Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Spoiler and YouTube tags

Postby Rydog » Jan 3rd, 2010 @ 11:29pm

Hey look, I figured out how to add an actual spoiler tag. Just use the tag in the posting menu, and add any spoilerific text inside of said tag. Example:

Spoiler: show
OMG I'm a spoiler! Snape killed Dumbledore! Soylent Green is people! Darth Vader is Luke's father! Bruce Willis' character was dead the whole time! Rosebud was his sled! Verbal is actually Keyser Soze! Tyler Durden and Edward Norton's character are one and the same! "To Serve Man" is actually a cookbook! OMG SPOILERS!

Also, we have a new YouTube tag. Make sure you're putting the video ID -- not the entire URL -- between the tags. Example (the text inside the tags in this case is tgbNymZ7vqY):

Don't abuse this or I'll take it away; I don't want to see threads with a billion embedded YouTube videos.
Ryan Scott
Editorial Director/Executive Producer, Geekbox.net
Rydog
Hell Yeah!

Re: New spoiler and YouTube tags

Postby Konanda » Jan 4th, 2010 @ 3:57pm

Nothing like a gift followed by a threat.

Anyway, thanks for the spoiler tags great upgrade from the light teal or w/e that was text. Youtube embedding is pretty cool to.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Re: New spoiler and YouTube tags

Postby bayfield » Jan 5th, 2010 @ 12:06pm

Konanda wrote:Nothing like a gift followed by a threat.

is it really a threat when delivered in the dark aggressive voice of Ryan Scott?

:ugeek:
"It's a rockstar vatican assassin torpedo of truth sent by a warlock" - KindGalaxy
bayfield

Re: Spoiler and YouTube tags

Postby kftgr » Sep 8th, 2010 @ 1:51pm

Rydog wrote:Don't abuse this or I'll take it away; I don't want to see threads with a billion embedded YouTube videos.

So can we do this?

and this?

At least the videos don't autoplay.
kftgr

Postby LiQuid » Sep 8th, 2010 @ 2:17pm

I'm pretty sure that was just an idle threat. Our music thread has had some pages with dozens of YouTube vids up in it. It's really not that big of a deal.
LiQuid

Postby Konanda » Sep 9th, 2010 @ 8:28pm

LiQuid wrote:I'm pretty sure that was just an idle threat. Our music thread has had some pages with dozens of YouTube vids up in it. It's really not that big of a deal.

He probably meant putting up some of the more adult content on youtube or just spamming with "Yo go check out my video it's hella sick brah"
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby KindGalaxy » Dec 2nd, 2010 @ 5:07am

Never start a beef with a butcher
KindGalaxy

Forum Statistics