Wherein we discuss digital pixels and polygons, directed by handheld input devices.

Re: Overwatch

Postby CrossXhunteR » May 25th, 2016 @ 6:27am

I can understand why they don't have it, but I really wish you could change your equipped items mid-match, or at least in the very beginning of the game before the doors open. The same sentiment extends to the inability to open loot boxes while "in-game", even if the round is over.
They probably don't want people futzing with stuff in the game proper, since it can lead to them not actively playing and screwing over the team.

Are there random drops in HOTS similar to this game's loot boxes, or does everything have to be purchased with some form of currency?
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » May 25th, 2016 @ 7:38am

I didn't even realize they had web profiles for this

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/career/ ... uitas-1110
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » May 25th, 2016 @ 7:41am

All the stuff you guys are asking for has been suggested on the forum and a lot of it has been responded to. Just today Kaplan responded to a thread from someone asking for a reward for the weekly brawl the way they do it in Hearthstone and he said they wanted to add that. It might be an extra loot box, or some currency, who knows at this point. Games brand new, give them time.

HotS doesn't have random loot. Just currency that you use to buy heroes. All the other cosmetic shit costs real money.
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » May 25th, 2016 @ 7:54am

Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby darfox8 » May 25th, 2016 @ 9:53am

darfox8 doesn't exist. I might have to log in a activate it or something.

I have not slept so I look forward to some sleep deprived Overwatch.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby CrossXhunteR » May 25th, 2016 @ 9:58am

I think you have to do your full battletag on searches, numbers and all. I had to log in to find me.
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » May 25th, 2016 @ 10:09am

LiQuid

Postby dakazu » May 26th, 2016 @ 1:32am

Fun session of Night Krew with Ryan Scott! When you play with Ryan you never have to worry about not having a healer :lol:
dakazu

Postby LiQuid » May 26th, 2016 @ 1:36am

Too bad we didn't get more Davis and Ryan in the same game so we could have a Highlander duel to see who got to be heal bitch.
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » May 26th, 2016 @ 3:09am

I miss everything apparently.
CrossXhunteR

Postby darfox8 » May 26th, 2016 @ 6:25am

That's what we get for being early bedders.

Also I'm not fond of the term heal bitch or any other derogatory fixture on that name. Maybe I'm going full carebears on you guys now, but Dota was the game you apply derogatory comments and names to very helpful and necessary roles. I don't want Overwatch to be the same. Granted it's not up to you guys since the larger shittier part of the internet will do it for you but it's dumb.

Sleep deprived Overwatch wasn't too bad but I did have quit a few losses there. Maybe I didn't even realize it was affecting me.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby kenzo » May 26th, 2016 @ 6:57am

Man you are so triggered dude. 'Heal sluts' are a pretty typical MMO thing, and has nothing to do with dota. You know I side with you and am pretty PC about most things, but this is pretty innocent/nonsensical stuff.

Gaming with RS was good stuff.

"Hey guys, who should I pick this round?"

(People throw out suggestions)

"Oh, Pick Mercy?" :lol:

The two nights of Night Krew Overwatch has easily been the most entertaining and relaxing Overwatch I've played to date. Sounds like Ryan is super busy ATM, so I wouldn't expect this to happen regularly if ever again though. Still good stuff for one night.
kenzo

Postby Mr_eX » May 26th, 2016 @ 7:32am

Kenzo, you're the first person I've ever heard say heal slut.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Mr_eX » May 26th, 2016 @ 7:34am

dakazu wrote:
Mr_eX wrote:Criticize all you wan want. The biggest problem with the night crew was when you guys refused to play with people you didn't think were good enough.

Night Krew(with a k for karakand, kenzo and dakazu)'s biggest problem was Night Krew.

Also I only mentioned Night Krew because Davis was back and we could be getting a "late night crew"(get it?) to play Overwatch again.

Night Krew started because Davis, Kenzo and I would be up later so we got Liquid and starwats to make a 5 stack that played DOTA games together. That is all.

Should have just called yourselves KKK. It would have been more fitting.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby darfox8 » May 26th, 2016 @ 7:43am

I was talking about "Ward Bitch". Don't know if that has an origin in MMOs as well, but warding being something that benefits the whole team you'd think to call them Ward Sama or some such.
kenzo wrote:You know I side with you and am pretty PC about most things, but this is pretty innocent/nonsensical stuff.

Please remember this post of yours the next time you decide to lecture someone. Cause normally I'm the one who assumes someone is being innocent or facetious, while your the one who feels the need to call them out and shame them. I highly disapprove of the tone the discord server has been on for a while. Very flippant and sexist/racist and shit. I think that stuff can occasionally be funny in a shocking surprising way, but it's just a constant thing that's always there. That's not funny or clever it's just bad judgement. Never really believed you guys were sexist or anything but at the end of the day if your using these derogatory names constantly, and your using words like triggered to dismiss my opinions, then your sexist. You know what I'm saying? You can't talk, act, and think like something without being that thing. Kenzo please practice what you preach. Looking through 4chan, and laughing at their culture, and enjoying it in a vicarious way is one thing. But you're constantly bringing it to our doorstep and pretending it has nothing to do with you. Hell Konanda, an actual factual 4chaner, doesn't drag it's baggage around like you do. If people listen in on the server without knowing us they'd probably assume we were a den of MRA or GG. Act how you be for real.

You used the word "appalling" to describe me being "triggered" by Dakazu's post. I was going to post that before I saw Dakazu's thing. I'm not trying to dismiss Night Crew, that was clearly group of like minded individuals playing together. I don't I was ever around for many of those games to begin with. I'm trying to talk about the game as well, but if I need to talk about this then I'll talk about this too.
darfox8

Postby LiQuid » May 26th, 2016 @ 9:09am

Ward bitch, heal bitch, banana rider, there are many terms to describe someone who plays with the enjoyment and well-being of the group over their own in mind. Why are you trying to PC police us all of a sudden? It's not meant offensively. The healers in Overwatch are some of the most fun to play, as are supports in Dota. I just got done saying about how Davis and Ryan both like playing those roles in Overwatch, it's not like they've been relegated to it because nobody else wants to or because they aren't valued playing other roles... It's what they like.

This thread went from a lot of genuine excitement about an amazing game that's finally come out to you complaining that people were being mean to you while playing to now people using "derogatory" terms while playing.. You're just being a wet blanket. Who gives a shit man, laissez-faire...
LiQuid

Postby Jenn04 » May 26th, 2016 @ 9:13am

They're not being sexist - they're just being dumb on the internet. It's what people on the internet do.
Jenn04

Postby LiQuid » May 26th, 2016 @ 9:15am

I mean, is people (male AND female) calling their friends "bitches" something even exclusive to the internet??? That happens in friend circles all over the world in many different contexts. Thinking the word "bitch" has some taboo gender connotation in the year of our lord 2016 is pretty archaic thinking.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » May 26th, 2016 @ 9:37am

darfox8 wrote:Kenzo please practice what you preach.
Ok. Noted. (Edit: And I don't say that to be flippant or dismissive, I just literally don't have anything else to say. Other than thanks for engaging and trying to hash out your problem.)

darfox8 wrote:You used the word "appalling" to describe me being "triggered" by Dakazu's post.
I mean, eX just likened us to the Klu Klux Klan... :lol:
Last edited by kenzo on May 26th, 2016 @ 9:51am, edited 1 time in total.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » May 26th, 2016 @ 9:45am

darfox8 wrote:If people listen in on the server without knowing us they'd probably assume we were a den of MRA or GG. Act how you be for real.

For all your bellyaching, I can't really argue with this. I hate all the dumb 4 chan/tumblr/twitter garbage that gets posted in the general chat. Make a new chat channel for that. White we're segregating stupid things that people like into separate chats, I motion that all anime discussion, including all your stupid toy robot build shit should just go into the lewd channel. That shit's actually more embarrassing to have littering the general chat than 4chan garbage.
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » May 26th, 2016 @ 9:56am

I'm just worried that all the new people Overwatch brings to the community will be driven away by the toxic behavior you guys displayed with DOTA. I'm bringing it up so you guys can at least attempt to be better about it.

LiQuid wrote:
darfox8 wrote:If people listen in on the server without knowing us they'd probably assume we were a den of MRA or GG. Act how you be for real.

For all your bellyaching, I can't really argue with this. I hate all the dumb 4 chan/tumblr/twitter garbage that gets posted in the general chat. Make a new chat channel for that. White we're segregating stupid things that people like into separate chats, I motion that all anime discussion, including all your stupid toy robot build shit should just go into the lewd channel. That shit's actually more embarrassing to have littering the general chat than 4chan garbage.

I agree
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Jenn04 » May 26th, 2016 @ 10:10am

LiQuid wrote:I mean, is people (male AND female) calling their friends "bitches" something even exclusive to the internet??? That happens in friend circles all over the world in many different contexts. Thinking the word "bitch" has some taboo gender connotation in the year of our lord 2016 is pretty archaic thinking.

Bitches sure, sluts no (at least, ladies don't call eachother sluts or banana riders in an endearing way. LOL!)
Jenn04

Postby darfox8 » May 26th, 2016 @ 10:22am

I understand I have disrupted the thread with etiquette talk. But like I said I feel this is for the best, because I can almost guarantee you this would surface on it's own in due time with far more bitter feelings behind it. And not from me but from literally everyone. We have the Dota thread as an example. It's long and diverse but there's some serious disrespect in some sections.

You can call in game characters and roles bitches or whatever. Especially if your playing with like minded people who also use those terms. I personally think it's not productive and potentially exclusionary for people who don't want to use those terms. I've seen people do this with our community:

They too were wet blankets and hopefully they found a nice soppy bucket to hang out with other like minded blankets.

Like I tried to stress, I don't feel these things are a terrible offenses that once uttered should get you arrested. It can be funny or whatever, but jokes get old and you guys are wearing the oldest crustiest jokes sometimes.

I admit that terrible shit hasn't happened in Overwatch, not yet at least. It may just be the game is less conducive to that behavior than Dota. But I still see Dakazu calling Lightingbolt stupid for picking Zarya and I'm like...
darfox8

Postby darfox8 » May 26th, 2016 @ 10:27am

BTW Beast Wars may be a good source to mine for Overwatch nonsense:
darfox8

Postby CrossXhunteR » May 26th, 2016 @ 10:50am

Dakazu was angering me yesterday with the Zarya talk, so I muted him. Problem solved.
CrossXhunteR

Postby dakazu » May 26th, 2016 @ 11:14am

Hey man, yesterday we went up against a Zarya that was legit good. I'm probably biased because our Zarya is Lightning Bolt :lol:
dakazu

Postby LiQuid » May 26th, 2016 @ 11:50am

Ok then how about this, instead of all the passive aggressive pussyfooting around (was that insensitive cause I said pussy, or is it alright if the etymology is feline in nature and not referring to a vagina?) we just say this:

Dakazu, please stop being a dick (more gendered insults :o ) and demanding people play the game to fit your idea of what you think is the one "right" way to play and insulting them when they don't comply. People don't play games with you only so that they can serve your idea of fun. If you can't play nice with others, please do them the courtesy of not playing with them. Thanks.

There, now if Dakazu doesn't stop doing it, don't play with him anymore. No more hurt feelings.

Seems like this could have been squashed with PMs instead of introducing a bunch of pre-drama to the forum. Stop ruining this thread now, jeez.
LiQuid

Postby totoro » May 26th, 2016 @ 1:51pm

LiQuid wrote:White we're segregating

Early running for oddest and funniest unintentional typo/autocorrect of the year.

Also it seems somewhat interesting at least to me that this is the same discussion that happened on the Mumble server previously. Same stuff, new venue.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0559-6917-7116
totoro

Postby CrossXhunteR » May 26th, 2016 @ 1:58pm

Turns out, we're awful people not fit for public interaction.

Ans yes, that typo made me laugh quite a bit earlier.
CrossXhunteR

Postby darfox8 » May 26th, 2016 @ 3:11pm

Mei is an easy character to play Solo Queue. Team was shit and disorganized but my turtle troll tactics are universal. Helped win control car game on defense. Came down to the wire and my contesting was enough for my team to spawn and fight back. Totally Play of the Game but the game will probably never be able to recognize me tanking a bunch of hits, freezing my self, making a wall and running to the other side of the cart, freezing up again, then being insta killed the second I thaw, but it's too late for them... my team was back and there to murder.

I experimented in shooting range with Genji since Cross mentioned his wall climbing is sometimes wonky for him. I think it's because the game doesn't let you let go of the space bar. If you want to wall climb after one jump you never let go of Space Bar. If you want to do it after a double jump then you press release and then press and hold. You cannot double tap the space bar to jump up high, then when you reach the wall press it a third time to climb. The game says no.
darfox8

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics