Wherein we discuss digital pixels and polygons, directed by handheld input devices.

Re: Fallout 4

Postby LiQuid » Feb 18th, 2016 @ 11:43pm

Stay winning, videogame industry.
LiQuid

Postby svenya » Aug 18th, 2016 @ 10:02pm

Dear Fallout 4 players,

for my master thesis at the University Koblenz-Landau I conduct an interesting study that deals with modifications (“mods”) for Fallout 4, for which I would like to win you (!) as a participant. In particular, I want to identify reasons why players build their own modifications for the game but I am also interested in the opinions of players who have only played modifications.
As a small incentive, I raffle three 20€ Amazon vouchers among all participants.
The survey is aimed at players of Fallout 4, and it takes 8 to 10 minutes. Here is the link:

https://ww2.unipark.de/uc/Hiwi/5573/

Thank you for your participation!

Svenya
svenya

Postby DarthEnder » Aug 20th, 2016 @ 5:24am

Speaking of Fallout 4.

I gotta say, the new settlement things that have been added in the last few expansions, especially the Vault-Tec one, have been great. It's possible to build most things now in a way that they don't look like they're made out of garbage now.

Was especially pleased with the indoor counter-style shops and concrete buildings. So all my settlements don't have to eat out of food carts that won't fit indoors anymore(though many of them still do).

My Sanctuary looks fucking sweet now.

Now I just wish I could build wall and ceiling turrets.
DarthEnder

Postby DarthEnder » Oct 4th, 2016 @ 12:26am

So...I kinda hate Nuka-World.

Spoiler: show
So the premise is that you are in charge of these 3 raider gangs. And they are all straight up raiders. Bad-guys. And the main storyline is you helping them take over the park, then leading them to attack your own settlements back in the Commonwealth.

It's super fucking dumb. And while there is an option to wipe out the gangs, it's basically just a straight kill quest that turns you hostile with most of the named NPCs of note in the expansion. There's no option to turn them against each other to get them to wipe each other out, or to redeem them into not being badguys or anything.

This is a straight up villain expansion. And while you can choose to be the hero, if you do, there's no real story for you to follow.

If there is a thing that is the exact opposite of New Vegas' amazing scenario writing, this is it.
DarthEnder

Postby brooky-geeky » Mar 26th, 2017 @ 10:27am

Say what you wanna say but for me the Fallout 2 is the best.game.ever.
To want to, is to be able to.
brooky-geeky

Previous
Forum Statistics