Wherein we discuss sequential drawings, linked together by word balloons to form meaningful narratives.

Whats Up At Your Local Comic Cons?

Postby MidoriFox » Nov 26th, 2011 @ 2:46am

Man this year's Emerald City Comic Con Is gonna be awesome via the media guests alone!

Adam Baldwin
Summer Glau :o
Christopher Judge
Katee Sackhoff

They'll be adding more as the con gets closer.

Also some famous comic book people too ;D Like
Kirkman
Bruce Timm

Among many others.

Anyone close by or planning to go next year?
http://www.emeraldcitycomicon.com

Whats going on around everyone else?
"Its milk and egg, bitch"
MidoriFox

Re: Whats Up At Your Local Comic Cons?

Postby LiQuid » Nov 26th, 2011 @ 3:35am

I don't go to comic book conventions because they are full of comic books fans.
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » Nov 26th, 2011 @ 1:11pm

Guess what? You're a comic book fan, dipshit.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Nov 26th, 2011 @ 1:23pm

No I'm not.
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » Nov 26th, 2011 @ 1:34pm

Guess you were trolling with all your posting in the comics thread then. :roll:
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby ReturnOfTheOgre » Nov 27th, 2011 @ 2:43pm

There was an attempt at a convention here locally a while back. Basically it was a bunch of high-schoolers talking about anime and manga. They did get Scott McCloud to come by however, which was cool.
ReturnOfTheOgre

Postby jinpei05 » Nov 27th, 2011 @ 7:12pm

Looking forward to C2E2 in April. This will be their third year, and hopefully it will be even more awesome.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby DarthChris4 » Nov 29th, 2011 @ 10:11pm

I went to WonderCon in San Francisco for the first time in April. It was fun and I almost went to the Green Lantern panel (maybe it was better I missed it?) but went to the Dr. Who panel instead. That was pretty neat, got a limited edition T-Shirt for free. I was looking forward to going next year, with an eye on catching whatever comic stuff they would have had, but if it's going to be in Anaheim in April, I won't be able to get down there because of school.
DarthChris4

Postby tnitnetny » Dec 1st, 2011 @ 10:18am

Pittsburgh Comic Con looks good this year with Stan Lee. I decided to get a table so heading up for all 3 days.

Hey, I just checked the site and I am listed on the front page as a guest. Awesome.
tnitnetny
Geekbox VIP

Postby Fade2Black » Dec 1st, 2011 @ 7:36pm

DarthChris4 wrote:I went to WonderCon in San Francisco for the first time in April. It was fun and I almost went to the Green Lantern panel (maybe it was better I missed it?) but went to the Dr. Who panel instead. That was pretty neat, got a limited edition T-Shirt for free. I was looking forward to going next year, with an eye on catching whatever comic stuff they would have had, but if it's going to be in Anaheim in April, I won't be able to get down there because of school.

I attended that Dr. Who panel as did Ryan, Toby, and Charlie. Were you sitting with us? I was shooting photos of cosplayers prior to the start of the panel, and didn't return to my seat until right before the start of the panel. So even if you were there, I likely missed any formal introductions.

As previously reported, WonderCon will be held in Anaheim this year, but Image Comics will be debuting a con in Oakland.
Coincidently, the first few WonderCon expos were held in Oakland. Eventually the venue became too large for its britches, so it relocated to San Francisco's Moscone Center.

Details about the Image Expo are slowly emerging. I've talked with a few creators who plan to have booths there. On the first day of the con, there's going to be an after the con party at one of the local shops (free booze - always a plus) and several folks whom I normally meet up with once a year at WonderCon are already talking about doing something similar for the Image Expo. In years past, our posse (about 20 people in all) would meet up for dim sum after the con. I'm sure we'll do something similar for Image-Expo '12.
Fade2Black

Postby Ironmaniac » Dec 29th, 2011 @ 7:44pm

Here in So. Cal. In Jan. I will be hitting the LA SciFi Comic Con at the Shrine in downtown LA
Ironmaniac

Postby George Costanza » Jan 2nd, 2012 @ 6:03pm

whats the best comic con in the UK?
George Costanza

Postby Fade2Black » Feb 17th, 2012 @ 3:37pm

Oakland California's Image Expo is a week from today.
I plan to attend, though my real motive for going is to meet up with some of the WonderCon regulars for a post-con meet-up.
The expo itself has been woefully promoted, which if experience has taught me anything, is an ominous sign. The expo's guest list might have been impressive in 1993, but other than a few select creators, there aren't very many guests I'm clamoring to see.

Will anyone else here be going?
Fade2Black

Postby tnitnetny » Apr 19th, 2012 @ 5:15am

Pittsburgh Comic Con is this weekend. If anyone is going, stop by and say hi! I have a booth in the small press section.
tnitnetny
Geekbox VIP

Postby ceroxide » Jun 21st, 2012 @ 1:44pm

there was a Comic Con here about a month ago, it was okay mostly anime and Star Wars but what really made it for me were 2 things
1. a comic book that I don't follow at all, Transformers by IDW, the lead artist is one of my HS friends and he actually remembered me.
2. Joe Mad came to the convention 2 days in a row, he did some signing and held a 2 hour Darksiders 2 conference and then did 1 hour of Q&A of whatever you wanted to ask him, and then MORE signing! I know most of you are like "who the hell is Joe Mad" but if you've ever read Deadpool, X-Men, Age of Apocalypse, or Battle Chasers during the 90's or his more recent the first 3 issues of Avenging Spider-Man then you've seen his work and I've been a fan since his days in Deadpool

but yeah other than that comic-con over here is kinda boring
ceroxide

Postby TopHaZZard » Jun 22nd, 2012 @ 8:11am

Well anime expo is coming up soon in Los Angeles. I usually go because its like 10 mins from my house.
TopHaZZard

Postby Fade2Black » Apr 25th, 2013 @ 11:35am

IMAGE EXPO is headed back to the Bay Area in July.

http://imagecomics.tumblr.com/post/4886 ... -expo-2013
Fade2Black

Whats Up At Your Local Comic Cons

Postby Osamajhyil » Oct 7th, 2017 @ 12:17pm

I know our favorites are always changing -- but right now, at this very point in time, what is the BEST comic book out there?
I recommend trying this trading system for reliable trading
Osamajhyil

How To Convert MP4 To WAV Audio File For Mac & LAPTOP

Postby Foemesque » Oct 16th, 2017 @ 5:10am

It's really unbelievable information for audiophiles and film lovers that the latest Windows 10 formally provides support to the Free lossless Audio Codec, FLAC, and the HD video format MKV. A: The WAV to MP4 Converter obtain for PC works on most present Home windows working systems. Generally you may want to convert a video file to an mp3 to take with on an iPod or to simply hearken to the audio with out the video. Nevertheless, when you use a set like Sony Vegas, you can straight save your work as an mp4 file. Different options that can convert wav to compressed formats are CDex (one online wav to mp4 converter of my favorites), and EAC (Exact Audio Copy). Set this audio converter to auto exit, shut down, stand by, or hibernate your COMPUTER after a task is full so you'll be able to consider other issues. Movavi Video Converter can do everything you need in terms of converting information and rather more. Some of these applications had been made particularly for file conversion only; different programs had been music software program packages that occurred to have this file conversion utility as certainly one of their many features.
Sound Normalizer is the opportunity of growing the quantity acquire of every aac file, thereby avoiding that some aac information sound too low, whereas others have peaks of very excessive quantity; obtain aacgain song normalization aac normalisieren freeware. Clicking this hyperlink wav2mp4 converter will begin the installer to obtain WAV to MP4 Converter free for Windows. Once the obtain is full, double-click the installer and observe the on-display instructions. IStonsoft Free Video Converter is such an universal and versatile free video conversion software program for users.
Go to the web site of your preferred free video converter, and download it. Run this system's installer, and observe the wizard to install the program in your system. This can be a useful characteristic for many of customers who need to watch movies on the latest popular wav2mp4 windows players like iPhone 6 plus (2015), PS4 (2014), Xbox 360, Android telephones, and more. Convert DAV recordsdata to AVI, WMV or MP4 to play DAV files on kinds of media players together with VLC, Windows Media Player, and extra. Lame (LAME Ain't an MP3 Encoder) - To decode MP3 to WAV, and encode WAV to MP3 file.
Download online Free wav to mp4 converter: freeware wav to mp4 converter click to read more http://www.audio-transcoder.com/how-to- ... les-to-mp4
Foemesque

Forum Statistics