Wherein we discuss tabletop RPGs, board games, anime, books, music, technology, and stupid Internet fads.

geek tattoos

Postby anipunk » Nov 24th, 2009 @ 2:29pm

past couple of podcasts the have been talking about tattoos here are mine
just a random anime girl and
Calvin and Hobbes
anipunk

Re: geek tattoos

Postby darfox8 » Nov 24th, 2009 @ 5:15pm

Why a random anime girl? I'm not judging you or anything, but if I were to get an anime girl tattoo(or any type of tatoo) I'd get a very specific anime girl tattoo. What compelled you to walk into a tattoo shop and say "Put an anime girl on me. No it doesn't matter who or what she looks like. Just do it!"

Assuming those are real mister lick on tattoos!
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby anipunk » Nov 25th, 2009 @ 1:49am

darfox8 wrote:Why a random anime girl? I'm not judging you or anything, but if I were to get an anime girl tattoo(or any type of tatoo) I'd get a very specific anime girl tattoo. What compelled you to walk into a tattoo shop and say "Put an anime girl on me. No it doesn't matter who or what she looks like. Just do it!"

Assuming those are real mister lick on tattoos!

When I got my first tattoo I saw this on the wall I was just compelled by the drawing, so I went to the website on the page and printed it up took it to tattoo shop. That's my third tattoo so I put some thought into it and I liked it too much.
anipunk

Postby Raine » Nov 25th, 2009 @ 3:44am

I currently have no tattoos, but if I ever do get any I'm planning on Spidey on my calf and/or Fone Bone on my bicep. I'm a big time horror movie scary stuff death metal kind of guy, but it seems everyone gets something with skulls and demons. Friggin office workers who listen to Rascal Flatts go and get the fucking grim reaper on their arm. So fuck it, I'm going the opposite direction.
Raine

Postby Natto » Nov 25th, 2009 @ 12:57pm

I'm tattooless and probably will always remain that way. I'd never be able to settle on any sort of design considering I can't even stick with one desktop wallpaper for more than a few months.
I like to draw stuff.
Natto

Postby kenzo » Nov 30th, 2009 @ 10:28pm

You're doing it wrong, anipunk: Calvin needs to be peeing on something you despise. :mrgreen:
kenzo

Postby lemon-fresh » Dec 1st, 2009 @ 10:25am

If I were to have the money for tattoos I'd prolly do a Tiger head on the right side of my chest and maybe an Epee or Saber (or both) on my calf.
lemon-fresh

Postby Roadie Brock » Dec 3rd, 2009 @ 1:26am

I have been getting tattooed for seven years now and I love it. I officially have 6 tattoos total on my body. My first tattoo was the Key to Hell from the Sandman story arc Season of Mists. I thought about it for six years before deciding to get it on my back in between my shoulder blades. And it has been an addiction ever since. Currently I'm getting my left arm sleeved up with a Greek "theme" (i.e. titans, gods, Spartans, buildings, boats, etc.). The shop I get my ink at is a place in San Jose called Guru Tattoo (Dave Flowers is my main tattoo artist), check them out! :P
"Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem"

http://www.conspiratorbrock.com/
Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Postby ATC 1982 » Dec 3rd, 2009 @ 8:52am

I have five tattoo's and none of them are geek related though.
ATC 1982

Postby Resa F » Dec 5th, 2009 @ 5:52am

Image I'm planning on getting the Individual Eleven sign tattoed on one of my arms. Or maybe the Laughing man logo. Their both from Ghost in the Shell, so I definately consider them geeky.
If you have room in your life for another podcast listen to a far worse one- 4 or so 16 year old Brits talking http://pod.bottlelife.co.uk/tgc.xml
Resa F

Postby darfox8 » Dec 5th, 2009 @ 12:11pm

Resa F wrote:Image I'm planning on getting the Individual Eleven sign tattoed on one of my arms. Or maybe the Laughing man logo. Their both from Ghost in the Shell, so I definately consider them geeky.

I would recommend not getting the Laughing Man logo as a tattoo. I can't say for sure but I'm pretty sure the themes and lessons of that series would frown on someone getting a tattoo of that logo. I can't quite remember why but as a fan of the series I think it would be hypocritical of you to get that tattoo.

I never understood everything that went on during 2nd GIG so maybe the Individual Eleven logo would be ok. But I never understood the significance of that logo so maybe it's just as bad.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby Roadie Brock » Dec 18th, 2009 @ 12:47am

I've posted some of my tattoo pics on the Ask Roadie Brock Topic Page. Check them out.

http://forums.geekbox.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1140&start=20

Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Postby kenzo » Dec 18th, 2009 @ 11:51am

I'm not sure I want to get a gaming tattoo. I mean, how do you explain to your grandchildren, "oh man, CoD4 was the best FPS game made in the 2000's!"?? The shier ridiculousness wouldn't be unlike seeing an old man with a wrinkled tatoo of Dumbo or Mickey Mouse on his calf.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Dec 18th, 2009 @ 2:22pm

News flash Kenzo, there is not a tattoo in existence that it's going to look like shit when you're 80, so you might as well get something harsh now and use it to score some chicks, and not worry about how you're gonna look like as an old man, cause nobody's gonna give a shit about you then.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Dec 18th, 2009 @ 3:14pm

LiQuid wrote:News flash Kenzo, there is not a tattoo in existence that it's going to look like shit when you're 80, so you might as well get something harsh now and use it to score some chicks, and not worry about how you're gonna look like as an old man, cause nobody's gonna give a shit about you then.

You make a valid point - expect that we're talking about geek tattoos... I don't think having a Rebel Alliance logo or a Triforce on your forearm is 'harsh' or going to help get you laid...
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Dec 18th, 2009 @ 3:25pm

Depends on the kind of chicks you're willing to snag man. I bet that Ilovenerdygirls guy would do well with either of those tats.
LiQuid

Postby Roadie Brock » Dec 18th, 2009 @ 9:55pm

Chicks dig scars and tattoos. If you get a tattoo to increase your chances of getting laid your an idiot. A tattoo is for you not everyone else. If you want to get a Rebel Alliance logo go for it. If you want the unicorn from some RPG then get it. Even if you want some cursive writing above your ass that reads "Do Not Enter Here" (in Latin) then get it, cause it is what you want and it is for you. My joke tattoo was for me, but it just so happens to work out for my benefit in other ways; although this isn't always the case. My overall advice is think about what you want for a good amount of time, decide a location (very important), and realize that it is permanent. Removing a tattoo hurts a lot more than getting one.

Plus you have to actually converse with a woman for anything to actually maybe happen. :geek:

Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Postby PantslessJedi » Dec 20th, 2009 @ 10:29pm

Not quite a geek tattoo, but I spent a good chunk of this weekend painting ornaments. Note: I haven't painted since I was in grade school. I don't care how bad they are, I likes 'em.

I decided to paint the different WoW class icons. Thus far, I have an emblem for Alliance and Horde, Warrior, Priest, Shaman and Warlock completed.

didn't get a good shot of the warlock one, but I'll get s'more pictures later. I may even re-do that one.
PantslessJedi

Postby LiQuid » Dec 21st, 2009 @ 8:30am

Sufficiently nerdy, Pants. I approve. Great job!
LiQuid

Postby PantslessJedi » Dec 24th, 2009 @ 10:55am

I went back and re-did a few of them. Here's the complete collection, including a horrid abomination of my first attempt at a mage icon.

http://pantslessjedi.com/images/wow_ornaments/coll1.jpg
http://pantslessjedi.com/images/wow_ornaments/coll2.jpg
http://pantslessjedi.com/images/wow_ornaments/coll3.jpg
PantslessJedi

Postby Arcion » Jan 9th, 2010 @ 2:44pm

I have GIR from Invader Zim on my back and sufficiently nerdy Lord of the Rings Elvish Writing (my daughters names) around my bicep or what I used to call a bicep....dang civilian life.

Arc
Arcion

Postby I love Fitch » Jan 11th, 2010 @ 1:12am

Resa F wrote:Image I'm planning on getting the Individual Eleven sign tattoed on one of my arms. Or maybe the Laughing man logo. Their both from Ghost in the Shell, so I definately consider them geeky.

That would be the awesomesauce
Gamertag: Mak3TeaNotWar

14. English. Taller than Fitch. Employed. Bored out of my skull.
I love Fitch

Postby G-Nitro » Feb 4th, 2010 @ 5:57am

I have a tattoo of Sawa from the anime Kite I got back in '99. I'll have to find a good pic of it later to post. I do want to get a pic of Konata from Lucky Star, Haruhi Suzumiya, and either Mio or Yui from K-On!. xD
G-Nitro

Postby DrunkenRaine » Feb 9th, 2010 @ 3:11pm

I'm not done yet with the image, still have one more session to go, but here is what I have:
http://www.twitpic.com/128g9y

Still need to do the mid's and the highlight's. The green color is going to be coming out from under the symbol in wisps.
Last edited by DrunkenRaine on Feb 12th, 2010 @ 7:11pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrunkenRaine

Postby kenzo » Feb 12th, 2010 @ 4:33am

I don't have any tattoos, nor do I plan on ever having any... but if I did get one, and if it were geeky, it would probably be along these lines:
kenzo

Postby jadenn » Mar 10th, 2010 @ 7:36am

anipunk wrote:past couple of podcasts the have been talking about tattoos here are mine
just a random anime girl and
Calvin and Hobbes

Awesome! Nice tat! I like the random anime girl tat! I like the colors 8-) Cool!
jadenn

Postby AJR » Mar 16th, 2010 @ 6:44pm

I can't find a decent pic, but there's an Octupus that Mike Mignola drew for a Hellboy t-shirt that I've wanted on my arm for a while.
I do a podcast with some guy. Feel free to listen.
http://earth-2.net/podcasts/extralives/extralives
AJR

Postby MidoriFox » Jun 8th, 2011 @ 7:12am

I have the I have the kojima Prouductions Fox Unit logo on my forearm. But its just the fox part.
"Its milk and egg, bitch"
MidoriFox

Postby Serrah » Dec 12th, 2012 @ 4:01pm

I don't have a tattoo yet, but I already know what my first one will be. I've wanted it for a long time I'm just having a hard time finding a good local artist/tattooer. I really want a little 8-bit heart for my first tattoo :) It's girly and geeky! The perfect combo!
You spoony bard! :3
Serrah

Postby WestsideEddie » Dec 19th, 2012 @ 6:23pm

Have a tattoo from Chrono Trigger. Don't know how to post a pic or I would.

wes
In a picture perfect scenery. I've become a stick figure illustration.
WestsideEddie

Next
Forum Statistics