Wherein we discuss sequential drawings, linked together by word balloons to form meaningful narratives.

Re: X-Thread

Postby LiQuid » Mar 15th, 2012 @ 10:24pm

Broo panel I mentioned in the post above:

Reminded me of this:

Think Nick Bradshaw ever played SoM or just a coincidence??
LiQuid

Postby SerpentineZERO » Mar 17th, 2012 @ 5:22pm

SerpentineZERO

Postby LiQuid » Mar 17th, 2012 @ 5:55pm

LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Mar 17th, 2012 @ 6:35pm

*jizz in my pants*
kenzo

Postby Killinginist » Mar 19th, 2012 @ 2:22pm

Yay, Dazzler!
Killinginist

Postby SerpentineZERO » Mar 19th, 2012 @ 10:20pm

I saw a preview for X-Men Season One and i just might have to buy it for the art alone. I was going to wait for the paperback but fuck this is some sweet art.

It makes me wanna buy every book he's done.

Also, the teenage soap opera thing seems right up my alley.
SerpentineZERO

Postby LiQuid » Mar 22nd, 2012 @ 10:59am

Latest Jean Grey School livetweet archive. I still love these. Gives me a reason to read through WatXM again, even though I've got a growing stack of comics I haven't even read once yet.

http://marvel.com/news/story/18354/jean ... kes_combat

I LOVE that Dr. Xanto Starblood, the villain of the arc, has a Twitter account. :lol:
LiQuid

Postby Killinginist » Mar 22nd, 2012 @ 1:26pm

Just read WatXM 7 with the conclusion to the whole kitty pride thing, and various other stories. Awesome! I loved that book. It was great. I actually felt bad for Broo at the end of it! Where are they going to take his characterfrom here, are they going to touch on it anymore? Really well done. Enjoyed the crap out of it. Which I know LiQuid will approve of. LiQuid approves +20.
Killinginist

Postby SerpentineZERO » Mar 31st, 2012 @ 11:53pm

So the first issue by the new creative team on Astonishing X-Men came out, anyone read it? I thought it was fun and i'm interested to see where the story goes.
SerpentineZERO

Postby Killinginist » Apr 4th, 2012 @ 9:22am

SerpentineZERO wrote:So the first issue by the new creative team on Astonishing X-Men came out, anyone read it? I thought it was fun and i'm interested to see where the story goes.

Yeah I read it as well Serpent. I didn't hear much good about it in reviews, but I also thought it was fun. I had a good time reading with it and will be picking up at least a couple more issues of it to see what happens. It's fun to see some of their lives outside of the X-men, I really liked the Gambit stuff. I liked Marjorie Liu's X23, so I am excited to see what she does with this X-men group...
Killinginist

Postby LiQuid » Apr 4th, 2012 @ 4:40pm

Only took me one issue of WatXM to remember how much I absolutely loathe Chris Bachalo. I honestly, no hyperbole, would rather read raw scripts than have to sit through another issue with his art in it. Even if I could forgive the overall style of his art, (which I've done in the past, and if you enjoy it, more power to you), I can not abide his stupendously shitty coloring. I have never, ever seen a more blandly colored comic book than WatXM 8.

In case anybody needs a reminder, over the last couple months with Bradshaw and Ponsor on art this has become one of my if not my sole favorite comic book. All the background detail and all the hilarious little jokes and bits placed into the art made every Bradshaw issue as much a picture hunt as an actual reading experience. I was dreading the return of Bachalo and he more than surpassed expectations for how shitty he could get with this issue. At first it started out with my heart sinking a little more every time I turned the first couple of pages. Then every single new panel became its own new disappointment. By the end of the book, probably the final 1/4 of it or so, I was so burned out from hating the art that I have no fucking clue what even happened and now I'm going to have to go back and read the fuck through it again just to try and understand what the hell happened at the end.

I'm just so damned disappointed right now. This is by far the most emo and bitchy I've ever gotten over a comic book so enjoy it or call me a fanboy or a whiner or whatever else, but somebody please tell me I'm not completely insane for thinking Bachalo is poison on this book.
LiQuid

Postby Killinginist » Apr 5th, 2012 @ 1:55pm

I won't go as far as tellin gyou your not insane, but I did like the "fill in" artists work on the book better. The writing is so good in WatXM, I am able to enjoy the book for the humorous and great stories. I will agree that the coloring in the last issue left a lot to be desired. But I loved the focus on Angel and Genesis, getting to see what is going on with them post Dark Angel Saga. I hope they keep that part of the book up.

But yes, we all know you are in love with WatXM LiQuid, how could we forget? I don't for one see how you can dig Foreman's art and loathe Bachalo's! :p I'm only joking!
Killinginist

Postby Olympia » Apr 5th, 2012 @ 6:07pm

Bradshaw was really awesome but I don't think the artist change is worthy of an all-comics ragequit meltdown.

I could not be the less interested in this new story arc.
-=187 ride or die=-
Olympia

Postby LiQuid » Apr 5th, 2012 @ 6:15pm

I didn't even think Bradshaw was perfect. I don't like the way he did most of the faces. That said it was vibrant and fun to look at. Bachalo is trying way too hard to make this book look "cool" for all the fucking manga kiddies. Tonally this issue was so far away from Bradshaw's issues it's not even funny.
LiQuid

Postby Olympia » Apr 5th, 2012 @ 6:23pm

Well, I fucking love X-Force and now you understand my pain when anyone other than Jerome Opeña is on it. Especially the current arc. fucking lord that art is ugly
-=187 ride or die=-
Olympia

Postby LiQuid » Apr 5th, 2012 @ 6:34pm

Yeah Tocchini on UXF almost killed me as well but he was just a temporary fill in. Bachalo is the "star" artist on WatXM. There's no avoiding him there and I've now realized it. I even kinda fooled myself into not minding him too much in that first arc but now that I know what that book can be be without him I don't want to go back. You can at least live on knowing that there's a high likelihood Tocchini will never come back to UXF.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Apr 10th, 2012 @ 10:50am

LiQuid

Postby Master Higgins » Apr 10th, 2012 @ 12:50pm

Where's that from?
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Killinginist » Apr 10th, 2012 @ 1:17pm

Yeah, where did you score that LiQuid and who is writing it. I need to post my pull list and then have you guys vote on what I should drop. I can't keep up with all these awesome new titles coming out. Let alone keep up with my current pull list. I am a big Gambit fan though, so a series starting in August would be great!
Killinginist

Postby LiQuid » Apr 10th, 2012 @ 1:43pm

It's from the internet, where else? It might be the new Fraction/Aja joint that was hinted yesterday (but that still seems like a Hawkeye project to me, just from the bullseyes in the logo).
LiQuid

Postby SerpentineZERO » Apr 15th, 2012 @ 7:10pm

Coming August 2012, written by James Asmus and art by Clay Mann
SerpentineZERO

Postby Master Higgins » Apr 16th, 2012 @ 1:12pm

That is some seriously ugly art.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby kenzo » Apr 16th, 2012 @ 2:03pm

I kinda like it....
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Apr 16th, 2012 @ 3:21pm

It's Gambit. He doesn't deserve good art.
LiQuid

Postby Killinginist » Apr 16th, 2012 @ 5:27pm

I'm torn on the art, but leaning toward not liking it... I actually like the Gambit character. Good memories of him from my childhood. We'll see what happens!
Killinginist

Postby LiQuid » Apr 16th, 2012 @ 5:34pm

The only thing I remember about Gambit from my youth was that X-Men TAS episode where he's talking about his family and "da tithe! da tithe!" I hate his stupid trench coat and his stupid Gumbo accent. He's a waste of a good bo staff IMO.
LiQuid

Postby SerpentineZERO » Apr 16th, 2012 @ 7:53pm

I didn't grow up watching the cartoon but i saw the Christmas episode last December and he spent the episode arguing with Jean about the Christmas dinner. I don't really have much of an opinion on him.
SerpentineZERO

Postby Killinginist » Apr 19th, 2012 @ 11:45am

I pretty much believe anyone who uses a Bo-staff is cool. Including Gambit. I also use to like his feuds with Wolverine and the relationship with Rogue. I don't think Gambit is all a bad guy. I do remember hoping they didn't cave and put him in the X-movies, then they threw him in Wolverine. :p
Killinginist

Postby LiQuid » Apr 19th, 2012 @ 12:25pm

A little splash of color makes Bachalo's art easier to swallow in WatXM 9 but for the most part I still fucking loathe his coloring. I still don't get why almost every single page he colors has to be so monochromatic. The page where Husk is suiting up the kids for jetpack lessons(!) is one of the brownest comic book pages I've ever seen. The sky is brown, the clouds are brown, everyone's faces are brown, Husk's hair (and others' hair) is brown, her outfit is brown... Brown, brown brown. Then there's some red pages then a bunch more brown ones... It's just gross. Also how come every time a character is in the foreground they have to be all one solid block of grey/blue?? I can't tell if he's going for some sort of bland, thematic consistency but it comes off as fucking lazy and it does his art a HUGE disservice.

Adjectiveless 27 was as terrible as the last couple. This artist sucks ass by the bucketload and the writer is worse. This book alone makes me hopeful that the Bendis rumors are true and we can get some sort of overhaul on the "Team Cyclops" side of the X-books.
LiQuid

Postby Killinginist » Apr 19th, 2012 @ 1:35pm

I think Greg Land is probably available? We could probably get him on WatXM!
Killinginist

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics