Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby jinpei05 » Jun 24th, 2010 @ 6:41pm

Inspired by this week's show, I'd like to know what movie has set the standard for all other horrible movies to measure up to and, if possible, why.

I'm talking about the most irredeemable movies, the ones you are ashamed to admit to have watched, the ones you could possibly get your money back for, the ones that made you wish you had no sight, even the ones, as Ryan Scott puts it, that made you want to set yourselves on fire!

For me, it's very simple:

First off, it stars Dane Cook. That should've been a red flag. But I thought Jessica Alba would've been cute and charming enough to save it.

How wrong I was.

It's 101 minutes of crotch shots, disgusting toilet humor, horrible writing/dialogue, unfunny gags, an gratuitous running joke with a case of polymastia (wiki it!) and did I mention Dane Cook?

Share your pain here!
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby Mr_eX » Jun 24th, 2010 @ 6:47pm

I don't know thee name of it but it was some art house movie that was playing at the theater at my college. It didn't have any plot at all.

Of movies that I know the names of I'm gong to go with Starship Troopers 2
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby IMLabman » Jun 24th, 2010 @ 6:58pm

I loved the short story written by Stephen King that it was based on, but the movie "The Mist" was a God damned travesty. They butchered the ending...butchered it!

IMLabman

Postby Mr_eX » Jun 24th, 2010 @ 7:23pm

IMLabman wrote:I loved the short story written by Stephen King that it was based on, but the movie "The Mist" was a God damned travesty. They butchered the ending...butchered it!

You are wrong, that movie is awesome.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby indieinsd » Jun 24th, 2010 @ 7:49pm

What was the film Liquid choose for Moviebox?

EDIT. Immortel. That film was the worst thing I have ever seen. And it had blue boobs. If it didn't have those the film probably would have killed me.
indieinsd

Postby IMLabman » Jun 24th, 2010 @ 8:04pm

Mr_eX wrote:You are wrong, that movie is awesome.

Nah-uh! The actual short story ruined that movie for me. I had such high expectations for it as "The Mist" is one of my favourite Stephen King pieces of all time (beside Salem's Lot and the Dark Tower series). I didn't mind the small changes they made throughout the movie, but when it came to that horribly re-written ending...damn dude, it just ruined the movie. The original ending left you with a sense of hope and wonder as to how everything would turn out, the movie ending just seemed hokey and tacked on.
IMLabman

Postby LiQuid » Jun 24th, 2010 @ 8:17pm

Ahahaha, man, what a service I provide. Maybe I should have my own weekly movie pick for everybody to watch to see how many of you assholes I can kill off!

Uhh, looking at my IMDB vote history I see I've got 10 movies rated 1/10. Of them, if I had to pick one film that nearly made me stop watching movies altogether, it would probably be Primer. And that's up against some "greats" like The Comebacks, Epic Movie, Resident Evil Extinction, etc... Primer almost turned me towards a rage that would have ended in one or more of my cats being stabbed. I get all frothy just thinking about it.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Jun 24th, 2010 @ 8:45pm

Battlefield Earth would have gotten my vote a couple of years ago, but as of now, that award goes to Bad Biology.
This is possibly the worst film ever made; it's one of those films that are so bad it's good. The two main characters are A.) a woman with seven clits, and B.) a guy who has mutilated/mutated his penis. Heads up: this will be my next choice for movie club.
kenzo

Postby Lopsidedown » Jun 24th, 2010 @ 10:49pm

During my first year at college, this girl made my friends watch one of those straight-to-dvd National Lampoon movies, "Going The Distance".

We didn't really speak to her much, after that.
Lopsidedown

Postby achickenchaser » Jun 25th, 2010 @ 12:07am

Bug - It hurts a little more when you pay to see something like this. Yes I "got it" for all the obnoxious dumbshits who, for some crazy reason, enjoyed this movie. When I wasn't being bored to tears, I found myself laughing at this piece of trash, and I don't think it was intended to be a comedy. Or was it? Maybe I didn't get it after all :roll:

It took a herculean effort of suckassedness for a movie to come out and make me think "The Village and The Da Vinci Code are better," but I'll be damned if this movie didn't accomplish that.
achickenchaser

Postby PantslessJedi » Jun 25th, 2010 @ 4:50am

simply awful.
Last edited by PantslessJedi on Jun 26th, 2010 @ 11:22am, edited 1 time in total.
PantslessJedi

Postby flufflogic » Jun 25th, 2010 @ 4:51am

The only film I've ever paid for and not seen through was Blair Witch Project. Sorry, kids - running around in the woods acting scared is BORING. After 30 mins I was going to the loo for a JOG just to stay awake. 45 mins in, I walked out. No regrets.
flufflogic

Postby Mr_eX » Jun 25th, 2010 @ 6:25am

IMLabman wrote:

Nah-uh! The actual short story ruined that movie for me. I had such high expectations for it as "The Mist" is one of my favourite Stephen King pieces of all time (beside Salem's Lot and the Dark Tower series). I didn't mind the small changes they made throughout the movie, but when it came to that horribly re-written ending...damn dude, it just ruined the movie. The original ending left you with a sense of hope and wonder as to how everything would turn out, the movie ending just seemed hokey and tacked on.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new.php?id=6909
One person who loves the new ending is Stephen King. That’s right, he couldn’t be happier with Darabont’s new finish to his tale of terror. At a press conference today to promote the film, King talked about Darabont’s take, and had nothing but superlatives to say about it. He says: “Frank wrote a new ending that I loved. It is the most shocking ending ever and there should be a law passed stating that anybody who reveals the last 5 minutes of this film should be hung from their neck until dead.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Raine » Jun 25th, 2010 @ 6:44am

Freddy Got Fingered. It's so awful it's not even worth describing.
Raine

Postby LiQuid » Jun 25th, 2010 @ 7:13am

flufflogic wrote:The only film I've ever paid for and not seen through was Blair Witch Project. Sorry, kids - running around in the woods acting scared is BORING. After 30 mins I was going to the loo for a JOG just to stay awake. 45 mins in, I walked out. No regrets.

I love The Blair Witch project because it's the ultimate troll to horror film fans!!!
LiQuid

Postby IMLabman » Jun 25th, 2010 @ 7:38am

Mr_eX wrote:
IMLabman wrote:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new.php?id=6909
One person who loves the new ending is Stephen King. That’s right, he couldn’t be happier with Darabont’s new finish to his tale of terror. At a press conference today to promote the film, King talked about Darabont’s take, and had nothing but superlatives to say about it. He says: “Frank wrote a new ending that I loved. It is the most shocking ending ever and there should be a law passed stating that anybody who reveals the last 5 minutes of this film should be hung from their neck until dead.

Bah! He had to say that because his name was on the film...if he had told the truth and said the ending sucked balls and the only reason he endorsed it was to make money, his credibility would have been shot. Either that or he was on crack during that press conference. I'm leaning toward the former explanation, but the latter is possible...maybe even plausible given the fact he put his name on that travesty of a film in the first place. :lol:
IMLabman

Postby Mr_eX » Jun 25th, 2010 @ 8:09am

Stephen King doesn't like Kubrick's Shining or even the movie he himself directed.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby lemon-fresh » Jun 25th, 2010 @ 8:15am

lemon-fresh

Postby IMLabman » Jun 25th, 2010 @ 8:35am

Mr_eX wrote:Stephen King doesn't like Kubrick's Shining or even the movie he himself directed.

Well there you go...dude just doesn't know movies. :mrgreen:
IMLabman

Postby Mr_eX » Jun 25th, 2010 @ 9:44am

IMLabman wrote:
Mr_eX wrote:Stephen King doesn't like Kubrick's Shining or even the movie he himself directed.

Well there you go...dude just doesn't know movies. :mrgreen:

It wasn't faithful to the book.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Grimlock » Jun 25th, 2010 @ 2:16pm

I wish I could unwatch this.
Grimlock

Postby jinpei05 » Jun 25th, 2010 @ 7:20pm

Saw this on the shelves of my local video store, and was tempted to check it out...

jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby Mr_eX » Jun 25th, 2010 @ 7:30pm

jinpei05 wrote:Saw this on the shelves of my local video store, and was tempted to check it out...

I believe the same people that made that also made this
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Lopsidedown » Jun 25th, 2010 @ 8:08pm

^ On that note, has anyone seen Flight Of The Living Dead?
I actually liked it.
Lopsidedown

Postby Sn4tcH » Jun 26th, 2010 @ 3:13am

Lopsidedown wrote:^ On that note, has anyone seen Flight Of The Living Dead?
I actually liked it.

It's not bad. Not bad at all.

I can't pick the WORST movie I've ever seen, because I have seen some dreadful crap. But... I can pick the ones that make me the angriest when someone else says they like it.

Transformers 2
Alien vs Predator
X-men Origins: Wolvervine
Sn4tcH

Postby Grimlock » Jun 26th, 2010 @ 7:01am

Mr_eX wrote:
I believe the same people that made that also made this

They also made other copies of Hollywood movies like:

2012: Doomsday
Pirates of Treasure Island
The Da Vinci Treasure
I Am Omega (I Am Legend)
War of the Worlds and it's sequel subtitled The Next Wave
The Land Time Forgot
The Terminators
Paranormal Entity
King of the Lost World (King Kong)
The Day the Earth Stopped (the quality of both movies might be the same)
Sherlock Holmes

But they also have some awesome original titles like:

Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus
Mega Piranha
and apparently they are making a sequel to Titanic
Grimlock

Postby mltvcocktail » Jun 26th, 2010 @ 11:47am

The worst movie I've ever seen was one that one of my friends found at like a Wal-Mart or drugstore called Border Wars, which doesn't seem to exist on the internet but it was all too real and made my brain hurt from it's awfulness. It was about this Texas Ranger who had to deal with this Mexican gang that was crossing the border to kill a senator. As far as movies people have actually heard of, the two movies that I absolutely hate the most are Juno and Crash, the most overrated pieces of garbage ever made.
Check out my movie website/podcast at: http://www.everythingaction.com and also check out my blog for random internet nerdery at: http://mltvcocktail.tumblr.com/

Follow me on Twitter: @mltvcocktail

PSN name: Mltvcocktail
mltvcocktail

Postby dabeast0976 » Jun 26th, 2010 @ 12:33pm

Alexander starring Colin Farrel. Even though i finally got to see Rosa Dawson's wonderful breasts, it was a horrendous film.
Who are you? What are you? Who moved the rock?
dabeast0976

Postby kevinep3 » Jun 26th, 2010 @ 9:06pm

for me it would have to be that eragon movie based on the book, im a fan of the book but i couldnt watch the movie for more than 5 min
psn:kevinep331, xbl:kevinep3, steam:kevinep3
kevinep3

Postby Wobag » Jun 27th, 2010 @ 3:36pm

There might have been some worse cheap made for tv movie, but the worst theatrical movie ive seen is probably Alien vs Predator 2
Wobag

Next
Forum Statistics