Wherein we discuss sequential drawings, linked together by word balloons to form meaningful narratives.

Marvel's "Fear Itself" annouced

Postby Norman Osborn » Dec 22nd, 2010 @ 12:06pm

So Marvel has announced that "Fear Itself" will be their 2011 company wide cross-over event. What this means? I don't know. Who is involved? The eight worthy ones! Who are they? Don't know. What reason's are they needed? Don't know. Well, a lot of information revealed at this press conference, right? They should have called it a "press teaser" because that's what took place.

I found it awesome, about time, that Fraction and Immonmen are involved in the project. I really love their work and we'll see if they can handle a big event for Marvel. I have great confidence in the both of them.

Apparently the greatest fears of all of our heroes are coming to light. One image that was shown was Cyclops dressed in Magneto's uniform. There was talk of Odin stabbing Thor in the face. The Hulk being the Hulk, which means that he is living his greatest fear.

I find the concept interesting but at the same time I'm just revealing what I think might happen. Since they really didn't reveal too much it's hard to judge. But at any event, I always look forward to Marvel's big events.

What did you think?
Simply Norman...
Norman Osborn
User avatar
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Jul 12th, 2009 @ 8:42pm
Location: Valparaiso, Indiana

Re: Marvel's "Fear Itself" annouced

Postby LiQuid » Dec 22nd, 2010 @ 12:30pm

Crossovers suck. If I had to keep a checklist to maintain the read order of a series of comics I'd be PO'd.
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Marvel's "Fear Itself" annouced

Postby Norman Osborn » Dec 22nd, 2010 @ 1:56pm

You know what I mean! I am a bit behind on my reading, which I have been on a number of times. You wouldn't believe the amount of Checklist cards I have laying around to keep track of what issues to read at what time. Some comics might have in the credits that "you must read HULK 12 before reading this issue" which is annoying yet helpful. I wonder if this crap is going to appear. I "fear" it might. Har Har Har!
Simply Norman...
Norman Osborn
User avatar
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Jul 12th, 2009 @ 8:42pm
Location: Valparaiso, Indiana

Re: Marvel's "Fear Itself" annouced

Postby Master Higgins » Dec 22nd, 2010 @ 2:41pm

Hrm, fear...fear... WAIT! I know who the bad guy is gonna be!

Image

Image
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up
 
Posts: 5095
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 9:46pm
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Re: Marvel's "Fear Itself" annouced

Postby Norman Osborn » Dec 22nd, 2010 @ 6:18pm

Wow Master, you really are pissed off at Marvel for trying to be lame, which they are creeping that way, for using the word "fear". I feel that you might just go off on a huge rant on the next GeekBox. Tell me how you really feel. I want to hear you just go nuts on how there is no creativity and no passion for a huge crossover event. Funny thing is won't your customers dig the event or do they get whiny about having to buy a bunch of extra books just to get the whole story?
Simply Norman...
Norman Osborn
User avatar
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Jul 12th, 2009 @ 8:42pm
Location: Valparaiso, Indiana

Re: Marvel's "Fear Itself" annouced

Postby ReturnOfTheOgre » Dec 23rd, 2010 @ 11:23am

Matt Fraction was on Word Balloon (an awesome podcast all comic fans here on the board should listen to) talking about how this event grew out of an idea for a Cap/Thor mini that kept getting bigger; apparently the villains are going to be Sin, the Red Skull's daughter (and the new Red Skull), and the Asgardian God of Fear.

The nice thing about Marvel's events is that you rarely have to read a tie-in to get "the whole story." Yeah, the reveal during Secret Invasion that Spider-Woman was a skrull happened in New Avengers, but there was this bit in World War Hulk where Iron Man shot the Hulk with power-neutralizing darts; if you just read WWH, it looked like the Hulk raged out and canceled out the darts, but in Avengers: The Initiative, one of the characters had actually removed the active ingredient. Basically I got the main story reading the main book, but the non-essential tie-in added to it.

Plus Stuart Immonen on art means there'll be no delayed issues, unless he has to do Perez-life spreads of everyone in the Marvel U.
ReturnOfTheOgre
User avatar
 
Posts: 490
Joined: Mar 19th, 2009 @ 12:17am

Re: Marvel's "Fear Itself" annouced

Postby Prometheum5 » Jan 24th, 2011 @ 12:38pm

There's a new teaser shit up on the Marvel blog. I assume this is why Deadpool fought Vampires for the last two months, to introduce people to the new Vamp leader causing a stir? Does anyone care?
Prometheus Rising Studios
Follow my Twitter for in progress shots of whatever I'm working on.
Prometheum5
User avatar
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Jun 13th, 2009 @ 6:51am
Location: Albany NY/Worcester MA

Re: Marvel's "Fear Itself" annouced

Postby Rockos_Modern_Life » Feb 9th, 2011 @ 11:18am

Master Higgins wrote:Hrm, fear...fear... WAIT! I know who the bad guy is gonna be!

Image


/bow
Rockos_Modern_Life
User avatar
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Aug 6th, 2010 @ 5:12pm

Re: Marvel's "Fear Itself" annouced

Postby flufflogic » Feb 9th, 2011 @ 4:02pm

All I know is, Spiderman looks fucking stupid in his Future Foundation getup. I'd thank Higgins for pointing it out on Twitter, if it hadn't needed me to use the eyebleach afterwards :P
flufflogic
User avatar
 
Posts: 3313
Joined: Jan 29th, 2010 @ 6:26am
Location: The Northern Wastes of England

Re: Marvel's "Fear Itself" annouced

Postby Coctopus » Feb 9th, 2011 @ 9:24pm

flufflogic wrote:All I know is, Spiderman looks fucking stupid in his Future Foundation getup. I'd thank Higgins for pointing it out on Twitter, if it hadn't needed me to use the eyebleach afterwards :P


Yup, they definitely took the future part way too far. It just looks sterile and boring. Higgins also linked to someone who added a bit of color and it looked quite a bit better. Although I think The Thing's tank top is by far the worst part of it all.

Image
Coctopus
User avatar
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Mar 23rd, 2010 @ 4:36pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: Marvel's "Fear Itself" annouced

Postby flufflogic » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 3:42am

The problem with the recolour, though, is it makes Spiderman look too outsider. They'd be better taking Spiderman's standard suit, replacing the red with the white, and leaving it at that. Maybe cover it in hex shaped webs, but go no further.
flufflogic
User avatar
 
Posts: 3313
Joined: Jan 29th, 2010 @ 6:26am
Location: The Northern Wastes of England

Re: Marvel's "Fear Itself" annouced

Postby Coctopus » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 7:15am

flufflogic wrote:The problem with the recolour, though, is it makes Spiderman look too outsider. They'd be better taking Spiderman's standard suit, replacing the red with the white, and leaving it at that. Maybe cover it in hex shaped webs, but go no further.


It would probably help to add a bit of the blue as well as it would add cohesion with the others. However, it kind of makes sense to have Spiderman look a bit different seeing as he is an outsider. After all, he's only a temporary member of the team.
Coctopus
User avatar
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Mar 23rd, 2010 @ 4:36pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: Marvel's "Fear Itself" annouced

Postby flufflogic » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 7:52am

Coctopus wrote:
flufflogic wrote:The problem with the recolour, though, is it makes Spiderman look too outsider. They'd be better taking Spiderman's standard suit, replacing the red with the white, and leaving it at that. Maybe cover it in hex shaped webs, but go no further.


It would probably help to add a bit of the blue as well as it would add cohesion with the others. However, it kind of makes sense to have Spiderman look a bit different seeing as he is an outsider. After all, he's only a temporary member of the team.

But if you take his standard suit, the blue and black are already there. You just replace the red panels with white.
flufflogic
User avatar
 
Posts: 3313
Joined: Jan 29th, 2010 @ 6:26am
Location: The Northern Wastes of England

Re: Marvel's "Fear Itself" annouced

Postby Norman Osborn » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 8:00am

I will standby Jonathan Hickman and Marvel with there true designs. Hickman doesn't seem to do anything wrong as of late. He truly is making a name for himself. I don't mind seeing the "color" version of the design but don't think it's worth arguing over.
Simply Norman...
Norman Osborn
User avatar
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Jul 12th, 2009 @ 8:42pm
Location: Valparaiso, Indiana

Re: Marvel's "Fear Itself" annouced

Postby Coctopus » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 9:02am

flufflogic wrote:
Coctopus wrote:
flufflogic wrote:The problem with the recolour, though, is it makes Spiderman look too outsider. They'd be better taking Spiderman's standard suit, replacing the red with the white, and leaving it at that. Maybe cover it in hex shaped webs, but go no further.


It would probably help to add a bit of the blue as well as it would add cohesion with the others. However, it kind of makes sense to have Spiderman look a bit different seeing as he is an outsider. After all, he's only a temporary member of the team.

But if you take his standard suit, the blue and black are already there. You just replace the red panels with white.


It might look better color wise, but by using his standard suit you lose the parity that this new suit has with the other members. But whatever, as Norman pointed out, this sort of discussion is ultimately pointless. We'd better get used to the black and white uniforms because that's all we're getting.
Coctopus
User avatar
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Mar 23rd, 2010 @ 4:36pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Amoxicillin Acne Ellacromb

Postby EllNelo » Jun 10th, 2018 @ 4:10am

Aumoxtine500 No Description Needed canadian cialis What Cephalexin Prescribed For
Can Amoxicillin Be Used For Acne Prompt Pill Store Cialis Bei Frau cheapest cialis Propecia Cost Compare Prix Cialis 25
EllNelo
 
Posts: 653
Joined: May 30th, 2018 @ 11:26am
Location: Morocco

Forum Statistics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Options

Return to Comics

cron