Wherein we discuss sequential drawings, linked together by word balloons to form meaningful narratives.

Re: DC reboots entire line

Postby Master Higgins » Jun 8th, 2012 @ 9:38am

I'm down. The return of Amethyst should make some people happy.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby kenzo » Jun 8th, 2012 @ 10:51am

Saw a Talon book coming from a mile away. Will read.
kenzo

Postby SerpentineZERO » Jun 8th, 2012 @ 1:22pm

Actually, i think I'll pick up the Sword and Sorcery book too. I'm not really interested in the Phantom Stranger book but it'll probably be important for that whole Trinity War thing.
SerpentineZERO

Postby SerpentineZERO » Jun 11th, 2012 @ 11:42am

So it looks like Voodoo, Captain Atom, Justice League International, and Resurrection Man are getting the axe. The first two aren't surprising, but i'm a bit more surprised at the latter two.
SerpentineZERO

Postby Master Higgins » Jun 11th, 2012 @ 2:19pm

JLI was announced a while back, but it sounds like they're going to replace it with another book. The rumor is Justice League of America. Resurrection Man, I'm sad to see go. The other two aren't that surprising, although I am surprised to see Legion Lost still going.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby kenzo » Jun 11th, 2012 @ 3:02pm

Master Higgins wrote:JLI was announced a while back, but it sounds like they're going to replace it with another book. The rumor is Justice League of America. Resurrection Man, I'm sad to see go. The other two aren't that surprising, although I am surprised to see Legion Lost still going.
I hate Legion Lost. Why do I have to fuckin' read this book in order to understand what's going on with my Titans??? I'm getting tired of crossovers, and I'm still a 1-year noob to comics!
kenzo

Postby SerpentineZERO » Jun 11th, 2012 @ 4:04pm

Master Higgins wrote:JLI was announced a while back, but it sounds like they're going to replace it with another book. The rumor is Justice League of America. Resurrection Man, I'm sad to see go. The other two aren't that surprising, although I am surprised to see Legion Lost still going.

If they do replace it with JLA, then they would cancel another book to keep the 52 books thing going. They've already announced the four books replacing it.
SerpentineZERO

Postby kenzo » Jun 11th, 2012 @ 4:14pm

I hope that they cancel Batman: Dark Knight, or Detective Comics, but they'll never do it because those actually sell (for who knows what reason).
kenzo

Postby SerpentineZERO » Jun 11th, 2012 @ 4:21pm

I read somewhere that Legion Lost got a pretty good bump in sales because of the Culling crossover, so maybe that's why it's staying for now. I doubt it'll survive the next round of cuts though.

And seriously on the Batman books. Batman: TDK is useless. Though it might be saved with #10 with a new writer. We'll see.
SerpentineZERO

Postby Roadie Brock » Jun 11th, 2012 @ 11:18pm

The cancellation of Resurrection Man is BULLSHIT!!!
"Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem"

http://www.conspiratorbrock.com/
Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Postby LiQuid » Jun 12th, 2012 @ 12:11am

What the fuck?! Resurrection Man?????
LiQuid

Postby DerBonk » Jun 12th, 2012 @ 12:55pm

kenzo wrote: I'm getting tired of crossovers, and I'm still a 1-year noob to comics!

I am in the same position. The New 52 brought me in and the crossovers and pointless attention grabs put me off again. The stories are just forced (often) and uninteresting. Even though you guys lolwutted my reason to drop I, Vampire, it's exactly this. These books don't tell a story, they are marketing themselves all the time, everything else is just tacked on (including the story and characters). I just don't care then, even if some of the stories are good. Zombies vs. Vampires in the DCU, wtf!?! For what reason except "Zombies always sell well!" ? I don't have the money to give DC any more benefit of the doubt. I did stay around for Batman, Animal Man and Swamp Thing, but I feel like they feel different to me. Back to Indie books, I guess. Seriously, read Dark Horse Presents, dammit!

LiQuid wrote:What the fuck?! Resurrection Man?????

Roadie Brock wrote:The cancellation of Resurrection Man is BULLSHIT!!!

It may seem contradictory, but I agree. I like Ressurection Man and Suicide Squad for their over the top stories and characters (although the women in RM were a bit too caricature for my taste), just like I enjoy Deadpool. But these books don't try to be more than cheap thrills, laughs and action. That's cool, I get them digitally a month later and enjoy them. Would never drop more serious books for their sake though. Still, WTF, Resurrection Man had a lot of ridiculous, cool ideas.
I like Sauerkraut and Wurst!
DerBonk

Postby SerpentineZERO » Jun 12th, 2012 @ 2:18pm

DerBonk wrote: Even though you guys lolwutted my reason to drop I, Vampire, it's exactly this. These books don't tell a story, they are marketing themselves all the time, everything else is just tacked on (including the story and characters). I just don't care then, even if some of the stories are good. Zombies vs. Vampires in the DCU, wtf!?! For what reason except "Zombies always sell well!" ? I don't have the money to give DC any more benefit of the doubt.

I just think if you loved the book, you'd at least give the writer the benefit of the doubt.
SerpentineZERO

Postby DerBonk » Jun 12th, 2012 @ 2:28pm

SerpentineZERO wrote:I just think if you loved the book, you'd at least give the writer the benefit of the doubt.

I understand that and maybe I should, but trotting out Zombies out of the blue is just a shark-jumping line that I cannot stand being crossed. Especially when it is presented as "THE FIGHT OF THE MILLENNIUM! WHO WILL WIN IN A FIGHT BETWEEN ZOMBIES AND VAMPIRES??? ZOMG!" That is stupid and even if I've loved the book so far, it just turned me off completely. Maybe I'll jump back on later, but I will not support this nonsense.
I like Sauerkraut and Wurst!
DerBonk

Postby IliyaMoroumetz » Jul 12th, 2012 @ 10:32pm

I'm probably in the minority, but I liked the Amanda Conners run of Power Girl. It didn't take itself seriously much and there was something special about the eyes of the characters that made it nice.

I can understand the need for change in her outfit and all... however, I still prefer the version where she was more built like a body builder than the current one. Oh well. :/
IliyaMoroumetz

Postby SerpentineZERO » Jul 12th, 2012 @ 10:47pm

I thought a lot of people liked that run.
SerpentineZERO

Postby IliyaMoroumetz » Jul 13th, 2012 @ 10:53am

Oh, well, either way, I kinda wish they'd bring back Conners for another run since it was so enjoyable.
IliyaMoroumetz

Postby kenzo » Aug 14th, 2012 @ 11:52am

November solicitations teaser:
Ooooo, Joker-time! This should be good, right?

Nononononononononogodwtfwhyyyyyyy
Last edited by kenzo on Aug 14th, 2012 @ 12:36pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Aug 14th, 2012 @ 12:28pm

Gotta be fake. An Ed Benes cover with no prominent butt shot?
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Aug 14th, 2012 @ 12:43pm

He's still managed to show a lot of gravity defying clevage and curves for a woman lying on her back.
kenzo

Postby SerpentineZERO » Aug 14th, 2012 @ 4:36pm

I'm sure Guillem March could've managed to fit an ass shot in there
SerpentineZERO

Postby Roadie Brock » Aug 14th, 2012 @ 10:35pm

SerpentineZERO wrote:I'm sure Guillem March could've managed to fit an ass shot in there

Agreed.
"Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem"

http://www.conspiratorbrock.com/
Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Postby LiQuid » Aug 23rd, 2012 @ 11:08am

I know all you apes are all "LIEFELD WAAAAH" but he's kind of the story this week as he abruptly dropped all 3 of his books and left DC and has started kind of a minor shitstorm over the editors controlling his books. Regardless of what you think of Rob, this kinda story has been coming out a LOT since the New 52 from guys like George Perez and whoever that newbie was writing Static. New 52 seems like it's still going strong but the stories coming out make editorial over there seem straight up draconian. :lol:
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Aug 23rd, 2012 @ 3:51pm

I don't know anything about about his work pre52, but his shit in the N52 sucks, so I won't miss it.
kenzo

Postby kenzo » Aug 26th, 2012 @ 2:03am

Spoiler: show
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Aug 26th, 2012 @ 2:35am

Lee and Reis sharing art duties???
LiQuid

Postby Olympia » Aug 29th, 2012 @ 10:47pm

LiQuid wrote:Lee and Reis sharing art duties???

It's like dc is trying to figure out a way to formulate the most repugnant art that can possibly sell

Even though it doesn't really make sense, theat joker cover is the best of capullo's covers, except for the dumb digital text on the back of the shirt.
-=187 ride or die=-
Olympia

Postby kenzo » Aug 29th, 2012 @ 11:22pm

OK - the GL Annual was dumb. THIS is what we've been building up towards? The "Third Army" is simply The Heartless? Boooooooooooooooo.
kenzo

Postby kenzo » Sep 3rd, 2012 @ 10:06pm

Superman annual was pretty good, but it kind of ends in a deflated manner where it's like "uh... ok - what was all that for?"

JLI was the tits. So sad to see it end; hopefully Booster will be back with the JLA or somewhere else.

kevinep3 is insane for not liking the Flash annual - it's easily the best of the bunch that got released last week. So the art is a little disjointed - it still looked okay (compared to Superman, which looked like ass) and the story was coolbeans.
kenzo

Postby kenzo » Sep 4th, 2012 @ 2:39pm

The First, Final Crisis on Crisis-Crisis
kenzo

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics