Wherein we discuss digital pixels and polygons, directed by handheld input devices.

Re: What'cha been playin'?

Postby kenzo » May 8th, 2016 @ 3:47pm

You know, I actually thought of that but honestly, if I was running a company, I wouldn't miss a person like Mr_eX's business. Because it seems like he's the kind of shopper looking for an excuse to shit on your company versus giving it a real, fair chance.
kenzo

Postby Mr_eX » May 8th, 2016 @ 7:47pm

You also shouldn't buy things from overstock.com. Right after the xbox 360 launched I bought 4 games through their auction site and never received them. Contacted customer support and they were like "you just lost $200, nothing we can do"
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » May 8th, 2016 @ 8:17pm

Mr_eX wrote:Right after the xbox 360 launched
That was literally over a decade ago; you telling me that there's no possibility that anything has changed since then with their QA?
kenzo

Postby Mr_eX » May 8th, 2016 @ 8:24pm

Yeah it changed. They shut down their auction site.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » May 8th, 2016 @ 8:29pm

Don't buy anything from Overstock's defunct auction site. Noted.
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » May 8th, 2016 @ 8:49pm

Or the company that allowed someone to steal $200 from me.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » May 8th, 2016 @ 10:45pm

How did you pay for it? Buyers are usually super protected on auction sites and thru payment sites like Paypal to the point where people have grown to hate selling on them because it's so easy for buyers to retract payment.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » May 9th, 2016 @ 12:55am

Yeah, these days you can just get PayPal or your credit card company to just reverse the charges with almost no questions asked or burden of proof on your part.
kenzo

Postby Mr_eX » May 9th, 2016 @ 6:51am

I don't think the site used PayPal at the time and I had to use some weird online money order thing. I wasn't the only one that this happened to. There was like 10 people that got scammed and we contacted the police and maybe even the FBI.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » May 11th, 2016 @ 11:21pm

Clash Royale went from a fun little thing I did for a couple minutes a day on my telephone to one of the most dreaded, stressful things in my life over the course of the last week or so. It's so fucking hard to maintain my arena 4 status between trying to tool a deck together that doesn't suck and all the pay 2 win assholes that have been demoted down from arenas 5-7 with their bought decks making my life hell with literally impossible to win matches.

This game is actually cancerous in the absolute worse way and now I understand why so many people from the clan rage quit (it happens at least 4-5 times a week). The game is UNAPOLOGETIC about being pay 2 win. The worst part is, the game is actually fun. If this game didn't have any micro (and macro) transactions in it, it would be pretty damn alright. If I ever felt like any of my losses were due to misplays or not having the RIGHT units in my deck to counter an enemy deck as opposed to their units all just being 2 levels higher than mine, it would be pretty damn alright. As it stands now the game is pretty NOT alright. It's a picture perfect example of everything that's wrong with mobile gaming.
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » May 12th, 2016 @ 5:42am

I played against someone for the first time yesterday that had Ice Wizards. They destroyed me. Me deck just isn't built to fight them.

I've definitely started playing it less after I hit arena 5. Most of the people you play clearly bought their decks, its really frustrating as someone who refuses to spend any money on the game.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Jenn04 » May 12th, 2016 @ 9:11am

Been playing Catherine the past few days; what a crazy game. Really enjoying it. At the last area now so we'll see what bonkers ending I get!

Spoiler: show
Also PSO2. Easter's FINALLY OVER.
SEGA's closed all new character creation on Ship 04 for at least 2 weeks due to overpopulation.
They 'recommend' JP players move to Ship 02 instead.

The reaction from JP players on Twitter was hilarious.
Jenn04

Postby LiQuid » May 13th, 2016 @ 12:48am

Made a new deck that I basically netdecked off some annoying Youtuber and went 7-1-1 while unlocking my crown chest today. Got over 200+ trophies and am closer to Arena 5 than I am to demoting to arena 3 for the first time ever.

Wasted 2k gold to buy a baby dragon off the card shop cause I got sick of not having one. This deck I'm using recommended a baby d in it but I'm using minion horde as a substitute and doing well so I'm not sure if I wanna swap out my level 7 mini horde for a level 1 baby d.
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » May 15th, 2016 @ 4:24pm

Played about 5 hours of DOOM. Good stuff. I wonder how far along I am in it.
CrossXhunteR

Postby Lightningbolt72 » May 16th, 2016 @ 7:44am

Heard DOOM was a 16 hour game,
If you find a man naked while playing the guitar badly and singing in the most annoying highest pitch voice in Rust, its probably me.
Lightningbolt72

Postby LiQuid » May 20th, 2016 @ 10:29am

Ex uninstalled Clash, but I had a minor breakdown where I tanked my ranking, auto-losing all the way to the lowest reaches of the game and then noob stomping my way back up to approximately where I was before I went on my losing streak. I've come back at it with a new mindset that's making it easier to play it every day. There's basically a floor that I will never fall under where I am in the game right now. No matter how much I lose, I'll never ever have trouble staying in arena 4, and I need a lot of cards from arena 4 and below to keep leveling up, so that's my baseline. Anything I achieve higher than that will just be a bonus. I spent my day in arena 5. That was cool. I don't think it's worth losing my cool if I don't stay up there. There's too many pay 2 win dudes in the mix, and simply people that have been playing longer than me and in a game like this time/money spent on the game is as good as skill. Maybe after I play longer, collect more cards and level up my deck more maybe my floor will raise and arena 5 will be my new baseline. Maybe it won't. All I know is that over the last couple days I've been playing around with stupid decks and not caring whether I win or lose and it finally isn't super stressful to play. I don't dread having to play for my dailies now. I just play and don't care.

Let's see how long this lasts.
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » May 22nd, 2016 @ 8:38am

Doom is so good
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » May 25th, 2016 @ 8:19am

Just played a game of Clash.

Start of game, as soon as I hit 10 elixer, lagged out... few seconds pass, closed and restarted game.

Get back, I'm down 1.5 towers. I say "good game" ready to give up.

I put down a couple units then lag out again...

Get back 2nd time and I'm down 2 towers but I did like 3/4 damage to one of his towers with my units counter pushing.

I start spamming "wow" and the asshole thumbs up me.

After I was back the 2nd time he throws a hog at my king tower and I'm defending with all I got. Mage, archers, barbs and baby d.

I send out a couple balloons with the counter push and end up 3 crown wiping him.

This is like my first win out of 10+ games today.
LiQuid

Postby Jenn04 » May 26th, 2016 @ 9:58am

PSO2 is so gud! But the story is SO bad (but hilarious).

Huge dumb write-up with bad pictures and bad jokes below.

It's almost TOO anime now, if that's possible.

Plus, for EP4's big bad it looks like they're bringing in Mother Brain from Phantasy Star 2.
No Sega NO! Don't ruin my precious Genesis memories!!

Everyone plays PSO2 in PSO2! She even has the official news page open! Gotta get summa dat SICK LORE!

They're doing the anime thing where there's an evil team of people, called Mother Cluster (LOL) -- each member with a special ability. Like being a mathematician. Or an archaeologist. Or a surgeon with special magical hands. Or this kid with a magical tablet; this emurado tabureto turns into a young captain and can pilot a giant evil phantom boat!

This game is so gud you don't even KNOW.

Although -- there are some pretty good scenes so far - like when the Earthlings go inside the game to the ARKS ship, and your character's tasked with showing them around. What follows is a goofy montage of people doing random stuff (talking, some idiot in pink going for a jog), and you wave to eachother as you walk past. Nothin' like being a little neighborly! It's just what good ARKS do!

Pictured: Best scene in the entire game

I can't wait to see what happens next.

---

I read up on what happens in Episodes 1 - 3; after all that I don't want to play through those older episodes anymore. It paints your character up as some galactic hero, competent, holds their own, beloved by everyone. ...Before being put to cryosleep for 2 years. Then EP4 happens.

My character isn't that at all.

Some other ARKS can take up that backstory - they have my blessing.
Jenn04

Postby totoro » May 26th, 2016 @ 2:00pm

Kind of LTTP, but after watching the Hitman Go VR stuff on the VRodeo I decided to finally start playing Hitman Go and surprised at how much fun it is.

Going to start the Quantum Break this evening I think. Hoping it's at least decent to good.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0559-6917-7116
totoro

Postby DarthEnder » May 27th, 2016 @ 12:05am

Got Fallout running again for Far Harbor.

Expansion is fine, but goddamn, I love concrete buildings.
DarthEnder

Postby kenzo » Jun 3rd, 2016 @ 2:19am

Did you guys know that you can now play Portable Ops and Valkyria Chronicles 2 on Vita??
kenzo

Postby CrossXhunteR » Jun 3rd, 2016 @ 3:11am

I saw something about them being available in the EU, but didn't know if that was happening stateside too.
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Jun 5th, 2016 @ 5:33am

I got a severe hankering to play Red Dead Redemption again but didn't want to go thru the hullabaloo of hooking up my 360. So I decided to try Bully for the first time since I had it on Steam somehow. It's fiiiiine but all it's doing is making me want to play Red Dead Redemption even more than I already did.
LiQuid

Postby DarthEnder » Jun 5th, 2016 @ 6:50pm

So, I've been playing Bravely Second. I'm not super far into it, but I kinda want to go on a rant here.

Spoilers for the original game ahead to set the stage for this complaint:
So, everyone's big complaint about the first game is the structure of the second half of the game. You spend the first half of the game making your way around the world trying to reactivate the four crystals. At that point, the game introduces you having to travel to alternate worlds where you basically have to do the same thing in 4 more worlds in order to get to the real ending. And while there's 4 times as much of the game here, it's really only the 2nd half of the game because you have the airship at that point, so it goes much faster.

The problem of course, is that these alternate worlds, are all the same as the first world. It's got all the same towns, same terrain, same dungeons. The monsters are all stronger, but in true FF fashion, they're just palette swaps of earlier monsters. The only thing that's different, is the characters. Each world has all the same characters, but they have completely different personalities. A character that was a villainous asshole in one world might be a noble hero in the next one. If you're a fan of superhero comics, it's basically the same as an elseworlds story.

Now, don't get me wrong, I can totally understand why people would hate that, and it's definitely lazy. But I didn't have a huge problem with it. It was fun getting to interact with all those character(most of which you kill in the first world) in all these different ways.

Okay, so there's that. So, we're on to the second game at this point and here's the problem:
IT'S THE EXACT SAME SHIT AGAIN!!

The game takes place, like, 2 years after the first game in the same place. It's a ton of the same characters(a lot of which shouldn't be alive btw...), and the world is exactly the same. Yeah, there are some new locations, and a few things have changed, but most of it hasn't changed. I'm even going through the same dungeons again.

I seriously can't believe that this is happening. That they took the thing everyone complained about with the first game and are DOUBLING DOWN ON IT. Like I said, I gave that shit a pass in the first game, but this is supposed to be A NEW FUCKING GAME, and instead, it feels like DLC for the first game.

In all fairness though, I'm not super far into the game, so for all I know, the game actually goes to other places later on. But so far, it's just me making my way around the same world map from the first game again.

That said, I still loved the first game's mechanics. And this is more of that, and I still love it. Job system 4 lyfe.
DarthEnder

Postby Jenn04 » Jun 15th, 2016 @ 12:47pm

I'm gonna do a write-up of my most recent wacky PSO2 story adventures soon (you read them right? No? O-oh...). But before then, I just wanna talk about how in August they're adding something HILARIOUS.

So a little background: PSO2 has concerts during the summer.

Would you pay dollarydoos to see this animu trash?

Like ... actual concerts.
NPCs singing songs and you either stand and watch them, wave glowsticks around, or dance along with some simple rhythm game. Shouting 'ENCORE!' in Japanese at the end has a chance of having them return and sing a bonus song for you. They have all kinds of different concerts, songs, and guests. It's... something.

Look into these soulless eyes. Imagine, these are people's actual waifus. Absolute terror.

One of my favorite memories in this game is doing the Rare Drop Koi Koi dance (this is what it's like) - but my character's such a loser he ran out of breath. Multiple times. Love it.

Issachar you are the greatest ARKS on this Ship. Don't let these weebs get you down.

So anyway - this August they are adding perhaps the GREATEST concert of all. It has blown my mind at its WTFery. It's apparently this singer's style. Just watch (the thumbnail kinda gives it away tho).

Skip to 0:58 if you don't care for excited Japanese speaking, or a slightly awkward smiling picture of the singer.

Since it's in August ... happy birthday to me!

Japanese fans seem to like her already:

Edit: I guess this person shows up in other games too. So weird!
Jenn04

Postby Konanda » Jun 15th, 2016 @ 10:56pm

Over 60 year old enka singers, PSO2 sure knows how to keep it fresh. Is it the vocaloid Yamaha made that they are using for it?
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby kenzo » Jun 15th, 2016 @ 11:58pm

Konanda wrote:Over 60 year old enka singers, PSO2 sure knows how to keep it fresh.

Holy shit! Get PSO2 to a burn ward!

I for one, love your PSO2 updates Jenn. They're always hilarious to read, and they also let me live vicariously through you.
kenzo

Postby kenzo » Jun 28th, 2016 @ 2:46pm

Adventures of Mana for Vita just got shoved out onto the PSN store for pretty cheap. I'm considering a purchase; though I probably don't have the time to play it anytime soon. :lol:
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Jun 28th, 2016 @ 4:41pm

Please don't be a fool like me and support Square Enix shitting out their cell phone ports of once beloved games. :(
LiQuid

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics