Wherein we discuss sequential drawings, linked together by word balloons to form meaningful narratives.

Re: DC reboots entire line

Postby Master Higgins » Nov 1st, 2012 @ 10:50am

Finally, people with some fucking sense around here. Every time someone drops Action cause "durp it's too confusing and goes nowhere and I don't get it", I cry a bit more.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby LiQuid » Nov 1st, 2012 @ 1:08pm

I was a little confused by the Krypto issue. How did he get stuck in the phantom zone?

Also the Action annual was fucking dumb and boring. The book is going to suck without Morrison on it.

Speaking of, am I the only one that finds the entire idea of annuals fucking reprehensible? Do they exist solely to confuse consumers? They're like worse than Marvel stupid point one issues cause at least those have a number on the cover.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Nov 5th, 2012 @ 9:03am

Oh fuck OFF DC. Lemire on Green Arrow? Gimme a fucking break!
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Nov 5th, 2012 @ 9:06am

How many issues til Vibe solo book gets cancelled and I never read another DC comic again?
LiQuid

Postby Master Higgins » Nov 5th, 2012 @ 10:36am

LiQuid wrote:Oh fuck OFF DC. Lemire on Green Arrow? Gimme a fucking break!

At last it's readable!

You catch the 52 variants for JLA #1?
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby LiQuid » Nov 5th, 2012 @ 10:46am

Yeah, it's stupid but I don't support or pay attention to variant covers at all. I don't collect comics and think anybody that does has a broken mind.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Nov 5th, 2012 @ 6:49pm

Andrea Sorrentino's Green Arrow looks so god damned good:

I'm gonna fucking miss him on iVamp. What the fuck is gonna happen to that book now? :(

Anybody even reading iVamp? That book is still WAY better than it has any right to be. The new direction of Andrew and Mary from issues 12-13 is AWESOME. Man, it's gonna get cancelled, isn't it? :(
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Nov 5th, 2012 @ 7:17pm

LiQuid wrote:Man, it's gonna get cancelled, isn't it? :(
Yup.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Nov 5th, 2012 @ 7:30pm

SHUT THE FUCK UP KENZO YOU EVIL MAN!
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Nov 7th, 2012 @ 2:02pm

Ok, fess up bitches, who else can't help but read ME-TA-LEK in a Dalek voice?
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Nov 8th, 2012 @ 12:19am

GL#14 was great. I like Baz a lot, but his first two issues were underwhelming. This one was pretty sweet. Baz's quip about Batman was hilarious as well. Too bad the "Third Army" continues to be super boring. I get the feeling that the "Third Army" is nothing but a shitty psyche-out that's more like opening Pandora's Box for the real threat (Black Hand, the "First Lantern," the hobo-Guardians leading a Guardian-revolution, etc). If that's how things end up happening and it's awesome, then all will be forgiven. But good lord, you couldn't possibly have a more boring and contrived enemy than the Heartless.
kenzo

Postby kenzo » Nov 9th, 2012 @ 11:13pm

LiQuid wrote:http://www.newsarama.com/comics/justice-league-of-america-state-variant-covers.html

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
So dumb. I love the Bear Flag, but it makes no sense for the JLA to be planting a California Republic flag.
kenzo

Postby kenzo » Nov 11th, 2012 @ 8:58pm

kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Nov 11th, 2012 @ 9:17pm

hahahaha, wat?

Sad that I found out New 52 Shazam is gonna be on the Justice League instead of getting a solo book. That character is fucking awesome but what is the point of making a Big-esque kid trapped in an adult superhero's body if you're just gonna surround him with 6 chaperones? :(
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Nov 11th, 2012 @ 11:19pm

LiQuid wrote:hahahaha, wat?
My exact reaction. I think it's Batman: Dark Knight. They've been playing with some Alice in Wonderland imagery and themes in issues about half a year ago (dunno about now - I've dropped the book). But yeah, made me laugh. Some others in the image dump (comics of November apparently) I was looking through that weren't really lulzworthy, but still visually striking:
Spoiler: show
That's... something.

I don't even like to read Birds of Prey, just to flip through and look/gawk.

Snake eeeeaaaterrrrrrr!!

Image LiQuid posted earlier but colorized. Can't believe it looks even better with color. I'm gettin' psyched for the new Green Arrow.

Phantom Stranger is strange.

Red Lanterns is so good.

Dial-H: another book I don't like to read but will always flip through.

I wish Shazam would just go bonkers and kill the rest of the Justice League (or maroon them in another dimension or something retarded) and completely take over that book because that book is terrible, and Shazam is so awesome.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Nov 12th, 2012 @ 1:02am

I can't get over how good that Andrea Sorentino Green Arrow art is. You know, on the one hand I still lament the loss of him on iVamp, but holy shit is it gonna be awesome seeing what he can do with some good old fashioned superheroics instead of all the dark broodiness of IV.
LiQuid

Postby DerBonk » Nov 12th, 2012 @ 10:29am

I know next to nothing about Green Arrow (he does seem to have a bow and green arrows), but I will buy this book no questions asked. It's a shame, a SHAME that I,Vampire is likely getting canceled, but Sorrentino and Lemire on one book sounds very promising. I just hope it stays with the tone the black and white art shows. Even though I disagree with LiQuid and would love to see some broodiness in the book. But then again, I don't know the character.
I like Sauerkraut and Wurst!
DerBonk

Postby kenzo » Nov 13th, 2012 @ 1:02am

Covers for Vibe in the JLA and Katana #1. I don't know why Katana is getting her own book. I hope it's a miniseries that plans to end relatively quickly, because she's a boring character. And having a bullseye on your forehead is possibly even more dumb than having a bullseye on your chest. I can't imagine her propping up her own book for years on end. Vibe on the other hand looks rad.

ImageImage
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Nov 13th, 2012 @ 2:24am

kenzo wrote:And having a bullseye on your forehead

Uhmmm...

LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Nov 13th, 2012 @ 12:42pm

You say that like I of all people wouldn't recognize the Japanese flag. :lol: That doesn't negate the fact that it's a stupid thing to put your face.

Also, the name is a dumb name. Imagine a superhero rolling around who used a gun and was called "Gun". It's the same thing.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Dec 21st, 2012 @ 4:49pm

Gail Simone rehired to write Batgirl :lol:

Shit wouldn't have happened if she had a dick. DC is a fucking joke run by spineless retards.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Jan 18th, 2013 @ 12:30pm

A new daily dose of DC doomsaying courtesy of Bleeding Cool.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/01/18/ ... dc-comics/

I'll never get tired of hearing about how fucked their editorial is over there.

DiDio... It's no coincidence that the list of books mentioned there that feel like they're more creatively driven than editorially driven (Action Comics, Batman, Batwoman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Animal Man, Green Lantern, All Star Western, Aquaman, Swamp Thing) are the majority of the books I've been able to keep up with. It's almost pointless to read a smaller, editorially driven book from DC because you don't know who is going to be creating it from one month to the next, much less what is going to be happening in it.
LiQuid

Postby Master Higgins » Jan 18th, 2013 @ 12:32pm

Even DC apologist/super-fan #1 Master Higgins can't disagree that this shit is whack.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Jan 20th, 2013 @ 10:49pm

I think I'm enjoying the Dark side of DC more than the Hero side. Then again I'm only on #6 on most.
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby LiQuid » Jan 21st, 2013 @ 5:13am

All the best hero books in DC feature very little superheroics too. DC's way too grimdark.
LiQuid

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Jan 21st, 2013 @ 3:56pm

DC is super heavy and Sci-Fi, at least what I've been reading. From what I've read of Marvel it feels more light and fantastical.
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby LiQuid » Jan 26th, 2013 @ 4:50pm

http://www.discountmags.com/promos/hobbysale/521/comics

Cheap ass DC subs. $13/yr for some good books like Aquaman, WW, Batman & Robin, Green Lantern, Green Arrow (in time for Lemire/Sorrentino!)
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Feb 7th, 2013 @ 4:03pm

Sounds like DC taking out the trash again with Hawkman, Firestorm, Sword of Sorcery Ravagers and Team 7 on the chopping block.

I only really care about the loss of SoS in theory. I haven't been keeping up with it but it sounds like it has been bad. The rest of that crap, I figure only Brock will be sad over them.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Feb 7th, 2013 @ 4:28pm

I really could give two shits about Hawkman. I'm kinda interested in Firestorm because of the Blackest Night/Brightest Day things I've been reading, but I think he's probably a character that's better on a team versus sustaining his own book (same with Hawkman). I think both these guys are moving to JLA, right? So no big loss here if you're fans of the characters. I don't even know what Team 7 is, I never even read a single issue and it looked like another pointless teamup book filled with nobodies. Ravagers has been pretty pointless so far. It's like Teen Titans's B-Team, but really dumb. I really want to sit down and read Sword of Sorcery, but just haven't had the time to.

Some of the original N52 titles that they've cancelled because of low sales like iVampire, I'm not really sure why if they're just going to replace them with other titles that get killed after 5 or 7 issues. It really makes me think that if they're unwilling to have low-circulating books, they should trim the 52 down to even less than 52 or begin double-shipping a very limited number of titles (like 1 or 2) like just Justice League.
kenzo

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics