Wherein we discuss tabletop RPGs, board games, anime, books, music, technology, and stupid Internet fads.

Re: The Internet is for funnay!

Postby LiQuid » Mar 15th, 2012 @ 12:52pm

This won't stop making me laugh.

LiQuid

Postby Konanda » Mar 20th, 2012 @ 9:10am

The Turkey Football Federation recently banned the use of flares and fireworks in football stadiums*, so this happened.

*punishable by a 1750 Lira/960 USD fine.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby Master Higgins » Mar 20th, 2012 @ 10:34am

I think trollface may be the greatest artistic movement of our generation.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby kenzo » Mar 20th, 2012 @ 10:50am

Konanda wrote:The Turkey Football Federation recently banned the use of flares and fireworks in football stadiums*, so this happened.

Man, I'm always astounded by how pumped up the crowds can get worldwide at such a boring sport like soccer. Imagine what these poor fools would do at an actually exciting sports event. They'd probably lose their fucking minds and society would break down.
kenzo

Postby flufflogic » Mar 20th, 2012 @ 11:36am

kenzo wrote:
Konanda wrote:The Turkey Football Federation recently banned the use of flares and fireworks in football stadiums*, so this happened.

Man, I'm always astounded by how pumped up the crowds can get worldwide at such a boring sport like soccer. Imagine what these poor fools would do at an actually exciting sports event. They'd probably lose their fucking minds and society would break down.

I'm no fan of football, but seriously, more happens and at a faster pace that pretty much any US sport bar ice hockey.
flufflogic

Postby kenzo » Mar 20th, 2012 @ 12:37pm

Highly debatable.
kenzo

Postby Konanda » Mar 20th, 2012 @ 2:16pm

kenzo wrote:Highly debatable.

Konanda

Postby kenzo » Mar 20th, 2012 @ 3:20pm

Hockey is fast because they're wearing skates on ice: it's not purely because of the athletic talents of the players. If you're okay talking about equipment helping assist the speed of the game, let's talk about Formula 1 racing?

The best athletes doing the most impressive physical feats happens in the NBA.

As for exciting, I've never seen a basketball or football game end with a score of 0-0, but that routinely happens in hockey and soccer.

All I'm saying is: debatable. You can make good arguments for both sides.
kenzo

Postby Konanda » Mar 20th, 2012 @ 3:24pm

kenzo wrote:The best athletes doing the most impressive physical feats happens in the NBA.

Konanda

Postby kenzo » Mar 20th, 2012 @ 3:46pm

Your cat can't spell.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Mar 20th, 2012 @ 4:01pm

Any sport that contains "clock management" as a management-level strategy is inferior to soccer.
LiQuid

Postby Konanda » Mar 20th, 2012 @ 4:01pm

kenzo wrote:Your cat can't spell.

You expect too much from the creature, he's a cat on the Internet I found through an image search engine. I'm astounded he can even type.
Konanda

Postby kenzo » Mar 20th, 2012 @ 4:07pm

LiQuid wrote:Any sport that contains "clock management" as a management-level strategy is inferior to soccer.
I've never once seen soccer players try to burn minutes off the clock when they're ahead by playing ultra-defensively, or taking dives, or wasting game time by running around like an idiot while the play is dead.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Mar 20th, 2012 @ 4:16pm

kenzo wrote:
LiQuid wrote:Any sport that contains "clock management" as a management-level strategy is inferior to soccer.
I've never once seen soccer players try to burn minutes off the clock when they're ahead by playing ultra-defensively, or taking dives, or wasting game time by running around like an idiot while the play is dead.

Management-level, dipshit. Players using time management strategies while the clock is still ticking is fine, but shit like juggling timeouts in NFL football, and fouling on purpose! in basketball diminishes the purity of sport on a fundamental level that never sat right with me. Baseball is great in that both teams get 27 outs and quite literally no game is over until the last strike is thrown. I've really grown to appreciate this purity in baseball over the years.
LiQuid

Postby Dr Otacon » Mar 22nd, 2012 @ 3:26pm

I know this looks stupid but damn it makes me laugh every time I see it. I have no idea why Kim Jong Il is in that window like that.
“The one thing you must never let yourself forget: The story is always on the street.”
Spider Jerusalem
Dr Otacon

Postby Fade2Black » Mar 24th, 2012 @ 3:48am

Chris Chase@yahoo wrote:‘Borat’ national anthem accidentally played for Kazakh athlete (video)

A gold-medal winning athlete from Kazakhstan was forced to stand through a national anthem that insulted other countries and boasted of her nation's "clean prostitutes" when organizers at a shooting competition accidentally played a fake anthem from the comedy film "Borat."

Gold medalist Maria Dmitrienko never lets on that there's a problem and graciously poses for photos with the other medalists following the ceremony.

Dmitrienko won the 75 target event at the 10th Arab Shooting Championship in Kuwait on Thursday. She stood on the podium with the event's other medal winners and expected to hear "My Kazakhstan." Instead, she was greeted with Sacha Baron Cohen's mock anthem from his 2006 film.

Organizers apparently downloaded the anthem from the Internet by mistake. The song was filled with references to potassium (Kazakhstan's top export), dirty swimming pools and insults of other countries and religions.

Dmitrienko's Kazakh teammates were reportedly incensed with the mistake. They demanded another ceremony and an apology from organizers.

Cohen's film was banned in both Kazakhstan and Kuwait for its negative portrayal of the Asian country.

Hey dumb-asss, if you're gonna f-up an athlete's national anthem, by inadvertently playing the fake anthem from the film Borat, next time don't pick an athlete who just finished first place at the Arab Shooting Championship.
Fade2Black

Postby wtfpeople » Mar 25th, 2012 @ 4:34am

Fade2Black wrote:
Chris Chase@yahoo wrote:‘Borat’ national anthem accidentally played for Kazakh athlete (video)

A gold-medal winning athlete from Kazakhstan was forced to stand through a national anthem that insulted other countries and boasted of her nation's "clean prostitutes" when organizers at a shooting competition accidentally played a fake anthem from the comedy film "Borat."

Gold medalist Maria Dmitrienko never lets on that there's a problem and graciously poses for photos with the other medalists following the ceremony.

Dmitrienko won the 75 target event at the 10th Arab Shooting Championship in Kuwait on Thursday. She stood on the podium with the event's other medal winners and expected to hear "My Kazakhstan." Instead, she was greeted with Sacha Baron Cohen's mock anthem from his 2006 film.

Organizers apparently downloaded the anthem from the Internet by mistake. The song was filled with references to potassium (Kazakhstan's top export), dirty swimming pools and insults of other countries and religions.

Dmitrienko's Kazakh teammates were reportedly incensed with the mistake. They demanded another ceremony and an apology from organizers.

Cohen's film was banned in both Kazakhstan and Kuwait for its negative portrayal of the Asian country.

Hey dumb-asss, if you're gonna f-up an athlete's national anthem, by inadvertently playing the fake anthem from the film Borat, next time don't pick an athlete who just finished first place at the Arab Shooting Championship.

From their Billions of dollars in oil revenue did not have enough in the budget to buy a copy of the anthem they did Google search and ended up with pirated music.

Hey, Movie Studios and Record Companies like you did to little old ladies you are gonna go after Kuw-.
No?
OK.
wtfpeople

Postby LiQuid » Apr 1st, 2012 @ 8:22pm

LiQuid

Postby Coctopus » Apr 1st, 2012 @ 11:57pm

I want to own that art.
Coctopus

Postby Fade2Black » Apr 12th, 2012 @ 6:10pm

Kirk Cameron takes a ccock pounding.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/b6dded ... rk-cameron
Fade2Black

Postby Konanda » Apr 14th, 2012 @ 12:15pm

Welcome to Australia

Edit: damn you forum formatting!
http://i.imgur.com/flyBF.jpg
Konanda

Postby Mr_eX » Apr 16th, 2012 @ 6:32am

Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Apr 16th, 2012 @ 11:16pm

LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Apr 19th, 2012 @ 10:44pm

LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Apr 20th, 2012 @ 1:12am

Sometimes, I think those are made up by bored staff writers at the failing newspaper. Then I see videos like "Soulja Girl" and realize that it's probably all true.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Apr 20th, 2012 @ 8:58pm

LiQuid

Postby Olympia » Apr 24th, 2012 @ 12:52am

Last edited by Olympia on Apr 24th, 2012 @ 12:54am, edited 1 time in total.
-=187 ride or die=-
Olympia

Postby LiQuid » Apr 24th, 2012 @ 1:06am

Dang it, I forgot to start at the bottom so I spoiled the ending for myself. :(
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Apr 24th, 2012 @ 2:47pm

I'm sure all of you have heard of Paula Dean and how disgusting her and her cooking is. Here's a golden recipe of hers, from the food network website verbatim:

Paula 'GET ME INSULIN NAO' Dean wrote:Ingredients:
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
2 cans (14 1/2-ounces) English peas, drained

Directions:
Melt the butter in small pot and add the peas. Cook over medium heat until peas are warm.

LULLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZHoly shit! Are you kidding me?

Fake-edit: some of these comments fuckin' kill it. This is the best thing I've seen on the internet in a while.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Apr 24th, 2012 @ 5:43pm

Finally got a newsletter from DumpStarbucks.com!!! I love this! Still can't believe it's real! :D

LiQuid

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics