Wherein we discuss digital pixels and polygons, directed by handheld input devices.

Re: Community Fun: Overwatch Gamenight Sundays | Discord Ser

Postby CrossXhunteR » May 31st, 2016 @ 6:49pm

I was debating raising a stink about Totoro's topics, as the Americans talked should have been segregated out, along with the video game talk. But no, when 3 mods are right there, no one did anything. The AN talk Rodney and Ko had was like twice as short as whatever you guys were talking about it the main chat after Totoro got on.

Also, it was real jarring when Rodney and Ko wanted to discuss AN, something that is not anime, and had to stop their conversation before it got started to go post in the anime channel. They then jumped channels to post about that, while being confused about what was going on and how to hold the AN and non-AN topics of discussion at the same time.
CrossXhunteR

Postby darfox8 » May 31st, 2016 @ 7:03pm

This wouldn't be an issue if people didn't directly tried to subvert it. If someone talked about anime in the main channel, who cares. It came and went. If they talked about anime in the anime channel and they wanted to mention wrestling and continue talking about it in the anime channel, big deal. It came and went. This shouldn't be a big deal.

Premeditated conversations is what should be put into the right channels, imo. It's very common for kenzo to come in itching to talk about something. Dakazu usually only ever comes in to show me or seamus something, he never cares about conversation, he should probably put it in the right channel.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby CrossXhunteR » May 31st, 2016 @ 7:10pm

It is real unfortunate that people tried to subvert it. Like Liquid, eX, and Totoro. But it doesn't matter if their discussion clogs up the main channel and bothers me, since I guess I don't count.
I'm glad I get to be the bad guy here.

Edit: Also, any calls for people to play Overwatch do not belong in the main channel. Try to guess where they might belong.

I hope people get pissed at Konanda and Jenn for the long FFXIV talks they had they flooded the main channel, as happens most evenings.
CrossXhunteR

Postby darfox8 » May 31st, 2016 @ 8:08pm

That's the thing with this community is that we were gun shy at the start with moderation so now that we're implement it there's too much history stopping the moderation working right.

Keno and Cross absolutely deserve to get banned for the shitty way they're acting. No one has done anything wrong but them. They should hold no power in stopping this but they do. Because banning anyone of us is almost unspeakable.

The fact of the matter is that a lot of us should of been banned in the first few months of this forum.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby CrossXhunteR » May 31st, 2016 @ 8:12pm

What have i done wrong, except calling eX an idiot? Asking for the mods to do the job that has now been set out for them?
Also, don't conflate the forums and the discord, no matter how much people keep doing so during this whole discussion.
CrossXhunteR

Postby darfox8 » May 31st, 2016 @ 8:18pm

Being an accusatory, abusing your mod powers, and ruining everything.

What kind of shitty snitch goes and try and push other people into your imaginary cage? Fucking ugly as hell. You think you're being a genius sarcastic wanker by pointing out the flaw in the law but your tearing down the spirit of it and making it worse than ever. Yaw made it hard for newcomers before and your doing it again.

Fucking chill out. Period. You guys are acting like bad human beings.
darfox8

Postby Jenn04 » May 31st, 2016 @ 8:22pm

I think all of you should shut the fuck up and stop spamming this thread with your garbage.

"Community Fun" indeed.
Jenn04

Postby CrossXhunteR » May 31st, 2016 @ 8:26pm

Yes, us/me.
Please point out how I abused my mod powers. I think every mod is at fault for abusing them. And everyone is being accusatory. In my mind, this whole system is ruining everything.

I don't understand what that first part of the second paragraph means. I'm just trying to have things go the way you want with proper enforcement. How did I specifically make it hard for newcomers before, and how am I doing it now?

Yes, we are the bad human beings. In your eyes. To me, you guys are being just as dirty.
CrossXhunteR

Postby dakazu » May 31st, 2016 @ 8:27pm

I have a legit complaint.

If I want to post something manga based I assume it's supposed to be in the anime channel but it'll be buried so quick. You want me to start direct message people instead? Kinda kills the point of splitting the chat and then anime being a free for all.
dakazu

Postby CrossXhunteR » May 31st, 2016 @ 8:27pm

Everything could be a direct message. It would solve all these problems.
CrossXhunteR

Postby darfox8 » May 31st, 2016 @ 8:29pm

Deal. I'm done. Sorry guys for being a bitch. You guys aren't worth it.
darfox8

Postby LiQuid » May 31st, 2016 @ 10:21pm

Alright, well congratulations are in order I suppose. Good job guys. You've let internet chat rooms cause such a commotion. Quite remarkable if you think about it. Chat rooms.

At this point it's beyond pointless to continue to discuss what anybody is doing wrong so I'll just say that from this point forward only fun is allowed on the discord server. Disrupt it at your own peril! If what chat room you're being "forced" to chat in is such a detriment to your particular brand of fun I invite you to create your own Discord server. It's really quite easy. But from now on the Geekbox server is going to be for people who want to get together and have happy fun times and play video games together.

To think after all these years, chat rooms. What a hill to die on.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » May 31st, 2016 @ 10:52pm

darfox8 wrote:I'm done. Sorry guys for being a bitch. You guys aren't worth it.
Godspeed.
kenzo

Postby dakazu » May 31st, 2016 @ 11:49pm

What a fucking shit show
dakazu

Postby LiQuid » Jun 1st, 2016 @ 12:09am

I'm getting Darfox back on the server I don't care if I have to ban every last person on it to convince him. I'm getting sick of him being a martyr so other people can get away with acting like god damned idiots.
LiQuid

Postby Konanda » Jun 1st, 2016 @ 7:44am

Man, I haven't even read most of this and wow, this has to be up there as one of the silliest threads on the boards. Not the fun kind of silly though, the sad and disappointing kind.

Also the bit about having one of the permanent instant invites being in the OP is a good idea, unfortunately I'm guessing darfox isn't reading this any more. Although I suppose dakazu could edit his post to put an instant invite in it, since his reply doesn't make sense after darfox used white out on his entire post essentially, it wouldn't be the OP but its close to the top.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby Rodney » Jun 6th, 2016 @ 1:16pm

Rodney

Postby dakazu » Jun 6th, 2016 @ 11:55pm

It's been a week since split chat and the new main chat is as messy as the previous one. No one moderating chat means no change.

What was accomplished here besides driving darfox away?

dakazu wrote:I'm fine with separating chat but I don't expect it to work.

Fucking called it.
dakazu

Postby LiQuid » Jun 7th, 2016 @ 12:09am

The people who were being stubborn about it are still being stubborn about it. It's not about moderation, it's about people unwilling to try. How far am I supposed to go to enforce this when people are being so stubborn? Do I actually have to ban members from the server because they are unwilling to help clean up the general chat? You guys tell me.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Jun 7th, 2016 @ 12:13am

I can always remove chat privileges from people who refuse to keep the main chat clean. Last time I did that I got called a bully.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Jun 7th, 2016 @ 1:08am

In a really terrible episode of the Walking Dead I watched the other day, Carol (short hair, cancer-looking lady) was chaperone to 2 little girls from the prison escape. One of them was a sweet little thing. Not a mean bone in her body, as Carol said. Couldn't hurt a fly, or any other living thing, as was demonstrated by her unwillingness to shoot a deer for them to eat early in the episode. One of the girls was a psychopath. She had developed an irrational sense of empathy with the zombies to the point where she had no clue they were actually trying to kill her. She just thought they were "changed" or different humans and that they were people too. The big emotional crux of the episode was when the psycho girl murdered her sister, thinking that she'd be totally fine when she reanimated as a zombie and then they would play together again and be a happy family just like before. Carol, as guardians to these girls was distraught, naturally, and in the end, she and Big Black Guy decided that the only choice they had, after determining psycho girl was a danger to everyone around her, was to put her down.

Kenzo is that psycho child. And Darfox is that sweet, kind and gentle little girl. We'll call the zombies anime, since I think that's funny. I'm Carol. Like it or not, I'm chaperoning this whole mess. I think kenzo might actually be unsafe to have around people and I think I might have to put him down.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Jun 7th, 2016 @ 2:00am

Adios, then. If you think exiling me will get you your precious darfox back, or will magically fix all of the problems in this stupid community, go for it. I really don't care at this point. In a lot of ways, you'd honestly be doing me a favor. I don't need to waste any more of my time or energy than I already have putting up with your bullshit over the years.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Jun 7th, 2016 @ 2:34am

If you don't care so much why can't you just stop being so bullheaded so I don't have to strongarm anybody? Why does it have to be all or nothing? Multiple people have asked me to ban you and cross since this dumb shit started and I don't want to. It's asinine to me that this is even an issue. I was hoping it would have been moved past before there was any lasting fallout.
LiQuid

Postby Jenn04 » Jun 7th, 2016 @ 4:06am

All this crap about Discord censorship, channels, kenzo vs LiQuid drama, #NoAnimeAllowed and whatever else has been going on since LAST YEAR. http://geekbox.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2786&start=990&sid=bd70dcf1006b14aba36bdc28bfe24d17

STOP IT.
Jenn04

Postby LiQuid » Jun 7th, 2016 @ 4:12am

If something is a problem for some people but not a problem for other people, what good does it do to just stop talking about it or trying to find a solution? You get people that are ostracized for one reason or another and that's not fair.

I had forgotten about the original discussion from a year ago, but it's nice to see that my solution then was the same as it basically is now, to just have separate channels for animu and for non-animu. It literally serves everybody. The only problem is when I made a new chat to not have animu in it, it has been bombarded with animu anyways.

This isn't or has it ever been a me vs. kenzo thing, tho he is pretty adamant that it is. It was pretty clear even back in those old posts that I never had the intention of taking away the People's Right to Anime. I just want everybody to be happy.

Also it should be pointed out that you were on "our" side of this a year ago Jenn when you campaigned to have tits and shit removed from the main chat. This is basically the same issue now. How is it less ok now? If the anime discussion makes people uncomfortable why is it not ok to move it to a separate channel when it was ok to move the smut?
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Jun 7th, 2016 @ 5:00am

I had several big long responses I'd been typing up for the past few hours, including a big long list of honest improvements to make the discord server a better and more inviting place, but it's all just a gigantic, pointless waste. A fact I'm reminded of by every single disingenuous, hypocritical, or malicious word you write as well as every single dismissive or judgmental response in this thread. Liquid, I'm done with you. I'm done letting you bait me into these situations. I'm done letting you prop me up as a strawman. I'm done being a scapegoat for everyone's problems. I'm done being a sucker for silly drama. And most of all I'm done expending a disproportionately inordinate amount of energy and care for people hate my guts and being made to hate myself by people like you. Ain't nobody need that in their lives. You claim it's not personal, but it is, and that's literally the only reason why I'm arguing this.

I've enjoyed everyone's company, even if you've hated mine, and I bear you all no real ill will. I'm not so petty and vindictive and small minded that I would burn all bridges around me. Because while I could storm out throwing a lot of shade in a lot of different directions, that isn't who I want to be, and that isn't really reflective of how truly I feel. I'll still type things here from time to time, and if you care to y'all can find me in all the various other internet platforms you could find me at before, I'm just out on this discord. If we don't ever end up speaking again, know that I wish you the best, even you liquid you recalcitrant bastard. Find some real happiness out there that isn't just at the expense of others. This isn't me being petty or issuing ultimatums or playing a high stakes game of chicken. I'm just spent, and tired of being a part of this silliness. The world is too big, and this place is too small to be this upset over.

I too have got a little TV anecdote to share. The other night I downloaded the direct-to-TV Ghibli movie I hadn't seen in forever, Ocean Waves, this time in glorious 1080p. I have a lot of thoughts I want to share on that one but have held back doing so here because it would have been unwelcome and/or unappreciated. But the one idea I will share is that at the end of this coming of age film, after being away at college for a year, these kids come back home for a class reunion and reminisce about how silly their problems were in high school, and how riled up over nothing they got. And it took going out into the world to realize how small their personal worlds were and how silly they'd been. And that reminded me of everyone here. This week I was Muto, intentionally closing herself off from her peers and getting picked on by gossipy busybodies that couldn't stand someone going against the flow. Plenty of other times the roles have been reversed and it's someone else's turn to get bullied or feel heat because someone like myself can't put their petty little differences into perspective. But it had me thinking and placing things in perspective, and I just hope everyone can eventually do the same enough that it doesn't push anyone else away. I'm stepping back from discord and giving people space; nobody else needs to do that or go to the extreme darfox went to (nor do I want anyone to), but maybe taking baby steps back once and a while and getting reoriented would be helpful for all involved.

And one last thing I will add that I don't mind or care anymore about taking the fall for this one, but shame on any of you blaming Cross for this. All he's done was observe how stupid this was from the very first minute, and point out how hypocritical and unbalanced this business has been. He might be a little blunt with how he handles his points, but he's done no finger pointing, no name calling, and all he's done is stand up for what he thought was right. I know a number of you, maybe even a majority of you have beef with me, but please don't let that cloud your judgement and misdirect your frustrations at me towards Cross.
kenzo

Postby Jenn04 » Jun 7th, 2016 @ 5:07am

LiQuid wrote:If something is a problem for some people but not a problem for other people, what good does it do to just stop talking about it or trying to find a solution? You get people that are ostracized for one reason or another and that's not fair.

Well then, people, have those discussions and find a solution everyone's happy with.

LiQuid wrote:Also it should be pointed out that you were on "our" side of this a year ago Jenn when you campaigned to have tits and shit removed from the main chat. This is basically the same issue now. How is it less ok now? If the anime discussion makes people uncomfortable why is it not ok to move it to a separate channel when it was ok to move the smut?

I'm not on any "side" - don't bring me into this whole Us vs Them thing. You guys can do whatever you want with the server. If I don't like it, I'll move on, who cares?

And hey, I was just being vocal about how I didn't like slutty pictures of girls. If it stayed in General, whatever; house rules. You guys also told me to stop whining and just hide pictures, so I did. The lewd room happened after that.

Splitting other stuff into channels isn't 'less ok'; I just don't really like having everything split (not just anime). But if people want stuff split, and have said so, then do it.
Jenn04

Postby Konanda » Jun 7th, 2016 @ 10:25am

There is sides now, what is this a shitty comic book storyline?

Clearly your reforms are not working Liquid, did it ever cross your mind that perhaps you should listen to anyone else on other possible ways to resolve things? Although it is probably too late now since it appears that most of the people that care have already given up and walked away.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby LiQuid » Jun 7th, 2016 @ 11:40am

What do you propose?

This isn't "my reform" it was an idea that was proposed and everybody except for 2 people were willing to try.
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Jun 7th, 2016 @ 11:42am

Hey, I tried. People didn't like it.
CrossXhunteR

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics