Wherein we discuss tabletop RPGs, board games, anime, books, music, technology, and stupid Internet fads.

Re: ITT: we talk about whatever in here

Postby kenzo » Mar 18th, 2016 @ 5:02am

I have a wedding to attend to in a few hours. And again, for the same couple, a day after that.

The soon-to-be newlyweds are a mixed couple. They're having two separate ceremonies, one in the traditions of the bride's family (from Northern India), and a much more American ceremony for the Groom's side.

I don't really like this setup. Weddings are already inordinately wasteful, and a historically a demonstrable economic drag on pretty much all people involved. To have two separate ceremonies is doubling the waste.

And to have them segregated like this culturally, also feels wrong too, for complicated reasons that I would never actually feel comfortable discussing with any of my friends or the bridal party (the side I'm friends with) since I'm not about telling my friends how they should live their lives. But it just feels like the couple is putting their own cultures above themselves and their union, and also trying to keep their separate cultural backgrounds distinct and separate. And as a kid coming from and embodying a polyethnic background, that kind of makes me super uncomfortable.

I grew up in a relatively unique circumstance and place in time where polyethnic people like myself were fairly uncommon, and I very seldom came across families that looked like mine. And now they're becoming much more common. And it's just kinda fascinating to see how different people are handling it. And while I don't like telling people how to live their lives, I also can't help but silently judge and disapprove of a lot of what I see. But at the same time, I still have a lot of faith in these people that even if they aren't handling their situation ideally, they'll probably do a good enough job of things and figure out shit as they go.

But even so, it's still intensely weird to me. I see my friends becoming much more open to cross-cultural exchange, and yet still subconsciously very fearful of cultural synthesis and the dilution/change of their cultures in ways I find regrettable and frankly small minded.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Mar 22nd, 2016 @ 5:07pm

According to kenzo, because Steam performs maintenance on Tuesday, sometimes resulting in service outages up to MINUTES in length we should, as a people, come together and stop giving them money. I dunno about you all but I'm on board.
LiQuid

Postby Jenn04 » Mar 23rd, 2016 @ 9:41am

Why stop at Steam? Why not every service that requires maintenance? They should do maintenance outside of PRIME PLAYING TIME! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Jenn04

Postby LiQuid » Mar 23rd, 2016 @ 9:44am

I think we've discovered why kenzo's so attached to this forum. It hasn't been maintained since 2011!
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Apr 26th, 2016 @ 10:09pm

I should have gotten a good phone ages ago they are way more capable than I thought they could be.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » May 1st, 2016 @ 6:18am

Visiting this forum on mobile is a harrowing experience. I wish Ryan Scott cared about this place even a little bit.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » May 1st, 2016 @ 1:10pm

LiQuid wrote:Visiting this forum on mobile is a harrowing experience. I wish Ryan Scott cared about this place even a little bit.
It's pbad. It's a little more managable for me with a >5" screen, but even then, you're hitting the wrong buttons all the time, and doing forum tags for things like images and quotes are god awful.

But remember when this place first opened up, and someone asked for mobile plugins, and we both poo-poo'd the idea? :lol:
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » May 1st, 2016 @ 1:45pm

I still actively don't give a shit, really, since I don't have a great reason to ever want to view the forum away from my PC. It's just astounding the state of disrepair this place is in.
LiQuid

Postby KindGalaxy » May 10th, 2016 @ 5:19am

Never start a beef with a butcher
KindGalaxy

Postby kenzo » Sep 21st, 2016 @ 9:29pm

The banner ad at the top of the forums just served me a non-ironic Donald Trump ad. RIP
kenzo

ITT we talk about whatever in here

Postby exhiptShief » Sep 28th, 2017 @ 7:10am

Has anyone here ever driven a stradale version? There's really very little info on them. But I think they're SO cool

How can we get same services from http://vehhistory.com like the one offered by Carfax? I checked their website and found that they are offering the exact same services without charging any fees.
exhiptShief

„My Music Converter Free Im Mac App Store

Postby BiseeUterse » Nov 1st, 2017 @ 12:43pm

Eine ganze Gruppe der Dateien gleichzeitig umbenennen, so dass neue Namen aus den Teilen der Tags erzeugt werden (Sind Ihre Dateien mit unsinnigen Namen gespeichert? Mit der Musikwiedergabesoftware foobar2000 können auch MP3-Dateien mit APEv2 statt ID3-Tags versehen werden, allerdings kann dies unter Umständen zu Problemen führen, da APE-Tags nicht speziell im Hinblick auf MP3 entworfen wurde. Sollte Ihr MacBook keine WMA-Dateien öffnen können, brauchen Sie nicht nach einem speziellen WMA-Konvertierer für Mac zu suchen - laden Sie nur den multifunktionalen Movavi Audio Converter herunter und transformieren Sie Ihre Musikdateien bequem in ein OS X-kompatibles Format. Sobald Sie additionally umwandlung ape zu mp3 Wondershare Media Converter und iTunes installiert haben, sollte der Umwandlung Ihrer AAX-Hörbücher ins beliebte MP3-Format nichts mehr im Wege stehen. Spielen Sie zum ersten Mal ein Perl-Modul auf diese Weise ein, müssen Sie zuvor zu konfigurieren ( Abbildung 1 ). Das System führt Sie schritt für Schritt durch die notwendigen Abfragen.
Oder Sie bekommen ein Album in APE und wollen seine Größe stark reduzieren, indem Sie APE in OGG Vorbis konvertieren Noch eine weitere Möglichkeit taucht auf, wenn Sie Ihre Audio CD rippen wollen, ape in mp3 um Ihre Lieblingsmusik auf einen tragbaren MP3 Spieler zu kopieren. Verwenden Sie den Kommandozeilen Modus, um eine große Anzahl von Audiodateien auf einmal zu konvertieren oder zu komprimieren.
Sie können mit einer Mediaplayer wie iTunes, Real Player, Winamp oder Windows Media Participant arbeiten, NoteBurner WMA DRM to MP3 Converter als Customary virtuelle Audio Brenner benutzen, dann die DRM geschützte oder ungeschützte Audiodateien in MP3 und mehr konvertieren und auf Medialayer iPod, PSP, iPhone, Zune and so on. Neben dem MP3 Participant Bluetooth-Produktbild sehen sie die wichtigsten Eigenschaften, Bewertungen und den Preis. Sie können den Kopierschutz von Ihren Musik Dateien entfernen und in andere Audiodateien konvertieren.
Dieses Programm kann Ihnen auch helfen, Ihre Dateien mit hoher Geschwindigkeit zu konvertieren.Jetzt downloaden Sie bitte ImTOO Audio Converter Professional, und genießen Sie Ihre Musiken! Any Audio Converter kann zwischen fast allen gängigen Audio- und Videoformaten einschließlich AVI, MPEG, WMV, MOV, MP4, RM, RMVB, ASF, FLV, MP3 , M4A, ape zu mp3 online WMA, WAV, FLAC, OGG, AU, MP2 und AC3 umwandeln. NoteBurner WMA DRM to MP3 Converter installiert ein virtuelle CD-RW, die hilft Ihnen, alle ungeschützte oder DRM geschützte M4P, M4a, WMA Musik Dateien auf die virtuelle CD zu brennen, die Spuren zur virtuelle CD zu rippen, die Spuren zu MP3, WAV, WMA, AAC, OGG oder FLAC Musik Dateien zu kodieren.
BiseeUterse

Convert CDA To MP3 Utilizing ITunes

Postby Cliereurf » Nov 16th, 2017 @ 9:37pm

On Windows eight or Windows eight Pro, whenever you insert a CD disc to the optical driver, you will notice audio tacks are in the extension ofcda with a reputation in the format Observe##.cda. After that, that you must click on the Record” button to begin recording voice easily, then start taking part in your CDA file. The Music Recorder will record the audio observe of the CDA file and then save as MP3 format. The whole course of would only take several minutes.
Normally, Audio CDs will contain music in uncompressed type, and they can be played on the CD participant and Computer. If we open an audio CD in our pc convert cda to mp3, we will find outcda extension which is a file extension in Microsoft Windows to indicate the Audio Tracks on the Audio CD.
Since that you just wish to convert CDA file to MP3 file, and then you may have to set the exported files as MP3 file format freely. The Profile” panel may very well be viewed where you might cda2mp3 choose MP3 audio file beneath the Frequent Audio” sub-tab under the Format” menu. The step could be very needed and necessary.
- Batch processing of a number of audio and video files for conversion. Half 4. Convert CDA to MP3 with Leawo Music Recorder. The CDA to MP3 Converter Any Audio Converter is totally freed from cost to tear yourcda files to mp3 format. one hundred% Free and Authorized.
When accomplished will find the folder of MP3 recordsdata within the location noted in step 6. CDA is a file extension for a CD Audio shortcut file format. Utilized by Microsoft Windows to discuss with audio tracks on a CD, a CDA file would not comprise audio however is solely a shortcut to the tracks on an audio disc.
Cliereurf

Previous
Forum Statistics