Wherein we discuss tabletop RPGs, board games, anime, books, music, technology, and stupid Internet fads.

Re: The official "Japan Sucks" thread!

Postby LiQuid » Aug 30th, 2011 @ 10:18pm

Haha, ok Raansu, you're right it's so stupid to find it ridiculous that a company is mandating haircuts for it's employees cause that happens all the time. I get it. How could I be so stupid? :(
LiQuid

Postby Raansu » Aug 30th, 2011 @ 10:54pm

LiQuid wrote:Haha, ok Raansu, you're right it's so stupid to find it ridiculous that a company is mandating haircuts for it's employees cause that happens all the time. I get it. How could I be so stupid? :(

It's not uncommon for business to have dress codes, and its really not that big of a deal. I know a lot of places that will not hire a male that has long hair, and a lot of places do not allow you to have a beard/mustache. At least this Japanese company has legitimate reasons for their dress code. Get off your high horse and stop being stupid.
360: Xx Raansu xX
PSN: Raansu
Steam: Raansu
Origin: Raansu86
3DS: 5198-2410-1827
Raansu

Postby LiQuid » Aug 30th, 2011 @ 11:40pm

"Dress code" is a typical standard that involves things such as "no neo nazi tattoos on your face" or "no Elmer's and egg white mohawks in the office" not that you're confined to a single, homogeneous haircut.
LiQuid

Postby Raansu » Aug 30th, 2011 @ 11:54pm

Still not that big of a deal.
Raansu

Postby kenzo » Aug 31st, 2011 @ 12:01am

LiQuid wrote:"Dress code" is a typical standard that involves things such as "no neo nazi tattoos on your face" or "no Elmer's and egg white mohawks in the office" not that you're confined to a single, homogeneous haircut.
kenzo wrote:Image
Fuck the army, those guys are Nazis!

Being totally honest here, it's a silly policy. But what's more stupid - a questionable but inventive policy that aims to help tackle a very real and pressing social/economical issue in a country, or a xenophobic idiot spamming fake outrage all across an internet message board, all because of a non-issue occurring on the other side of the world that he doesn't even know the context to, or have the entire picture of? Hint: the answer is the latter.

Also, I'd like to point out how LiQuid completely misrepresented the issue and even the article he quoted. Nowhere does it say staffers will be fired if they don't comply. But hey, it's easier to argue against strawmen, right? :roll:
kenzo

Postby Raansu » Aug 31st, 2011 @ 12:12am

Thats a Marine Kenzo =P
Raansu

Postby LiQuid » Aug 31st, 2011 @ 1:06am

1. Kenzo your picture isn't working for me.

2. If it is in fact a military man of some kind, I'm sure there's a more practical, utilitarian reason for the standard buzz cut that isn't a hilariously misguided attempt to reduce energy use due to blow drying.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Aug 31st, 2011 @ 1:13am

kenzo wrote:a xenophobic idiot spamming fake outrage all across an internet message board, all because of a non-issue occurring on the other side of the world that he doesn't even know the context to, or have the entire picture of? Hint: the answer is the latter.

See this is where you dumb shits keep fucking up. You think I'm actually sitting at my computer right now red faced and pounding on a keyboard because I can't believe a Japanese company would have the nerve to do something so egregious? Dude, I saw a stupid internet article about something stupid that was happening in Japan and posted it here as a joke. I don't give two shits or a fuck what goes on over there and I'm not being xenophobic, I'm just picking on a culture that for all intents and purposes totally deserves it. The same exact fucking way that whenever some stinky European asshole conjures up the ATV-riding, flag-waving, gun-toting, redneck-ass American. You and Jinpei and probably Raansu all need to get your heads out of your asses thinking that I'm trying to demean or repress your stupid fucking oriental peoples. I'm just making jokes here. Is it all the vulgarity? I say fuck or shit in nearly every god damn post I make on here and I'm starting to think that after all these years you fuckers still take it as a sign of anger when I just fucking love to swear and think people that don't are pussy ass bitches.

Furthermore, KG actually made a legitimately fucking offensive comment by saying that all Japanese people look alike and nobody gives him shit about it but LiQuid has a beef with retarded haircut policy and he's the xenophobe and the big stupid head!!!
LiQuid

Postby Konanda » Aug 31st, 2011 @ 1:22am

kenzo wrote:
LiQuid wrote:"Dress code" is a typical standard that involves things such as "no neo nazi tattoos on your face" or "no Elmer's and egg white mohawks in the office" not that you're confined to a single, homogeneous haircut.
kenzo wrote:Image
Fuck the army, those guys are Nazis!

Being totally honest here, it's a silly policy. But what's more stupid - a questionable but inventive policy that aims to help tackle a very real and pressing social/economical issue in a country, or a xenophobic idiot spamming fake outrage all across an internet message board, all because of a non-issue occurring on the other side of the world that he doesn't even know the context to, or have the entire picture of? Hint: the answer is the latter.

Also, I'd like to point out how LiQuid completely misrepresented the issue and even the article he quoted. Nowhere does it say staffers will be fired if they don't comply. But hey, it's easier to argue against strawmen, right? :roll:

Actually kenzo, I'm going to say the third option of man spamming fake outrage at what he believes is fake outrage is the really stupid shit going on currently.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby LiQuid » Aug 31st, 2011 @ 1:39am

Shit's getting meta as fuck.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Aug 31st, 2011 @ 8:07am

LiQuid wrote:You think I'm actually sitting at my computer right now red faced and pounding on a keyboard because I can't believe a Japanese company would have the nerve to do something so egregious?
Which is where the FAKE part of "fake outrage" comes from. Dear lord, I thought you were less dense than this. :roll:

LiQuid wrote:Furthermore, KG actually made a legitimately fucking offensive comment by saying that all Japanese people look alike and nobody gives him shit about it but LiQuid has a beef with retarded haircut policy and he's the xenophobe and the big stupid head!!!
You really should play TF2 with us. KG has earned some slack and understanding because we hear him every week LOL and giggle the same jokes while playing on the server. Whereas there's no face or voice to balance out your relentless rage-trolling.
kenzo

Postby kenzo » Aug 31st, 2011 @ 9:15am

Konanda wrote:Actually kenzo, I'm going to say the third option of man spamming fake outrage at what he believes is fake outrage is the really stupid shit going on currently.
kenzo

Postby Konanda » Aug 31st, 2011 @ 10:51am

kenzo wrote:
Konanda wrote:Actually kenzo, I'm going to say the third option of man spamming fake outrage at what he believes is fake outrage is the really stupid shit going on currently.

Not trolling I think it's pretty stupid, although I think the last whole couple pages has been pretty stupid when I think about it more.
Konanda

Postby kenzo » Aug 31st, 2011 @ 11:02am

Konanda wrote:Not trolling I think it's pretty stupid...
I don't see the difference in this case. This whole thread has been an exercise in people trolling each other.

Konanda wrote:...although I think the last whole couple pages has been pretty stupid when I think about it more.
Stupid, eh? As compared to the rest of this entire thread? :lol:
kenzo

Postby Konanda » Aug 31st, 2011 @ 11:07am

kenzo wrote:
Konanda wrote:Not trolling I think it's pretty stupid...
I don't see the difference in this case. This whole thread has been an exercise in people trolling each other.

Konanda wrote:...although I think the last whole couple pages has been pretty stupid when I think about it more.
Stupid, eh? As compared to the rest of this entire thread? :lol:

If I was trolling I would be saying that just to piss you off. I'm just saying it because I truely believe that it is stupid.

Ya this whole thread is pretty stupid but this recent turn of event is definitely a peak in the stupidity.
Konanda

Postby kenzo » Aug 31st, 2011 @ 11:48am

Konanda wrote:Ya this whole thread is pretty stupid but this recent turn of event is definitely a peak in the stupidity.
I don't see how it's any different than the rest of the thread:

Step 1: LiQuid cites something subjectively "weird" or "stupid" pertaining to something Japanese, completely removes said thing from its surrounding context, quite often completely misrepresents or downright lies about said subject matter, and then applies the fault of a small and select group of people onto an entire nation of over 125 million people - all in the attempt to provoke a "way too serious" response and get his fill of yucks from the internet for the day.

Step 2: I, very self-consciously, take the bait and rebuke his claims on factual terms in a relatively dispassionate manner - offering him his response, but in a way that he is guaranteed to find distasteful and is sure to provoke a mindless and idiotic assault like:
Yeah, whatever fagballs

Step 3: Other people chime in to either pointlessly dispute or horrifyingly reinforce the racist jokes/stereotyping going on in this thread - sometimes as a joke, sometimes being deadly serious, alltimes being utterly pointless and lacking in taste (because you'd have to lack good tastes to even click on such a retarded thread to begin with).

Step 4: Repeat ad nauseam.

Step 5: Every other page or so, someone like you or me attempts to dissect and analyze the entire dialog, which is about as fruitful an endeavour as trying to make feces taste like ice cream. All you need to know is - LiQuid acts like a horrible racist scumbag, and we're not that much better for knowingly feeding his trolling behavior.
Last edited by kenzo on Aug 31st, 2011 @ 11:53am, edited 1 time in total.
kenzo

Postby Konanda » Aug 31st, 2011 @ 11:51am

Flowchart thread?
Konanda

Postby kenzo » Aug 31st, 2011 @ 11:55am

Konanda wrote:Flowchart thread?
Just describing in terms you'd easily understand why I don't understand how you could think the last two pages are anything exceptional in any manner.
kenzo

Postby Konanda » Aug 31st, 2011 @ 12:08pm

kenzo wrote:
Just describing in terms you'd easily understand why I don't understand how you could think the last two pages are anything exceptional in any manner.

I was just being cheeky.
Konanda

Postby kenzo » Aug 31st, 2011 @ 12:19pm

Konanda wrote:
kenzo wrote:
I was just being cheeky.
I was just being impossibly dull.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Aug 31st, 2011 @ 1:35pm

Haha, I love how every couple of pages someone comes in here and claims this thread just reached peak stupid.
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 31st, 2011 @ 10:24pm

LiQuid wrote:Haha, I love how every couple of pages someone comes in here and claims this thread just reached peak stupid.

Not likely. You're a perpetual motion machine of garbage. :lol:

Also, I'm said I missed out on all the hilarity of the past two pages.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Sep 16th, 2011 @ 4:09pm

Why Japanese games suck
Spoiler: It's because they are catered to stupid little kids and kenzo.
LiQuid

Postby Master Higgins » Sep 16th, 2011 @ 4:39pm

If only Japan made more games about large men shooting things...
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby jinpei05 » Sep 16th, 2011 @ 4:43pm

Master Higgins wrote:If only Japan made more games about large men shooting things...

Is this what you had in mind?

jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Sep 18th, 2011 @ 4:20pm

LiQuid

Postby darfox8 » Sep 19th, 2011 @ 2:12pm

:lol:
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby kenzo » Sep 19th, 2011 @ 3:31pm

OMG WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????? :evil:
Last edited by kenzo on Sep 19th, 2011 @ 6:16pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Sep 19th, 2011 @ 5:37pm

OMG WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY DOES YOUR IMAGE NOT WORK
LiQuid

Postby Konanda » Sep 19th, 2011 @ 5:39pm

LiQuid wrote:OMG WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY DOES YOUR IMAGE NOT WORK

Seriously, you should use an image hosting service that actually works.
Konanda

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics