Wherein we discuss digital pixels and polygons, directed by handheld input devices.

Re: What'cha been playin'?

Postby Pazy » Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:15pm

Fire Emblem - Shadow Dragon (not so far into it, every time one of my guys dies I reset the game and start that level again lol)
Peggle - Dual Shot (never played PC version but this one I got hooked to, im like 1/3 of the way through peggle nights (and all of peggle) after a few days though none of the challenges).
Retro Game Challenge (I wanted to see what it was like for all the gamers who grew up in the 80's (thats how the game was portrayed to me with the magazine etc. in the game) but it didnt work, I think im gonna give up and load old roms onto my DS lol)

Wierdly ive stopped playing a lot of my other systems. The DS is there and has fantastic games and its the same amount of fun but a lot more effort to play if I want to play my 360. And only games im playing on my PC right now are multiplayer ones when asked.
Pazy

Postby ChronicStupidity » Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:25pm

Been playing C&C 3, Resistance 2, SF4, and Chrono Trigger. Been thinkin of pickin up DQV or maybe DQIV cuz its cheaper. Sorta fiending for another RPG on a portable, just convenient ya know?
ChronicStupidity

Postby Valke » Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:29pm

Been jumping all over the place lately:

Persona 4
Dragon Quest IV
Quake Live
Freeware PC Games(Spelunky, Jumpman, Cave Story)
Street Fighter IV
Valke

Postby Rydog » Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:40pm

Street Fighter IV. LOTS of Street Fighter IV. :)
Ryan Scott
Editorial Director/Executive Producer, Geekbox.net
Rydog
Hell Yeah!

Postby Delerat » Mar 8th, 2009 @ 12:07am

Lost & Damned(360) - I lost interest with GTA4 fairly quickly, but L&D is proving to be really enjoyable.

Mirror's Edge Pure Time Trials(360) - If you were sick of all the enemy encounters in Mirror's Edge and just loved running around from checkpoint to checkpoint, this DLC is awesome. I love just throwing on a podcast and running around the beautiful geometrical levels.

Gears of War 2(360) - Been having trouble playing online. It takes 5 minutes to find a team, and then after 10 minutes it fails to find another team to play against. So I just played with bots and still had a good time. Every shooter should support bots.

Puzzle Quest: Galactrix(DS) - The gameplay is much less predictable than in the original, so each action you take feels like less of an accomplishment when it turns out good. Might be different once I get used to the weird gravity.

Retro Game Challenge(DS) - Haven't gotten very far yet, but the two retro clones I've played have been really good. The Galaga clone would probably be better than Galaga if it weren't for rose-tinted goggles. Though the best part is seeing people like Dan Sock in the game.

Games I need to be playing: Call of Cthulhu, Street Fighter 4.
Delerat

Postby jinpei05 » Mar 8th, 2009 @ 12:14am

Street Fighter IV on 360, Killzone 2 on PS3, and Macross Ace Frontier on PSP.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby flatrabbit » Mar 8th, 2009 @ 12:16am

I've been playing some of my backlog stuff. I finally got my 360 back from repairs and got it hooked up online.

mostly Mass Effect & Burnout Paradise

but I've been playing a little skate 2 and some arcade stuff. I want to pick up SF IV but I kind of want a stick for it at the same time so I've been holding off.
flatrabbit
--"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
‡ [ home | twitter | mixtapes ] ‡
flatrabbit

Postby Pazy » Mar 8th, 2009 @ 12:22am

Delerat wrote:Puzzle Quest: Galactrix(DS) - The gameplay is much less predictable than in the original, so each action you take feels like less of an accomplishment when it turns out good. Might be different once I get used to the weird gravity.

I couldent get into that one, I was loving the gameplay and wierd gravity (though honestly I think I liked Challenge of the Warlords better because I understood it more) but the reason I stopped playing was the loading, its constant so I gave up since its not conduicive to quick 5 minute blasts.
Pazy

Postby Keiran_Horn » Mar 8th, 2009 @ 12:25am

I had been going back and playing Mass Effect, but I was sidetracked by The Lost and Damned. I hadn't been very impressed with Mass Effect around the time I first played it, but coming back after about a year I was deeply engrossed. But, I guess not engrossed enough to ward off the promise of biker mayhem.
"Genius, all over the world, stands hand in hand, and one shock of recognition runs the whole circle round."
- Herman Melville
Keiran_Horn

Postby Sokkratez » Mar 8th, 2009 @ 12:26am

Skate 2, Far Cry 2 (PC), Infinite Undiscovery, Dragon Quest V, and Quake Live have been my normal rotation for the last couple weeks.
Sokkratez

Postby Pazy » Mar 8th, 2009 @ 12:30am

Cranky Bastard wrote:I did forgot about fallout two and tactics which I picked up from http://www.gog.com/en/catalogue/

Good old Games is amazing, I got Fallout there the first day I could (open beta?) and loved it. The experience was amazing, I gave them my card details then I went to my account and they gave me a download link which I downloaded, double clicked the .exe and installed. Then I played. Ive redownloaded a couple more times and never had an issue.
Plus most games have extra stuff like wallpapers, avatars, Beneath a Steel Sky has a 12-page comic and Fallout has the Fallout "Bible" with lots of stuff on the making of Fallout.
Pazy

Postby flatrabbit » Mar 8th, 2009 @ 12:36am

Keiran_Horn wrote:I had been going back and playing Mass Effect, but I was sidetracked by The Lost and Damned. I hadn't been very impressed with Mass Effect around the time I first played it, but coming back after about a year I was deeply engrossed. But, I guess not engrossed enough to ward off the promise of biker mayhem.

is anything engrossing enough to ward of biker mayhem?
flatrabbit
--"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
‡ [ home | twitter | mixtapes ] ‡
flatrabbit

Postby Melvilles Fist » Mar 8th, 2009 @ 12:54am

Watchmen: The End is Nigh

Why? Because I totally geeked out on Watchmen and bought the DC Direct figures and all the movie books so I figured, "Why not?"

Nerd.
Adam .:. We are Legion! .:. The Legion of Dudes Podcast
Melvilles Fist

Postby Delerat » Mar 8th, 2009 @ 1:19am

meng wrote:Killzone 2 - mainly multiplayer, trying to get some more unlocks
SFIV - stubbornly sticking with Abel and doing badly online
Burnout Paradise - had it for 360 but now replaying it on PS3

I forgot to mention Burnout Paradise. Been playing around with the legendary cars. Need to pick up a points card so I can get the toy cars pack as well. I <3 Criterion.
Delerat

Postby Cris » Mar 8th, 2009 @ 2:44am

I just bought GTA4: Lost and the Damned and Persona 3.
Cris

Postby KindGalaxy » Mar 8th, 2009 @ 3:41am

I don't have too much time to play games to be honest, being 24 really sucks sometimes...
PC: World of WarCraft, leveling up my second character to 80. Dawn of War 2, multiplayer in ranked matches; hit me up on Live: kindgalaxy84 for some fun!
Xbox 360: This is the Street Fighter IV console.
PS3: Everybody's Golf: World Tour with my wife, this game is called Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds in North America.
Wii: Nothing... maybe Super Mario Bros 3 soon due to the game night thread on here.
NDS: Chrono Trigger
PSP: Nothing, it just collects dust.
Never start a beef with a butcher
KindGalaxy

Postby Dan » Mar 8th, 2009 @ 4:35am

I've been trying to plough through my extensive pile of shame - and right now Im half way though Ratchet & Clank Future (that shows how extensive that pile is). After that it'll likely be Deadspace which I got on 360 for cheap.. and also Street Fighter 4..

Ive got Red Alert 3 and COD: WAR on PC to go through and about a billion tons of rested XP in WOW waiting for me when they are done....
XBL/PSN Gamertag: DV27
Dan

Postby LtWeight » Mar 8th, 2009 @ 8:00am

I've been playing way to much Team Fortress 2, but it's worth it since it's such a great game.

I'll be getting Major League Baseball 2k9 for PC in a couple days, it's the first baseball game on PC since MVP 2005 :(
LtWeight
LtWeight

Postby Retreadd68 » Mar 8th, 2009 @ 8:09am

I've been playing, Quake live, Halo 3 (new maps) & Fallout 3 I've been most addicted to fallout 3. I've played for 12 hours and haven't done one quest I just can't stop exploring the world It's one of my favorite games of all time

-
Retreadd68

Postby Callan » Mar 8th, 2009 @ 11:29am

I've been playing TF2, WoW (Grinding 40-52), Fallout 3, and some Burnout Paradise on X360. I'm also borrowing some D&D 3.5 books to get back into DM'ing, waiting for my tax return to pick up 4th edition.

EDIT: If anyone needs help with TF2 grinding I'm available for help. Steam ID: caldude2
Sent from my TI-83.
Callan

Postby LTSmash » Mar 8th, 2009 @ 11:33am

-Left 4 Dead (PC)
-Chrono Trigger (DS)
-Fire Emblem DS
LTSmash

Postby nkarasch » Mar 8th, 2009 @ 11:55am

Skate 2 - Completed everything including DLC, just so much fun finding new stuff to skate and coming up with new trick ideas

Forza Motorsport 2 -Level 49, trying to complete all races :|

Tomb Raider Underworld - not as fun as I was hoping, still alright

Company of Heroes - offline only, no internet access at home :( Game is so over my head but really fun
Steam Name - BacksideNoseblunt
XBL - BcksideNoseblnt
friend me, I have no friends
nkarasch

Postby James-Kond » Mar 8th, 2009 @ 1:46pm

I've be kind of busy making back-ups for my move to Windows Vista, very scary and time absorbing.

Company of Heroes - LANing with some friends =)
Peggle / Nights - Passing the time
Titan Quest - Just giving it another spin, it never really grabbed me as much as Diablo
Call of Cathulu -- For the Rebel FM Game Club
YsF -- Been playing after hearing so much good about it on Retronauts, even though it's not going so well because those bosses are WAY to hard (100 vs 1000 hp, thank you)
It all started with a bang.
James-Kond

Postby bilbo » Mar 8th, 2009 @ 1:50pm

I've just started Saints Row 2. Played through GTA 4 a while back and after playing Saints Row for about an hour, I realized I enjoy its wacky tone over GTA 4's seriousness. I loved San Andreas and Saints Row is almost its spiritual successor.

I've only 2 complaints.

-While driving I'm always fighting the camera.

-I miss the cover mechanic from GTA 4.
bilbo

Postby thejaymo » Mar 8th, 2009 @ 2:03pm

- Peggle dual shot DS
- retro game challenge DS
- fallout 3 (sill) just wandering around :D
- COD World at war on veteran (I'm stuck on the sniper bit any suggestions?)
thejaymo

Postby ArbYMMV » Mar 8th, 2009 @ 3:25pm

-Bioshock. Hard Mode, no Vita-Chambers. Yeah, I want Brass Balls that badly.
-Peggle Nights
-Team Fortress 2
-Beyond Good and Evil
ArbYMMV

Postby SkuttyB » Mar 8th, 2009 @ 4:35pm

Mostly been replaying various pokemon games in anticipation for the release of Platinum, but also have Zack & Wiki and No More Heroes on the go as well as returning to SF3 to try and ease the pain of not being able to get SF4
SkuttyB

Postby Jeku » Mar 8th, 2009 @ 6:25pm

Too many simultaneous games:

Halo Wars, Bioshock (first time, still haven't completed it), COD: WAW, HL2: Ep 2 (with commentary on), Fable 2, Gears of War 2, Puzzle Quest: Galactrix, and Animal Crossing Wii.

Still to play: Dead Space and Mirror's Edge on 360
Jeku
Geekbox VIP

Postby mjmunden » Mar 8th, 2009 @ 10:49pm

Mostly Killzone 2 multiplayer and that Watchmen brawler game. Both are good games to listen to podcasts while playing.
mjmunden

Postby consolerpgaddict » Mar 9th, 2009 @ 12:14am

I'm so far behind on my gaming (been watching a lot of tvshows and dvds) that everything I type on this list for a long while will be older games. Right now i'm working on really playing DragonQuest 8 : Journey of the Cursed King.
consolerpgaddict

Next
Forum Statistics