Wherein we discuss tabletop RPGs, board games, anime, books, music, technology, and stupid Internet fads.

Re: Quilts!

Postby manta173 » Dec 15th, 2011 @ 8:22am

I enjoy seeing pictures of you quilts. Please keep them coming. So much so I've gone through your website a few times.
manta173

Postby tnitnetny » Dec 15th, 2011 @ 8:45am

Ok, thanks! I will continue to update then. I just didn't want anyone to feel like I was using the forum as a place to promote myself. I am working on a bunch of different quilts for Magfest so will probably do a quilt dump with all of the ones I make around the holidays.
tnitnetny
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Dec 15th, 2011 @ 8:48am

I like seeing your quilts but they make me sad that I can't have a nerdy quilt, and that I have no notable skills.
LiQuid

Postby manta173 » Dec 15th, 2011 @ 8:48am

Nice. I'll be waiting for them.
manta173

Postby tnitnetny » Dec 26th, 2011 @ 6:32am

I managed to make 7 quilts in 3 weeks for Magfest. I will post them here as I post them to my facebook and deviantart.

First though is a quilt that was commissioned by Hell Inc for Christmas.

tnitnetny
Geekbox VIP

Postby tnitnetny » Dec 27th, 2011 @ 6:15am

Quilt 1 - Mario Lap Quilt

tnitnetny
Geekbox VIP

Postby Konanda » Dec 27th, 2011 @ 12:10pm

tnitnetny wrote:I managed to make 7 quilts in 3 weeks for Magfest. I will post them here as I post them to my facebook and deviantart.

First though is a quilt that was commissioned by Hell Inc for Christmas.

Is that a penis head but with eyes and horns for a head?
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby tnitnetny » Dec 27th, 2011 @ 1:20pm

I think it is, but I am not sure, you would have to ask the writer of Hell, Inc. That is how he draws the comic. I just converted it to a quilt for his wife. ;)
tnitnetny
Geekbox VIP

Postby tnitnetny » Dec 28th, 2011 @ 6:10am

Quilt 2 - Luigi Lap Quilt

tnitnetny
Geekbox VIP

Postby tnitnetny » Dec 29th, 2011 @ 5:53am

Quilt 3 - Kirby Lap

tnitnetny
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Dec 29th, 2011 @ 6:38am

Oh man that's so close to being a rabite quilt it makes my groin ache!!!
LiQuid

Postby tnitnetny » Dec 29th, 2011 @ 6:53am

I didn't even think of that, but you are absolutely right. If I changed the style a little and the color I could easily make a Rabite quilt.
tnitnetny
Geekbox VIP

Postby Konanda » Dec 29th, 2011 @ 10:30pm

tnitnetny wrote:Quilt 3 - Kirby Lap

:o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: OMG, THAT'S AWESOME! Kirby is my favourite Nintendo character ever!
Konanda

Postby tnitnetny » Dec 30th, 2011 @ 6:51am

Quilt 4 - Megaman Lap quilt

tnitnetny
Geekbox VIP

Postby tnitnetny » Dec 31st, 2011 @ 5:02am

Quilt 5 - A new version of link. This one is lap sized.

tnitnetny
Geekbox VIP

Postby tnitnetny » Jan 1st, 2012 @ 5:23pm

Quilt 6 - Zelda Lap quilt

tnitnetny
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Jan 1st, 2012 @ 6:34pm

tnitnetny wrote:Quilt 5 - A new version of link. This one is lap sized.

That's super cool, even though I've always considered LttP-Link's sprite super-ugly.
kenzo

Postby tnitnetny » Jan 1st, 2012 @ 7:06pm

I was going to do a 4 swords link, but it looked like crap when I put it into a pattern. For some reason the Lttp sprites look better even though the link itself is uglier. I did change the bottom of this sprite. In the game when he holds his shield his shoes and entire lower half are black, shrouded in shadows. So I added in the belt and feet design of when he holds up the tri-force and looks up. I didn't change the Zelda at all though except take away the skin and hair shadows.
tnitnetny
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Jan 1st, 2012 @ 9:29pm

People like LiQuid clown on it, but I really love the spritework in Minish Cap. That was a beautiful game and I love how Link looks in that, especially when he's talking to his hat and whatnot.

Also, great work on the quilts - I think my fav is Zelda.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Jan 1st, 2012 @ 11:11pm

kenzo wrote:People like LiQuid clown on it, but I really love the spritework in Minish Cap.

Huh? When did I do that???
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Jan 2nd, 2012 @ 2:25am

I meant the game in general. Minish Cap gets looked over a lot, and I think it's because of things like the reasons you hate it.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Jan 2nd, 2012 @ 2:39am

When did I ever go over reasons I hate it? I don't, it's just not even in the same league as Link's Awakening or the Oracle games. It's far, far better than the two DS ones though, and every other 3D Zelda. Also I could be remembering wrong, but I'm pretty sure I beat it in like 5 hours or something ludicrous like that.
LiQuid

Postby tnitnetny » Jan 2nd, 2012 @ 6:06am

I will post the pattern for the minish link I made that I didn't like tomorrow to get your opinion. Maybe it was just me that didn't like the pattern. It looked kind of weird. I also had time to make yet another quilt (I think Brock will LOVE this one) and I will post it tommorrow too.

Today's is the last of the 7 quilts I made in the big blitz. Lap sized Sonic Quilt.

tnitnetny
Geekbox VIP

Postby tnitnetny » Jan 3rd, 2012 @ 8:56am

The last quilt I made for sale at Magfest is a Green Lantern Lap quilt.

So I made the 4 swords and the minish link into patterns like I said. I just didn't like the way they looked so went back to the lttp link. What do you think Kenzo, doesn't the minish look weird in a large quilt form or is it just me?

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0By5SKP ... ZiZWZlNTcw
tnitnetny
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Jan 3rd, 2012 @ 3:10pm

Lantern, YESSSSSSSSssssssssssssssssssssssss
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Jan 3rd, 2012 @ 6:34pm

tnitnetny wrote:So I made the 4 swords and the minish link into patterns like I said. I just didn't like the way they looked so went back to the lttp link. What do you think Kenzo, doesn't the minish look weird in a large quilt form or is it just me?

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0By5SKP ... ZiZWZlNTcw
It does look weird. I think it's because you adjusted the image a bit. I remember Minish-Link having less symmetry and more color in the face:

Also, I know it's probably more complicated than your quilting-patterns would allow, but you should totally make a kirby-quilt like this or this - Konanda would probably kill is own mom to buy it:

kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Jan 3rd, 2012 @ 6:59pm

Yes, but would Konanda expatriate for it?!

BTW, hatless Minish Link is the best link sprite of all time.
LiQuid

Postby tnitnetny » Jan 4th, 2012 @ 6:08am

I definitely could make that Kirby but wouldn't unless someone commissioned that. It would take way too much time and very very tiny little squares that it was not worth my time unless I was definitely getting paid to do it.

I didn't change the sprite. When I looked up minish link, that is what I found, The sprite you pulled is what I found when I searched for 4 swords link. I also made that pattern and hated it too.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0By5SKP ... NjMDdlMWE1

See how his hair mixes with his eyes? In sprite and perler form it looks fine, but then when I made the pattern for the quilt it looks weird to me.
tnitnetny
Geekbox VIP

Postby Konanda » Jan 4th, 2012 @ 1:24pm

kenzo wrote:Also, I know it's probably more complicated than your quilting-patterns would allow, but you should totally make a kirby-quilt like this or this - Konanda would probably kill is own mom to buy it:

tnitnetny wrote:I definitely could make that Kirby but wouldn't unless someone commissioned that. It would take way too much time and very very tiny little squares that it was not worth my time unless I was definitely getting paid to do it.

I didn't change the sprite. When I looked up minish link, that is what I found, The sprite you pulled is what I found when I searched for 4 swords link. I also made that pattern and hated it too.

See how his hair mixes with his eyes? In sprite and perler form it looks fine, but then when I made the pattern for the quilt it looks weird to me.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o Have somewhat of a tight budget at the moment and not a huge amount of room for stuff where I'm at. Although definitely might do that in the future. I also find it interesting that you are selling quilts at a con. I've never seen anyone do that in the Artist's Alley of a con mind you I've only ever been to three different cons. (multiple times though) Although I have seen quilted stuffed toys for sale before.
Konanda

Postby kenzo » Jan 4th, 2012 @ 1:48pm

tnitnetny wrote:I definitely could make that Kirby but wouldn't unless someone commissioned that. It would take way too much time and very very tiny little squares that it was not worth my time unless I was definitely getting paid to do it.
Yeah, no doubt it's a lot of work. But I think that more robust and intricate sprites like that would be sure-fire sells.

tnitnetny wrote:I didn't change the sprite. When I looked up minish link, that is what I found, The sprite you pulled is what I found when I searched for 4 swords link. I also made that pattern and hated it too.

It looks like you simplified the color palate a little, but even so that looks boss to me.
kenzo

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics