Wherein we discuss tabletop RPGs, board games, anime, books, music, technology, and stupid Internet fads.

Fan Expo 2011, you hyped!

Postby Konanda » Aug 22nd, 2011 @ 7:45pm

Fan Expo begins on Thursday, I'll be there and I know some other Geekboxers will be.

Personally I'm excited that I'll be finished work for the summer and get to see some friends I haven't seen in months, check out some cool panels, maybe gets some signatures and karaoke afterparty (one of many afterparties) on saturday night.

As for those not in the know here's some of the many guests:

JEFF SMITH - Writer/Artist/Creator — Bone, Rasl

JUNKO MIZUNO - Artist — Little Fluffy Gigolo Pelu

JOE KUBERT (along with his two sons) - Artist — Legendary Artist - Sgt. Rock, Hawkman

TONY MOORE - Artist — The Walking Dead, Venom

MATT FRACTION - Writer — Fear Itself, Thor, Iron Man, Uncanny X-Men

WILLIAM SHATNER - Captain James T. Kirk — STAR TREK

TOM FELTON - Draco Malfoy — HARRY POTTER

ANTHONY DANIELS - C3PO — STAR WARS

ROBERT ENGLUND - Actor — V, SUPERNATURAL, BABYLON 5, A NIGHTMARE ON ELM'S STREET (Freddy Krueger)

MALCOLM MCDOWELL - Alex — A CLOCKWORK ORANGE

CHRIS SABAT - Director, Producer, Actor — DRAGONBALL Z (Piccolo)

MIKE MCFARLAND - Actor, Producer & Director — DRAGONBALL Z & FULLMETAL (Master Roshi)

VERONICA TAYLOR - Ash Ketchum — POKEMON

VICTOR LUCAS - Creator / Host — THE ELECTRIC PLAYGROUND

TOMMY TALLARICO - Music Composer — VIDEO GAMES LIVE
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Re: Fan Expo 2011, you hyped!

Postby LiQuid » Aug 22nd, 2011 @ 8:04pm

Someone go get a copy of Tommy Tallarico's Greatest Hits Volume 1 signed for me and I will give them infinite money for it.

LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Aug 22nd, 2011 @ 8:06pm

None of those names are even remotely interesting to me.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Aug 22nd, 2011 @ 8:08pm

Victor Lucas and Tommy Tallarico are both amazing human beings are you're a grotesque piece of shit.
LiQuid

Postby lemon-fresh » Aug 22nd, 2011 @ 8:28pm

seconded
lemon-fresh

Postby ribkicker4 » Aug 22nd, 2011 @ 8:42pm

Jeff Smith and Tommy Tallarico are the best of those bunch, imo.

Never heard of the Electric Playground.

I suppose that wouldn't be too long of a drive... If I had known in advance I probably could of taken some time off. Thanks for nothing Konanda. :evil:
ribkicker4

Postby LiQuid » Aug 22nd, 2011 @ 8:50pm

ribkicker4 wrote:Jeff Smith and Tommy Tallarico are the best of those bunch, imo.

Electric Playground, and Judgement Day/Reviews on the Run were a pair of Victor Lucas/TT produced video game shows that sadly, we here in the states only got for a couple years, but they've been thriving in Canada. Judgement Day was a flawless fucking show. The juxtaposition between Vic's reverence for all things quality and Tommy's over-the-top Dudebro outlook on everything made for the single best review show in all of history. Even all those old shows based on ancient games are fun to rewatch (check YouTube for highlights).
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 22nd, 2011 @ 9:53pm

ribkicker4 wrote:Jeff Smith and Tommy Tallarico are the best of those bunch, imo.

I suppose that wouldn't be too long of a drive... If I had known in advance I probably could of taken some time off. Thanks for nothing Konanda. :evil:

You made the right choice in not going. You'd have to cross into Canada...*SHUDDER*
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Aug 22nd, 2011 @ 10:51pm

LiQuid wrote:Victor Lucas and Tommy Tallarico are both amazing human beings are you're a grotesque piece of shit.
Yeah, sorry. I don't give a shit about Video Games Live or the Earthworm Jim soundtrack.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Aug 22nd, 2011 @ 11:21pm

If you don't give a shit about McRock you are officially the worst person that has ever lived.

LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Aug 23rd, 2011 @ 5:05am

LiQuid wrote:If you don't give a shit about McRock you are officially the worst person that has ever lived.
Sorry, I have no nostalgia for this game that I never played, and that music doesn't really stand out to me otherwise - especially since it sounds like generic, butt-music that was so indicative of the Genesis.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Aug 23rd, 2011 @ 5:06am

You're dead to me kenzo.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Aug 23rd, 2011 @ 5:59am

LiQuid wrote:You're dead to me kenzo.
FFVIII is the best Final Fantasy.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Aug 23rd, 2011 @ 9:48am

R.I.P.
LiQuid

Postby Konanda » Aug 23rd, 2011 @ 3:15pm

Sorry, ribkicker. There is next year and I'll make a thread earlier as a reminder. I did the same last year but like 1 dude posted in it so I decided to wait until it was closer.

LiQuid wrote:

Electric Playground, and Judgement Day/Reviews on the Run were a pair of Victor Lucas/TT produced video game shows that sadly, we here in the states only got for a couple years, but they've been thriving in Canada. Judgement Day was a flawless fucking show. The juxtaposition between Vic's reverence for all things quality and Tommy's over-the-top Dudebro outlook on everything made for the single best review show in all of history. Even all those old shows based on ancient games are fun to rewatch (check YouTube for highlights).

Man I haven't seen Reviews on the Run in years, I should see how it's still doing apparently they've made it daily or something.

Also if you are really psyched to see Tommy Tallarico you should go next year or something, Victor and Tommy have shown up there for like 3 years running. (including this one which is the number of years I have been going) I should also mention the two of them sometimes show up on InnerSPACE (formerly HypaSpace on the television station SPACE) as video game correspondents. As well, Victor has produced and directed a bunch of documentaries, mostly "Making Ofs" for various video games.

kenzo wrote:None of those names are even remotely interesting to me.

Neelix is there as well.
Konanda

Postby kenzo » Aug 23rd, 2011 @ 4:09pm

kenzo

Postby Konanda » Aug 23rd, 2011 @ 4:22pm

Yup if you had clicked on my link at the top you can search through the guests for all five aspects (comics, sci-fi, anime, gaming, horror) of the con. (there is some crossover however, for instance Junko Mizuno shows up in both the Comic featured guests and Anime guest of honour)

Here is the specific entry for Ethan Phillips though.
Konanda

Postby Rodney » Sep 3rd, 2015 @ 10:07am

I picked up Saturday tickets, so I'm going to try to be there when it opens at 10 am. There are two panels I want to see at 11 but they're at the same time so I have to choose between the cast of Voyager or Voice Actors read Back to the Future. It's too bad I don't have Friday tickets, there is a screening and Q&A with that Dr. Robot show's Christian Slater. I thought it was the other guy but nope! I don't watch that show but I hear Mister Android is a good show.
Rodney

Postby LiQuid » Sep 3rd, 2015 @ 1:48pm

Fuck Christian Slater is actually a way bigger get than Rami Malek. Take a Broken Arrow poster for him to siiiiiiiiiiign!
LiQuid

Forum Statistics