Wherein we discuss tabletop RPGs, board games, anime, books, music, technology, and stupid Internet fads.

Re: Quilts!

Postby tnitnetny » Mar 31st, 2012 @ 7:45am

I have created my ultimate masterpiece. A Tardis Quilt.

It is a double sized quilt.
tnitnetny
Geekbox VIP

Postby GiantAsianMan » Mar 31st, 2012 @ 11:45am

Wow, that's fucking incredible. Awesome job.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous
GiantAsianMan

Postby LiQuid » Mar 31st, 2012 @ 12:06pm

Forgive me for knowing nothing about quilting, but all the little jigsaw style squigglies there? How are those designed? Most of your quilts seems to be just made out of simple squares but this one just looks crazypants.
LiQuid

Postby tnitnetny » Apr 1st, 2012 @ 4:57am

I definitely don't mind answering any questions Liquid. The jigsaw style designs are in almost every quilt, I just don't show closeups. If you look at my deviantart sight and click on each of the quilts for a closeup you should be able to see it. When a quilt is made you make the top first, that is the design of the quilt. Then you make the back (normally a solid color, I use black so stains and wear don't show). Then you pick a nice warm batting (the stuffing). You lay them all out and pin them together. Then you sew it all together.

There are a few different ways to sew it all together. Some people sew in the areas where the fabric meets so you can't see it. Some people are able to draw pictures with the thread (I suck at that). I prefer to just wander all over with jigsaw type patterns. So in other words, that pattern that you see is what is holding the quilt together. I think I did the areas where the fabric meets for baby Brocks quilt because the focus was the embroidery.

This quilt isn't just squares too. I actually took time to measure out each area and design the fabric and the colors. I am able to do that for blocky designs. It takes a lot more time then just squares, but the Tardis design is worth it.

And thanks GiantAsian Man!
tnitnetny
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Apr 1st, 2012 @ 9:18am

So the jigsaw stuff is all stitched manually? It's not like some "jigsaw" setting on a sewing machine that is automated? That's insane. Is it as hard as it seems like it would be to keep it all reasonably spaced. If I were to take a Sharpie and try to draw out a pattern like that on a piece of paper it would look like ass.
LiQuid

Postby tnitnetny » Apr 1st, 2012 @ 9:37am

I can't draw worth crap. If I were to take a Sharpie to a piece of paper it would also look like ass. It took a lot of practice, but it is different then drawing. It is all done manually freehand on my regular sewing machine. There are huge expensive awesome sewing machines that you can put your quilt on and it will do it all for you, but I can't afford and don't have the space for something like that. Maybe one day. Then I could do awesome pictures with the thread instead of jigsaw.

This is why people that quilt always yell at me that I don't charge enough. ;) I charge enough to basically break even on supplies. But I love doing it and it is a great hobby.
tnitnetny
Geekbox VIP

Postby manta173 » Apr 2nd, 2012 @ 11:49am

I know I'm late to this.... but love the tardis quilt. Even the background is awesome. I liked that you chose to go with a fabric that looks as if this is a midflight image.
manta173

Postby tnitnetny » Apr 2nd, 2012 @ 12:21pm

That makes me extremely happy that you recognized I did that Manta! :D

I love working with Batiks. They are more expensive but they provide such a great selection of colors to choose from.
tnitnetny
Geekbox VIP

Postby tnitnetny » Apr 14th, 2012 @ 2:46pm

Spiderman!

tnitnetny
Geekbox VIP

Postby tnitnetny » Apr 15th, 2012 @ 4:55am

Batman!

tnitnetny
Geekbox VIP

Postby tnitnetny » Apr 25th, 2012 @ 9:56am

I made a website! http://www.quiltoni.com. I spent the last week on it and I hope it is at least semi ok. Take a look and let me know if anything should be changed. Please!

I have a logo being worked on, so ignore the quiltoni at the top.
tnitnetny
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Apr 25th, 2012 @ 12:22pm

For your TARDIS quilt you've actually got a closeup of the "plague" and not the "plaque" :D
LiQuid

Postby tnitnetny » Apr 25th, 2012 @ 12:28pm

Yeah, someone else pointed that out right before you did. ;) It is fixed!

That is what I am talking about, be as nit picky as possible! I really really appreciate the feedback.
tnitnetny
Geekbox VIP

Evelyne L Thomas

Postby evelynethomas » Oct 21st, 2017 @ 8:38am

Order http://evelynelthomas.com/psychotherapy/ to get the best service.
Hypnotherapy http://evelynelthomas.com/ Psychotherapy
evelynethomas

CDA To MP3, Convert CDA To MP3

Postby Dexjaire » Nov 6th, 2017 @ 1:10am

Freemake Audio Converter converts music information between 50+ audio codecs. To make it simple to show CDA audio tracks into MP3 file, why not discover another manner for CDA conversion? It's best to contemplate recording CDA to MP3 as a substitute. And on this half, you're recommended with one of the best CDA Recorder With this glorious CDA monitor recording instrument, you may easily and successfully capture the CD audios and save them in MP3 format.
What is CDA? Standing for Compact Disk Audio, CDA just isn't an audio format, however a file extension, which gives obtainable information to an audio CD. CDA files do not embody any precise pulse code modulation (PCM) data however only observe length and time actually. That is the explanation why your laptop prompts you of CDA playback error while you attempt to repeat CD tracks into laptop after which play them without CD. Sadly,cda files will be performed solely from a CD-ROM. Your PC or Mac cannot immediately play CDA information, so chances are you'll contemplate to convert tracks in CDA to a different audio format for better saving. MP3, as a generally-used audio format, which uses compression to save lots of much house. Want to convert CDA to MP3? For higher CDA to MP3 conversion, you can rely on this text and find some effective ways.
The process is definitely quite easy and solely requires Windows Media Player, which is installed with Windows by default. In Windows 7 and Home windows eight, you can rip the audio CDs on to MP3 format, no need to convert them to from one format to another.
Step four: Set output file format. Click "Profile" drop-down button and select "MP3 - MPEG Layer - three Audio (.mp3)" possibility. - Simple interface format, simply choose cda format to mp3 converter online the recordsdata and click convert. Step 6: Convertcda tomp3. Click on "Convert" button to start out your CDA to MP3 conversion.
After the information are selected, click on Choose output profile tab. The drop-down listing will unfold, simply choose MP3 Audio(.mp3). For the format of the output file, you can select Home windows Media Audio, Windows cda format to mp3 converter online Media Audio Professional, MP3, and WAV. By default, the audio quality is 128 kbps, but you can rip all of it the way up to 192 Kbps in the event you like.
Dexjaire

FLAC Converter Für Mac

Postby Taxguall » Nov 19th, 2017 @ 10:00pm

Obwohl viele Menschen glauben, MP4 sei nur ein Videoformat, so kann sich inmp4-Dateien auch reine Musik ohne ein Video befinden. Zu diesen Audio Formaten zählen:mp1 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer 1),mp2 (MPEG-2 Audio Layer 2),mp3 (MPEG-3 Audio Layer three) und AC3 (Adaptive Transform Coder three http://www.audio-transcoder.com/de/how-to-convert-mp4-files-to-flac, auch Dolby Digital genannt), MPEG-2/four Audio (.mp4,m4a), Advanced Audio Coding (.aac), Excessive Effectivity Advanced Audio Coding (HE-AAC), AAC+, Harmonic and Individual Traces and Noise (HILN, MPEG-four).
MP4 to MP3 Converter is a wonderful instrument that may permit not only changing between two of probably the most used codecs, but in addition converting any video into probably the most used audio format. Der FLAC Converter kann FLAC Dateien sowohl in verlustfreie Audioformate wie WAV, AIFF, ALAC und AU, als auch in allgemeine Audioformate wie M4A, AAC, AC3, AIFF, AMR, MP3, MP2, MKA, OGG, WMA umwandeln.
Wenn ich aus dem Ursprungsmaterialflac etwas anderes haben möchte, weil irgendein externer Player das so will (m4a, mp3 oder oder), dann mache ich das mit der Wandlung in einem Rip-Programm oder einem höher spezialisierten Wandler. MP4 ist das gängige Containerformat für AAC, kann aber ebenso andere MPEG-Daten enthalten (MP3, MP2, ALS…). Der YouTube Video Converter bietet Ihnen viele 3D Videoformate wie MP4 Nebeneinander 3D Video (.mp4), AVI Nebeneinander 3D Video (.avi) usw.
Als ein professioneller FLAC Decoder kann der FLAC Converter for Mac FLAC Dateien in lossless AIFF, WAV und Apple Lossless und FLAC in lossy AC3, AU, M4A, MP2, OGG, RA und WMA umwandeln. Dans ce cas, si vous aviez sélectionné un flac ou un monkey's audio, convertir en wav revient juste à décompresser le fichier d'origine, le son sera donc exactement de la même qualité que sur le cd d'origine.
Sie können auch Audiospur von Videodatei extrahieren und sie in Ihre benötigen Audioformate konvertieren. ABR-Modus gibt Ihnen Wert der Reduzierung der mp3-Datei wo kann mit einer wesentlich höheren (im Vergleich zu VBR) Genauigkeit vorhergesagt werden. Le logiciel peut aussi convertir plusieurs fichiers a la fois et il preserve http://www.audio-transcoder.com/de/how-to-convert-mp4-files-to-flac la construction du dossier d'extraction.
Online Musikplattformen bieten zum Kauf und Download Musikstücke in unterschiedlichen Formaten an. Als Formate gibt es Apple Play Fair, Microsoft Digital Rights Administration (DRM) und Sony Atrac. Sie können mehrere Dateien in den FLAC Converter for Mac importieren und er wird diese eine nacheinander umwandeln. Nach dem Download und der Set up vom Free Audio Converter könnt ihr einzelne Musik-Stücke oder ganze Ordner mit FLAC-codierten Songs per Drag & Drop in das Programmfenster ziehen.
Wenn Sie eine professionelle Software program wünschen und ID3-Tags für gewerbliche Zwecke bearbeiten möchten, empfehlen wir Ihnen, eine kostenpflichtige Software program zu nutzen, da Sie dort professionellen Assist und regelmäßige http://www.audio-transcoder.com/de/how-to-convert-mp4-files-to-flac Updates für das Programm erhalten. Viele Konverter kopieren die umgewandelten Dateien in ein zuvor festgelegtes Verzeichnis. Aiseesoft FLAC Converter stellt Ihnen eine professionelle Lösung zur Verfügung, und hilft Ihnen, FLAC in MP3 , M4A, WAV, OGG, WMA usw.
Einer der besondeste Funktion ist,dass Xilisoft Audio Converter die Konvertierung von m4a in mp3, und mp4 in mp3 unterstützt. Any Audio Converter ist nicht nur fantastischer Audiokonverter, sondern auch leistungsstarker Video Downloader. Laut Angaben der Entwickler erreicht FLAC durchschnittlich eine Komprimierung auf rund 50 % der Ausgangsgröße, der Unterschied zu anderen verlustfreien Audio-Kompressionsverfahren liegt demnach in einem Bereich einiger Prozentpunkte.
Taxguall

Cheap NBA Jerseys From China

Postby RichardLaush » May 16th, 2018 @ 12:19pm

I'm excited to start tomorrow. [If you are taking didrex once a day, take the dose in the morning]. Due to the fact the typical is one in forty two hands, the likelihood of getting a blackjack soon is substantial.Income related to its new retail initiatives jumped over six times thanks to business synergy through various partners. Wholesale Jerseys China. 10 Most Popular Girl Names of 2016If you are expecting a baby in 2016, you may have probably already considered dozens or even hundreds of baby girl names! With so many to choose from, it can be difficult to find the right name that matches your baby&rsquo;s personality, appearance and last name. Didrex medication is to be taken once daily, swallowed whole, in midmorning.Cheap Jerseys China. A U. This name is very popular in European countries and Australia, where it was themost popular name in 2013.Wholesale NFL Jerseys China.Other countries provided similar lists of known violent soccer fans to Brazil, as an attempt to curb hooliganism in the World Cup. Most of the boots also contains steel shank to increase support.&amp;nbsp Stanford Wong’s Expert blackjack reviews states to be expecting ten% – 50% of your Big Bet per hour.1 billion) in the company for a 3.<br>Visit my site??http://www.cheapnfljerseysforwholesale.us.com/
RichardLaush

Previous
Forum Statistics