Wherein we discuss digital pixels and polygons, directed by handheld input devices.

Re: Official Geekbox Mumble Server

Postby LiQuid » Sep 20th, 2015 @ 9:30am

You people are actually ridiculous and make me sick frankly. I actually wish there was a way I could spoil everything that will ever happen in every medium to every person on the planet. If we're getting genie wishes or selecting super powers, I want that to be mine.
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Sep 20th, 2015 @ 9:33am

It also didn't solve the issue I was having. Good thing I already had been spoiled on that entire gameplay system before it was brought up yesterday.
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Sep 20th, 2015 @ 9:36am

Like, fucking seriously tho, how can you be spoiled on a gameplay system? Were you surprised to find that the game had guns when you booted it up for the first time?
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Sep 20th, 2015 @ 9:39am

From what I've heard this game has dozens of interesting but non-essential and completely missable interactions between a lot of its moving parts. Do you consider learning any of these a spoiler? You could literally play the entire game for dozens of hours and not see something. Back in the day these types of easter eggs were what made the discourse surrounding the zeitgeist of a game's release interesting. It's also really fucking rare for a game to allow that type of discussion in this day and age where most games are either stock standard open worlds full of samey mechanics or unremarkable corridor shooters. If I were playing this game right now I would be reveling in the zeitgeist, not hiding from it like some scared fucking pansy.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Sep 20th, 2015 @ 1:27pm

Yeah, I give up. It's pretty shitty when all you want to do is talk about the new shiny with your friends, and you get told you're a horrible person just for wanting/trying to talk to them about it.

RIP MGS5

On the surface you're Peace Walker 2, but in actuality you're anti-PW2; because that game I could play with my friends and enjoy talking with them about it, and this one is the complete polar opposite.
kenzo

Postby Jenn04 » Sep 20th, 2015 @ 1:28pm

Oh cool; so no one would care if I posted the ending on Discord?
Jenn04

Postby Jenn04 » Sep 20th, 2015 @ 1:30pm

For real though, I really want to talk about it but I might just keep it contained to Steam or private DMs. I just don't like discussing that stuff with faggotry going on in the background.
Jenn04

Postby kenzo » Sep 20th, 2015 @ 2:16pm

Jenn04 wrote:Oh cool; so no one would care if I posted the ending on Discord?
Jenn04 wrote:For real though, I really want to talk about it but I might just keep it contained to Steam or private DMs. I just don't like discussing that stuff with faggotry going on in the background.
I have no words for this. I'm actually ridiculously sad right now.
kenzo

Postby CrossXhunteR » Sep 20th, 2015 @ 3:24pm

Why?
CrossXhunteR

Postby Jenn04 » Sep 20th, 2015 @ 3:45pm

kenzo wrote:
Jenn04 wrote:Oh cool; so no one would care if I posted the ending on Discord?
Jenn04 wrote:For real though, I really want to talk about it but I might just keep it contained to Steam or private DMs. I just don't like discussing that stuff with faggotry going on in the background.
I have no words for this. I'm actually ridiculously sad right now.

LOL! Aww, Kenzo, that last post wasn't targeted at you. You're a cool dude!
Jenn04

Postby dakazu » Sep 20th, 2015 @ 4:37pm

I'm pretty sure he's talking about your choice of words
dakazu

Postby Jenn04 » Sep 20th, 2015 @ 4:42pm

Of all the borrowed 4chanisms THAT's the tipping point?
Jenn04

Postby dakazu » Sep 20th, 2015 @ 10:29pm

MGSV is a game where people are looking forward to the story and surprise. It's not like Bloodborne or Dark Souls where you can talk about gameplay moments casually because a lot of that stuff in MGSV is tied with story elements.

Sorry that you want to talk about stuff but I won't talk about that kinda stuff over Vchat when others are sensitive to that stuff.

Liquid could make a spoiler channel but that probably goes against every fiber of his being.
dakazu

Postby LiQuid » Sep 20th, 2015 @ 10:38pm

Nobody'd use it, like the rest of my well thought out channels.
LiQuid

Postby dakazu » Sep 21st, 2015 @ 12:43am

You made a channel to bitch about Bryce :lol:

On mumble people would use the spoiler channel and people would know not to bother them. Having shared chat, persistent history, and a preview makes spoilers easier in Discord. Also shitposting
dakazu

Postby LiQuid » Sep 21st, 2015 @ 1:02am

That's the joke. I just took all the shitposting people were doing and tried to make a separate channel for it but they've been ignored. People just wanna shitpost in the general chat. All of those separate channels, save #lewd, are likely going to be deleted. The "shared chat" is only shared in as much as people are always in the general chat. If actual spoiler shit went into an actual spoiler channel people could opt to never look at it.

It should be noted again that nobody is actually going out of their way to spoil anything. People are just being sensitive to any/all discussion about the game. Ex got buttmad over some memes that lightningbolt posted that (from what I can tell from my limited research) pertained to a widely known/ridiculed line from Ground Zeroes, which came out like a zillion years ago SPOILARZ FOR GROUND ZEROES IF UR STILL SUPER LATE TO THAT PARTY. Cross got buttmad over kenzo mentioning a weapon or item that existed somewhere earlier in the game that has some marginal gameplay repercussion. I never know whether or not I can trust Cross anyways since he's such a bitchy little instigating cunt 99.9% of the time. I can't tell if he's being genuine or not when he cries wolf over what sounds to me like trivial bullshit. This is the guy that went on a 3 forum page tirade about switching VOIP clients for fucks sake.
LiQuid

Postby Jenn04 » Sep 21st, 2015 @ 7:56am

dakazu wrote:Having shared chat, persistent history, and a preview makes spoilers easier in Discord. Also shitposting

But people here are pretty good about spoilers anyway.

I mean if it involves pictures, just turn off images in settings. Remember when you told me to do that about the titty pictures? Remember?
Jenn04

Postby CrossXhunteR » Sep 21st, 2015 @ 8:18am

I still wish there was a way when posting images to have them hide under a spoiler/nsfw tag, similar to 4chan. That way I could post something to the general chat that you would have to click through to see.

Maybe I'll email the Discord people some day with all of my feature requests.
CrossXhunteR

Postby Mr_eX » Sep 21st, 2015 @ 6:02pm

Seems like mumble is better than discord
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby dakazu » Sep 21st, 2015 @ 7:30pm

Discord isn't bad, it's the people that make it bad :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
dakazu

Postby LiQuid » Oct 15th, 2015 @ 3:35am

Discord has options to show user groups now, so you can clearly see that I am the sole administrator of our server and genuflect accordingly. I've also crowned some mods for the server officially. The proud few are: Kenzo, Konanda and Mr_eX. I've notably snubbed people like Dakazu, who has proven himself to be arguably the most immature among us, especially for being one of our eldest, and CrossXhunteR because he is a Discord hater and doesn't deserve power. If anybody else feels like those bequeathed with this great honor were done so unjustly, or yourself feels unfairly passed over, please feel free to plead your case for consideration and/or lulz.
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Oct 15th, 2015 @ 5:02am

Eh, I don't mind.
The weirdest power that mods have is the fact that they can deafen people.
CrossXhunteR

Postby dakazu » Oct 15th, 2015 @ 9:55am

:lol:
Like Cross says, I give zero fucks
dakazu

Postby CrossXhunteR » Oct 30th, 2015 @ 3:00pm

I don't know if it is because of the roles set up in the server, but after leaving the server i can no longer get back into the text or voice channels. Vagrant AI alerted me to him having the same issue, so I decided to test it myself. I'm now fucked.
CrossXhunteR

Postby kenzo » Oct 30th, 2015 @ 3:57pm

Your shit been fixed, Cross. LiQuid's setup is kinda weird, where the default users don't get to do anything, and you have to be added to the 'plebs' role to send msgs and chat. I don't know why you slipped to being a not-pleb. I think we should probably change that so at the very least, new people can voice chat and/or send text messages - the bare minimum.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Oct 30th, 2015 @ 5:10pm

The reason why default/newly joined members couldn't do anything is so that I had the ability to revoke people's ability to do anything by adding them to the "stfu" role, like I was doing with Lightninbolt before. I'd change it back but I think having the ability to troll Lightninbolt is too precious.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Oct 30th, 2015 @ 5:11pm

Also I love how Cross's solution to someone else not being able to do shit as a newly joined member was to leave the server and become a newly joined member. We really are dealing with a new breed of idiot lately.
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Oct 30th, 2015 @ 5:32pm

If new people can't just join and chat, what's the point of having me post that announcement on the steam group? Its like you want the community to die faster than it already is.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby CrossXhunteR » Oct 30th, 2015 @ 6:37pm

Since I never leave the server, I didn't know what would happen. I didn't know if I would keep my role or not.

eX, I'm pretty sure this was an unintentional side effect. Please get over it. It probably wasn't him purposefully keeping people out of the server.
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Oct 30th, 2015 @ 6:44pm

Mr_eX wrote:If new people can't just join and chat, what's the point of having me post that announcement on the steam group? Its like you want the community to die faster than it already is.

To be fair, the community isn't dying, it's stagnating. None of us idiots are ever going anywhere.
LiQuid

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics