Wherein we discuss tabletop RPGs, board games, anime, books, music, technology, and stupid Internet fads.

Re: Drunk Gaming

Postby pope ramone » Jun 26th, 2009 @ 1:53am

back in the day we used to Hook up the N64 and get hammered wile playing 4-pleyer goldeneye. Then once or vision became blurry stick on rainbow road from mario kart. One of my best memores is a good friend of mine who's ability would rapidly go down after a few beers but would get convinces he WAS bond.
The Dude Abides
pope ramone

Postby Xorn » Jun 26th, 2009 @ 3:16am

There's a so-called "Geek Bar" down the street from where I live (on University campus) called "Einstein's". They've got weekly gaming events, and the second floor is used to Magic the Gathering games.

It's a pretty cool place, but I don't drink myself and there are better places to hang out and play video games and CCG's, so I rarely visit the place.
----
I am an inveterate presence on the internet. A protogeek - I travel the cosmos in search of new and exciting comic books, video games and anime series: a notion which is both strange and intriguing.
Xorn

Postby kenzo » Jun 26th, 2009 @ 5:03am

Jazzy!
Last edited by kenzo on Aug 23rd, 2016 @ 8:50pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenzo

Postby James-Kond » Jun 28th, 2009 @ 10:18am

Drunk Singstar is nice :P

Not Drunk Singstar ftl
It all started with a bang.
James-Kond

Postby heart-attack » Jun 28th, 2009 @ 9:17pm

kenzo wrote:Anywhere that has a trivia night is a geek-bar, if only temporarily. In true geek-bar fashion, all the teams will huddle to themselves, refusing to interact with the rest of the population in fear of their answers being stolen or overheard. Of course, this is quickly negated by the fact that they're probably drinking alcohol and loosing control over the strength of their voices.

really? my local "Hooters" has trivia night every thrusday night. the place is usually full of townies and meat heads from the local university. whenever i' go w/ my group we'd always get a huge lead in points. the host usually makes the last couple of questions triple bonus to give the other teams a chance. :roll: lets just say my friends and i have a collection of hooters t shirts. :D
funny thing is that we tend to do the most drinking compared to the other people there. while they're drinking that piss water they call bud light, we're drinking new castle. who says alcohol kills brain cells?
heart-attack

Postby myth » Jul 3rd, 2009 @ 6:41pm

There's not much to do in my town besides drink, so drunken gaming happens on a regular basis.

I personally have drunkenly played Rockband, Guitar Hero, DDR, Left 4 Dead, WoW, Halo, Quake, Wario Ware, Wii Sports, and some PS3 games I can't remember the names of that were really awesome. There's some spaceship racing game that is totally trippy when played on some infinite sort of mode, where it keeps going faster and faster with every lap. Then there's an RTS pirate game that is horribly addicting and neigh impossible while wasted. And then the planet game where you're on this 3D planet - the goal being to avoid being hit by the things dropping and shooting all the stuff that drops. That one is hard for me to play while drunk but I quite enjoy watching it being played. I think it's all the motion from the stuff falling. :P

Drunken gaming is a necessity of life.
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
myth

Postby Clint » Jul 4th, 2009 @ 2:42am

I think I did some drunk gaming last night, wish I could remember what happened. I just woke up with that feeling of fearful remorse.
Clint

Postby kenzo » Jul 4th, 2009 @ 3:23pm

Jazzy!
kenzo

Postby jungfreud » Jul 10th, 2009 @ 11:40am

I played a lot of drunk WoW back in the day, and yeah I'm sure it was super annoying. There was just this point where the game became far too monotonous to play sober. It didn't usually affect my ability to play (aside from getting lost periodically) which kind of speaks to how rote the playstyle of that game is in large raids. I was literally operating on instinct with zero thought. While it occasionally yielded some funny stories, most of the time people just ended up asking me the next day why I was being a dick or why I dissapeared at some critical point in the raid. (because I passed out) Despite it seeming fun at the time, I wouldn't recommend it.

I think the only situation where drinking and gaming is a good mix is in a room with buddies who are on the same page. Being drunk in a game where you are supposed to be cooperating with people, or even worse drinking and gaming alone (a dark path indeed) is probably never going to be all that fun. If you are going to pound a six pack, do yourself a favor and invite someone over, thats my advice. (Don't drive either!)
jungfreud

Postby Jon_Danger » Jul 10th, 2009 @ 11:42am

Rockband and WoW mostly. We used to play drinking games on vent in WoW. ...

Rockband explains itself I think.
Jon_Danger

Postby myth » Jul 10th, 2009 @ 4:18pm

Xorn wrote:There's a so-called "Geek Bar" down the street from where I live (on University campus) called "Einstein's". They've got weekly gaming events, and the second floor is used to Magic the Gathering games.

It's a pretty cool place, but I don't drink myself and there are better places to hang out and play video games and CCG's, so I rarely visit the place.
I went to a comic shop in Toronto called the Hairy Tarantula, and I think they had a room for playing MtG and whatnot. It was a pretty cool little shop to find while randomly exploring...but this Einstein's place sounds way cooler.
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
myth

Postby KindGalaxy » Jul 10th, 2009 @ 9:02pm

Played co-op games last week with some mates for 3 days (Sat, Sun, Mon). GoW 2 on the hardest difficulty, every time you die you take a shot of Vanilla Vodka, and a sip from your drink of choice. Had two guys spew up out back, I think more because they had the Vodka shot then they drank their Bourbon and Cola. Vanilla Vodka tastes like ass on its own, we were just clearing storage space for good liquor.
Never start a beef with a butcher
KindGalaxy

Postby kenzo » Jul 10th, 2009 @ 9:26pm

Jazzy!
kenzo

Postby KindGalaxy » Aug 24th, 2009 @ 5:39am

curious if anyone drinks spirits straight? I received a truck load of alcohol from my former co-workers and bosses as I moved to a new job 2 weeks ago, and am currently enjoying a bottle of Chivas Regal Scotch, straight. I've always been able to consume whisky, vodka, bourbon, rum... even Absinthe straight, never found it a difficult thing... do folks here normally mix or can they handle a full night of straight drinking, do you need a couple of mixes first before drinking it straight, or need a beer or two first before doing it with a spirit? Just curious ^^
KindGalaxy

Postby LiQuid » Aug 24th, 2009 @ 6:17am

I drink cheap, cheap, awful whiskey on the rocks. I'm a pretty seasoned drunk though, so I wouldn't recommend that to a layperson.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Aug 24th, 2009 @ 1:55pm

Jazzy!
kenzo

Postby KindGalaxy » Aug 25th, 2009 @ 3:06am

Just found my new ringtone, fucking awesome Kenzo ^^
KindGalaxy

Postby kenzo » Aug 25th, 2009 @ 5:23am

Jazzy!
kenzo

Postby KindGalaxy » Aug 25th, 2009 @ 6:27am

kenzo wrote:Great song, right? It's become the national anthem of our apartment.

Ever since a now historic road trip where my friends and I got fucked up on a bottle of Knob Creek that had been sitting in the trunk of our car on a 110 degree day, I can drink just about any alcohol straight with little issue.

we locked a mate in a trunk for a day, he was angry as fuck when we opened it.
KindGalaxy

Postby Scrit » Sep 3rd, 2009 @ 4:45am

KindGalaxy wrote:we locked a mate in a trunk for a day, he was angry as fuck when we opened it.

Can't blam the person for that, it's pretty crampped in the boot.

My drunk gaming tends to be against one fo my mates on fight night round 4. We end up coming back from a night out and slining on the 360 just to pummell each other with it. But apart from that open world games are great if your internet isn't working, following random people in GTA IV becomes amazingly fun when drunk, trying to protect them from harm listening to them talking on their phone then deciding that the aren't fun anymore blowing them up and going to listen to the preacher out by Bohan to make you feel better. Or deciding in Obilivion that you'll collect bread and give to the poorer people. But less fun is realising you started playing fallout 3 and screwed up in some way- i.e killed someone usefull and now people hate you and that you've saved over your important file. (Still I never learn and seem to just repeat these things.)
PSN: Bobby-89 // Steam: Scrit
Scrit

Postby KindGalaxy » Sep 4th, 2009 @ 1:35am

Scrit wrote:
KindGalaxy wrote:we locked a mate in a trunk for a day, he was angry as fuck when we opened it.

Can't blam the person for that, it's pretty crampped in the boot.

My drunk gaming tends to be against one fo my mates on fight night round 4. We end up coming back from a night out and slining on the 360 just to pummell each other with it. But apart from that open world games are great if your internet isn't working, following random people in GTA IV becomes amazingly fun when drunk, trying to protect them from harm listening to them talking on their phone then deciding that the aren't fun anymore blowing them up and going to listen to the preacher out by Bohan to make you feel better. Or deciding in Obilivion that you'll collect bread and give to the poorer people. But less fun is realising you started playing fallout 3 and screwed up in some way- i.e killed someone usefull and now people hate you and that you've saved over your important file. (Still I never learn and seem to just repeat these things.)

Did you ever see what happened when someone played Oblivion drunk?

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?p=12178983#post12178983

It was rad.
KindGalaxy

Postby kenzo » Sep 4th, 2009 @ 3:27am

Jazzy!
kenzo

Postby Scrit » Sep 5th, 2009 @ 10:52am

That was pretty damn amazing. I'd quite like to see people playing games drunk posted on the web, similar to speed runs but drunk. (That said seeing a drunk speed run would be something.)
PSN: Bobby-89 // Steam: Scrit
Scrit

Cheap Jerseys 17$

Postby RichardLaush » May 8th, 2018 @ 8:20pm

Devontae Booker, the thirdleading rusher in school history, is expected to be selected in the NFL draft next month.Data on radiation levels collected by Japanese volunteers near the Daiichi nuclear power plant is 8 to 10 times higher than the official number. And the build also offers a resortstyle swimming pool and fitness center for those who love to stay active when not in the office. Greece and PNG have similar nominal expenditure cuts?? however?? the Pacific nation's fiscal problems are not as severe. They had large sum of other merchandise in their outlets for sale, and why not to use the magic power of Hermes Birkin waiting listing? If a consumer acquired a whole lot of other stuffs like scarves or ties valued above $2000, in all probability the gross sales assistant would inquire anything like “Now we have a Birkin bag for sale. I have drunk nourishing herbal infusions on a daily basis for more than twenty years. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys China.Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys.Wholesale Jerseys From China. I have drunk nourishing herbal infusions on a daily basis for more than twenty years. The morale in camp is high and we can surpass the 2010 medal haul in New Delhi," said Soi.Full StorySpotlight: Fukushima?? an ongoing tragedy Japanese government has brushed asideTOKYO?? May 20 (Xinhua) Toshihide Tsuda?? professor of environmental epidemiology at Okayama University?? found that the rate of children suffering from thyroid cancer in Fukushima Prefecture in Japan was as much as 20 to 50 times higher than the national average as of 2014?? three years after the Fukushima nuclear disaster. Union repeatedly announced the cancellation within the game is inevitable.The cautionary tale of burying one's head in the sand aptly applies to the handling of the Fukushima incident by the Japanese government?? which has chosen to turn a deaf ear to the aftermath of the worst nuclear accident in decades triggered by quakerelated Tsunami five years ago.No matter win or lose, we need to stay clam and keep improving ourselves in offence and defence.<br>Visit my site??http://www.wholesalesportsnfljerseys.us.com/
RichardLaush

Cheap NCAA Jerseys

Postby RichardLaush » Aug 13th, 2018 @ 12:03am

You have many options to choose from and you can buy zoom binoculars from Jomira at a much affordable price. Smart Cities Alliance focused on smart energy solutions between the United States and China. Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping. Note that in this article, I am using the keyword phrase “how to market your blog”. The full method will not likely take on an excessive amount of your time and effort. Many modernday items these days are even mixing those tips in concert. This is perfect for businesspersons who really want to be remembered and distinguished from the rest of the people in their industry. Regretfully, this can be one of the major causes for your current mobile phones death. They may overcome a good pounds from catalogues and even smallish mags.Wholesale Jerseys Cheap. The feeling connected with satiation is essential intended for losing weight. Losing weight management has been said to generally be accomplished by a single significant project and that is certainly generally known as halting a person’s appetite and various kind of cravings for food.Wholesale Jerseys.Their report, based on epidemiological data and published online by the U. This will not necessarily lead to any damage to the phone.<br>Visit my site??http://www.wholesalesoccerjerseyschinashop.com/
RichardLaush

Previous
Forum Statistics