Wherein we discuss tabletop RPGs, board games, anime, books, music, technology, and stupid Internet fads.

Re: MEET UP!

Postby Mameshiba » Oct 8th, 2011 @ 1:30am

So it sounds like Chicago will be the best bet at the moment! I've never really been there other than flight delays, but would there be any event in Chicago that would be worth going to? Something that would give us something to do other than just meet up.
Mameshiba

Postby jinpei05 » Oct 8th, 2011 @ 7:46am

Mameshiba wrote:So it sounds like Chicago will be the best bet at the moment! I've never really been there other than flight delays, but would there be any event in Chicago that would be worth going to? Something that would give us something to do other than just meet up.

http://gallopingghostarcade.com/

Nuff said.

Either that, or wait until March/April for C2E2.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby Mameshiba » Oct 8th, 2011 @ 12:15pm

Wow, that's a lot of games. Well, I'm going to see if I can find a good show playing in Chicago. That'll influence a date I could go. March/April might work well for a date.
Mameshiba

Postby jinpei05 » Oct 9th, 2011 @ 2:15pm

no51 wrote:
jinpei05 wrote:
no51 wrote:I think you mean Yeowoosai.

HA HA HA! You know Yeowoosai??? OMG, haven't been there in years. I heard all white people go there now.

Only the ones with yellow fever. Almost got into a fight there after some fob called my friends and i out for not being able to handle alcohol after we were done drinking like $300 worth of soju.

Good to see the testosterone levels haven't depleted since I last drank there. :lol:
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby KindGalaxy » Oct 21st, 2011 @ 11:50pm

Was talking to Chris/Troll the other night, if its in May-July 2012 I can come/will come. The later the better, like July would be perfect. Any state is fine, though love California; just to bum rush the comic shop when Gbox is podcasting, so how serious is the meetup anyway? If enough people are serious, a hotel/discount could be organised (talking around at least 30 people), renting a floor out for example.
Never start a beef with a butcher
KindGalaxy

Postby totoro » Oct 22nd, 2011 @ 7:31am

KindGalaxy wrote:Was talking to Chris/Troll the other night, if its in May-July 2012 I can come/will come. The later the better, like July would be perfect. Any state is fine, though love California; just to bum rush the comic shop when Gbox is podcasting, so how serious is the meetup anyway? If enough people are serious, a hotel/discount could be organised (talking around at least 30 people), renting a floor out for example.

If we're wanting to get that organized with it we should get the thread stickied and maybe get the podcast crew to advertise it once we nail down a place and time.

I think mrstotoro and I will definitely be in for something in the May-July timeframe. If KG can make it all the way from Australia, I feel like I have to make my best effort to get there.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0559-6917-7116
totoro

Postby jinpei05 » Oct 22nd, 2011 @ 2:43pm

Hey, no reason we can't have multiple ones. I'm for having one in Chicago around March/April to coincide with C2E2, and another out west.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby Mr_eX » Oct 22nd, 2011 @ 10:02pm

If there's a real geekbox meet up wouldn't it have to be at Comics Conspiracy? Geekbox Con would be bigger than PAX.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby ribkicker4 » Oct 22nd, 2011 @ 10:56pm

We all cram into the backroom, smooched together. I'm down.
ribkicker4

Postby Master Higgins » Oct 23rd, 2011 @ 11:13am

ribkicker4 wrote:We all cram into the backroom, smooched together. I'm down.

And Brock is trying to clear all the clutter out of the back room... :lol:
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby KindGalaxy » Oct 23rd, 2011 @ 11:22am

Honestly Higgins, I can easily afford the price to gatecrash your place of business. I'll be the non-geek smacking a bottle of JD on the window. 8 months from now, I'm coming.
Never start a beef with a butcher
KindGalaxy

Postby jinpei05 » Oct 23rd, 2011 @ 2:04pm

KindGalaxy wrote:Honestly Higgins, I can easily afford the price to gatecrash your place of business. I'll be the non-geek smacking a bottle of JD on the window. 8 months from now, I'm coming.

Don't kid yourself there, KG.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby jinpei05 » Oct 23rd, 2011 @ 2:33pm

C2E2 is April 13th-15th in Chicago.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby manta173 » Oct 24th, 2011 @ 6:49am

jinpei05 wrote:C2E2 is April 13th-15th in Chicago.

Crap I'll be in Austrailia that week.
manta173

Postby manta173 » Apr 30th, 2013 @ 7:17am

Back from the dead.

I just realized I went to C2E2 this year and didn't think to tell you guys. I plan on going to Dragon-con this year as well and maybe Chicago Comic Con (the Wizard one).
manta173

Postby totoro » May 2nd, 2013 @ 4:11am

Seeing as I just got the hotel accommodations taken care of for Mani and myself, so I vote PAX Prime, if not this year then definitely next year.

Or perhaps GenCon, but that's just because it gives me an excuse to spend a weekend at home in Indy, plus it's a decently central location to pretty much anywhere in the country (including the major population centers of Canada).
totoro

Postby manta173 » May 2nd, 2013 @ 6:39am

totoro wrote:Seeing as I just got the hotel accommodations taken care of for Mani and myself, so I vote PAX Prime, if not this year then definitely next year.

Or perhaps GenCon, but that's just because it gives me an excuse to spend a weekend at home in Indy, plus it's a decently central location to pretty much anywhere in the country (including the major population centers of Canada).

Gen con is in Indy?!?! I would love to go. When is it this year?

I have been debating PAX East versus Prime for next year. The cross country flight had me leaning towards East though due to not having to waste a whole day travelling each way.

I honestly need to plan months or more in advance for this kind of stuff as my wife likes to plan way ahead and weekends fill up fast.
manta173

Postby totoro » May 2nd, 2013 @ 1:56pm

manta173 wrote:
totoro wrote:Seeing as I just got the hotel accommodations taken care of for Mani and myself, so I vote PAX Prime, if not this year then definitely next year.

Gen con is in Indy?!?! I would love to go. When is it this year?

I have been debating PAX East versus Prime for next year. The cross country flight had me leaning towards East though due to not having to waste a whole day travelling each way.

I honestly need to plan months or more in advance for this kind of stuff as my wife likes to plan way ahead and weekends fill up fast.

GenCon is in Indy every year, typically at the beginning of August. Our convention space is nice and downtown has gotten tremendously better. There are a lot of good places to eat and hang out after hours as well. I don't want to sound too much like a homer for Indy, but I do love it certain times of the year (May is the best time to be there, but whatever).

My thinking on Prime vs. East is that while both are about on par for the number of attendees, I think I'd prefer Seattle in the summer (the last two years I've gone it has never rained once and has been beautiful each day) over Boston at the end of winter or the very beginning of spring. I can't compare food and hotel costs between the two as I've never been to Boston, but it's not too much more to eat in Seattle compared to what I'm used to at home - about $20 for a really nice entree at dinner plus booze is always expensive everywhere. Downtown is nice as well.

Mani and I are staying 7 days this year (going out on Tuesday and coming back the Tuesday after Labor Day), so we're hoping to have more time in the city. The only downside is that it's becoming increasingly difficult to get passes. I don't know how long it took East to sell out this year, but it couldn't have been as quickly as Prime.
totoro

Postby manta173 » May 2nd, 2013 @ 2:57pm

You don't have to sell me on Indy, it is a fun little city that seems to be moving up. I might be able to swing it this year although it depends on a few things.

Weather is a good point. I don't have the vacation time for taking a week to go somewhere yet as most of it is dedicated to trips with the Mrs. I do want to spend more time in Seattle, but if I go to a con most of the time will be there instead of exploring.
manta173

Postby totoro » May 3rd, 2013 @ 10:59am

I know what you mean about extra time. In 2011 we went just for PAX, last year we tacked on an extra day, and this year we have 4 non-PAX days. I think we're actually going to get out of downtown quite a bit more this year.
totoro

Postby IRL_Troll » May 9th, 2013 @ 12:15pm

Anyone going to Dragoncon? If so, let me know for I'll be there too!
Wildcard. Bitches
To stalk me: http://twitter.com/ElChristophe
To play with and stalk me via Steam: (ID) Jack Of All AIDS
IRL_Troll

Postby manta173 » May 10th, 2013 @ 1:49pm

IRL_Troll wrote:Anyone going to Dragoncon? If so, let me know for I'll be there too!

I am but probably only Friday night with the wife.
manta173

udwrhaky

Postby Dissertation Online » Feb 20th, 2018 @ 9:26pm

write essays for me <a href="http://essays.store">critical essays</a> write essays for me college level essay
Dissertation Online

Previous
Forum Statistics