Wherein we discuss digital pixels and polygons, directed by handheld input devices.

Re: Pokeymans

Postby LiQuid » Oct 30th, 2015 @ 5:18am

Just found a shiny pokemon. Geodude. It was in an outbreak with 4 other geodudes that spammed Magnitude and killed it. I'm so fucking sad right now.
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Oct 30th, 2015 @ 6:16am

The outbreak system for shinies is a load of crap. If you want your rare pokes, you need to get them the hard way. Pure RNG.
My first shiny was a graveler back in Gold. Didn't know at the time what a shiny was, and graveler's shiny is so similar to his regular version that I barely even noticed it. I still caught it though.
CrossXhunteR

Postby DarthEnder » Oct 30th, 2015 @ 6:19am

CrossXhunteR wrote:Didn't know at the time what a shiny was, and graveler's shiny is so similar to his regular version that I barely even noticed it. I still caught it though.
That was always my problem. A lot of shinies just aren't noticeably different from their normal colors. Which completely defeats the point.
DarthEnder

Postby LiQuid » Oct 30th, 2015 @ 6:58am

I dunno, the gold color of the geodude/graveler/golem line seems pretty different than the standard grey to me.

I've sunk probably multiple thousands of hours into the entire Pokemon franchise as a whole and this is the only the 2nd time I've ever seen a shiny in the wild. First one was a magnemite in the Safari of Heart gold. Only other shiny I've obtained not from a trade was the shiny charmander I bred in Soul Silver a couple years ago for a contest on GAF. In all that time only having seen 3 legit shinies the entire time it really sucks to watch one die like that. It's not like actual anguish or anything but I've been feeling noticeably down all morning over this.

I really hate the way certain random encounters in pokemon are stacked against the player for this reason. Stuff like Abras being able to teleport, electrodes being able to self destruct, and the outbreak system which leads to cruel shit like this happening:

RIP seviper. :(

That shit's just too harsh. One the one hand it makes me wish the shinies themselves were a little more realistically attainable. I like how exclusive they are now, but the people that want shinies get shinies. They breed them with crazy IVs and shit and put a lot more work into it than any casual player would. I guess I could fulfill my lifelong dream of finally completing a national dex to get a shiny charm but god that's so much work. I remember after I bred that charmander I got the shiny bug and started trying to breed for a shiny politoed and after a few thousand eggs I just couldn't go on. I dunno how people do it.

What's up with the fucking pokemon computer in X/Y too btw? Only 7 boxes?? I really hope I get more storage space after I unlock the national dex, otherwise that's a serious fucking scam to get people subscribing to the pokemon bank app which is fucked up. I'm not even done with the game yet and I've already got 6.5 boxes full thanks to wonder trading.
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Oct 30th, 2015 @ 7:00am

How are there not like 100 boxes at this point. I have crazy sorting methods that need to be upheld.
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Oct 30th, 2015 @ 7:17am

Never mind, I solved the mystery. You need to have one poke in each box and then it expands and you get more. I think it worked like that in a previous game too. I have 15 boxes now.

Maybe when Z comes out I'll finally get back into a Pokemon game during its zeitgeist and try to complete a dex. That's been too long coming.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Oct 30th, 2015 @ 7:48pm

Someone just Wonder Traded me a shiny pancham with the nickname Monokuma, which is that fucking stupid bear from that weeb murder game Rodney likes.
LiQuid

Postby DarthEnder » Oct 31st, 2015 @ 9:38am

CrossXhunteR wrote:How are there not like 100 boxes at this point. I have crazy sorting methods that need to be upheld.
Then you need to use the Pokemon Bank. Which gives you exactly 100 boxes.

LiQuid wrote:Maybe when Z comes out I'll finally get back into a Pokemon game during its zeitgeist and try to complete a dex. That's been too long coming.
It's an amazing experience until the moment you tell someone else, and then the look on their face saps the sense of accomplishment from it.

Then you go to the internet instead where you can't see faces!

And when you DO complete the National Pokedex, you get a charm that doubles your chances of finding a shiny! So from nothing to double nothing!

I think I've found maybe one shiney in all my time playing the series. A Donphan in Gold. I do have a handful though. Some were event Pokemon, and others I traded for with extra Legendaries.
DarthEnder

Postby kenzo » Oct 31st, 2015 @ 3:53pm

Pokemon is for babies
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Nov 1st, 2015 @ 7:39am

Came so close to sweeping the entire Pokemon League with just my Goodra but he got one shot by Diantha's bullshit mega Gardevoir. :(
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Nov 1st, 2015 @ 7:44am

Holy shit this bum getting reunited with his 3,000 year old Floette I'm actually dying. :lol:
LiQuid

Postby DarthEnder » Nov 4th, 2015 @ 12:57am

LiQuid wrote:Holy shit this bum getting reunited with his 3,000 year old Floette I'm actually dying.
Srz plot is Srz bznz.
DarthEnder

Postby LiQuid » Nov 19th, 2016 @ 7:09am

Only played for a couple hours but the new gen games seem really good so far

https://discord.gg/WD6rFvr
LiQuid

Postby DarthEnder » Nov 29th, 2016 @ 1:17am

Goddamnit. I wasted a bunch of time with a male Salandit in my party only to find out that only females evolve into Salazzles.

I had to go back and catch another one and now it's 20 levels below the rest of my party...

Anyway, I hate Pokemon with Alola forms. I'm pretty OCD about my Pokemon collection. I like my boxes organized by numbers, with every Pokemon sitting in it's proper Pokedex number spot.

Alolan forms are, for all intents an purposes, totally new Pokemon. They look different. They have completely different moves. And are even different TYPES. There's no reason these Pokemon could not have been new or alternate evolutions.

But because Nintendo wants to stoke people's nostalgia, these new Pokemon share names and, frustratingly, Pokedex numbers with the old Pokemon. So I'm going to have to set aside a completely separate box for these reject Alolans.

Also, I miss Super Training from X/Y soooooo much. EV training is pretty much back to the way it used to be, and it used to suck.
DarthEnder

Postby DarthEnder » Dec 2nd, 2016 @ 4:31am

Alright, my party for this game is all fully evolved at this point. I'm using,

Decidueye (Grass/Ghost)
Raichu (Electric/Psychic)
Sandslash (Ice/Steel)
Golisopod (Water/Bug)
Salazzle (Fire/Poison)
Kommo-o (Dragon/Fighting)
DarthEnder

Postby DarthEnder » Jan 30th, 2017 @ 1:02am

Pokemon Bank finally updated to work with Sun/Moon last week.

Blew through Sun for the last few Legendaries/UBs I needed.

Living Pokedex once again complete at 801!
DarthEnder

Previous
Forum Statistics