Wherein we discuss digital pixels and polygons, directed by handheld input devices.

Re: Community Fun: Minecraft Realms | Discord Server

Postby LiQuid » Apr 7th, 2016 @ 3:50pm

Whoever built that house down the street from me, where did you get those red roof tiles. I want to refine the walkway between my place, Jenns castle and your guys' town and build a giant birch canopy over it.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Apr 7th, 2016 @ 3:54pm

My pickaxe is about to fucking eat it again so I'll forgive transgressions against me if someone borrows me a couple diamonds so I can repair it. Thanks.
LiQuid

Postby meDotJS » Apr 7th, 2016 @ 5:17pm

LiQuid wrote:Whoever built that house down the street from me, where did you get those red roof tiles. I want to refine the walkway between my place, Jenns castle and your guys' town and build a giant birch canopy over it.

It's Acacia wood. I used stair blocks to make most of it. Gives a nice sloping effect.
Liquid wrote:"meDotJS - Today at 8:20 PM
I just googled it
and I'm wrong"
its official
even google says medot is wrong
meDotJS

Postby dakazu » Apr 10th, 2016 @ 12:11am

Ship is done. Thanks to Liquid who got me all the wool
dakazu

Postby darfox8 » Apr 10th, 2016 @ 2:58pm

Somebody broke all the communal chest that had a bunch of stuff. Was informed it was liquid, he denies it, no proof of anybody doing it. I had to roll back like 12 hours and many peoples individual progress. I'm sorry about that btw.

Literally kids with mental retardation can play Minecraft and get along. So too can you guys if you choose to do so. I don't care who said this or that or who broke what or when. Meet each other in the middle.

From now on the rules will be:

1- Don't be a poopy head.
2- Don't retaliate against someone being a poopy head.
3- Don't lie about shit.

These are exponential in severity, meaning that 3 is the worse offense. Someone is already lying and it makes me legit sad. And regardless of the original offense if you take revenge you are the bad guy.

I would like to move on from this and let bygones be bygones but the fact that people are lying makes it really hard. Please don't do this shit again.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby CrossXhunteR » Apr 10th, 2016 @ 3:03pm

I understand the consequences. I am also storing some tnt and a flint and steel in my nether chest. Don't make me use them.

I know Lightning Bolt and maybe Ko were killing some blazes. I have a ender pearl and need some blaze powder so we can set up another ender chest somewhere else. Preferably at the bottom of Dar's mine.
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Apr 10th, 2016 @ 5:04pm

Kenzo wouldn't let me make a door in his dumb wall so I've used Jenn's vacant lot to construct a fat rainbow road that leads from the front door of the commune to my lawn. :D
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Apr 10th, 2016 @ 6:33pm

Also, if for any reason people need to find a desert, it is pretty much straight south of all our stuff. It is just quite a bit away, with lots of water in between. Might try exploring that and setting up a home. Would be interesting to see if there is a village or temple out there.
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Apr 10th, 2016 @ 7:10pm

What's a village? Are there NPCs?
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Apr 10th, 2016 @ 8:05pm

Finished the Rainbow Road. Looks awesome IMO. Reinforced it with some leftover stone from Butt Castle so its spirit lives on!

Not sure what I want to put on my end of it. Some kind of mini fort to keep the monsters out.

Dakazu finished his boat again. Please no more rollbacks. Thanks.
LiQuid

Postby Lightningbolt72 » Apr 11th, 2016 @ 9:42am

so wait is the server over now or did someone pony up moneys to keep server up?
If you find a man naked while playing the guitar badly and singing in the most annoying highest pitch voice in Rust, its probably me.
Lightningbolt72

Postby Konanda » Apr 12th, 2016 @ 5:45am

CrossXhunteR wrote:Also, if for any reason people need to find a desert, it is pretty much straight south of all our stuff. It is just quite a bit away, with lots of water in between. Might try exploring that and setting up a home. Would be interesting to see if there is a village or temple out there.

I already found the temple there and collected the treasure. Didn't see a village there but didn't explore it that much.

LiQuid wrote:What's a village? Are there NPCs?

A Village is a collection of naturally spawning structures that have Villlager NPCs that inhabit them, which you can trade items with for Emeralds. They have a possibility of generating on Plains, Desert and Savannah. Additionally I have already found one in a Plains to the north of the starting area and have setup a Nether Portal connection there through the Nether as a shortcut. I forget what the coordinates are but its faster to just use the Nether Portal I'm talking about since a step in the Nether is 8 steps in The Overworld. (aside from in the Y axis, sort of)

Lightningbolt72 wrote:so wait is the server over now or did someone pony up moneys to keep server up?

darfox8 wrote:STOP THE PRESSES. Our Jenn has already covered this months Minecrafting, and likely next month too. THANK YOU SO MUCH, JENN. I BET A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE GOING TO PLAY MINECRAFT!

Also to answer cross question. Paypal takes some off.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby LiQuid » Apr 12th, 2016 @ 12:55pm

I was out exploring and found a gigantic underwater temple full of fucking crazy electric fish. I was boating past it at night and saw it glowing under the surface so I went to check it out. Jumped out of my boat and then got swarmed by cyclops sharks shooting lazers out of their fucking faces! Scared shitless I fled to my boat and tried to run away then all of a sudden one of the fish like jumped out of the water and swam across my screen and jump scared the fuck out of me. What the fuck is this game?!
LiQuid

Postby Konanda » Apr 12th, 2016 @ 4:12pm

Yeah those are called Ocean Monuments and if you make it to the treasure room there is 8 blocks of gold to obtain and the Prismarine blocks which are only found there I suppose. Darfox and Lightningbolt were trying to raid one about a week and a half ago. Myself I've seen 3 or so during my travels. The Guardians that protect them are pretty strong and since its all underwater armour with enchantments for moving, mining and seeing further underwater are recommended along with potions of waterbreathing.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby dakazu » Apr 21st, 2016 @ 12:27am

Nobody plays anymore?
dakazu

Postby LiQuid » Apr 21st, 2016 @ 2:15am

I have, but I'm out of projects. I beautified the quarry area underneath the rainbow bridge. I could build the Tower of Power up a little higher.

There was just a big patch in Guild Wars 2 tho, so that's gonna be my podcast game again for a while I think, unless I can think of anything neat I want to build in Minecrap.

To be honest, I just want to fucking play hero shooters. I want Overwatch to just fucking come out already. Seriously thinking about buying Battleborn too for some reason, and even trying to get into Paladins even tho it's literally just low-rent Overwatch.
LiQuid

Postby darfox8 » Apr 21st, 2016 @ 6:42am

Yeah I'm jumping on again to finish my tower/castle thing. We have an OK amount of diamonds so I don't need to mine more lanes. Unless we want to take out a few ocean monuments I'm just going to keep casually poking at my building, while listening to podcast. Go figure.

The Cow pen was broken again. Not sure if it's been broken for a long time since I haven't really inspected the home base much. Not much harm done honestly but I'm super perplexed as to why some one would pop it open.

To be clear home base doesn't belong to anyone. Kenzo was attached to it because he put in an order of magnitude more work into it than anyone else, but everyone is suppose to reap the benefits from home base. If you have your own site set up with your own food and farm that's great but in case you need a lot more food than you can produce you just take a few stacks from home base and your good for awhile. That's why it would be nice if everyone took care of home base, by not messing with it and maybe even doing some maintenance(breeding animals etc.)

All a moot point since the server is dead atm, but going forward if there's more activity keep this in mind please.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby LiQuid » Apr 21st, 2016 @ 6:47am

You can just accuse me, it's alright I'm used to it. Nothing I love more than popping into the Minecraft server to break shit a couple times a day. Makes me feel alive.
LiQuid

Postby darfox8 » Apr 21st, 2016 @ 7:58am

I never accused you. I think it could be you but I also think it can be a few other people.

Honestly that whole broken stockroom thing: I believe it could of very easily been someone like MeDotJS who thought it was a funny gag but shut up about his deeds when he saw it blew up to a whole thing. I'm not saying it was MeDotJS, but I'm saying it doesn't have to be a vindictive storyline, it could of just been bad judgement that snow balled.
darfox8

Postby CrossXhunteR » Apr 21st, 2016 @ 8:24am

"Snow balled" eh? I knew the snow golem did this.
CrossXhunteR

Postby dakazu » Apr 21st, 2016 @ 10:37am

Then it probably was meDot aka chicken snow golem bandit
dakazu

Postby Lightningbolt72 » Apr 21st, 2016 @ 11:06am

Haven't been on mine craft in a while, anyway guys be sure to farm up that spawner and save any rotten flesh you have for me to trade the guy for emeralds, remember flesh = emeralds = Ender Pearls and Bottles o' Enchanting, i already got like 10 blocks of emeralds, keep em coming bois, also if you get any good enchantment on books, dont use em, copy em using the book and quell and use the copy.
If you find a man naked while playing the guitar badly and singing in the most annoying highest pitch voice in Rust, its probably me.
Lightningbolt72

Postby Jenn04 » Apr 21st, 2016 @ 12:56pm

I pop on sometimes, but then I just do stuff in my castle or the mine I opened up behind it. Whoever set the cows free -- it wasn't me! I swear!
Jenn04

Postby meDotJS » Apr 21st, 2016 @ 5:16pm

darfox8 wrote:I never accused you. I think it could be you but I also think it can be a few other people.

Honestly that whole broken stockroom thing: I believe it could of very easily been someone like MeDotJS who thought it was a funny gag but shut up about his deeds when he saw it blew up to a whole thing. I'm not saying it was MeDotJS, but I'm saying it doesn't have to be a vindictive storyline, it could of just been bad judgement that snow balled.

I have video of that entire day that shows everything I did in Minecraft. It was not me.
I just googled it
and I'm wrong"
its official
meDotJS

Postby darfox8 » Apr 22nd, 2016 @ 9:32am

It's OK. Even if you did do it it's ok.
darfox8

Postby Mr_eX » Apr 22nd, 2016 @ 1:04pm

Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby darfox8 » Apr 25th, 2016 @ 2:47pm

After reviewing over two hours of medot footage I can say that medot may of still done it. He had video from before it happened and after it happened. He may of played in the middle and not sent me the video. I don't think that happened. I don't think medot did it, especially since I see some of his reaction to the crime, and unless he's a cunning social path he reacts in convincing ways.

Things I learned from his two videos:
--The stock room was not broken by the end of his first video
--The stock room was broken by the start of the second video but the cow pen was intact. I recall the cow pen being in shambles when I investigated the wreckage.
--Only a few chest were destroyed when medot investigated. About 5. When I was doing my time hopping trying to find a good time to revert the server I found instances where the chest where all gone and instance where they were all there but empty.

This all leads me to nowhere. You might ask: who cares? Well no one really but if I had the chance to gleam some extra info then I wanted to try. This event affected everyone and it's killed some of the enthusiasm of the server. The server was going to die eventually but this definitely hastened the speed of that.

Also I got to listen on medot and see and hear his habits during his private time. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
darfox8

Re: Community Fun: Overwatch Gamenight Sundays | Discord Ser

Postby lemon-fresh » May 29th, 2016 @ 4:16pm

Playin overwatch, need an invite to the discord server.... Thannnnnks!
lemon-fresh

Postby meDotJS » May 29th, 2016 @ 5:19pm

I just googled it
and I'm wrong"
its official
meDotJS

Postby LiQuid » May 29th, 2016 @ 10:35pm

I've done some channel splits for the chat in Discord to try and keep the general channel more bantery and the niche interest stuff like anime and wrestling in their own channels. If anybody has any ideas for this let me know.

Like do we need a separate channel for video games? That seems to be the most broadly general topic that unites us so it seems silly. I feel like the TV and movie channels give refuge for general spoiler talk, but I'm thinking about making disposable channels for specific spoilers (like we don't normally even discuss Game of Thrones spoilers anywhere on the discord, but I wonder if we would if we have a specific channel for it so that we wouldn't accidentally fuck anybody else's shit up).

Let me know what you guys think. Some of the anime fans felt like this is a persecution, that we're cordoning them off into a concentration camp, but even when kenzo isn't posting naked anime ladies in the general chat the anime and gunpla discussions in the general chat are SUFFOCATING. I think kenzo is just especially mad because this is like 90% of everything he ever talks about. You have to understand dude that Overwatch has brought a lot of new and returning people back to the server and having your own personal brand of discussion dominating the main chat is potentially unwelcoming.
LiQuid

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics