Wherein we discuss digital pixels and polygons, directed by handheld input devices.

Re: Dark Souls 2

Postby LiQuid » Feb 10th, 2016 @ 1:51am

Started up DS2 again. Holy shit did Dragon's Dogma make me so shitty at Dark Souls. Spent a long time just getting used to the controls again. It took me like a full week to get used to hitting B in order to interact/activate shit in DD and now I keep hitting B to do shit in DS and it's making me dodge roll and back step all over the place like an idiot.

Anyways, after beating my head against it for a while I managed to dumb luck my way thru the part in Shrine of Amana I had been stuck on. Got to the third bonfire and killed Demon of Song. Dunno where I'm supposed to go now since my memory is shit, but I'll figure it out. Just feeling good about the fact that I got past that fucking shithole. The quest to S-rank DS2 is back on.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » May 18th, 2016 @ 9:57am

After looking at a checklist of all the spells in the game I finally figured out which ones I was missing to get my last remaining achievements in the game. Over the last two days have been grinding a few of them out. This included:

1. Gaining entrance to and going pretty deep into Shulva to get one of the DLC spells I'd missed my first time thru. You may remember this was the most annoying of the DLC areas for me to traverse. Prior knowledge of the area only made it SLIGHTLY less of a pain in the ass to traverse the 2nd time. I swear I'm never going back to those DLC areas again. ESPECIALLY Shulva.

2. Killing the 4 Falconers at the very starting point of the game in Things Betwixt to farm 30 sunlight medals. I would have done this legitimately via offering myself to co-op to kill bosses except that my soul level is so high that there's nobody matchmaking.

3. Going into offline mode and killing a rare spawn "invader" NPC in Belfry Luna 20 times to max out the bell keeper faction.

Those last two things took multiple hours each. Monotonous BULLSHIT, but they're both done. Now the only thing I need to do is play thru NG++ far enough to get to Dranglaic Castle so I can buy the final 3 spells off that merchant dude and I should finally be done.

I can't acknowledge enough how pointless Steam achievements are, but I have this fucking awful compulsion to "complete" DS2 before I play 3. This was a long time coming, but I'm actually going to do it.
LiQuid

Postby dakazu » May 18th, 2016 @ 10:02pm

You're gonna have a REAL fun time getting the achievements for DS3...
dakazu

Postby LiQuid » May 18th, 2016 @ 11:36pm

Why do you say that? I looked at them and they seem like standard Souls achievements.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » May 19th, 2016 @ 8:25am

Still kinda makes me feel good to accomplish something that only 1.8% of all people that own SotFS on Steam have accomplished.

LiQuid

Postby dakazu » May 19th, 2016 @ 11:43am

LiQuid wrote:Why do you say that? I looked at them and they seem like standard Souls achievements.

Unless you save scum you'll have to beat the game 4 times to get every ending
dakazu

Postby LiQuid » May 19th, 2016 @ 6:00pm

I think I have beaten Dark Souls 1 and 2 over 4 times each. No problem.
LiQuid

Previous
Forum Statistics