Wherein we discuss digital pixels and polygons, directed by handheld input devices.

Re: Monster Hunter - Let's Hun Some Mons

Postby LiQuid » Oct 6th, 2015 @ 3:17pm

I don't think savage joes can show up in GQs. I've been delivering meat repeatedly trying to get one to show up on an expedition and so far no dice
LiQuid

Postby Jenn04 » Oct 6th, 2015 @ 3:26pm

Yeah, you're right - looks like it's rare expeditions only :(

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/762804-monster-hunter-4-ultimate/71408359

EDIT - And an event quest? Not sure if it's out yet? Maybe next month. DLC preventing progression is so dumb and should die.
Jenn04

Postby LiQuid » Oct 6th, 2015 @ 9:29pm

Spend the entire day on and off turning in meat to try and get Joe to show up in an expedition.

Finally get him, put together a set specifically to fight him with evade skills, HGP, tremor res, S+1, equip my thunder axe and get to it.

Fight him for about a half hour, get him super weak, then he runs away. Fuck.

Reset DS, realize I forgot to save my game after I put that armor set together so I have to build it from scratch.

This time I take IG.

He still kills me 4 times, but I finally beat him after a lot of getting 70% of my HP lost to a single dragon breath and having to retreat to heal and nulberry.

Get 0 of the 2 fangs I need off his body carves (10% per)

Get 1 of the 2 fangs I need off the break rewards.

Now I get to do the entire thing over again to get the 2nd fang.

Hope to hell I never feel like making the Esurient set which requires fucking EIGHT of those things.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Oct 6th, 2015 @ 10:29pm

You still get break rewards even if you don't kill the monster!

2nd attempt against Joe was actually impossible. The expedition I lucked into had both the Joe and a garuga in the same area and the garuga was immune to dung. I died like 10 times and fought him long enough for him to run away but I decided to finish the expedition anyways and found my 2nd fang in the box. Thank christ.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Oct 8th, 2015 @ 10:30am

I dunno how the urge came over me but I just randomly decided to try and solo my level 121 oroshi GQ. I didn't come prepared in the slightest. I had my HG plug set on with a water switch axe. Almost exactly 34 minutes, 6 first aid med+, 3 EZ max potions, 2 regular-ass max potions, 3 lifepowders and 20 mega potions later, that fucking unicorn lay dead at my feet. I almost couldn't believe it when I struck the final blow. I'd reserved myself to death after I popped my last potion and was down to about 30% HP with no carts remaining and both of my cats were dead. It was him or me, literally down to one final hit. I don't think I'll ever be one of those crazies that can solo 2x140 rajang GQs without so much as a scratch on em, but I feel like I tackled a pretty substantial nemesis just now. Felt pretty cool.
LiQuid

Postby Jenn04 » Oct 9th, 2015 @ 7:47am

Nice work! Couldn't imagine soloing that, nevermind surviving it - Master's Test was enough solo frustration for me! I've come to accept that I'll never be as pro as that, or the people who solo all those Rajangs. Not worth the pain. No thank you!

I put together that Bai Bai Kaiser set. It's pretty awesome! I gemmed almost identical to the video except I put in Evade Dist instead of Evasion+. With the Black Fata GS it's pretty crazy, and it looks nice for a mixed set! I might stick with it for a bit. Never really used GS much before, except for a few times in the first MonHun lol!
Jenn04

Postby LiQuid » Oct 12th, 2015 @ 8:37am

LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Oct 12th, 2015 @ 8:48am

LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Nov 6th, 2015 @ 10:01am

Finally multiplayer savage Joes

LiQuid

Postby Jenn04 » Nov 6th, 2015 @ 1:13pm

GX Fatalis set awww yiss -- I'll have to grind for it when FFXIV is down next week.
Jenn04

Postby CrossXhunteR » Nov 9th, 2015 @ 9:57am

New Monster Hunter X trailer showing off more hunting arts among other things.
CrossXhunteR

Postby CrossXhunteR » May 12th, 2016 @ 8:30am

July 15th for Generations.
CrossXhunteR

Postby Jenn04 » May 12th, 2016 @ 9:03am

But aren't you guys not getting it because it's too ez?
Jenn04

Postby LiQuid » Jun 30th, 2016 @ 10:29am

MHX demo available now for everybody. Went on a couple solo hunts. First was aerial switch axe against the maccao. This guy was a mega chump but it was good to try out aerial SA against a chump monster cause that shit was fuuuuuuuuuuuuun. Oh my. They switched a couple of the button combos to do some of the moves and removed certain moves in certain styles, so that'll take some getting used to, but I feel like aerial SA had most of the stuff I wanted and jumping around on monsters is awesome.

2nd hunt I did was adept bow against Malfestio. I almost ran out of time (25 min limit) on this guy because I forgot about stupid power shots because it had been a long ass time since I bow'd in MH. Still managed to beat him after the 5 minute warning without too much hassle. The confusion stuff is a bad mechanic that I really dislike in every game that has it, but it's even worse here because naturally your camera moves around a lot while moving, so even if you know what direction you want to move in to get away from the monster, sometimes the camera has other ideas and you end up changing direction. They give you some bitterbugs to break out of it but honestly my cats were doing a pretty good job of kicking me out of it.

They don't let you customize the bottom screen that I can see and the 3 hunter arts takes up the entire right half of it (map + monster targeting is the other half) even if you're in a style that only uses 1 or 2 of them. So no item shortcuts and no way to ping. Not a huge deal for the demo but I kinda rely on those things a lot so I hope there's a way to fit everything on there somehow but I'm not super hopeful. I see that there's a circle pad pro option to use the L/R buttons as additional buttons to use the arts, but I'm too used to just using them as a replacement for the tiny/shitty 3DS L/R buttons for targeting and cycling my items, so I dunno if that'll be viable to me.

Gonna do more hunts and try out some other weapons. If you guys wanna team up and fight some nargacuga later lemme know.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Jun 30th, 2016 @ 5:15pm

Great Maccao (and the rest of the minor wyverns) got some sick new Arabian jamz in MHX.

LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Jul 24th, 2016 @ 1:40am

LiQuid wrote:MHX actually sounds really stupid IMO. I don't like anything about the selectable fighting styles and playing as a cat is going to ruin online.

Everything turned out better than expected!
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Jul 24th, 2016 @ 9:02am

Yesterday while fighting a Malfestio me and Cross managed to stack paralyze and KO, on top of him already being downed from a mount, all within the span of literally 2 seconds. It was like, successful mount, very next hit para, very next hit KO. Wasted so much CC duration but that shit was hilarious. SnS coatings are absolutely busted. Cross using a para weapon along with the KO coatings and me using horn to exhaust + KO made most of the shit we killed a total joke.
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Jul 24th, 2016 @ 9:57am

Yeah, it was truly a savage hunt. It wasn't until later game in MH4U that I started stacking CC with my para charge blade, but this game I got a pretty good para sword early. CC trivializes a lot of fights, since you can stack it so hard.
CrossXhunteR

Previous
Forum Statistics