Wherein we discuss tabletop RPGs, board games, anime, books, music, technology, and stupid Internet fads.

Re: Complain about shit that sucks

Postby Mr_eX » Jan 29th, 2014 @ 11:22am

3:30 pm to 8:30am commute

Found these on reddit
More here http://imgur.com/a/uREXR
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Mr_eX » Jan 29th, 2014 @ 11:27am

Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Konanda » Jan 29th, 2014 @ 11:31am

The sideroads finally opened to work (highway still closed) and I still couldn't get in since the fuel lines froze in my car and had to replace the fix the belt on the alternator since it froze up and wouldn't actually spin the right pulley. Finally got it all warmed up and good to go around 11:30 and dumped in some gasline anti-freeze and then the all the sideroads but two in the whole county were closed so I couldn't get out anyway. Called my boss to let him know my car was working again but the roads were closed and then he let me know they were sending everyone home early anyway.

Funniest thing is today is worse then yesterday weather wise but the sideroads opened up so I guess they were desperate for people to get in. (probably more for the shift people [Category A] so they could relieve the dudes stuck there for 3 days)

Ugh, going to be behind on work once again once I get back, although I guess everyone is. (roads have been closed since sunday, and the week before missed another 2.5 days and the week before another 2 as well)

Craziest winter in a long time this year. Oh well.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby LiQuid » Jan 29th, 2014 @ 11:38am

LiQuid wrote:WE NEED TO SEND CILLIAN MURPHY TO THE SUN WITH A NUCLEAR PAYLOAD TO REIGNITE THAT FUCKER BECAUSE OUR PLANET IS DYING!!!!
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Jan 29th, 2014 @ 12:08pm

Clearly we need to send Aaron Eckhart and Hilary Swank into the core of the planet
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Feb 3rd, 2014 @ 6:17am

What a shit tier Super Bowl.
LiQuid

Postby Starwats » Feb 9th, 2014 @ 2:05pm

Almost got hit by a car last night. I was having a fantastic time rolling and I was walking on the sidewalk next to the building I was about to go into, when some drunk dudes in an SUV peel around the corner and weave through the group of people I was walking with. It was about 6 inches away from me. Totally ruined my night.
LiQuid wrote:I think secretly kenzo gets even madder about Dota than even Dakazu.

No trading.
Starwats

Postby LiQuid » Feb 17th, 2014 @ 11:04pm

I think my fucking cat absconded with my 3DS stylus. It's $6 after shipping for Nintendo to send me a new one! Wat do!?
LiQuid

Postby meDotJS » Feb 20th, 2014 @ 5:22pm

Well, it's a snowstorm, and it's all clingy snow, so I have a feeling the power might go out (too much snow clinging to powerlines and causing them to snap), but at least it's pretty...until the inevitable power outage caused by 12"-16" of wet clingy snow.

Liquid wrote:"meDotJS - Today at 8:20 PM
I just googled it
and I'm wrong"
its official
even google says medot is wrong
meDotJS

Postby LiQuid » Feb 20th, 2014 @ 5:48pm

Go have a god damned snowball fight. It's awesome outside right now.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Apr 16th, 2014 @ 4:18pm

I really hate teaching old people how to use computers. Like, it's something I've always found annoying, but I'm increasingly growing impatient with it. It's always the same exact simple mistakes that people make, and they're easily avoidable you bother to like, fucking read instructions that are on the page before you start clicking away at shit. Like, this inability or unwillingness to read shit before you start clicking on things is the kind of habitual mistakes little children make. You're grown-ass adults. Not reading instructions shouldn't be a fucking issue. And I hate having to waste my time walking over to someone and basically telling them shit they should already know but are too fucking lazy/stupid to read instructions and figure shit out themselves. I'm here to assist with trouble, not to do your critical thinking for you.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » May 15th, 2014 @ 9:15pm

I'm really sad because an old DOS game that I really love and want to play again has compatibility issues with 64 bit OS so I can't install it on this PC. :(
LiQuid

Postby dakazu » May 19th, 2014 @ 1:57am

dakazu

Postby LiQuid » May 19th, 2014 @ 2:01am

Does this mean we will get to go a day without having to listen to you bitch about how hot you are?
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » May 19th, 2014 @ 2:18am

Don't you see the lava in that pic? It's clearly EVEN HOTTER.
kenzo

Postby kenzo » May 22nd, 2014 @ 3:31pm

The library I volunteer at is getting a bunch of new computers. They're really swank, even if I have to put up with Windows 8 (touch-screen on a laptop is awesome, BTW). Problem is, there's a bunch of new child-safety protocols built into these that are blocking all the websites I visit on the regular that make sitting in the library for hours on end with nothing to do bearable. For example: yes, there's tons of NSFW shit on Reddit that the library as a whole would probably be better off blocking. But come on man. I'm only on there to read SFW shit like /r/nba, or /r/dota2, or /r/dccomics, or /r/worldnews and not even anything borderline risky like /r/anime. This blows so hard.
kenzo

Postby Starwats » May 26th, 2014 @ 12:58pm

kenzo wrote:The library I volunteer at

Humblebrag
LiQuid wrote:I think secretly kenzo gets even madder about Dota than even Dakazu.

No trading.
Starwats

Postby meDotJS » Jun 12th, 2014 @ 1:27pm

I think I've had it up to here with Charter. Ever since I've moved in here my internet has been unreliable on an outstandingly consistent level. I've never gone more than a month with functioning internet, usually doing that thing where it constantly disconnects (sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes for five minutes) and then reconnects for maybe ten minutes before going down again (rinse and repeat for hours or even days). Been doing this on and off since I moved in here. Three technicians later and nothing is fixed. And this morning I wake up to no internet. Was on the phone for thirty minutes before they finally admitted they didn't know if they could fix it any time soon.

So I cancelled it. Gonna tether with my phone network so I can stay online but beyond that I'm gonna take a break from multiplayer games (I've gotten my fill of Hardline, so I'm fine with that) and video streaming (I've got a physical backlog too and a video store right down the street that rents things out for next to nothing; also won't interfere with my watching of Star Trek Enterprise, I've got alternate solutions for that). Also I'll still pop up on Mumble, used it on tethered network a week or so ago and no one even noticed. Uses next to no data too.

Gonna move across town in the next month or two anyways (if all goes according to plan and I can find somewhere to move too), so I'll just reconnect my internet at my new place and hope it's not a broken mess there.
Liquid wrote:"meDotJS - Today at 8:20 PM
I just googled it
and I'm wrong"
its official
even google says medot is wrong
meDotJS

Postby LiQuid » Jun 13th, 2014 @ 8:50am

There seems to be an increasingly more likely possibility that my TV just died on me. The power LED is on and sound is still coming out of my receiver/speakers but the screen is black. I'm about to be the saddest man in the world.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Jul 5th, 2014 @ 1:08am

It's 1AM and there are still assholes setting off illegal fireworks outside that are freaking my cats out. WTF.
kenzo

Postby BeowolfSchaefer » Jul 5th, 2014 @ 4:04pm

Yeah they were still going strong here till at least 11pm. I suspect it was freaking my cat out as well but she's still not quite used to the new house so is rather skittish anyway.
BeowolfSchaefer

Postby LiQuid » Jul 6th, 2014 @ 1:32pm

I just knocked an open bottle of hot sauce on the floor. It didn't break thankfully but it hit the ground at such an angle that a good amount of it managed to splash up so high that it sprinkled all over my head and face and then left a big red puddle on the carpet. Fuck.
LiQuid

Postby darfox8 » Jul 6th, 2014 @ 3:48pm

I bet you were like "Must not open eyes must not open eyes."
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby LiQuid » Jul 6th, 2014 @ 3:59pm

It was just like on my cheek and shit thankfully but after I got done cleaning it all up I was like "Must not touch penis must not touch penis"
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Jul 17th, 2014 @ 10:59am

So, it looks like Russian separatists in the Ukraine just shot down a Malaysian passenger jet. I clicked through on some pictures of the carnage. Should have taken the "NSFL" warning seriously. I'm actually nauseous.
kenzo

Postby Konanda » Jul 18th, 2014 @ 2:38pm

Hinges on my laptop failed and now the screen is trying to separate from the top frame. :( Might be able to super glue it together although I think I won't be able to close it after that, probably going to just go looking for something new.
Konanda

Postby LiQuid » Jul 18th, 2014 @ 3:34pm

Get a PC noob
LiQuid

Postby Konanda » Jul 18th, 2014 @ 5:21pm

I would like to but I don't really have room for one where I am at the moment.
Konanda

Postby dakazu » Jul 24th, 2014 @ 6:51pm

Got home early today but my ISP shit the bed.
dakazu

Postby LiQuid » Jul 24th, 2014 @ 6:57pm

Sounds like a load of bullshit.
LiQuid

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics