Wherein we discuss tabletop RPGs, board games, anime, books, music, technology, and stupid Internet fads.

Re: The official "Japan Sucks" thread!

Postby kenzo » Apr 4th, 2012 @ 2:21pm

You're not saying anything of substance. If all you wanted to know was where I was coming from, then you should have been able to figure that out by inference through everything I've written up until now. The matter of the fact is, you started out by halfway condescendingly questioning my rationale and my grounds for making a statement, then providing an example of how I could be wrong. I proved your notions false, instead you've back peddled into arguing about semantics. You're being annoying. Cut it out.
kenzo

Postby Konanda » Apr 4th, 2012 @ 8:23pm

kenzo wrote:You're not saying anything of substance. If all you wanted to know was where I was coming from, then you should have been able to figure that out by inference through everything I've written up until now.

Forgive me for not being able to decipher where you are coming from with all of your opinions. As for the rest of what you wrote you are reading way too much into my intial curiosity and clarification of that curiosity, that is not what I was doing or intending to do at all.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby lemon-fresh » Apr 5th, 2012 @ 9:36am

So how long will this whole 'super argument man' shtick kenzo has got goin on gonna last?
lemon-fresh

Postby LiQuid » Apr 5th, 2012 @ 11:01am

The Geekbox forum wouldn't be the Geekbox forum without a Grumpy Azn.
LiQuid

Postby lemon-fresh » Apr 5th, 2012 @ 1:32pm

truth
lemon-fresh

Postby LiQuid » May 9th, 2012 @ 6:21am

Kiss me, beneath the milky twilight! Image

LiQuid

Postby kenzo » May 9th, 2012 @ 9:33am

This is the game that Mr_eX and Raansuck wants all of us to take seriously! "It's not just about boobs, it has deep mechanics too." :lol:
kenzo

Postby darfox8 » May 9th, 2012 @ 10:35am

That's some good shit. i don't see why it's not just a joke(kinda pervy joke).
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby Raansu » May 9th, 2012 @ 10:43am

kenzo wrote:This is the game that Mr_eX and Raansuck wants all of us to take seriously! "It's not just about boobs, it has deep mechanics too." :lol:

Ya because no other fighting game or video game in general has never used sex appeal before. Just do us all a favor Kezno and jump off a bridge.
360: Xx Raansu xX
PSN: Raansu
Steam: Raansu
Origin: Raansu86
3DS: 5198-2410-1827
Raansu

Postby SerpentineZERO » May 9th, 2012 @ 11:02am

Man, it seems like everyone is vying to fill jinpei's void.
SerpentineZERO

Postby kenzo » May 9th, 2012 @ 11:08am

Raansu wrote:
kenzo wrote:This is the game that Mr_eX and Raansuck wants all of us to take seriously! "It's not just about boobs, it has deep mechanics too." :lol:
Ya because no other fighting game or video game in general has never used sex appeal before. Just do us all a favor Kezno and jump off a bridge.
You forgot the part where I'm a fag or a loser or a faggy loser.

I just want to point out how hilarious it is to me that: even though you've been largely inactive in these parts of the interwebs for weeks, in about an hour of being called out within the bowels of this random thread you've swooped down offer some classic Raansuck. :lol:
kenzo

Postby Raansu » May 9th, 2012 @ 11:24am

kenzo wrote:
Raansu wrote:
You forgot the part where I'm a fag or a loser or a faggy loser.

I just want to point out how hilarious it is to me that: even though you've been largely inactive in these parts of the interwebs for weeks, in about an hour of being called out within the bowels of this random thread you've swooped down offer some classic Raansuck. :lol:

Boredom is a wonderful thing, and its not hard to see new posts on a dead site. Why are you still posting anyways? Shouldn't you be saving us some trouble and be jumping off a bridge right now? Your ignorance and constant pretending of knowing what you are talking about is not welcome in this world. I would gladly push you, but ya know, laws and all make it illegal.
Raansu

Postby kenzo » May 9th, 2012 @ 11:31am

TL;DR:
Raansu wrote:Image
kenzo

Postby Raansu » May 9th, 2012 @ 11:37am

kenzo wrote:TL;DR:
Raansu wrote:Image

Oh look, Kenzo trying to be cute again.
Raansu

Postby flufflogic » May 9th, 2012 @ 2:13pm

DOA4 was fucking awful, unbalanced shit. Like DOA3. The first 2 were great though.
flufflogic

Postby LiQuid » May 9th, 2012 @ 2:26pm

"Raansuck" is sogood.gif
LiQuid

Postby Raansu » May 9th, 2012 @ 2:28pm

flufflogic wrote:DOA4 was fucking awful, unbalanced shit. Like DOA3. The first 2 were great though.

DoA3.1 is considered the best and most competitive version in the entire series by the community. Maybe you should learn how to play the games before you open your trap?
Raansu

Postby Konanda » May 9th, 2012 @ 3:02pm

Raansu you should find a new image host, your current avatar is 504'ing.
Konanda

Postby Raansu » May 9th, 2012 @ 4:41pm

Konanda wrote:Raansu you should find a new image host, your current avatar is 504'ing.

I could really care less. I visit this site like once in a blue moon now to annoy kenzo.
Raansu

Postby kenzo » May 9th, 2012 @ 4:48pm

Raansu wrote:
Konanda wrote:Raansu you should find a new image host, your current avatar is 504'ing.
I could really care less. I visit this site like once in a blue moon now to annoy kenzo.
And yet timely/efficently swoops in as soon as you're mentioned. :lol: That you have to mention that you don't care, and go out of your way to make a post about how much you don't care, betrays the truth that you really do. That you admit to even coming here in the first place in order to harass and denigrate complete strangers half the world away because they have opinions that are different from yours shows how much you care and how empty the void is in your life.
kenzo

Postby Raansu » May 9th, 2012 @ 5:55pm

kenzo wrote:
Raansu wrote:
And yet timely/efficently swoops in as soon as you're mentioned. :lol: That you have to mention that you don't care, and go out of your way to make a post about how much you don't care, betrays the truth that you really do. That you admit to even coming here in the first place in order to harass and denigrate complete strangers half the world away because they have opinions that are different from yours shows how much you care and how empty the void is in your life.

Whatever helps you sleep at night :roll: Please do keep acting like you know what you are talking about though. It's quite entertaining.
Raansu

Postby LiQuid » May 14th, 2012 @ 12:10am

Try and guess what country this is from without looking at this thread's title:

LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Jul 8th, 2012 @ 12:34am

kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Sep 1st, 2012 @ 7:10pm

This thread wasn't even on the 2nd page? This forum is dead.

LiQuid

Postby Konanda » Sep 7th, 2012 @ 10:29am

Konanda

Postby LiQuid » Oct 7th, 2012 @ 3:47am

Holy shit :lol:

LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Oct 7th, 2012 @ 4:02am

LiQuid wrote:Holy shit :lol:
:lol: This song is so bad, but after playing the game a lot it reaches back around into "so bad it's good" territory. That might just be Stockholm Syndrome talking, but whatevs. That song is better than the Japanese version:

Also, this game is fuckin' fantastic. Easily the most baller-shit I've played in the last year. There's nothing like grabbing onto a fuckin' griffin by it's mane, and wailing away at it with a dagger to its throat while it takes off and tries to escape, and then killing it in mid-air and riding its tail-spinning carcass back down to earth. It lets you actually do the badass shit other shitty games lock away behind QTE events. But this is all just preaching to deaf ears. Oh wells.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Oct 7th, 2012 @ 5:28am

Looks pretty good actually.

1. How is the limited/no fast travel thing? Lotta people bitch about that but I figure it's just coddled, entitled gamers bitching about bullshit.
2. Are there spears/polearms of any kind? I didn't see any during the quick look.
3. Magic classes any fun to play? That would be what I did if there were no spears.

The endlessly respawning enemies is normally fine, but the fact that it's always in the same place and the encounters are always exactly the same sounds real bad. Also the areas they traveled to in the QL didn't look very open. Lot of linear paths and canyons and shit.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Oct 7th, 2012 @ 9:28pm

1. It was never an issue with me. Early on you get access to one-time use stones that teleport you back to the central hub-city, so you can cut out most of the annoying backtracking with that. The fast-travel system is there, but mostly reserved for your second play through. But it's not super-necessary because there are all kinds of stamina-items that basically let you sprint for forever - and sprinting drastically lets you cut down on travel-times and lets you easily outrun most baddies. So yeah, coddled-babies stuff.

2. No spears or polearms unfortunately. There's basically five classes of weapons: daggers, 1h-swords (that you can couple with shields), 2h-swords, bow & arrows, and staves. There's some variations on those (like gigantic magic-shields, hammers/clubs, or magic-bows that shoot magic arrows) but that's it. It's a little disappointing that there's no spears or other weapon types (morning stars would have been sick) but most of these are fun to play, so it's not a big deal and you shouldn't miss it.

3. Magic is tricky. It's really powerful if you do it right and spec your character well. I've made/used characters where a high-level lightning spell kills the final boss in a few hits. But magic spells take time to charge, so you've gotta be strategic by keeping out of harms way, having good stamina regen, and adjusting your pawn's behavior tendencies so that they protect you all the time. Magic in general is a lot less engaging versus swords, daggers, and bow & arrows, and physical combat is one of the biggest strengths of this game, so I'd go with those routes. There are however hybrid classes so that you can wield magic and bow & arrows, or magic & 2h-swords, so that might be worth looking into. But my favorite class is the Assassin - because they deal the highest DPS, are nimble, and their frenetic attacks make combat a lot of fun.

4. The world is a huge place, and there's lots of vast, open areas you can explore. But it's not like Skyrim where you can go *everywhere*. There are a number of huge wide open zones that are mostly blocked off from each other and connected by mountain roads or canyons. The world maps aren't that linear, but the dungeons kind of are. Enemies respawn, but it's not like an instant thing where you turn around and they're back - it usually takes you zoning out for them to respawn. Enemy placements are usually all the same, but you're not going to notice that much since you won't do that much since you don't do a lot of backtracking until the end of the game/post game.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Oct 8th, 2012 @ 2:45pm

This is actually the name of a video game from Japan...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bravely_De ... ying_Fairy
LiQuid

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics