Wherein we discuss digital pixels and polygons, directed by handheld input devices.

Re: Overwatch

Postby meDotJS » May 9th, 2016 @ 11:53pm

Now to wait until the actual launch.

Liquid wrote:"meDotJS - Today at 8:20 PM
I just googled it
and I'm wrong"
its official
even google says medot is wrong
meDotJS

Postby CrossXhunteR » May 10th, 2016 @ 5:10am

Watched the first 10 minutes or so. You can press "Z" by default to tell your team your ultimate status instead of going through the action wheel.
CrossXhunteR

Postby Starwats » May 11th, 2016 @ 2:00pm

Don't appreciate your title MeDot. Why didn't you upload the other matches? Listening to people crying over the mic is more entertaining than a boring match where we win.

500th post get wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
LiQuid wrote:I think secretly kenzo gets even madder about Dota than even Dakazu.

No trading.
Starwats

Postby LiQuid » May 14th, 2016 @ 12:42am

:D
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » May 14th, 2016 @ 10:42am

I'm glad u won, because it reminded me to play again and winner winner chicken dinner :D
kenzo

Postby CrossXhunteR » May 23rd, 2016 @ 10:25am

Got my copy in the mail today. I see Blizzard just inundates you with a bunch of crap in their physical games.

Anyone want a code for a free Hearthstone pack or Jaina in HOTS?
CrossXhunteR

Postby kenzo » May 23rd, 2016 @ 1:46pm

Give Jaina
kenzo

Postby darfox8 » May 23rd, 2016 @ 2:23pm

Big ups to the Cross man. For getting me The Watch!

I am ready and willing, queue more Overwatch matches.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby Mr_eX » May 23rd, 2016 @ 9:29pm

I wish Tracer had a double jump.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby darfox8 » May 23rd, 2016 @ 10:04pm

I'm glad the beta came back.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby CrossXhunteR » May 24th, 2016 @ 5:20am

I need to play around with some of the character specific options to see if I get a better feel for some of the mechanics. Genji's wall climb gives me lots of issues related to his double jump, leading to lot's of fumbling at walls for extended periods. I don't really have the same issue with Hanzo, so I assume the "stickiness" of the climb is going weird with the double jumps included.

Out of my 8 or 9 loot boxes so far, I haven't really gotten much yet.
CrossXhunteR

Postby dakazu » May 24th, 2016 @ 9:09am

During the beta I got 1 skin and now I've gotten a skin for almost every loot box so I'm not complaining.

We played last night with Davis and that was great. Need a few more permanent members to get Neo Night Krew going.
dakazu

Postby Mr_eX » May 24th, 2016 @ 11:19am

Please do not start the night crew stuff again. Your attitudes during that was the worst. It was absolutely the most toxic thing that ever happened in this community.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby darfox8 » May 24th, 2016 @ 1:22pm

I wanna be honest and upfront about this so that there isn't festering moods or sleights. If this burns bridges or sets a weird tone for playing with me then so be it. Nobody wants to boot up Overwatch and then realize they're actually playing anime dota. Filled with arcane meta and grave infractions. Accosted for not reading people's minds or not following The Tome of Correct Plays™ as set forth by Bullshit®.

The reason why this is a problem is that none of you guys were good at Dota. None of you guys actually knew what you were doing but you'd tear into each other like you were fucking Artezdendy or who ever the fuck. I'm not well versed enough in Dota to recall examples but I've been present for many a games where anyone could tell that you guys were tossing some big stones in your shitty glass houses.

I'll call kenzo out specifically because last night in Overwatch we had some team dictation, but for the most part we were all having fun doing our own thing and winning. But the second Kenzo joins us he goes in on everyone telling them how they're not playing right and what they should be doing better. I think this is fine to an extent or maybe after repeated loses. But nearly every breath kenzo breathed was directed at other people's play, never his own. Even when he was dead he'd be peeping spectator cam like "I just watch Rodney as a cop boy walk right into a cactus and now he has thorns in his butt... woah boy" Or some such. To his credit he wasn't raging, he probably doesn't care enough about the game to rage, but it still kills the fun and it builds animosity over time since the one dishing it out never knows how to take it. I 100% respect Jenn and Rodney's no voice chat thing. And I was a little annoyed they were painted as the bad guys for doing so when they were driven there by arm chair meta chimps.

I constantly cop to my own mistakes when I see them, it usually helps me do better and helps other adjusted to my play and short comings. I'm not saying everyone needs to self deprecate but everyone should absolutely look inward for improvements before outward. There is no excuse for this, especially now when the game barely has a meta and you can get away with almost anything if you play your style well. If you're a hero that requires back up, and no one is backing up? Switch Heroes. Banging your head against the wall and cursing your teammates for not conforming to your play style isn't team play. Read the room and have fun. Unlike Dota a long drawn out game in Overwatch is about 30 minutes. If your having a tough game just sit tight, you can't even fountain farm or something like that in Overwatch.

This shouldn't be the first of many dirty laundry post in here but part of me fears it will be. I know Kenzo well enough to expect him to disagree with everything I wrote. I also have a bad habit of making my point more muddy with these big grievances post so let my try and be clear about a few things:
-I'm ok with criticism mid match. It just has to be measured and helpful.
-Cross has given plenty of pointers mid match and I don't think I've ever felt accosted.
-LiQuid has come a little closer to the accost zone but rarely so that I don't mind.
-Kenzo also didn't really get into the accost zone either, more like the constant noise zone.
-I totally believe Kenzo is unaware of his finger pointing. He is just competitive and he feels he sees the whole picture. I feel bad for singling him out because we have a history(and at this point I know he feels accosted by me, as appose to the other way around) but I wouldn't do it if I didn't think it was better to air this out.
-Jenn and Rodney should try not to throw the baby out with the bathwater when it comes to criticism. Sometimes tips can help you have more fun.
darfox8

Postby Mr_eX » May 24th, 2016 @ 1:49pm

Dakazu was pretty bad about that in DOTA too.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Jenn04 » May 24th, 2016 @ 3:43pm

Idgaf about criticism - it's just annoying when it's nonstop throughout the whole game. Big difference. Game is fun, in short bursts.

Also, I'm not in voice chat because I've had a bad cold for the past few days - no other reason, chimps or otherwise.
Jenn04

Postby darfox8 » May 24th, 2016 @ 4:14pm

Does anyone have desync problems with the game. I mean the kind of stuff where your client reads it one way but the servers the other. I've had like two moments where I've popped Mei's Ice Block and I got killed instantly. I also have moments where I'm pretty sure I went around the corner but I still get bopped. In my experiences these are pretty common in CoD console games(lying Kill Cams and such) but not that common with PC shooters.
darfox8

Postby CrossXhunteR » May 24th, 2016 @ 4:17pm

That is due to the game's tick rate I believe. You will notice that usually when two things happen pretty much at the same time, it has to choose one. I think the tick rate is like 20 or something, and lots of players on the internet have bitched about this exact issue. It's super noticeable around deaths, but those type of decisions are happening all the time in the game.
It's probably the game, not you.
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » May 24th, 2016 @ 4:57pm

I find it a little sad that feelings are already on the verge of being hurt after a single day. Welcome to playing competitive games with the tryhards again I guess. I'd like to think we're all a lot better than we were during peak Dota. I wish there was a way I could better impress upon the people how important it is to not take anything I/we say during a game seriously. I'm fully aware how ridiculous I sound when I turn into a whinybaby 30 seconds into a game with the "WE LOST!" /wrists shit. I know I make passive aggressive comments about people's awful hero picks. I'm sure kenzo knows he's a hypercritical pain in the ass who's oblivious to his own shitty play too because we tell him that a lot during Dota. I think the Dota guys have all more or less gotten used to each other's dumbness. It honestly washes over me at this point.

At the end of the day winning or losing a game of Dota is and always has been meaningless, and winning or losing a game of Overwatch is even less so. Those things are not debatable. When I yell at people to GET ON THE FUCKIN POINT during a game of Overwatch it's not cause it's some life or death thing, or because I actually care about winning that game. It's just my brain slipping into some primal default way it interacts with video games.
LiQuid

Postby darfox8 » May 24th, 2016 @ 4:59pm

darfox8

Postby Mr_eX » May 24th, 2016 @ 5:35pm

Criticize all you wan want. The biggest problem with the night crew was when you guys refused to play with people you didn't think were good enough.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby darfox8 » May 24th, 2016 @ 6:11pm

I dunno know about that. Maybe they eventually got to that but they'd play with people they didn't like and literally bully them. I'd rather they not play with them, honestly.

To what LiQuid said, I honestly don't think anyone's feelings are hurt as of yet but annoyed.
darfox8

Postby Mr_eX » May 24th, 2016 @ 6:14pm

They did it to me so I assume they did it to others.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » May 24th, 2016 @ 6:44pm

Mr_eX wrote:Criticize all you wan want. The biggest problem with the night crew was when you guys refused to play with people you didn't think were good enough.

When kenzo first started playing Dota it was as if he had discovered personal computing for the first time. We gave him an endless cavalcade of shit about how awful he was. I uploaded youtube videos showcasing his superbly bad performance. And this was like his entire first year of playing. If this were the case, kenzo would have washed out and never come back. The reason why kenzo didn't wash out and you did is because kenzo had a passion for Dota and because he's a hard ass motherfucker who never let insults get him down. He pushed himself and got better. Not Dendi better. He's still a 2k trenchlord like the rest of us, but he developed a Dota competency which is all that was ever asked of anybody that played with us. Not even so much the knowing what you're doing, but that you can handle the shittalk.

To my knowledge, in the entire history of the night crew there were only 2 people that got ousted from the group. Medot was the only one that was because of skill deficiency, and I stand by that, medot shouldn't be allowed to play Dota. Medot shouldn't be allowed to come within 500 feet of a PC with Dota installed on it.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » May 24th, 2016 @ 6:47pm

darfox8 wrote:I guess I should of just read this.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... ate-higher

This is 100% the reason why every now and then I'll die and be like "but I clicked [ability] why didn't it go off?!" This happens a lot actually and it's pretty annoying.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » May 24th, 2016 @ 10:20pm

I thought it was funny on the Bombcast this week when Jeff was like he can only play Overwatch in 30 minute bursts cause there's not that much to it. I'm like bro, the game you're looking for exists and it's called Battleborn.
LiQuid

Postby dakazu » May 25th, 2016 @ 1:00am

Mr_eX wrote:Criticize all you wan want. The biggest problem with the night crew was when you guys refused to play with people you didn't think were good enough.

Night Krew(with a k for karakand, kenzo and dakazu)'s biggest problem was Night Krew.

Also I only mentioned Night Krew because Davis was back and we could be getting a "late night crew"(get it?) to play Overwatch again.

Night Krew started because Davis, Kenzo and I would be up later so we got Liquid and starwats to make a 5 stack that played DOTA games together. That is all.
dakazu

Postby kenzo » May 25th, 2016 @ 3:22am

I wasn't going to say anything in this thread because I didn't think it would be productive. But I think it's hilarious/appalling that Dakazu very innocently was just getting excited to maybe have another social game he could maybe play at night with people for the first time in forever, considering his timezone/living situation... and you guys (ex and darfox specifically) couldn't wait to get triggered and misappropriate it for airing grievances. :lol:

I'm not gonna argue or complain or offer any rebuttals/explanations, because it's not like I don't think your complaints are without merit, or that I'm a blameless person here (because you guys are right, and I'm frequently a dickhead), but I've also come to peace with the idea that nobody here really gives a shit about being on the level and hearing my perspective out either. So I'm going to internalize all of this, take it into consideration, try to focus on how I can be a better player/teammate, adjust expectations based on scenario and who I'm playing with, and probably unbind my push-to-talk key while playing. Because at the end of the day, I still would rather get along with people, not piss them off, and try to have fun above all else.
kenzo

Postby CrossXhunteR » May 25th, 2016 @ 5:35am

Got a purple and an orange yesterday, both skins I like for characters I enjoy playing. This game is A-OK.
CrossXhunteR

Postby kenzo » May 25th, 2016 @ 5:49am

CrossXhunteR wrote:Got a purple and an orange yesterday, both skins I like for characters I enjoy playing. This game is A-OK.
I've opened like 35 boxes at this point. I got 3 oranges, all for characters I actively dislike, and two for the same character. I really wish there were other mechanisms to get gold in the game so you could just unlock the things you want. I feel like in-game currency is easier to get in HOTS than it is this, because at least that has things like daily quests. The featureset of this game is incredibly threadbare for a Blizzard game.
kenzo

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics