Wherein we discuss sequential drawings, linked together by word balloons to form meaningful narratives.

Scarlet Spider

Postby DarthEnder » Feb 26th, 2013 @ 6:22pm

I think what they're doing here is pretty cool.

One of the things that always annoys me about Spider-man is writers are always trying to give him new powers and abilities, and he always ends up losing them because Spider-man always has to be vanilla Spider-man in the long run.

I've never been a fan of that. I like my characters to grow and improve over time. Get stronger. Probably the reason I like shounen anime so much.

So this idea of them creating this other character that's basically Spider-man, but they can give him new powers and it doesn't ruin real Spider-man is interesting.

Spoiler: show
They've already given him the mystic spider totem powers. Now he just needs a symbiote and some mechanical spider arms!

That said, his The Other form looks really stupid.
DarthEnder

Re: Scarlet Spider

Postby LiQuid » Feb 26th, 2013 @ 9:55pm

It's a great comic. I haven't read it since Minimum Carnage ended (which was surprisingly alright) but only because I miss Stegman and I got too much on my reading pile. I'll wait for it to get collected and probably catch up.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Sep 15th, 2014 @ 11:52pm

DarthEnder wrote:I like my characters to grow and improve over time. Get stronger. Probably the reason I like shounen anime so much.
:lol: To each their own, man.
kenzo

Postby DarthEnder » Oct 14th, 2014 @ 5:32am

Hey yeah, this book's is long gone now. Though the character is part of the New Warriors currently.

Sadly, he didn't gain any of the other power-ups I was hoping he'd get. At least, not yet anyway.
DarthEnder

Postby Jhenry » Apr 22nd, 2015 @ 11:12am

So this idea of them creating this other character that's basically Spider-man, but they can give him new powers and it doesn't ruin real Spider-man is interesting.
NAT
Jhenry

Forum Statistics