Wherein we discuss tabletop RPGs, board games, anime, books, music, technology, and stupid Internet fads.

Re: What are you eating?

Postby totoro » Nov 9th, 2014 @ 4:37pm

Flew into NJ today, missed lunch, and had Shake Shack for the first time.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0559-6917-7116
totoro

Postby LiQuid » Nov 9th, 2014 @ 5:38pm

They forgot to put cheese on your hot dog...
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Feb 23rd, 2015 @ 11:01pm

Raisin Bran Crunch is some legit ass cereal.
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Feb 24th, 2015 @ 4:08am

Yes. So much better than even normal Raisin Bran.
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Mar 2nd, 2015 @ 3:34pm

"You gonna eat that?"

"Actually, I am not going to eat this..."

LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Mar 3rd, 2015 @ 12:21am

How many boxes of Caramel De-Lites/Samoas did you buy this year? You can tell the truth. You will not be judged.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Jul 6th, 2015 @ 5:37am

I just looked at more than half dozen simple omelette instructional videos on youtube and literally every single one of them burned the fuck out of their egg. Why don't stupid fucking Americans realize that if your egg is brown it's overcooked? I love it when they do the half-moon fold and their egg disc cracks straight down the middle and they're like "oh yeah, that's perfect" dude, your egg is such a fucking dried out husk of shit it breaks in half like a Ritz cracker, and you call that perfect? I'm so glad I know how to actually cook an omelette. I am going to go make some breakfast, let's do this!

THIS IS WRONG:

THIS IS RIGHT:

LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Jul 6th, 2015 @ 6:11am

Some people like the Maillard Reaction.
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Jul 6th, 2015 @ 9:44am

That's not what is happening with eggs.
LiQuid

Postby Jenn04 » Jul 6th, 2015 @ 12:25pm

LiQuid wrote:I just looked at more than half dozen simple omelette instructional videos on youtube and literally every single one of them burned the fuck out of their egg. Why don't stupid fucking Americans realize that if your egg is brown it's overcooked? I love it when they do the half-moon fold and their egg disc cracks straight down the middle and they're like "oh yeah, that's perfect" dude, your egg is such a fucking dried out husk of shit it breaks in half like a Ritz cracker, and you call that perfect? I'm so glad I know how to actually cook an omelette. I am going to go make some breakfast, let's do this!

THIS IS WRONG:

THIS IS RIGHT:

That brown omelette looks like some kind of cancerous growth. Why do people think that looks appetizing?!

"oh yeah, that's perfect" HA!
Jenn04

Postby kenzo » Jul 6th, 2015 @ 2:39pm

Come back to me with some tamagoyaki and we'll talk.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Aug 16th, 2015 @ 8:28pm

Why do regular M&Ms exist? Why would anyone, give then choice, ever pick regular over peanut? We really need to just cleanse whatever portion of our population does this. They're of no use to us.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Aug 16th, 2015 @ 8:39pm

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I dislike peanut m&ms. I didn't like nuts as a kid. I can eat 'em now just fine but it's always a little disappointing to get a peanut inside what should just be chocolate. Especially when you aren't looking, throw them in your mouth, and then bite down expecting soft chocolate and then the jarring jolt to your teeth when it meets the resistance of a firm peanut.
kenzo

Postby CrossXhunteR » Sep 17th, 2015 @ 7:42pm

Nothing.
CrossXhunteR

Postby CrossXhunteR » Nov 9th, 2015 @ 1:06pm

I picked up a package of Golden Curry medium curry mix. The local stores only seem to carry medium and mild. Will end up making that some point this week, maybe even tonight. Dakazu has already given tips on the curry and how to prepare the rice.
CrossXhunteR

Postby kenzo » Nov 9th, 2015 @ 1:21pm

CrossXhunteR wrote:I picked up a package of Golden Curry medium curry mix. The local stores only seem to carry medium and mild. Will end up making that some point this week, maybe even tonight. Dakazu has already given tips on the curry and how to prepare the rice.
Literally just follow the directions. It's really easy and hard to fuck up. If you have a meat picked out already go for it, but IMO flank steak is the best.
kenzo

Postby CrossXhunteR » Nov 9th, 2015 @ 1:22pm

I got some sort of beef that I don't remember the name of right now. Any suggestions for a particular variety of potato to use?
CrossXhunteR

Postby dakazu » Nov 9th, 2015 @ 3:23pm

I like red potatoes but russet and idaho are fine as well. Peel them and cube them. Basically prepare veggies like you'd stew them but more bite size pieces.

Don't forget to add some sort ingredients at the end! Small amounts of granted apples, dark chocolate, honey, chilli peppers, even coffee will add to the flavor. You can substitute a bread bowl for rice as well.
dakazu

Postby CrossXhunteR » Nov 13th, 2015 @ 4:55am

I made my curry last night. What a weird experience. I don't think I have ever tasted something like it before. I honestly can't say if I liked or disliked it.
CrossXhunteR

Postby dakazu » Nov 13th, 2015 @ 10:55am

Wait til the tomorrow. Curry tastes better after sitting for a day.
dakazu

Postby kenzo » Nov 13th, 2015 @ 11:05am

:lol: #WhitePeople
kenzo

Postby kenzo » Nov 13th, 2015 @ 11:18am

Forreal though, I'm excited for you, look forward to actually chatting about your experience.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Nov 13th, 2015 @ 11:31am

I've never had curry either. Indian just isn't a kind of food we get around here. Milwaukee's all German, Polish and Mexican.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Nov 13th, 2015 @ 3:59pm

LiQuid wrote:I've never had curry either. Indian just isn't a kind of food we get around here. Milwaukee's all German, Polish and Mexican.
I call BS. IIRC you have a Sikh temple near where you live; there's no way you don't have Indian food. In fact...

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_loc=Mil ... flt=indpak

Bruh

Do yourself a favor and get an order of either 'Chicken Tikka Masala', or 'Butter Chicken' with a bunch of rice &/or naan on the side. Those are pretty newbie-friendly dishes. Samosas are pretty good too.

You also probably have a number of Thai options too, and Thai curry is pretty good too. The big difference is that they use coconut milk in the sauce, throw in a bunch of basil, and ingredients that are in general more SEA.

Also, if you were shameless enough, you could just walk into that Sikh temple and just mooch free food off of them. I forget the particulars, but IIRC it's like part of their religion where they always serve meals during their services and they're supposed to feed anyone who walks in regardless of where they came from for free.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Nov 13th, 2015 @ 4:27pm

Most of those places are in downtown or east side which are upscale, snobby neighborhoods that I haven't been in since I was in my 20s and used to spend $300 a night at bars. The only place there even close to me is the Kabana Grill which is near the airport. I've never heard of it, so it must be a new place (looking at the reviews it has posted on its website they just opened last year) and based on its address I'm fairly certain the latest in a string of restaurants that have opened and closed in the same building in that location over the last 2 decades which is surrounded by fast food restaurants and casual dining restaurants.

So while you may call BS and technically be right, it's not an uncommon thing for someone who lives on the south side and works on the south side and very rarely goes downtown or to the northside to not have eaten at any of those establishments. We have one Sikh temple to my knowledge in all of the Milwaukee area that is real close to me but I don't know enough about Sikhism to start intruding on their services for free grub.

I know of a single Thai place in my neighborhood that's directly next door to a place that has probably my favorite subs in the city. I've been to that sub place about a hundred times and never not once entered the Thai place. It's always empty or near empty when I go by it.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Nov 13th, 2015 @ 5:14pm

LiQuid wrote:So while you may call BS and technically be right, it's not an uncommon thing for someone who lives on the south side and works on the south side and very rarely goes downtown or to the northside to not have eaten at any of those establishments. We have one Sikh temple to my knowledge in all of the Milwaukee area that is real close to me but I don't know enough about Sikhism to start intruding on their services for free grub.
Bruh. Get the fuck outta ur house and LIVE A LITTLE. Also, not knowing much about a religion is exactly the kind of scenario that makes it OK to just walk into a place and just ask what's up.
kenzo

Postby CrossXhunteR » Nov 13th, 2015 @ 5:58pm

Don't forget, If Kenzo could he would never eat the same thing twice. He believes that you should always being trying new stuff, never anything you know you like.
CrossXhunteR

Postby CrossXhunteR » Nov 14th, 2015 @ 10:00am

Pics of the curry from the other night.

CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Nov 14th, 2015 @ 10:44am

Looks like some Dinty Moore beef stew out of a can tbh.

Your kitchen is a fucking disaster by the way. Shitty electric coil range that's grimy as shit. Old crusty laminate countertop literally falling off. I hope you're renting.
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Nov 14th, 2015 @ 2:06pm

Oh yeah, Definitely renting. I actually kind of hate how busted the range is, as none of the heating elements lay flat.
CrossXhunteR

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics