Wherein we discuss tabletop RPGs, board games, anime, books, music, technology, and stupid Internet fads.

Re: Kenzo's Anime Hostage Exchange Program

Postby kenzo » Aug 19th, 2015 @ 12:23am

I've never been more terrified to look up fan reactions to something than me right now with 'Stevani'.

Holy shit that episode was uncomfortable.
kenzo

Postby CrossXhunteR » Aug 19th, 2015 @ 2:09am

Lots of arguments about Stevonnie's pronouns.
CrossXhunteR

Postby kenzo » Aug 19th, 2015 @ 2:21am

I find it funny that overly politically correct people get angsty about proper pronouns when the argument they should be having is to disgender pronouns all together. Gendered pronouns is so last millennium.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Aug 19th, 2015 @ 2:24am

Hearing you idiots talk about that show makes my life complete.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Aug 19th, 2015 @ 2:34am

You'd love this show LiQuid. It's about a fat kid with a wafro who has a magic beer-gut, and goes on misadventures with gay magic space rocks. All to the rhythm of rad chiptunes.

Oh did I say you'd love it? Sry, you'd probably kill yourself watching it.
kenzo

Postby CrossXhunteR » Aug 19th, 2015 @ 3:02am

kenzo wrote:I find it funny that overly politically correct people get angsty about proper pronouns when the argument they should be having is to disgender pronouns all together. Gendered pronouns is so last millennium.

Lot's of in fighting with the fans after that episode, because the obvious question of what the heck Stevonnie is was taboo or something. People tried to nail down what to call her, but then people got butthurt. Man, woman, both, neither? Eventually one of the creators responded to a question on twitter asking this and said she was "an experience." That doesn't help when trying to nail down a pronoun though. I just default to she.
CrossXhunteR

Postby kenzo » Aug 22nd, 2015 @ 2:46pm

I've got two more episodes left in the first season of Steven Universe. I dunno how I feel about this long term plot they keep teasing, I'd rather just have fun/dumb adventures.

Also, steven's girlfriend, out of nowhere was like "itadakimasu" before eating something random. Is she just a giant weeb?? Or is it the show runners that are giant weebs. Either way I face palmed pretty hard that time.
kenzo

Postby CrossXhunteR » Aug 26th, 2015 @ 4:57pm

Finished Stardust Crusaders. Good Show.
CrossXhunteR

Postby CrossXhunteR » Jan 10th, 2016 @ 4:49pm

Kenzo is basically begging for people to watch a new show from this season, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. He even offered hostage trades to do so. Since I don't know shit about anime, I once again propose a webcomic for my end of the deal, Namesake.

http://namesakecomic.com/comic/the-journey-begins

By my count, there are 858 "pages" so far. This includes any update shown on the homepage, including announcements and art posts when it is on break. That's like 500 pages less than the last webcomic I recommended you. You should be able to burn through it quickly.

As we discussed earlier, it seems that the airing situation with this show is really up in the air at this point, which kind of makes it hard to gauge the length of it for fairness sake. Figure that out, or suggest other, shorter, animes to tack on if necessary and I can see how the trade would stand up then.
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Jan 10th, 2016 @ 5:33pm

Kenzo doesn't keep his hostage promises. He still hasn't watched Babylon 5.
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Jan 10th, 2016 @ 5:35pm

How much Gintama you watch?
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Jan 10th, 2016 @ 6:19pm

I wasn't trading Gintama, I was trading that Space Dandy show.
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Jan 10th, 2016 @ 6:45pm

kenzo wrote:LiQuid was going to trade Gintama for Babylon 5, but LiQuid refuses to watch subbed anime. Womp womp.
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Jan 10th, 2016 @ 7:05pm

Yes, which is why I didn't watch Gintama. How is that hard to comprehend?
LiQuid

Join Flac with flac online news

Postby suildildbus » Oct 14th, 2017 @ 11:52pm

Free Flac joiner index free flac joiner online chance night flac batch joiner mummy It has in-built target quality profiles but you can also add your own . Secure Options >> new option: Cancel Disc Ripping After any Insecure Track Right click on a track >> Detect Artists from Track Names Gap detection and index detection implemented (new columns to add these items to the display), also used for the [Cue Sheet Image] and Audio CD - Gap Removal DSP Options >> file name character replacement Can drag and drop album art onto it Default naming now: [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[track] [artist] - [title] freedb can split track specific artists when only indicated on a single track Retrieves sort tags (does not write by default) Added extra meta data fields Added +50 and +100 offset to track number Any metadata which came in Artist, the is replaced The Artist (before the rule to put to Artist, The) New settings page for Meta >> cache, option so can set size of cache (defaults to 6MB) Info display defaults to on for first run If have the technical column on then write to the log file (ie pre-emph will be written to the log) Shows SonataDB when classical data comes from SonataDB (in manual meta review and popup meta info)
suildildbus

Previous
Forum Statistics