Wherein we discuss tabletop RPGs, board games, anime, books, music, technology, and stupid Internet fads.

Re: Complain about shit that sucks

Postby kenzo » Jul 24th, 2014 @ 7:17pm

dakazu wrote:Got home early today but my ISP shit the bed.
I dunno why you continue to trust dolphins to relay your internet. As a Japanese man, you're forgetting a time-honored tradition of ours:
kenzo

Postby totoro » Aug 20th, 2014 @ 9:16am

I realize this is a total first-world-problem, but I'm pissed as hell about it.

So, I cancelled my plans to go to PAX Prime this year because I'm involved in a situation that will require my presence. At my new job (that I've had for almost 2.5 years now) I have 2 weeks of vacation. I'm working on a decently sized project that has dominated most of my year along with 2 co-workers. I thought that I would be an good, upstanding adult to cancel my vacation plans and spend that time away from work on the upcoming thing that I need to take care of. Today I find out that my date has been pushed back out of October and likely out of 2014 so it would seem that I cancelled the one vacation that I like to take for something that isn't going to happen and may potentially have and effect on the same plans next year. PAX Prime is next week so there's no shot at legit badges, no chance of getting a hotel anywhere near downtown, and no shot at being able to book a flight so going ahead and taking the trip anyway is out of the question.

EDIT: changed some wording to make the whole thing more ambiguous in the event that those involved in my situation might see this and take it the wrong way.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0559-6917-7116
totoro

Postby LiQuid » Aug 20th, 2014 @ 11:22am

There's like ten paxes now nigga just go to a different one.
LiQuid

Postby Rodney » Aug 20th, 2014 @ 1:13pm

Yeah, there is one. It's in Toronto. It's called FanExpo. It's the same weekend. All your favourite Canadians will be there like Rodney, Jen and Konanda.

http://fanexpocanada.com/

Also, Guests:

Rodney

Postby LiQuid » Aug 20th, 2014 @ 1:18pm

What the fuck is Lights doing going to a nerdcon???
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Aug 20th, 2014 @ 2:45pm

Cat nearly died last night. Came into my room and kinda listlessly flopped on the ground making a bunch of sad/distressed moans. Not fun to deal with in the middle of a dota match (which was why I was like "guys, I might have to abandon the game at any moment.") Took the cat to an emergency vet in the middle of the night, spent a lot of money, slept very little, but it sounds like she'll be OK. Turns out she had intestinal blockages that were so severe she was throwing up nonstop and losing scary amounts of water and electrolytes. Literally almost died of hard craps. I'll never look at this game the same way again:
Spoiler: show
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Aug 20th, 2014 @ 3:11pm

That happened to my old bunny rabbit a couple years ago. Stopped shitting/eating/drinking for like a week and scared the hell outta me. Lotta vet bills to tell me she was constipated. Glad your cat's alright but man fuck vet bills.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Aug 20th, 2014 @ 3:20pm

I'm so poor now. Pretty worth though, this cat is a baller.
kenzo

Postby Konanda » Aug 21st, 2014 @ 6:34am

LiQuid wrote:What the fuck is Lights doing going to a nerdcon???

Spoilers, she's a self admitted nerd, like several of her tattoos are from WoW for instance.

Also they are doing a listening party for her new album Little Machines which is out next month, complete with a meet and greet/ photo op with fans thing afterwards Its a separate ticket to the event itself, debated getting one but I think I might just try to get tickets to one of the tour dates for the new album instead. I mean I'm a fan of Lights but not enough to pay like 140 dollars extra for a listening party/autograph session/swag
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby SynysterBear » Aug 21st, 2014 @ 10:06am

Ya'know what sucks. Irish public transport. Fecking hell.
Kenzo is a tumblrina.

http://i.imgur.com/Hc86Cdi.jpg
SynysterBear

Postby kenzo » Aug 21st, 2014 @ 2:31pm

Cat has pancreatitis. Hopefully we caught it early enough and can treat/cure it so it isn't a chronic issue or results in organ failure. But like, this shit sucks super bad.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Aug 21st, 2014 @ 3:12pm

Damn that sucks, get well soon kitty!

LiQuid

Postby Konanda » Aug 22nd, 2014 @ 7:13am

Why is it that South Africans are the most arrogant and toxic individuals to work with? Is it some superiority complex left over from apartheid or something, or have I just had the misfortune of having worked with 3 horrible individuals from this nationality in my relatively short working life? I like to believe its just these individuals have been awful and a whole correlation does not equal causation thing but their attitudes appear so codified into their personality that I unfortunately find myself pondering this question.

The current individual I have the displeasure of being my coworker tops the heap with being arrogant, rude, condescending, ignorant and vindictive. I guess she is going through the aftershocks of a messy divorce but that can only account for so much and really is an issue she should leave at home and not let bleed into the workplace.

Oh well, I think I need to move on to somewhere else, ~3 months should be sufficient time for allowing her and the 4 other new people to figure out what to do. Planned to leave this organization earlier in the year but then felt bad/awkward about leaving my Project Managers and Program Manager high and dry when they were in a time of desperate need for help, due to increased demand by the customer for our division. (and our department/program in particular)
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby darfox8 » Aug 22nd, 2014 @ 11:33am

If you can, just leave. I've been in similar situations being the only "competent" person there but not giving me the chance to really train someone. So basically just hoping that they'd get my mojo by osmosis. To be clear I was barely competent but I tried which I think was the big difference.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby LiQuid » Aug 22nd, 2014 @ 7:24pm

I mean, I'm not shocked since I got one of the cheapest TV's available, but I really don't like the picture quality on this new one and I can't figure out a way to configure the settings to make it good. It's very dark, dull and washed out no matter what I do.
LiQuid

Postby Rodney » Aug 23rd, 2014 @ 10:35am

LiQuid wrote:I mean, I'm not shocked since I got one of the cheapest TV's available, but I really don't like the picture quality on this new one and I can't figure out a way to configure the settings to make it good. It's very dark, dull and washed out no matter what I do.

I don't mean to rain on your parade here, buddy, but... I don't think any amount of tweaking is going to make it much better.

Rodney

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 24th, 2014 @ 7:27pm

Can you do an interview with Ted Rami or John Saxton for /alltalk?
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Sep 6th, 2014 @ 5:56pm

Man fuck beer.
LiQuid

Postby KindGalaxy » Sep 7th, 2014 @ 11:33pm

Beer pee pants.
Never start a beef with a butcher
KindGalaxy

Postby kenzo » Sep 12th, 2014 @ 10:13pm

Wow. I think my pc just died.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Sep 12th, 2014 @ 10:51pm

LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Sep 12th, 2014 @ 11:56pm

Got things working again because I'm not a shitter. Now if only my fucking right hand would work like normal and we could doto again... :evil:
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Sep 20th, 2014 @ 10:31am

The Badger game this week is being casted by a woman. I don't know if that's been happening for a long time but it's the first time I've personally seen it. I'm trying to find information on the internet about ladies that cast sportsballgames at the college and pro levels but every combination of search terms I try ends up linking to a bunch of bullshit fluff articles about the "hottest female sportscasters" in reference to the various sideline ladies featured in the NFL. Fucking internet.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Sep 25th, 2014 @ 3:51am

I just killed a spider in my house so big I feel like I should have gotten enough exp to level up off that motherfucker. Huge, meaty, brown body and about a 2 inch legspan. Fucking nasty son of a bitch. The worst part is I discovered it due to the fact that it was actively climbing up my fucking arm... I freaked the fuck out and swatted it to the ground. I lost sight of it and he would have gotten away if my cat wasn't such a fucking cold blooded killer.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Sep 25th, 2014 @ 1:41pm

Not sure if it's new keyboard related or not but I've been experiencing carpal tunnel pain in my WASD hand all day. I think I've been playing too much Firefall.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Sep 25th, 2014 @ 2:05pm

Mechanical keyboards are the worst dude. Some day you'll see the light.
kenzo

Postby CrossXhunteR » Oct 10th, 2014 @ 8:53pm

Dog ate some diaper cream and has thrown up quite a bit already. She vomited on my bed, so now I am sleeping on the couch with her laying on a washable liner.
CrossXhunteR

Postby dakazu » Oct 13th, 2014 @ 9:03pm

Took the dog to the vet cause I thought she had a bad UTI. Turns out she has Bladder Cancer.
dakazu

Postby LiQuid » Oct 13th, 2014 @ 9:04pm

Dog :(
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Oct 13th, 2014 @ 9:17pm

Super crummy bro.
kenzo

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics