Wherein we discuss sequential drawings, linked together by word balloons to form meaningful narratives.

Planetary

Postby FigNewton » Mar 31st, 2009 @ 4:44pm

Is done!

Thought of Ryan Scott's rants on the podcasts about it recently, and naturally thought of him first, haha.
FigNewton

Re: Planetary

Postby Bobafeet » Mar 31st, 2009 @ 9:08pm

Holy crap FINALLY! I cant freakin wait!
Bobafeet

Re: Planetary

Postby Rydog » Apr 2nd, 2009 @ 7:23pm

Here's the series' publication history in brief. You know, just as proof that Warren Ellis and John Cassaday should never be entrusted to anything involving a deadline ever again, as long as they shall live.

Planetary #1 was released in April 1999.
Planetary #26 was released in December 2006.

That means the following:
* They are not capable of completing a limited 27-issue series in the space of 10 years.
* They are not capable of finishing one issue in approx. 2.5 years and counting.

I don't know who in god's name would give them any second, third, tenth, twentieth, or one-hundredth chances with this train wreck of a tardiness history; as an editor, I can tell you this wouldn't fly in any sane editor/writer relationship. And Ellis has the audacity to get testy when people ask about it on his forum/website.

Here's a Planetary #27 update from Ellis himself, culled from a June 7, 2007 forum post on DC's message boards: "Have started PLANETARY 27 for the fifth time. This one should be the charm. Trying to strike the right tone. Should have it in over the weekend, with luck. It's all sitting there as a huge stack of note files, everything the story has to do, but that's not the actual WRITING."

God.

If this turns out to be an April Fool's joke I'm going to uppercut some dogs through a window. That reference is going to look really weird if you don't recognize it.
Ryan Scott
Editorial Director/Executive Producer, Geekbox.net
Rydog
Hell Yeah!

Forum Statistics