Wherein we discuss sequential drawings, linked together by word balloons to form meaningful narratives.

Re: The "WTF, DC?!" thread!

Postby LiQuid » May 29th, 2015 @ 6:11am

Can't wait to hear Higgins and Brock defend this as some sort of brilliant strategy.
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » May 29th, 2015 @ 6:39am

I would assume the creators knew of this before they started those issues. Otherwise something would have been cut in the layout/storytelling to fit an unforeseen ad inclusion.
I have to wonder what the legal-digital experience will be on those pages. As far as I know, digital does not have ads.
It better only be the month. Shit is straight ruinous.
CrossXhunteR

Postby kevinep3 » May 30th, 2015 @ 12:42pm

Yes, digital has no adds and it's great.
psn:kevinep331, xbl:kevinep3, steam:kevinep3
kevinep3

Postby kenzo » May 30th, 2015 @ 12:55pm

Get rekt, DC. IMO, this isn't a big deal, but it's clearly going to antagonize their dedicated fans, and with such a niche industry, you can't afford to do that.
kenzo

Postby kenzo » Jun 2nd, 2015 @ 3:27pm

FUCK OFF, DC

kenzo

Postby kenzo » Jun 2nd, 2015 @ 3:55pm

SERIOUSLY, FUCK YOU FOREVER
kenzo

Postby kenzo » Jun 10th, 2015 @ 2:25pm

Batman #41: OK, not as bad as I anticipated. It's nice that most of this issue was spent with Gordon being like "this is ridiculous" and "can I do this?" Because honestly, he can't. Or at least shouldn't. Jim might be '46' but they draw and write him like he's 60. And even so, Batman is like a fucking Adonis, and trained all across the world to be the best fighter on the planet. Jim Gordon has a beer gut and perpetually has one foot out the door and into retirement.

Also, even if I hate this run on Batman, all the little nods to Batman Beyond are nice. I really don't trust this Powers lady. I also like how they don't fuck around with the bullshit 'he's dead' nonsense and have Bruce show up at the end.

Earth 2: Soceity #1: I curse you Earth 2. You were so good, and now you are tainted. But I read on. The guy they've got on the art for this is really good. And I kinda like how they can call it Earth-2, now that the original Earth of that universe is kill, so it's literally a 2nd Earth for these people and not people being aware of the meta when they shouldn't be.

I really like Dick Grayson as Batman, even if the hoops they jumped through in this comic was fucking stupid to get him to that point. He's also the ugliest fucking Batman ever. I know it's a nod to Wildcat, who this Dick even trained under for a while. But come on.

I also hate what Earth 2 has done to Alan Scott. They took one of this universe's most interesting character and stripped him of all his personality. I look forward to reading stories about this world rebuilding because that could be really neat. But I hope they give this book some time to breathe before plunging it into a bunch of stupid crossovers or rebooting it again. Watching Helena Wayne be THE Wayne on the block and rebuilding Wayne Enterprises should be fun. Having Powergirl & Val-Zod be a thing should be very fun. But this book is on probation as far as I'm concerned.

Batman/Superman #21: Why is Lex Luthor surprised to learn that Superman is Clark Kent? Didn't he have his identity outted when they were both in the Justice League?

It's also really discombobulating that both this, and Action Comics #41 both expect you to have already read Superman #41, which isn't even out. Especially when they're making reference to why Superman's identity got outted by Lois - which is apparently 'for a good reason' even though we don't know what it is.

Starfire #1: Ick.

Red Hood/Arsenal #1: Double Ick. Where do they pull these artists from????

Harley Quinn #17: <3
kenzo

Postby CrossXhunteR » Jun 10th, 2015 @ 2:43pm

I think Lex only figured out Bruce's identity.
CrossXhunteR

Postby kenzo » Jul 15th, 2015 @ 6:26am

I'm reading Justice League #42 right now. I know the whole DCYOU lax editorial initiative is a thing. But like. There should be some consistency here. Or at least some outlining of, "Hey, this isn't in Earth 0," or something. Because I don't know why I'm reading this shit. One of the big draws of DC Comics is that everything shares a big multiverse. But why is there a living, breathing, Steppenwolf right here? Why are we ignoring the events of Earth 2 completely in this JL book now? WTF is going on.

Edit: LOL why does Johns hate Batman so much?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
kenzo

Postby CrossXhunteR » Jul 15th, 2015 @ 3:00pm

Is it Earth 0 Steppenwolf though? The New Gods do kind of exist on all Earths.
CrossXhunteR

Postby kenzo » Jul 15th, 2015 @ 3:12pm

I thought it was established that the new gods existed outside of the multiverse.
kenzo

Postby CrossXhunteR » Jul 15th, 2015 @ 4:45pm

It is both, I think. They do, but "aspects" of them can be unique to each world. It is why in one issue of Multiversity you see a New God viewing an alternate version of himself. It also is a good handwave for how Darseid worked together in Earth 2 and Batman and Robin.
CrossXhunteR

Postby zintap » Sep 25th, 2016 @ 12:11am

I have the same thing to say as the fourth comment about that ...
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.
zintap

Previous
Forum Statistics