Wherein we discuss sequential drawings, linked together by word balloons to form meaningful narratives.

Re: DC reboots entire line

Postby LiQuid » Feb 7th, 2013 @ 4:47pm

The endless cycle of cancellations and new #1's is going to continue until DC editorial gets a fucking clue and gives an up and coming writer with something to prove a D-list character to do with what he pleases. There could be another Morrison out there looking for his Animal Man but DC is so tight assed about keeping all their heroes in this same boring, crossover-friendly continuity so all the shit tier books just sit around sucking worse and worse until they're shitcanned.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Feb 7th, 2013 @ 4:50pm

Haha, Vibe isn't even out yet and DC's already playing creative roulette with it. It has a new writer as of issue 4.

Higgins and Brock can stan for this company and demonize Marvel all they want but this is some deplorable shit.

Elsewhere! DC also announced another abrupt switch in writers today, revealing to MTV Geek that Justice League of America’s Vibe will have a new writer for issue 4. Andrew Kreisberg leaves with issue 3, and Sterling Gates comes in for issue 4. This comes only two weeks after Kreisberg gave interviews about his long-term plans for the series.about his long-term plans for the series.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Apr 10th, 2013 @ 5:22pm

I don't like the idea of Guy Gardner joining the Red Lantern Corps. Seems kinda dumb/redundant with Rankorr on board. I've been waiting for RL to shift over to a more Rankorr-centric story, and it just isn't happening, which is dumb. Also, Guy is at his best when he's interacting with other GLs. Stick him with a bunch of RLs is a recipe for boring, IMO. But whatever. Who am I kidding? I'll read this shit no matter what happens.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Apr 10th, 2013 @ 5:35pm

Lantern books sound like DC is going to fucking run them into the ground. I might honestly jump off of them.
LiQuid

Previous
Forum Statistics