Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Captain America: Cival War

Postby Mr_eX » Nov 25th, 2015 @ 4:36pm

Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Re: Captain America: Cival War

Postby Mr_eX » Nov 25th, 2015 @ 4:37pm

Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Mr_eX » Apr 14th, 2016 @ 6:57am

Apparently the John Wick directors did some of the action scenes for this.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby paullam15 » Apr 15th, 2016 @ 6:43am

Saw a early screening yesterday. If you are in the camp that was a little disappointed with Age of Ultron which was Marvel's last big ensemble superhero movie. I think you'll like Civil War and the way the Russo brothers handled the huge cast and that's all I'm going to say.
paullam15

Postby totoro » May 5th, 2016 @ 7:42pm

Movie is good.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0559-6917-7116
totoro

Postby darfox8 » May 5th, 2016 @ 8:54pm

If BvS was the result of wishing on a monkey's paw for DC to have their own cinematic universe, then Civil War is wishing on that same monkey's paw for BvS to actually be good.

We got a good movie about heroes fighting each other and shit, but once again: is this the best we can do? I'll try my best to talk about this movie without bring up BvS but it's hard not to compare the two. I mean, Cap3 will almost always turn out more favorably anyways.

This film really is a mini Avengers movie. Some of the best parts about it are the big cast of characters who are doing big things and react in fun ways. But a huge part of the movie is this weird spy shit that seemingly goes no where. So you have the spy stuff(which I liked in Winter S and thought I wanted more) mixed with absolutely ridiculous super nonsense. IMO it doesn't mesh well, or it makes each of the halves weaker. In Winter S it was a cool modern military actiony thing that had a super hero edge. I said before that it tinkled my Metal Gear glands by mixing weird shit with military shit and I still stand by that. But Civil W didn't really tickle any of my glands. Were I came out of BvS with dread of people blindly shitting on it, I come out of this movie with dread of people loving it and putting it on a pedestal. Love it for having Iron Man punching Cap, for having an awesome looking Spider-Man, for having heroes that look bright and crack jokes, but don't come to me that this is the best shit. It's cool shit but it ranks disappointingly low for me. Prob. better than Ultron but worse than Avengers 1 and Winter S.

I'm going to go into spoilers and I'm really going to talk a lot about BvS
Spoiler: show
This movie jumps around just as much as BvS in the first half the only difference is that they insert a 3 second establishing shot. The villain has an equally vague motivation that Luther had, until they explain it in the end and your like, "oh was that it? ok"

It's never explained how he knew about the Winder Soldier, how he knew about the book, the guy hiding the book, what happened in 1991, how he built that emp, and how he delivered it. Nothing. "He worked years at it" I guess. That's way less info given than Luther's machinations. Yes I'm talking about an anti BvS conspiracy. Except it's not a conspiracy, or if it is it only has Zack Synder as a conspirator. The reasons people will like this and hate BvS is simple showmanship. Civil W aims to please fans and never make them feel bad, BvS is seemingly misguided to think that he can "grow up" comic book movies. No I'm not saying BvS failed because it was too deep for audiences, but I do believe it failed because they wanted to make something cooler and grander than what had been coming out. OK I think I got out all I wanted to say about BvS. On to Spider-Man.

Spider-Man is an annoying piece of shit and I love it when he gets hit in the face. This is OK, however. Because Spider-Man isn't for me, not anymore. I relate now to the grizzled bank robber that gets uppercuted into the second floor balcony, because I tried to shut Spider-Man's quipping mouth up with my crowbar. This Spider-Man is youthful, nimble, daring, and he only knows how to crack jokes at face of danger. He also is out of his element when he's fighting in this Civil War. He's along for the ride and he breaks the vibe in ways I think are smart. I think they may have something here. I look forward to Homecoming. I also appreciate the hot Aunt May jokes, because she is definitely hot for an Aunt May.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby totoro » May 5th, 2016 @ 9:30pm

My deeper thoughts, kind of hitting on some of what Dar said...

I hadn't read the Civil War storyline so I have no idea how this compares from a storybeat standpoint, but I was actually decently pleased with it. Baron Zemo was good in such a believable way that he outshines some of the other villains in comic movies of recent memory. His motivations were realistic enough for me to find it acceptable.

With this many different characters going on, I'm willing to suspend some disbelief. I mean we're talking about 10+ Avengers, plus Agent 13 and Thunderbolt Ross and that's before we even get to the "big bad" of Baron Zemo. The issue with comparing Luthor to Zemo (and I'm only bringing up BvS because Dar did and even though I think we're coming from a similar place I just want to say my piece) is that there's so much of Luthor that he's doing things other than advancing the plot. He's talking to the heroes and doing the general banter thing. And he's ok when he does that, but it's not good. Everything that I get from Zemo is he's doing stuff constantly to try and track down something to do with Bucky. They introduce the activation words at the beginning with the book and they continue to show them to you throughout the movie. They don't beat you over the head with them, but they give the suggestion of "hey, this is connected to what you saw before".

I think I see where Dar's coming from with . He's a nervous kid who is doing his best to impress one of his heroes. Does he come with attitude that is seen in people currently under the age of 20? Without a doubt. Do some of his comments make me feel old? You bet. Does he feel a little like someone trying a bit too hard and therefore a bit comes off a bit annoying? Absolutely. Does he fit what a 21st century Spider-Man should probably be? 100%. Does this make me want to see the new Spider-Man movie? Yes it does.

I'd be interested to what others thought of Black Panther. I loved his inclusion and action sequences. And in fact I found the fast-paced and stylized action to be at least on par with any other Marvel movie that's been made and maybe exceeding it in certain times. It's stylized and chroeographed with just the right amount of brutal beatdowns. A lot of tension and release reminiscent of The Winter Soldier for me.

It was interesting to me to see the development of the relationship between the Scarlet Witch and Vision. I wonder if they'll try to develop that further. Might even be interesting to see them do a duo movie with them.

Anyway, those are my general and somewhat immediate thoughts. I need some time away from the movie, might feel differently later. I definitely walked out feeling good and sort of euphoric so I'd be interested to see if that persists in a few days or a week. I've found that time away helps. Hell, I walked out of The Force Awakens feeling kind of down on it and didn't feel better about it until the next day. We'll see.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0559-6917-7116
totoro

Postby Fade2Black » May 6th, 2016 @ 1:41am

I saw it tonight with the usual Comic Conspiracy crowd (a pretty decent-sized group this time, considering Ryan H. doled out 64 tickets). When I got there I was greeted by Charlie who was looking somewhat bewildered. There were lines for all the other showings, but there didn't seem to be one for the 8:00PM showing we were attending. Apparently, the screen that was to be used for the 8:00PM showing wasn't showing a mid-day movie, so theater management opted to let the 8:00PM attendees in 2 hours early. This kind of threw a monkey wrench in our usual save seats routine, but despite the hiccup the Comics Conspiracy contingent somehow managed to stay reasonably clustered.

Reiterating what totoro said, "Movie is good."
Last edited by Fade2Black on May 6th, 2016 @ 3:56pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fade2Black

Postby LiQuid » May 6th, 2016 @ 2:23am

Can someone please tell me who won the war?
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » May 6th, 2016 @ 2:37am

LiQuid wrote:Can someone please tell me who won the war?
The Walt Disney Company
kenzo

Postby GiantAsianMan » May 6th, 2016 @ 4:37am

The villain (Zemo), as with the majority of MCU movies, is once again the weakest part of the movie. Where does he get is intel? They dropped it in a single line- at the end of Winter Soldier, Black Widow released all of Hydra's files, and he decrypted them. Duh. Where do all of his skills comes from? He special forces military, so that means he can clearly do or make anything he wants to. Ta-da! Zemo's just one McGuffin after another. Winter Soldier worked because there wasn't one, central, evil villain big bad guy; the bad guy was all of Hydra. The best parts of Civil War were when it was just Team Cap vs. Team Iron Man, regardless of whether it's because of the government oversight issue or Zemo's mustache-twirling-esque scheming.

Though T'Challa was great; it makes me excited for the Black Panther solo movie (even if Martin Freeman, who's sure to be in Black Panther, seems to be struggling harder with the American accent than Benedict Cumberbatch is in the Doctor Strange trailer).

And Spider-Man was also great. He felt appropriately young and awkward among the other heroes, and tonally, it was perfect. He was an annoying little shit playing with the big kids, trying his hardest to impress everyone. How will that translate in his own movie when he's in a setting with his peers? No idea. But for now, it feels like they got character right.

Overall, I thought it was really good. Again, Zemo is a flat character, and because of it, they could've probably cut 15-20 minutes out of the movie (and re-done T'Challa's introduction as Black Panther; I didn't like how they did that), but it doesn't sink the movie. The Cap vs. Iron Man stuff was really good, and that's clearly what's important for the movies moving forward.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous
GiantAsianMan

Postby darfox8 » May 6th, 2016 @ 1:26pm

I actually totally forgot about the Hydra decoded stuff. That pretty much handwaves any plot holes. At least where the villian is concerned.

Still weak. I guess it's somewhat less of a copout because the real conflict was the hero battle. But imo when they make it seem like dooms day is going to show up and he doesnt Im a little annoyed. They did it on purpose, making you fear the other winter S but the switcharoo was slightly anticlimatic. Since we already knew about Tonys parents.

It felt like one of the many mid season spats Ollie has with his Arrow crew. They hate him for a bit for a reason that may or may not be justified but they always come around.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby DarthEnder » May 6th, 2016 @ 3:10pm

Just got back from it. It was freaking awesome.

One of my favorite things though, is that probably my favorite moment from the Civil War comics, was this speech by Cap to Spider-man. And they pretty much just put that speech directly into the film.

Granted, they gave the speech to Sharon Carter instead, but at least it was still in there.

Another thing I liked about it though is how:
They didn't kill off Zemo. If I have one complaint about the MCU, it's that they have a tendency to kill off all of their awesome villains.

One of their notable exceptions is Loki, and as a result, he's gone on to be awesome in 3 movies now.

Great villains are even better when you get to interact with them for more then 2 hours before exploding them.
DarthEnder

Postby DukeTogo » May 7th, 2016 @ 7:51pm

darfox8 wrote:
I actually totally forgot about the Hydra decoded stuff. That pretty much handwaves any plot holes. At least where the villian is concerned.

Still weak. I guess it's somewhat less of a copout because the real conflict was the hero battle. But imo when they make it seem like dooms day is going to show up and he doesnt Im a little annoyed. They did it on purpose, making you fear the other winter S but the switcharoo was slightly anticlimatic. Since we already knew about Tonys parents.

It felt like one of the many mid season spats Ollie has with his Arrow crew. They hate him for a bit for a reason that may or may not be justified but they always come around.

I thought this was actually one of the MCU's strongest villains.

His motivations, like Steve's and ultimately Tony's, were intensely personal. Rather than chasing a world-ending Maguffin like so many of these films, he was here to take down the team from the inside. What he dd with the video was so much worse than anything the other Winter Soldiers could've hoped to do. That last fight carried so much more weight than anything in BvS because there were emotional stakes. Plus, the villain actually won in the end. The MCU is a more interesting place at the end of this movie.
DukeTogo

Postby paullam15 » May 9th, 2016 @ 11:17am

There are some great character moments throughout the story where it’s just two characters talking yet I was completely engaged in these scenes. There were some great performances, but the one that really stood out was Robert Downey Jr.’s performance. He still does the whole witty, jokey Tony Stark thing that we come to expect from him, but we also see this dark and nuanced performance that we haven’t really seen in any of the previous Iron Man or Avengers movies. You buy that Tony has become this broken man filled with guilt over the death and destruction he caused with the creation of Ultron in Avengers 2.

Tony Stark’s evolution throughout the Iron Man and Avenger films is really interesting because he starts off as this rich billionaire playboy who is humbled when he sees the death and destruction caused by his weapons in Iron Man 1. In Iron Man 2 he takes a strong stance against handing over his Iron Man tech and believes its safest in his hands and not the governments.

One of his major character flaws is that he believes he can fix any and everything himself. After the Battle for New York in Avengers 1 he believes the burden is on him to protect Earth from another alien invasion. This leads him to create Ultron and the death and destruction in Avengers 2. The events in Avengers 2 is really where Tony’s motivations flip and realizing that doing it his way with no supervision led to the creation of Ultron. This is the crux of why he believes the Sokovia Accords is the right thing to do.
paullam15

Postby kenzo » May 9th, 2016 @ 12:12pm

Tried to go see this yesterday; film was sold out.
kenzo

Postby CrossXhunteR » May 9th, 2016 @ 1:28pm

Trying to see it opening day after work, It was sold out for most of the evening showings at my local theater.
CrossXhunteR

Postby brooky-geeky » Mar 26th, 2017 @ 10:26am

I had big expectations about this movie but it was a little boring for me in compare with the previous parts.
To want to, is to be able to.
brooky-geeky

Any Audio Converter

Postby Snaddynart » Nov 5th, 2017 @ 2:30am

Vous êtes l'distinctive responsable de l'utilization que vous faites des functions et autres utilitaires ou outils téléchargés. Xilisoft convertisseur vidéo final peut vous apporter des fonctions compréhensives pour convertir audio/vidéo de votre attent avec ce convertisseur vous pouvez convertir vos fichiers vidéo ou audio vers différents codecs rip mp2 à mp3 populaires et vers les formats pour pouvoir les lire sur vos appareils multimédias préférés ; aussi si vous voulez vous pouvez extraire des photographs ou des ani xilisoft convertisseur vidéo est un logiciel polyvalent qui est performant et facile d'utilisation.
WavePad fonctionne comme un éditeur de fichiers wav ou mp3, mais il prend aussi en charge de nombreux autres codecs de fichiers, notamment vox, gsm, real audio, au, aif, flac, ogg et bien d'autres. Vous pouvez convertir n' importe quel fichier supporté par le convertisseur de format. Si tout est ok, cliquez simplement sur Convertir pour commencer à convertir mp3 en m4r pour créer votre iPhone sonnerie. Extraire le fichier audio de n'importe quelle vidéo et convertir audio en format audio dont vous avez besoin. En cliquant sur Confirmer, vous vous engagez à acheter cet objet au vendeur si vous êtes le meilleur enchérisseur.
Il permet entre autres choses d'enregistrer en direct, de faire des conversions analogique -] numérique, d'éditer des fichiers MP3, WAV ou Ogg Vorbis, de couper, copier, coller et assembler des séquences sonores, de modifier la hauteur ou la vitesse d'un enregistrement. Il peut convertir de nombreux types de fichiers audio différents au format mp3 ou wav et bien d'autres.. Il peut convertir les fichiers audio de nombreuses sources au format mp3 ou wav. Vous pouvez utiliser la fonction Trim” à couper le fichier audio et obtenir la partie que vous voulez en glissant la barre de l'heure de Début et de Fin pour changer sa valeur. Il faut tout de même une ouïe très high-quality mp22mp3 en ligne pour distinguer et ses résultats à 320k en mp2 et mp3. Doté d'un média player polyvalent, vous pouvez lire les fichiers de toutes sortes de formats avec Xilisoft Convertisseur Audio. La coupture et la création des sonnerie sont facilement réalisées en quelques clics.
Ne vous inquiétez pas, en tant qu'utilisateur, nous n'avons pas à entrer dans ce genre de débat. Il est également succesful de faire workplace de convertisseur audio : il peut lire et exporter des fichiers dans plus de 20 formats différents. Convertissez des chansons au format MP3 pour PC, téléphone cellular, tablette ou baladeur MP3. Dés lors, deux options convertisseur mp2 en mp3 gratuit s'offrent à vous : soit vous restez sur un format Lossless et vous encodez vos fichiers en ALAC, soir vous passez sur un format plus léger, et vous encoderez en AAC ou MP3 (à choisir, prenez le AAC). La conception optimisée de logiciel vous permet d'exécuter le convertisseur audio en arrière-plan en vue de gagner les ressources CPU pour d'autres functions.
Les lecteurs de CD MP3 : portables ou non, ils permettent d'écouter des fichiers MP3 stockés sur des CD. En cliquant sur Confirmer, vous vous engagez à acheter cet objet au vendeur si vous êtes le meilleur enchérisseur. Téléchargez ce programme magnifique pour convertir vos pistes audio pour iPhone et iPod. Je coche donc la ligne qui contient les balises audi0, English et Ch6 (pour le 5.1). Les baladeurs numériques : ils permettent d'écouter partout des fichiers MP3 stockés en mémoire.
Snaddynart

Dragonzakura - ep

Postby Rewsundunny » Nov 28th, 2017 @ 6:34pm

Rewsundunny

Forum Statistics