Wherein we discuss tabletop RPGs, board games, anime, books, music, technology, and stupid Internet fads.

Re: The official "Japan Sucks" thread!

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 7th, 2011 @ 1:23pm

LiQuid wrote:
jinpei05 wrote:Yes, this is what it means to get a rise out of someone.

Who cares if it's "getting a rise out of someone?" I know when I say stuff like "fuck kenzo in his Japan loving ass" that he's not going to come in here and go off on a Jinesque rampage about how big of an asshole I am. I know he's going to come in here and get into a ridiculous debate about how America is fat and racist. These are the constants in life and I wouldn't have them any other way. I dunno how you can say I'm one upping myself constantly when by now we're all just going through the same motions. I'm going to talk bullshit and not give a fuck, kenzo's going to have opinions that no rational person would find viable, you're going to piss and moan a lot, and Konanda is going to type until someone pays attention to him, god damn it.

Exactly. This is who you are. You make inane and pissant threads or statements that someone will react to in some way. I'm not going to "piss and moan a lot" anymore, because expecting you to actually be something more than just a forum clown is like expecting a devout rabbi to eat pork tenderloin: that shit ain't ever gonna happen.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Aug 7th, 2011 @ 1:29pm

LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Aug 7th, 2011 @ 1:32pm

jinpei05 wrote:Hey, kenzo, racism is not exclusively American, nor did it originate from America.

Also, this thread is awful.
I agree on all accounts, but the American breed of racism and slavery were unique products.

And yes, there are fat kids everywhere. But America is by far the fattest.
kenzo

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 7th, 2011 @ 1:36pm

LiQuid wrote:Image

Thanks for proving me right.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Aug 7th, 2011 @ 1:50pm

kenzo wrote:
jinpei05 wrote:Hey, kenzo, racism is not exclusively American, nor did it originate from America.

Also, this thread is awful.
I agree on all accounts, but the American breed of racism and slavery were unique products.

And yes, there are fat kids everywhere. But America is by far the fattest.

I saw a chart somewhere that said Malta was worse, but I'm not going to bother digging it up since it was only marginally worse than USA.

And USA didn't exactly pioneer slavery or anything. You need to watch more sword and sandal pictures. Europe's been all about slaves for freaking ever.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Aug 7th, 2011 @ 2:53pm

LiQuid wrote:And USA didn't exactly pioneer slavery or anything. You need to watch more sword and sandal pictures. Europe's been all about slaves for freaking ever.
That's true. But slavery in Europe and elsewhere was an economic activity as much as anything else. Slavery as an institution wasn't necessarily a mark for life, nor were you completely stripped of rights or wages. And Europe had a long history of capturing white slaves from Eastern Europe, or forcing their own people to be slaves because of crimes, or a payment of debt - Old Europeans were equal opportunists when it came to taking slaves.

American slavery however was a unique institution because of the extreme racial element it had. Slavery became an institution that systematically and categorically stripped people of their humanity. You no longer became a slave, you were born a slave by merit of your ancestry. And only Americans rationalized it with faulty eugenics - black people were inherently inferior, inherently aggressive, inherently incapable of rational thought, etc. And even in other places where slaves were mostly black like South America, the issue of race wasn't as exacerbated as it was in the States. Sure people were racist in places like Brazil, but that racism was tempered by a gradient scale and simple population numbers. People of color far out-numbered white people, to the degree that crossbreeding and the elevation of black people to high positions in life was a necessity - and the lighter your skin color, the higher your social standing. This is compared to the extreme form of racism in America where if you had *any* black ancestry, no matter how little, you were categorized as black and your basic human rights were negated.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Aug 7th, 2011 @ 2:58pm

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Aug 7th, 2011 @ 4:13pm

LiQuid wrote:ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
That sounds about right.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Aug 7th, 2011 @ 4:59pm

No, seriously. I had just pulled my blanket out of the dryer and it was calling me for nap time. I have no clue how I even managed to get all those Z's out.
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 7th, 2011 @ 5:04pm

We've gone sideways. C'mon, LiQuid. Pull some more anti-Japanese sentiment out of your ass.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Aug 7th, 2011 @ 5:18pm

This thread isn't as much about anti-Japanese sentiment as it is about proof that Japan is fucking stupid. I thought we established this in the first couple pages. If there were any country on earth as provably awful as Japan, I'd be all for starting a thread and posting evidence there as well. In fact, I think an official "America Sucks" thread could be quite successful. Kenzo, why don't you spearhead that one?
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Aug 7th, 2011 @ 5:29pm

LiQuid wrote:This thread isn't as much about anti-Japanese sentiment as it is about proof that Japan is fucking stupid. I thought we established this in the first couple pages. If there were any country on earth as provably awful as Japan, I'd be all for starting a thread and posting evidence there as well. In fact, I think an official "America Sucks" thread could be quite successful. Kenzo, why don't you spearhead that one?
There are plenty of countries out there that have much worse shit happen and created there all the time. They're just not as visible to you.

I'd start a thread like that, but I'm just not a hateful person.
kenzo

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 7th, 2011 @ 5:30pm

LiQuid wrote:This thread isn't as much about anti-Japanese sentiment as it is about proof that Japan is fucking stupid. I thought we established this in the first couple pages.

Please explain how a thread dedicated to how awful and "fucking stupid" Japan is cannot be considered anti-Japanese. :lol:
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Aug 7th, 2011 @ 5:36pm

Cause evidence is being provided as proof. Are you just playing dumb, or do you still really think this is some racist agenda? Do you think wtfjapanseriously.com is anti-Japan? Cause I don't. It's just a collection of stupid shit from Japan, just like this thread.

Also, you're still here even though you hate this thread. I don't get it man, just give it up. You're being a bigger troll in this thread than I have ever been anywhere on the entire internet.
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 7th, 2011 @ 5:49pm

LiQuid wrote:Cause evidence is being provided as proof. Are you just playing dumb, or do you still really think this is some racist agenda? Do you think wtfjapanseriously.com is anti-Japan? Cause I don't. It's just a collection of stupid shit from Japan, just like this thread.

I never said racist, but words like "awful" and "fucking stupid" don't exactly scream pro-Japan sentiment.
LiQuid wrote:Also, you're still here even though you hate this thread. I don't get it man, just give it up. You're being a bigger troll in this thread than I have ever been anywhere on the entire internet.

Like I said before, your schtick doesn't bother me. I'm not trolling, I just like seeing you flaunt your ignorance about a country you've never been to and I was trying to get this thread back on that track. It's hilarious. :lol:
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Aug 7th, 2011 @ 5:53pm

How is it ignorant to show a picture or video with something stupid in it and then make a comment to the effect of "that is stupid?" If I were posting videos of totally radical shit and saying it was stupid then I could see where you're coming from. I think you're the one that's being ignorant. Also a bit of a crybaby.
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 7th, 2011 @ 6:02pm

LiQuid wrote:How is it ignorant to show a picture or video with something stupid in it and then make a comment to the effect of "that is stupid?" If I were posting videos of totally radical shit and saying it was stupid then I could see where you're coming from. I think you're the one that's being ignorant. Also a bit of a crybaby.
Of course you do! And it's so great that you believe that!

What makes this statement even more hilarious is this quote from the Planet of the Apes thread:
LiQuid wrote:Furthermore, fact of the matter is you think it looks good and I think it looks bad and I'd be willing to make a wager that in the end we're both right.

Clearly, you grasp the concept of different strokes for different folks, yet when it comes to things from Japan, it's all stupid shit.

Seriously, though, get us back on track with some fucking stupid shit about Japan. Maybe some Hard Gay videos! Here, I'll get you started...

Last edited by jinpei05 on Aug 7th, 2011 @ 6:08pm, edited 1 time in total.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Aug 7th, 2011 @ 6:06pm

Hard Gay is great. Why are you such a homophobe?
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 7th, 2011 @ 6:09pm

LiQuid wrote:Hard Gay is great. Why are you such a homophobe?

Who said I was a homophobe? It's from Japan, it's different from anything in the US, and therefore, it sucks. Isn't this how you do it?
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Aug 7th, 2011 @ 6:14pm

jinpei05 wrote:

Who said I was a homophobe?

Well Hard Gay isn't exactly painting homosexuals in a positive light, so I ultimately decided that you must be anti-homosexual by posting it.
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 7th, 2011 @ 6:17pm

LiQuid wrote:
jinpei05 wrote:

Who said I was a homophobe?

Well Hard Gay isn't exactly painting homosexuals in a positive light, so I ultimately decided that you must be anti-homosexual by posting it.

Not at all. I was simply following your example of finding things in Japan that are vastly different from anything in the US and are therefore proof of how much Japan sucks.

Incidentally, why do find things that paint homosexuals in a negative light great? Wouldn't that make YOU the homophobe?
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby Konanda » Aug 7th, 2011 @ 6:38pm

^
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 7th, 2011 @ 6:44pm

You should've posted this pic like five months ago, Ko. :lol:
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby Konanda » Aug 7th, 2011 @ 6:45pm

jinpei05 wrote:You should've posted this pic like five months ago, Ko. :lol:

I know, but I just discovered it recently while looking at images from the internet.
Konanda

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 7th, 2011 @ 6:49pm

Well, better late than never. Glad this made it in this thread. Nice work.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby Konanda » Aug 7th, 2011 @ 6:50pm

jinpei05 wrote:Well, better late than never. Glad this made it in this thread. Nice work.

Thanks! :D

Also looking back you are totally right, this would have fit much better like 7 pages ago when kenzo decided to make the entire thread about race.
Konanda

Postby kenzo » Aug 7th, 2011 @ 9:26pm

Konanda wrote:Also looking back you are totally right, this would have fit much better like 7 pages ago when kenzo decided to make the entire thread about race.
Pretty sure this thread was about race from the first post, but okay. :lol:
kenzo

Postby Konanda » Aug 7th, 2011 @ 9:43pm

kenzo wrote:
Konanda wrote:Also looking back you are totally right, this would have fit much better like 7 pages ago when kenzo decided to make the entire thread about race.
Pretty sure this thread was about race from the first post, but okay. :lol:

Actually my understanding from the beginning, which was later confirmed by Liquid early on is that this thread was originally intended to be about all the crazy stuff from Japan. It just so happens Liquid does not like this stuff so he decided to call it the "Japan Sucks" thread to illustrate his disdain for it. It wasn't really until you and to a smaller extent jinpei started turning it into Liquid actively hating the Japanese people for being Japanese instead of hating/mocking a lot of the stuff that he seems to think are key to their culture's identity that it really became about race. Turning it from here's some funny and weird stuff thread to let's have a heated discussion about racism. Than it dropped off but was eventually revived and now I'm not really sure what this thread is about anymore.

Currently it just seems like another thread for jinpei and Liquid to mutually metally jerk each other off like some kind of yaoi fanfic that Brose wrote. All the while your standing there watching saying "Let's have a rational discussion about this" meanwhile I'm taking video sometimes saying "ya now spin around. Oh, nice", eventually probably KG will come and watch the video while getting jerked off by some chick he picked up from the bar that's half Korean. 8-)
Konanda

Postby LiQuid » Aug 8th, 2011 @ 2:53am

Ok, this doesn't suck, but I would really like PSY-S a lot more if the vocals didn't make all their songs sound like anime OPs.

Such a bummer, cause the music itself is rad as fuck.
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 8th, 2011 @ 6:44am

Konanda wrote:Currently it just seems like another thread for jinpei and Liquid to mutually metally jerk each other off like some kind of yaoi fanfic that Brose wrote. All the while your standing there watching saying "Let's have a rational discussion about this" meanwhile I'm taking video sometimes saying "ya now spin around. Oh, nice", eventually probably KG will come and watch the video while getting jerked off by some chick he picked up from the bar that's half Korean. 8-)

Metally jerking each other off, huh? Man, that yaoi fanfic you read is pretty freaky, Ko, but whatever gets you off. Who am I to judge?

Anyway, good to see this thread is back on track. Keep it up, LiQuid!
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics