Wherein we discuss sequential drawings, linked together by word balloons to form meaningful narratives.

Who's your winning team?

Justice League of America
33%
Justice Society of America
67%

Total votes : 3

JLA or JSA?

Postby Jaebird » Jun 29th, 2009 @ 2:55pm

What's the difference between the two teams? As far as I know, one has the modern, A-team heroes and the other has the old-timers and the B-team heroes. And which would be a better read? I've only had the Justice League animated series to get by on.
http://jbird18.deviantart.com (Offering $5 sketches.)
Jaebird

Re: JLA or JSA?

Postby Master Higgins » Jun 29th, 2009 @ 4:47pm

Jaebird wrote:What's the difference between the two teams? As far as I know, one has the modern, A-team heroes and the other has the old-timers and the B-team heroes. And which would be a better read? I've only had the Justice League animated series to get by on.

The Justice Society of America was the first super-hero team. They started during WWII, and featured characters like The Flash, Green Lantern, Hourman, Hawkman, Sandman, and Spectre. Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman were honorary members who sometimes appeared in the book. Once DC reinvented all their major heroes in the 60s, they brought the "Trinity" into the Justice League of America, making it impossible for them to have also fought along their namesakes 20 years earlier. This brought about the concept of Earth-1 and Earth-2 (JLA from 1, JSA from 2), different Earths with similar histories. In the modern day comics timeline, post Crisis on Infinite Earths, the Trinity were never part of the JSA, with Superman only having becoming a public figure "10-15 years ago" (the ever-drifting modern time line puts Superman's appearance as the first rebirth of the super hero after the JSA was disbanded during the Red Scare of the McCarthy Era).

The current JSA book is about this group of older heroes trying to teach the young generation. The JLA is the World's Mightiest Heroes in grand adventures to save the world. In theory. In reality, they're both groups of super heroes who fight people :lol:

I'd *highly* suggest reading any of the Grant Morrison JLA books from the late 90s/early 00s, and the recent Geoff Johns' penned JSA series. They're what I'd consider the quintessential stories of each book. If you get into them, there are tons of other books worth checking out.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Jaebird » Jun 29th, 2009 @ 5:07pm

Master Higgins wrote:I'd *highly* suggest reading any of the Grant Morrison JLA books from the late 90s/early 00s, and the recent Geoff Johns' penned JSA series. They're what I'd consider the quintessential stories of each book. If you get into them, there are tons of other books worth checking out.

I'll see what I can find in the shop. But with Morrison, I haven't really found myself wanting more from him. Though, I'll try to read his JLA when I can.

Thanks for the tip =)
Jaebird

Postby ReturnOfTheOgre » Jun 30th, 2009 @ 12:35am

Option #3: The Avengers. Sorry, I'm a Marvel Zombie, always have been.
ReturnOfTheOgre

Postby Sokkratez » Jun 30th, 2009 @ 1:16am

JSA is the most consistently good team book that DC has ever had. Including Classified. All the stuff by Geoff Johns is golden, but I like everything else, too.
Sokkratez

Postby exwingzero » Jul 1st, 2009 @ 12:53pm

Jaebird wrote:What's the difference between the two teams? As far as I know, one has the modern, A-team heroes and the other has the old-timers and the B-team heroes. And which would be a better read? I've only had the Justice League animated series to get by on.

I'm going to preface this with "this is only my opinion but..."
Honestly the difference I find between the two is what fuels the books. JLA is more about about the situations the team at the moment gets into and how they get out of those sticky situations, there is a bit of character development but most development is done in the solo books if they have them. JSA is more character driven, it's more based on the family aspect and teamwork behind the umm...team. I like JSA more than JLA but that's just me. I hope this helpped.

~Joe
If someone ask if you're a god, YOU SAY YES!
exwingzero

Postby Jaebird » Jul 6th, 2009 @ 7:23am

I picked up JSA: Next Age last week, and I read it last night. My God, I love this book. I especially love Cyclone and her little quirks (aside from being a redhead ;)) :D

Can't wait to read more when I go pick up another trade this week.
Jaebird

Postby exwingzero » Jul 6th, 2009 @ 10:24am

Jaebird wrote:I picked up JSA: Next Age last week, and I read it last night. My God, I love this book. I especially love Cyclone and her little quirks (aside from being a redhead ;)) :D

Can't wait to read more when I go pick up another trade this week.

I'm glad you enjoyed it!
If someone ask if you're a god, YOU SAY YES!
exwingzero

More info

Postby CaseySpige » Sep 8th, 2017 @ 9:59pm

CaseySpige

JLA or JSA

Postby Sonomyxg » Oct 4th, 2017 @ 11:49am

JSA is fantastic, nothing better than the kingdom Superman.
JLA lost me when they started splitting the book into two stories.
I'm using this superior trading system for profitable business
Sonomyxg

Free Audio Converter 5.1.0.303

Postby HerSoocorn » Nov 1st, 2017 @ 4:51pm

MKV to AVI, MKV to MP4, MKV to WMV, MKV to DVD, usw... Wandeln Sie jedes MKV Video in AVI oder MP4 kostenfrei und einfach mit Freemake Video Converter um. Zu diesen Audio Formaten zählen:mp1 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer 1),mp2 (MPEG-2 Audio Layer 2),mp3 (MPEG-3 Audio Layer three) und AC3 (Adaptive Rework Coder three kostenloser mp4 zum wav konverter, auch Dolby Digital genannt), MPEG-2/four Audio (.mp4,m4a), Advanced Audio Coding (.aac), Excessive Effectivity Superior Audio Coding (HE-AAC), AAC+, Harmonic and Individual Traces and Noise (HILN, MPEG-4).
Free Audio Converter: wandelt Musik in folgenden Formate um: MP3, WAV, MA4, AAC, OGG und WMA. Der Free MP4 Converter kann MP4 Videos mit schnelle Geschwindigkeit auf Ihren LAPTOP umwandeln. Wenn Sie auf eine Anzeige für ein Gesponsertes Produkt klicken, werden Sie zu einem Amazon Detailseite gebracht, wo Sie mehr über das Produkt erfahren und es kaufen können. Doch die schlechte Kompatibilität mit anderen Geräten macht die M4A Audiowiedergabe ziemlich schwierig im Vergleich zu MP3-Dateien. Um die Dateien auf Ihren Apple Geräten abzuspielen synchronisieren Sie diese einfach mit iTunes.
Free YouTube to iPod and PSP (Playstation Transportable) Converter: zieht Videos von der Internetseite YouTube auf die Festplatte und wandelt sie in ein für den iPod, die PSP oder das Useful verständliches Format um. Dafür wird WAV dann weiter unten wieder als Container erneut genannt, mit Hinweis online mp4 in wav konverter dass es alle Formate enthalten kann… ein Widerspruch in sich. Sie können einerseits die Quellvideodatei schneiden, um den gewünschten Teil zu konvertieren. FLAC zu M4A konvertieren - FLAC ist ein Audioformat für verlustfreie Komprimierung. Wenn Du keine Verschlechterung der Qualität haben möchtest, bleiben Dir nur WAV oder AIFF.
Der Free MP4 Converter ist so einfach zu bedienen, dass brauchen Sie mit nur zwei Schritte die YouTube Videos & Audios auf Ihre PC zu downloaden! Sie können MP4 in MP3 mit hoher Qualität umwandeln, indem Sie Bitrate bis 320 Kbit/s und Frequenz bis forty eight KHz setzen. Um einen Film als Sequenz von Standbilddateien zu exportieren, wählen Sie zunächst ein Standbildformat und anschließend auf der Registerkarte „Video die Choice „Als Sequenz exportieren aus. Wird eine Audiodatei von einem verlustbehafteten Format in ein anderes konvertiert (z.B. vom MP3 in Vorbis ), wird die Qualität immer durch Generationsverlust verschlechtert. Rufen Sie die Seite oft auf um nach neuen Updates zu schauen und/oder empfehlen Sie diese Software program Freunden und/oder Bekannten weiter.
HerSoocorn

Video Converter Professional For Mac, Videoformate Umwandeln

Postby BibBolind » Nov 4th, 2017 @ 3:12am

Mit der Audio Software program für Home windows MAGIX Audio Cleaning Lab konvertieren Sie WAV, FLAC, OGG Vorbis oder M4A in MP3. Le website Languages on-line suggest différents petits logiciels gratuits qui vous permettent d'élaborer très facilement différents varieties d'exercices: des mémories, des jeux d'affiliation url= -/fr/how-to-convert-aiff-files-to-mp3 aiff en mp3 ripper/url, des tetris, des exercices de remise en ordre de phrase, des QCM (pour ces derniers, mieux vaut choisir Sizzling Potatoes, plus souple),.. Plusieurs exercices de notre web site sont réalisés à l'aide de ces exerciseurs.
Nach der Umwandlung erhalten Sie Ihr Video im gewünschten Format auf Ihrem PC. Dieses können Sie nun am LAPTOP, auf Mobilgeräten oder per DVD abspielen. Vermutlich bist du schneller wenn du mit Itunes nach m4a konvertierst, dann sollten die Tags sämtliche Informationen enthalten. Passen Sie Farben an, stabilisieren und entstören Sie Movies aiff zu m4a, um ihre Qualität zu verbessern.
Kostenlose herunterladen und installieren Bigasoft Audio Converter - Bigasoft Audio Converter ( Windows Version , Mac Model ), und dann die Software ausführen. Folgen Sie einfache Schritte, um AIFF, M4B, M4R MP3, die vollständig von Google Music (bis zu 320kbps Bitrate) unterstützt werden, zu konvertieren. Jetzt testen: Zum Download aiff in m4a konverter der Freeware von diesem erstklassigen Konverter für Audiodateien gelangen Sie über die Free Download Webseite von MAGIX.
Wenn ich ein Höbuch über I-Tunes rippe, markiere ich alle titel und setze einen Haken bei Titel gruppieren dann werden alle Titel der CD zu einer Datei zusammengefasst. Mit 4Videosoft Alle Musik Converter für Mac aiff in m4a können Sie mehrere Video-oder Audio Musiksegmente miteinander verbinden, um die aufeinander folgenden Musik-Datei auszugeben. Sie können Audios von Videodateien extrahieren, dann zu iPad MP3, WMA konvertieren.
Neben der Umwandlungsfunktion bietet Ihnen dieses Programm auch noch die Möglichkeit, mehrere Dateien gleichzeitig in Höchstgeschwindigkeit umwandeln zu können. Falls Sie nach mehr Softwares suchen, können Sie sich u.a. solche Programme wie Leap Free M4A to MP3 AMR AAC AC3 Audio Converter, Free WAV To AAC Converter oder Leap Free MP3 to M4A AAC Converter anschauen, die möglicherweise für Free AAC to AIFF Converter relevant sind.
BibBolind

Forum Statistics