Wherein we discuss digital pixels and polygons, directed by handheld input devices.

Re: Monster Hunter - Let's Hun Some Mons

Postby LiQuid » Sep 29th, 2015 @ 8:06am

Need 6 amatsu tickets for the entire Tempest set.

First Gogma clear, get 2 amatsu tickets.

Oh you get two per quest! This is going to be easy, I say.

Second Gogma clear, get 2 amatsu tickets.

Third Gogma clear, get 1 amatsu ticket.

LiQuid

Postby Jenn04 » Sep 29th, 2015 @ 2:21pm

I just need one more wing from him before I can make the whole set. Just... one more...!

Once I have it I have a really good charm that'll get me fast charge. Then we can DB all day erry day.
(This set is also FANTASTIC for evade lancing)
Jenn04

Postby kenzo » Sep 29th, 2015 @ 2:29pm

LiQuid wrote:Need 6 amatsu tickets for the entire Tempest set.

Kinda can't wait for you to finally clear the Central Dogma
kenzo

Postby Jenn04 » Sep 29th, 2015 @ 2:31pm

kenzo wrote:
LiQuid wrote:Need 6 amatsu tickets for the entire Tempest set.

Kinda can't wait for you to finally clear the Central Dogma

CONGRATULATIONS, LIQUID
Jenn04

Postby LiQuid » Sep 29th, 2015 @ 7:04pm

I don't really need the full set, I just want it for completion sake and because a lot of the AASS armor combinations I've been trying to achieve require some parts of it. Aside from just the ticket, while making the set I kept finding that I need other stupid drops to finish it too, specifically a zinogre skyemerald and a s.zin skyemerald. So I need to farm yet another one of those god damned stygian rares in order to finish it, in addition to having to complete that awful Gog fight with inept Brians. I already got enough of the set complete to make the evasion set I wanted:

I'll finish the rest of it later. Adding it to the ever expanding list of incomplete armor sets I need to complete some day
LiQuid

Postby Jenn04 » Sep 29th, 2015 @ 10:14pm

Wait, which Gog fight? Act Of Gog? You poor soul :(
Jenn04

Postby LiQuid » Sep 29th, 2015 @ 10:50pm

Bombs Over Gog. The one where he starts out in his 2nd form enrage mode, has a ton of fucking HP, hates standing near the dragonator, flies and rains down beams of fire vomit every five seconds.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Sep 30th, 2015 @ 6:16am

LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Sep 30th, 2015 @ 6:59am

What is that from?
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Sep 30th, 2015 @ 7:57am

It's so disappointing how many times, over the course of farming the Bombs over Gog event quest, I've come so close to finishing it, when Gog starts getting pissed and the music starts getting all heroic like you're about to finally win after 20+ minutes of white knuckle fighting, and then like fucking clockwork, without fail one of the pubs will fucking eat a fucking lazer to the face ending in another failure. This has happened to me at least 15-20 times over the course of the last 3 days. I've done this quest so, so many times and have only beaten it 3 times so far. I've gotten so good at superman diving thru all Gog's bullshit one hit KO nonsense I could count the number of times I've carted during all this farming on one hand. The only time I ever cart is when he really quickly goes from being on the ground to flying and lazoring in the span of a few seconds, so I'll get caught with my weapon out and won't be able to superman dive thru it, or when he shoots his horizontal oil lazer and I'll be up on the battlement and I won't be able to see it coming up thru the ground. I don't mind this fight as much as some of the other "set piece" fights in this game like akantor and motherfucking dalamadur, but fucking CHRIST the pubs are so fucking bad at this shit it drives me fucking insane.
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Sep 30th, 2015 @ 8:12am

I don't mind Gog or Akantor. I don't really feel like they are set piece fights, like Dalamadur or Mohran, or Lao Shan Lung and Shen Gaoran from older games. They may be gig monsters in a specific arena, but the fights seem like actual fights, not just dps checks. Gog feels a bit like a dps check, because mount spamming is so effective against him.
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Sep 30th, 2015 @ 8:29am

I don't think any of those fights count as DPS checks. I don't think you know what a DPS check is.

They're all relatively stationary, shitty, fatmonsters that are just begging to be cheesed by mounts. Any monster fought in a big circular room that doesn't have the capability of running and sleeping is shit in my opinion. Any monster that has a bullshit, 1 hit KO attack that's technically dodgable but designed to insta-fail if you're unlucky or just have noobs in the party is shit in my opinion. Gog and Akantor are two of the worst offenders on that latter point.
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Sep 30th, 2015 @ 8:39am

So is Raging Brachydios shit? Molten Tigrex? Silver or Gold Rath? Shagaru Magala?
You can survive a lot of the OHKO stuff, you just need really high def and/or resistances. I survived akantor beams, gog explosions, and dalamadur beams. They just hurt a whole lot.
CrossXhunteR

Postby Jenn04 » Sep 30th, 2015 @ 10:55am

LiQuid wrote:Bombs Over Gog. The one where he starts out in his 2nd form enrage mode, has a ton of fucking HP, hates standing near the dragonator, flies and rains down beams of fire vomit every five seconds.

Oh whoops, that's the one I meant. Most of the capable people who ran that did it before the dlc was even out, I got a few tickets that way but yeah with Brians it is almost the ultimate test in patience.

CrossXhunteR wrote:So is Raging Brachydios shit? Molten Tigrex? Silver or Gold Rath? Shagaru Magala?
You can survive a lot of the OHKO stuff, you just need really high def and/or resistances. I survived akantor beams, gog explosions, and dalamadur beams. They just hurt a whole lot.

EDIT - Wait I totally misread everything; that's what I get for posting at work.

I kind of agree with Liquid, all the mon fights you fight in a single room are kinda boring after a while - it's just you and the monster; no running from area to area to track it, to trash mobs to make your life difficult, it's just you and him in one area. I don't think they're shit, but they are just you hitting an HP sponge for a half hour or so. It's fun for the spectacle, esp. if the monster is huge like Dalamadur, Lao, Gaoren, Yama Tsukami, or Ceadeus, but grinding it is such a pain.

This Gog is the biggest PITA of all. He doesn't drop any unique parts or anything, they literally just adjusted his stats to insane numbers, and he's more privy to spam cheap abilities. Unlike those monsters or the fatalises and even the Shah Dalamadurs, you cannot survive most of his attacks, even with high res, max def, and buffs from items & horns. You can't compare the Gog from this event quest to those other mons at all.
Jenn04

Postby CrossXhunteR » Sep 30th, 2015 @ 11:22am

I want to see you original post pre-edit. What did you say?

I like arena fights, specifically so all those other annoyances aren't around. They are only bad when it is a super damage sponge like Gog, who took us like 18 minutes the first time with 4 people. When we 4 man the other arena monsters, like M. Tigrex, it usually between 4-6 minute hunts.

I guess I just like fighting the monster more than you guys. Maybe because I am so much more HAM than you. Maybe.
CrossXhunteR

Postby Jenn04 » Sep 30th, 2015 @ 1:02pm

CrossXhunteR wrote:I want to see you original post pre-edit. What did you say?

Nothing relevant. Just info about Gog.

CrossXhunteR wrote:I like arena fights, specifically so all those other annoyances aren't around. They are only bad when it is a super damage sponge like Gog, who took us like 18 minutes the first time with 4 people. When we 4 man the other arena monsters, like M. Tigrex, it usually between 4-6 minute hunts.

Right; I don't have a problem with arena fights with the likes of M.Tigrex, but they just aren't as fun to play over and over. I like hunting around for monsters in big areas or, if they're in one arena, I like hunting something HUGE -- but again, grinding hp sponges is very annoying over time. Hunting a subspecies of a normal mon in an enclosed area was never for me, even in Unite with endless Silver / Gold Rath farms, or in 3 when farming Abyssal Lagi in that one huge underwater room, or in 3U with Dire Miralis on the beach (hp sponge but it's a boring fight). It's just not for me, but I'll do it for parts if I have to.

CrossXhunteR wrote:I guess I just like fighting the monster more than you guys. Maybe because I am so much more HAM than you. Maybe.

MUH MONHUN PRIDE OH NO
Jenn04

Postby LiQuid » Sep 30th, 2015 @ 2:38pm

I tried to take my horn into one of the Gog fights to see if I could buff the brians enough so that they didn't die in one hit. The horn's defense up L+bonus gives something mental like 150 extra defense and they still fucking died repeatedly. Plus it had negate stamina use and negate stun, so there's like no fucking excuse for not being able to dodge shit. That hammer's damage was shit against Gog too, along with the two worthless CB users and the bow guy that manned cannons the entire fight but rarely ever even hit with them. The easiest Gog kills I've experienced is when I've used my sick ass dragon DBs and had one or two people using IG knocking him down for me so I could get at his head repeatedly. More often than not tho if I don't IG that fucker ain't getting mounted.

And yes, to all of your questions above about all those arena monsters being shit. Raging brachy, molten tiggy, etc. They're shit because the arenas are shit. Take away all the inter-area movement and elevation that exists in all the regular areas and the monsters just aren't as fun to fight. Molten tigrex is a really fast hunt with 3-4 good hunters and he dies fast, but he's still a bullshit, cheap motherfucking move spammer that cheeses his way to kills because there's no place to hide from his bullshit.

I feel the same way about guild quests a lot of the time. Sometimes you get lucky and get a guild quest where the monster is fought primarily in areas with lots of wacky terrain, but more often than not you're just fighting monsters in GQ's in wide open areas. That shit's just not fun to me. I want to be able to maneuver around crazy terrain and have walls I can yolojump off of for spectacular mounts.
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Sep 30th, 2015 @ 7:26pm

Bombs over Gog didn't seem too bad.
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Sep 30th, 2015 @ 8:24pm

I mean, we were a cart away from failing it, and you were even one of the deaths... We beat it, which is better than 90% of my attempts with the brians, so there's that, but even thru your over inflated ego you have to be able to recognize how it'd be hard to accomplish that hunt with randoms...
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Oct 1st, 2015 @ 3:14am

My death was so late that you guys finished him off before I returned to the area. Also, the explosion laser will apparently kill you through moxie, since it applies fire damage. I would need to practice more to figure out when to superman dive that thing. I thought I would have dodged the explosion, wither by diving or just being far enough away. Turns out it still hit me. Would have just used my farcaster to dodge it, but I blew it earlier in the fight since I had to find my charger and plug in my 3DS.

Getting his tail off early really helped.

Does Dust of Life heal everyone to full hp?
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Oct 2nd, 2015 @ 4:56am

GX Hunter set finally!

Still no G-rank Dalamadur... I guess they're saving that for the last one. Gonna be weird not having DLC coming out after next month.

ed: never mind, G-rank Dala is out.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Oct 2nd, 2015 @ 5:28am

CrossXhunteR wrote:Does Dust of Life heal everyone to full hp?

From a freshly proc'd moxie it healed me to about 90% hp
LiQuid

Postby Jenn04 » Oct 2nd, 2015 @ 8:21am

LiQuid wrote:GX Hunter set finally!

Still no G-rank Dalamadur... I guess they're saving that for the last one. Gonna be weird not having DLC coming out after next month.

ed: never mind, G-rank Dala is out.

FINALLYYYY GX Hunter
And FINALLYYYYYY Dalamadur. My weapons can finally be upgraded now. :D
Jenn04

Postby LiQuid » Oct 2nd, 2015 @ 8:55am

Charge blade is so fucking stupid
LiQuid

Postby Jenn04 » Oct 2nd, 2015 @ 9:03am

No it's not. Git gud.

Can't wait for next month's DLC, yay GX Crimson Fatty! :D
Jenn04

Postby LiQuid » Oct 2nd, 2015 @ 9:23am

Trying to hunt with you but your room is full.

Charge blade is so fucking stupid.
LiQuid

Postby Jenn04 » Oct 2nd, 2015 @ 10:03am

Was farming for the one dumb wing I needed for GX Tempest. It looks pretty and is all flowy.

Whatever man, when you git gud and know how CB works you'll love it. It hits really hard. It's like SnS and Swaxe mixed together.
Jenn04

Postby LiQuid » Oct 2nd, 2015 @ 10:19am

Too many dumb meters to fill up. It's shit.
LiQuid

Postby Jenn04 » Oct 2nd, 2015 @ 10:23am

LiQuid wrote:Too many dumb meters to fill up. It's shit.

It has 2.
Jenn04

Postby LiQuid » Oct 2nd, 2015 @ 10:45am

That's literally 2 more than most of the other weapons.
LiQuid

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics