Wherein we discuss digital pixels and polygons, directed by handheld input devices.

Re: Monster Hunter - Let's Hun Some Mons

Postby Jenn04 » Jul 29th, 2015 @ 4:11am

It only unlocks a couple at 10-stars, but I think in order to get them you need to hit G Rank in MP. Otherwise single player has most other HR mons, but they have way less HP, attack, and defense.
Jenn04

Postby CrossXhunteR » Jul 29th, 2015 @ 4:55am

Man, back in my day of playing MonHun on PSP, I had no online. Went through High and G-Rank by myself. I think you only had 1 cat in that game too.

So happy with how hard we were working most high rank monsters yesterday, especially Azure Rathalos. After grinding out the pain in the ass that was Pink Rathian for so long, I much prefer Azure's patterns.

I think I might make a bowgun sometime soon, since I don't look forward to fighting Black Gravios.
CrossXhunteR

Postby Jenn04 » Jul 29th, 2015 @ 2:24pm

The PS2 game only had you by yourself, no cat helpers, and no gems or decorations to give you skills - you only would get skills from certain matching armor sets and that's it.

In the PSP games, and 3U, the monsters scaled based on how many people were with you, so soloing was way easier.

HR hunting was fun yesterday! I got a "Found many Rubies" achievement after our hunts, thanks! Rathian is definitely a bigger PITA than Rathalos, the constant tail flipping's the worst!

Black Grav will be fun, let's beat him today!
Jenn04

Postby LiQuid » Jul 29th, 2015 @ 2:34pm

Any reason at all to keep low rank armor after you hit high rank? I'm basically only keeping most of those old sets for the memories and because I feel bad for sinking so many armor spheres into them, but the more box space I can clean out the better.

Also any advice on cleaning out talismans? I have NO clue what to look for for that makes them good aside from additional decoration slots. I always feel like having not memorized what all the skills are, I'm never gonna know if an otherwise innocuous looking +2/3 to some skill talisman is going to be the difference in getting the skill above a threshold later. I'd just get rid of the more common rarity ones, but even some of those seem to have pretty valuable amounts of skills on them. Like I have 3 or 4 different rarity 2 talismans that have a full +10 to a stat. I wouldn't get rid of those, but even the ones that are +5 to +9 could still be really useful.
LiQuid

Postby Jenn04 » Jul 29th, 2015 @ 3:13pm

I don't think there's really any reason to keep LR armor; I keep all of my sets though, mostly to see how far I came and I just like having them in my box. You get a TON of space so you can easily fit your entire MH wardrobe inside with room to spare.

I keep all my talismans; you can sell ones you find worthless, but! later on you'll get the opportunity to meld talismans and reroll on their rarity and stats - so maybe don't toss the ones that aren't completely worthless just yet.
Jenn04

Postby LiQuid » Jul 29th, 2015 @ 11:04pm

LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Jul 30th, 2015 @ 8:54am

Hunting prospects looking grim for the rest of the week (Dota too). I played thru some harsh pain in one of my fingers last night for like 4-5 hours or however long we played and when I woke up this morning that pain had gotten so severe I can barely move said finger. It's not one of my main button pressing fingers, but it's the main finger I use to hold/support my 3DS. Shit hurts so bad I can't even type with it. Time to take some ibuprofen and take some time off.
LiQuid

Postby Rodney » Jul 30th, 2015 @ 8:59am

LiQuid wrote:Hunting prospects looking grim for the rest of the week (Dota too). I played thru some harsh pain in one of my fingers last night for like 4-5 hours or however long we played and when I woke up this morning that pain had gotten so severe I can barely move said finger. It's not one of my main button pressing fingers, but it's the main finger I use to hold/support my 3DS. Shit hurts so bad I can't even type with it. Time to take some ibuprofen and take some time off.

Yeah, that's probably wise.

Rodney

Postby Jenn04 » Jul 30th, 2015 @ 12:00pm

Okay, get well soon! We'll regroup next week and start the G Rank hunts!
Jenn04

Postby LiQuid » Jul 30th, 2015 @ 1:15pm

I took a handful of ibuprofen and slapped a bag of frozen veggies on it and it feels kinda better... Probably about as bad as it was last night anyways... And I mean, my 3DS is right there. All I gotta do is open it up and I can go hunt some monsters... Think of all the loot I'm not getting while I'm sitting here whining about a little finger pain... It's not even that important of a finger anyways...
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Jul 30th, 2015 @ 3:23pm

Somebody come hunt with me
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Jul 30th, 2015 @ 3:45pm

Make a hall, even if you are doing solo shit so I can just join up.
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Jul 30th, 2015 @ 4:59pm

Cross: I just want to type at this guy and tell him he's a shitter
Me: Hey man, accidents happen
Cross: Yeah, like this guy getting ahold of Monster Hunter
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Jul 30th, 2015 @ 9:37pm

Upgraded 2 of my axes today and I am D E S T I T U T E. Like 9k zenny to my name. You guys, help. I need money farming methods.
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Jul 31st, 2015 @ 5:15am

I'll need to make a bit of money too for various weapons and armor. Probably best to eat for explorer and try for lucky cat and then just go hunt the guys we know are quick/easy. Sell their parts too if you don't need them.
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Jul 31st, 2015 @ 12:17pm

I need some motherfucking help with akantor, people. I keep dying to bullshit in this fight and these pubs aren't strong enough to carry me.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Aug 2nd, 2015 @ 12:32pm

The frenzied brute tigrex I just killed...

LOW RANK

SINGLE PLAYER

Still took me three fucking tries. Like full on, failed the quest and had to re-take it 3 full times and I just barely killed him the third time after 2 faints. What the fuck is up with this god damned monster???

ed: actually, I got high rank drops off of it, so I guess it was a high rank. That explains the damage it was doing at least, but the fact that he was able to infinite chain me from 100% HP to 0% without me being able to take a single action is just fucking stupid.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Aug 3rd, 2015 @ 12:18am

Ok, it's not unlocked in my shop, but this dude does build a switch axe and I want it. Time to go back to farming this guy a little longer.

http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/weapon/swit ... glare-wand
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Aug 3rd, 2015 @ 8:09am

I should not have stayed up until 3am hunning mons last night. Let's' not do that again, k?
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Aug 3rd, 2015 @ 8:10am

At least not unless everybody has access to Midnight Donuts. I felt a little excluded tbh.
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Aug 3rd, 2015 @ 8:14am

Aw, did Jen and Rodney actually get super late donuts? How went the hunting? Farm any rare/good/new stuff?
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Aug 3rd, 2015 @ 8:21am

Yea a got a full set of Chameleos armor now. It looks faggy as shit.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Aug 3rd, 2015 @ 8:22am

I wanna kill some more Chameleoses for sure, for the axe AND cause GAF says that bow ACTUALLY looks like a spell book and wizard wand, and I have to fucking see that!
LiQuid

Postby Jenn04 » Aug 3rd, 2015 @ 8:46am

LiQuid wrote:I wanna kill some more Chameleoses for sure, for the axe AND cause GAF says that bow ACTUALLY looks like a spell book and wizard wand, and I have to fucking see that!

Ohhh ok! The swaxe is like we thought, there was one but you have to make a bone whatever first - I wanna make it too now, actually haha. Yeah, we can farm him for that - or farm the monsters needed for the early tiers too if you need! Then we can resume farming Kushala for this sweet set : http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/armor/head/kushala-glare-x or we could risk it all and go full Teostra already haha http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/armor/chest/kaiser-mail-x (dem sick skills, dat fire resist)

Today's a holiday so I'm free whenever!

re. midnight donuts: MMMMMM
Jenn04

Postby LiQuid » Aug 3rd, 2015 @ 10:48am

There are not enough pictures of Monster Hunter equipment on the internet. It would be irritating if it wasn't so shocking.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Aug 3rd, 2015 @ 12:00pm

I'm kind of surprised that in all those Cham fights we didn't get a single horn break, or at least if we did I didn't get a drop off it. Getting four of those might be tricky.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Aug 3rd, 2015 @ 6:53pm

I was doing a pretty benign, low-G rank multiplayer quest to kill a desert seltas and out of nowhere an apex rajang showed up and killed me in one hit. What the fuck is up with that garbage ass monster?
LiQuid

Postby Jenn04 » Aug 4th, 2015 @ 9:40am

LiQuid wrote:I'm kind of surprised that in all those Cham fights we didn't get a single horn break, or at least if we did I didn't get a drop off it. Getting four of those might be tricky.

We got a horn break every fight (luckily it's way easier to break than his tail)! RNG just wasn't playing nice. :(

LiQuid wrote:I was doing a pretty benign, low-G rank multiplayer quest to kill a desert seltas and out of nowhere an apex rajang showed up and killed me in one hit. What the fuck is up with that garbage ass monster?

SURPRISE! He'll show up occasionally now to mess around and fuck you up.

Rajang is a massive PITA; but he drops really great items and his guild quests give sweet armor spheres. I'm farming him now and it's the WORST.
Last edited by Jenn04 on Aug 4th, 2015 @ 9:42am, edited 1 time in total.
Jenn04

Postby Jenn04 » Aug 4th, 2015 @ 9:41am

PS. Here's the best Monster Hunter video ever:

Jenn04

Postby LiQuid » Aug 4th, 2015 @ 10:01am

What song is that from when they start carving at the end. That is my jam.
LiQuid

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics