Wherein we discuss tabletop RPGs, board games, anime, books, music, technology, and stupid Internet fads.

Re: GiantBomb

Postby darfox8 » Nov 28th, 2014 @ 12:41pm

Holy shit this newest episode of MGScanlon is horrible... amazing but horrible. First Dan tells Drew to kill people, which is the stupidest thing to do in any MGS after MGS1, sure enough it leads to many unnecessary Alert and Caution phases, then Drew can't cross the bridge with the trap doors. For some reason he's not thinking to simply shoot the cyphers before he starts to shimmy across. So he's coming up with the most convoluted strategies of shimmying then, tossingchaff grenade, then hanging, then dead, dead, dead, dead, dead.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby dakazu » Nov 29th, 2014 @ 2:05am

The whole MGS2 playthrough has been ass. If things continue the way they are, I think Drew won't be interested in playing MGS3.
dakazu

Postby kenzo » Nov 29th, 2014 @ 3:08am

dakazu wrote:The whole MGS2 playthrough has been ass. If things continue the way they are, I think Drew won't be interested in playing MGS3.
Considering the description of how Darfox has described his playthrough of MGS2, that's probably for the best then. Since MGS3 would probably kill the man.
kenzo

Postby darfox8 » Nov 29th, 2014 @ 7:23am

I think there's little chance of him not play MGS3. He's still likes the story and when this game goes bat shit insane and he hears that MGS3 is very straightforward he'll be interested.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby darfox8 » Dec 2nd, 2014 @ 9:02pm

Oh man. I missed Vinny. Him and Dan together is pretty interesting. Alex is thankfully drowned out.
darfox8

Postby dakazu » Dec 30th, 2014 @ 8:09pm

Rejoice Liquid. Patrick has left Giant Bomb.
dakazu

Postby LiQuid » Dec 30th, 2014 @ 9:19pm

Haha, really. I guess I can get rid of that nopat mod.

Now if Santa gives me another present next year Alex will be next. Hearing him on the GOTY podcasts is fucking PAINFUL. F U C K I N G PAINFUL. I can not fucking stand it whenever Jeff makes his obviously joking suggestions Alex will sit there defiantly barking "No... No.... No......" into his mic like a petulant fucking child. Like no fucking shit WWE Super Card isn't going to be the game of the year you fucking retard. It's a running joke that has literally lasted the entirety of the deliberations.
LiQuid

Postby seamus2389 » Dec 31st, 2014 @ 4:36am

Whats weird is a week or two ago Patrick posted a picure on twitter of the new GB Chicago studio so whatever job he is moving came up real quick. I'm not really going to miss him cause he was already gone from the podcast and I only listened to bombing the am when they had I guest on I was interested in. The only loss is the worth reading stuff.

The question is do they replace him? He was the news person but I don't think the rest of them care much about that and him being in Chicago he was out the door
video wise. I do hope this opens the door to a vinny and alex podcast.

My crazy theory - he is going to salon cause he tweeted something in the last week bout it than when I heard he was leaving that was the first place that poped into my head.

I liked the GOTY podcasts but I didn't bother listening to the actual game of the year stuff cause I coudn't really give a shit about where shadow of mordor and a load of other games I have no interest in playing rank. Jeffs rank about how disappointing Destiny was in one of the earlier podcasts was great to listen to. As was the revalation he played 2200 games of the WWE card which at 23 seconds a game = 28 hours
seamus2389

Postby LiQuid » Dec 31st, 2014 @ 5:43am

Zodiac Motherfucker on Twitter bitching about how he got shafted from writing a top 10 this year. The guests that did get to write a top 10 seem like they're filling an ethnic/gender diversity quota. With Patrick gone I hope next year all the guest best-of's are just all wrestlers.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Jan 1st, 2015 @ 7:29am

Are there any other surprise guest appearances in the GotY videos other than Troy Baker? I honestly couldn't sit thru the videos. This year's were pretty bad.
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Jan 1st, 2015 @ 7:43am

Some Hoodslam guy is in the Dan Ryckert bit. When did Troy Baker show up?
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Jan 1st, 2015 @ 11:35am

Baker was in the Day 5 recap during a Dan bit where he was making him voice act lines from Air Force Gator. It was only marginally painful to watch unlike most of the rest of the production.
LiQuid

Postby darfox8 » Jan 1st, 2015 @ 12:43pm

LiQuid wrote:Zodiac Motherfucker on Twitter bitching about how he got shafted from writing a top 10 this year. The guests that did get to write a top 10 seem like they're filling an ethnic/gender diversity quota. With Patrick gone I hope next year all the guest best-of's are just all wrestlers.

I think it's silly for him to think he deserves to be in every year. The whole point of that thing was hearing from people you normally don't hear about. They also didn't have Jeff Green and Paul Barnett, right?
darfox8

Postby LiQuid » Jan 1st, 2015 @ 2:46pm

It has only become that in the last couple years when they started having outta left field articles from guys like Jimmy Woods and pro wrestlers and shit, and even now it still has the same "friends of the site" focus that it has always had. I could easily see guys like Paul Barnett and Jeff Green just not wanting to do one since they're the type of guys you usually see a preamble including the standard "I'm a busy guy so I only played 3 games this year and they're all shitty cell phone games" excuse. Didn't Paul send in a weird video top 'x' list last year?

Anyways, almost all of the usual suspects are still present and accounted for yet ZMF wasn't even asked to participate and was handed an excuse about wanting to diversify the lineup this year when that's clearly not really the case. Like there are dozens of these a lot of them from people I don't know or care about I find it hard to believe they couldn't have cleared a spot in their RSS vomit for a staple like ZMF. It's clear someone on staff doesn't want him to be a part of the proceedings any longer.
LiQuid

Postby seamus2389 » Jan 1st, 2015 @ 3:52pm

LiQuid wrote:It has only become that in the last couple years when they started having outta left field articles from guys like Jimmy Woods and pro wrestlers and shit, and even now it still has the same "friends of the site" focus that it has always had. I could easily see guys like Paul Barnett and Jeff Green just not wanting to do one since they're the type of guys you usually see a preamble including the standard "I'm a busy guy so I only played 3 games this year and they're all shitty cell phone games" excuse. Didn't Paul send in a weird video top 'x' list last year?

Anyways, almost all of the usual suspects are still present and accounted for yet ZMF wasn't even asked to participate and was handed an excuse about wanting to diversify the lineup this year when that's clearly not really the case. Like there are dozens of these a lot of them from people I don't know or care about I find it hard to believe they couldn't have cleared a spot in their RSS vomit for a staple like ZMF. It's clear someone on staff doesn't want him to be a part of the proceedings any longer.

ZMF is a wanker, good riddance.
seamus2389

Postby LiQuid » Jan 1st, 2015 @ 3:59pm

You're a wanker.
LiQuid

Postby darfox8 » Jan 2nd, 2015 @ 1:55pm

fijuhnswoufho8ewuhfiusbfiyuf

Patrick went to Kotaku. What a shitter. http://kotaku.com/hi-kotaku-im-patrick- ... 1677103784
darfox8

Postby LiQuid » Jan 2nd, 2015 @ 3:31pm

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I hope he rots in shit. :lol:
LiQuid

Postby dakazu » Jan 2nd, 2015 @ 9:38pm

Fucking gross.

I like Patick but c'mon, fuck off.
dakazu

Postby LiQuid » Jan 2nd, 2015 @ 10:56pm

I wonder what the circumstance surrounding this was. I would like to think someone at GB/CBS finally realized they were paying some twerp to sit at home and mail in an hours worth of streaming content and an article every day.
LiQuid

Postby totoro » Jan 3rd, 2015 @ 10:19am

I think I've gotten Ryckert figured out. His love of Nintendo is only equalled by that of Ryan Higgins. His eating habits are like those of the cartoon Ryan Scott. He's obviously the result of some genetic splicing experiment in the late 80s.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0559-6917-7116
totoro

Postby darfox8 » Jan 5th, 2015 @ 12:24pm

Greg Millar and his unrecognizable sidekicks all left ign to do something. A website. Didn't want to make a separate thread so I just wrote this in here.
darfox8

Postby LiQuid » Jan 5th, 2015 @ 12:28pm

What about Altano?
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Jan 5th, 2015 @ 12:35pm

Altano is still at IGN, as of now. Max Scoville joined IGN as a new host.
CrossXhunteR

Postby Master Higgins » Jan 5th, 2015 @ 2:27pm

darfox8 wrote:Greg Millar and his unrecognizable sidekicks

:lol: :lol: :lol:
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby CrossXhunteR » Jan 5th, 2015 @ 3:39pm

You spelled Miller wrong. I would say one of those sidekicks is recognizable if you know who Greg is.
CrossXhunteR

Postby CrossXhunteR » Jan 7th, 2015 @ 4:58pm

I am pretty sure forum goer Karubah sent something to Giantbomb and it was on a mailbag.
CrossXhunteR

Postby CrossXhunteR » Jan 14th, 2015 @ 7:20pm

The quick look for Puyo Puyo Tetris is kind of crazy.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-l ... 2300-9838/
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Jan 14th, 2015 @ 11:17pm

Looks rad. Two of my favorite games of all time in one.
LiQuid

Postby abayarts » Jan 18th, 2015 @ 3:11pm

CrossXhunteR wrote:The quick look for Puyo Puyo Tetris is kind of crazy.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-l ... 2300-9838/

Sometimes Dan annoys me when he wins.
abayarts

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics