Wherein we discuss sequential drawings, linked together by word balloons to form meaningful narratives.

Re: X-Thread

Postby Master Higgins » May 9th, 2012 @ 9:43am

You forgot to mention Corea.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby kenzo » May 9th, 2012 @ 10:05am

Master Higgins wrote:You forgot to mention Corea.
Higgins, y u so fat???

;)
kenzo

Postby Olympia » May 9th, 2012 @ 12:02pm

suck on my dong-saeng.

Lol
-=187 ride or die=-
Olympia

Postby LiQuid » May 9th, 2012 @ 2:23pm

A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » May 10th, 2012 @ 3:10pm

I'm finally starting to get the Marvel Blues a bit. I was promised AvX wouldn't fuck with WatXM and here it is now totally fucked, with half the staff jumping ship to go join stupid fucking Cyclops' bullshit Me Vs. The World bullshit. As a vehicle for just superheroes punching each other I have no fundamental gripe with AvX but they could not have possibly given Cyke and Cap more indefensible positions on this "issue." It feels like they're trying to recapture some of the heat that Civil War had but this doesn't even come close. They're fighting over possession of a fucking girl and neither side has a plan for what they're going to even do with her or the Pheonix once they get there. It's already fucking tiring and we're, what, a third of the way in? I'm going on comic hiatus, someone wake me up when shit gets interesting.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » May 10th, 2012 @ 5:18pm

I had an opportunity at a con a few years ago to buy an animation cell of Sabertooth from the old 90s cartoon - infinite abs and all. Someone had pilfered the cells and were selling them for relatively cheap. I greatly regret the mistake of not buying them.

:(
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Aug 28th, 2012 @ 10:40pm

The new X-Treme X-Men #1 MIGHT have been the single stupidest comic of all time. This is a perfect example of Marvel just throwing shit on the wall to see if it sticks. There's potential for hilarious stories with the trans-dimensional shit (and believe me I laughed plenty at the first issue) but brand-wide they could REALLY use a full restructuring of all their fucking lines, and the X-books in particular. There doesn't need to be a 20th ongoing with "X-" in the title...
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Aug 30th, 2012 @ 1:12am

When I was reading through AvX I noticed Olivier Coipel drew Magik like a fricken babe with her Phoenix 5 getup, so I found em to share since nobody here is reading it.

Spoiler: show
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Aug 30th, 2012 @ 2:05pm

Bachalo is off WatXM

LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Sep 6th, 2012 @ 4:34am

Caught up with Adjectiveless and Legacy. Legacy has been completely run of the mill and pretty uninteresting with Christos Gage writing it. I've lost count of all the by-the-numbers misunderstandings leading to superheroes punching each other for what is basically no good reason. Also for a Rogue centric book, I'm really not a fan of the way Rogue inner monologues in this at all. She's very pining and brooding. Gotta say though, I was really starting to miss Mike Carey's intergalactic/interdimensional adventures and right on cue, Rogue gets whisked off to an alien planet. Too bad the sideplot here is by the numbers as well, with the two species warring for supremacy over one another.

Brian Wood taking over Adjectiveless though has been a huge surprise. I was kind of underwhelmed by Alpha and Omega last year, but this take on Storm's "Security Team" so far has been great. The dialog has been perfect, and it's great to see Storm butting heads with Scott and Colossus instead of just being whisked away on vampire adventures. Also lots of Pixie, Domino and Psylocke, more of my favorite X-chix, all with lots of great dialogue. Overall it kind of feels like mutant spy shit, but not in a violent/covert ops way like X-Force.

I swear I read somewhere that one or both of these series was ending soon. Regardless of how all the X-books shake out post-AvX, I really hope Brian Wood lands on an X-book and gets to continue a book with this tone. Alpha and Omega seemed like a cute idea that had to be stretched out to a 5 issue mini, but this current run seems like a pretty awesome, grand idea that might unfortunately get the ax too soon.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Sep 13th, 2012 @ 7:54pm

Pretty much the only good thing I've seen come out of ALL the Marvel Now shit.

LiQuid

Postby Master Higgins » Sep 14th, 2012 @ 1:58pm

I thought she was run over with a tire.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Endest » Sep 15th, 2012 @ 2:08pm

Master Higgins wrote:I thought she was run over with a tire.

That was my very first thought as well... "Tread Girl" perhaps?
Endest

Postby Endest » Sep 27th, 2012 @ 7:53pm

Endest

Postby LiQuid » Sep 27th, 2012 @ 8:43pm

Who cares? The FF and X-Men movies don't really run any risk of getting much worse...
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Sep 28th, 2012 @ 2:10am

Imploring anybody who reads this post to pick up Wolverine and the X-Men 17. I think it was my favorite single issue of any comic ever and I want to get it signed by Jason Aaron and Mike Allred and be buried with it. Please, for the love of all that is good in the world, read the comic.
LiQuid

Postby SerpentineZERO » Oct 1st, 2012 @ 8:01pm

I second the above post. It's one of the best single issues i've read, well, ever.
SerpentineZERO

Postby BagODicks » Oct 16th, 2012 @ 2:19pm

AvX has to be one of the worst event books ever. All it did was undo House of M and make Cyclops a bad guy. Does anyone really think the Phoenix is gone for good? URGH.
BagODicks

Postby LiQuid » Oct 16th, 2012 @ 2:34pm

BagODicks wrote:AvX has to be one of the worst event books ever. All it did was undo House of M and make Cyclops a bad guy. Does anyone really think the Phoenix is gone for good? URGH.

What is with you? It was awesome because it undid House of M (it was a calculated end game) and made Cyclops a bad guy. And no, nobody thinks Phoenix is gone for good. It will be back later to bring Jean back from the dead in A+X Vs. Phoenix next year.
LiQuid

Postby BagODicks » Oct 16th, 2012 @ 2:52pm

:roll:
BagODicks

Postby LiQuid » Nov 2nd, 2012 @ 11:33am

Q: What is the secret recipe to make LiQuid not care about Uncanny X-Men?

A:
LiQuid

Postby Master Higgins » Nov 2nd, 2012 @ 6:35pm

No fucking shit. Terrible.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby LiQuid » Nov 5th, 2012 @ 11:20am

So I been reading Morrison's New X-Men and that first dozen or so issues was totally magical, despite the art being kinda crappy (more fill ins than Quitely, and I don't even really like Quitely that much to begin with). I know Morrison invented him, but after reading Remender's take on Fantomex, this original version seems like such a god damned cheeseball. :lol:
LiQuid

Postby Master Higgins » Nov 5th, 2012 @ 2:50pm

Morrison's New X-Men is easily my favorite X-book ever. Incredible, and the Xorn reveal (the real Xorn) remains one of my fav moments in modern comic history.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby LiQuid » Nov 5th, 2012 @ 3:35pm

Yeah I accidentally spoiled that for myself, which sucks but still enjoying it for the most part. :lol:
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Nov 7th, 2012 @ 11:38am

Wow, X-Men 38 is my official "Where the HELL did that come from?" comic of 2012... A writer I've never heard of, an artist I've never heard of both putting down great work on a Domino/Daredevil team up? Say what now?

I have no idea why that book exist or more importantly why it is called X-Men #38 and not Motherfucking Anything Else #1... Why wasn't this just Marvel NOW'd like everything else? How long is this book going to continue on like this with this writer and artist and numbering? What the fuck does this have to do with anything that has been going on in this adjectiveless X-Men book for the last 37 issues? Do I need to start finally paying attention to solicits so I can keep track of whatever the hell Marvel is doing? So many questions I have no answer to.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Nov 15th, 2012 @ 5:59am

Not sure if I was just smitten with Stuart Immonen's amazing art but I think I might have really enjoyed All New X-Men... I don't think I'll ever get tired of militant, revolutionary Cyclops and I hope they aren't quick to revert him back to a boyscout.

WatXM 20 was ok too. Shark Girl and Crawdad Boy were maybe a little overly absurd (did LiQuid just say something was too absurd???) and Shark Girl's super defiant tude gave me immediate flashbacks to Angel Salvadore (from Morrison's New X-Men which I just so happened to have just read last week) but thankfully she loosened up once she got back to the school. I'm dismayed to find out that they backburner'd the Broo situation for the time being. I'm glad they mentioned it at least but I'm invested in Broo, Idie, and QQ and wanna see what they're doing, not these new kids!
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Dec 22nd, 2012 @ 7:49am

Here's an excellent postmortem for UXF.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=42771
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=42784

I'd kind of forgotten how utterly fucked Dark Angel Saga was for Wolverine. Poor guy. :(
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Jan 26th, 2013 @ 3:39am

Wish I could have a poster of Noto's latest Astonishing cover. :(

LiQuid

Previous
Forum Statistics