Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby jinpei05 » Jul 22nd, 2010 @ 12:42pm

kenzo wrote:
jinpei05 wrote:Obviously, the genius of the original films escapes you. How many sequels did the original Godzilla have? 28. How many did the Rolland Emmerich have? 0.

That's like saying, "Just because you like TNG, obviously the genius of TOS escapes you." Can't I like both? And to be fair:
1.) Rolland Emmerich has never directed a sequel to anything.
2.) Rolland Emmerich's Godzilla did have a sequel: 40 episodes of cartoon-awesomeness.


Aha. You didn't mention that you also liked the original Toho Films Godzilla. That changes things.

And that cartoon was ass. Nuff said.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby LiQuid » Jul 22nd, 2010 @ 1:02pm

God some of you people (I'm looking at you, Jin) have no appreciation of haute culture, whatsoever. Kinda sad.
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby jinpei05 » Jul 22nd, 2010 @ 1:09pm

LiQuid wrote:God some of you people (I'm looking at you, Jin) have no appreciation of haute culture, whatsoever. Kinda sad.


Considering your hateful, troll stances on a multitude of subjects, LiQuid, I'll take that statement with a saltshaker. I mean, you're the asshole who thinks Futurama only had one good episode.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby Bobloblaw » Jul 22nd, 2010 @ 1:13pm

jinpei05 wrote:
LiQuid wrote:God some of you people (I'm looking at you, Jin) have no appreciation of haute culture, whatsoever. Kinda sad.


Considering your hateful, troll stances on a multitude of subjects, LiQuid, I'll take that statement with a saltshaker. I mean, you're the asshole who thinks Futurama only had one good episode.


Jurassic Bark was great.
Bobloblaw
User avatar
 
Posts: 1986
Joined: Mar 2nd, 2010 @ 1:43pm
Location: Durham, NC

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby jinpei05 » Jul 22nd, 2010 @ 1:18pm

Bobloblaw wrote:
jinpei05 wrote:
LiQuid wrote:God some of you people (I'm looking at you, Jin) have no appreciation of haute culture, whatsoever. Kinda sad.


Considering your hateful, troll stances on a multitude of subjects, LiQuid, I'll take that statement with a saltshaker. I mean, you're the asshole who thinks Futurama only had one good episode.


Jurassic Bark was great.


Indeed it was. However, it was not the ONLY good episode of that series.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby LiQuid » Jul 22nd, 2010 @ 1:44pm

It was only good cause a dog died. It would have sucked too otherwise.
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby jinpei05 » Jul 22nd, 2010 @ 1:59pm

LiQuid wrote:It was only good cause a dog died. It would have sucked too otherwise.


Jesus Christ, LiQuid. How hateful a fucker are you that you take pleasure in the death of a dog, even if it is a cartoon dog?

Is Michael Vick on your speed dial?
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby Bobloblaw » Jul 22nd, 2010 @ 2:05pm

jinpei05 wrote:[
Is Michael Vick on your speed dial?


He could use a friend.
Bobloblaw
User avatar
 
Posts: 1986
Joined: Mar 2nd, 2010 @ 1:43pm
Location: Durham, NC

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby LiQuid » Jul 22nd, 2010 @ 2:21pm

Pleasure? It made me sad.
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby jinpei05 » Jul 22nd, 2010 @ 2:39pm

LiQuid wrote:Pleasure? It made me sad.


So, what, you take pleasure in things that make you sad?
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby kenzo » Jul 22nd, 2010 @ 2:56pm

jinpei05 wrote:
LiQuid wrote:Pleasure? It made me sad.

So, what, you take pleasure in things that make you sad?
You know, just because you have the emotional depth of a walnut... ;)
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby jinpei05 » Jul 22nd, 2010 @ 3:13pm

kenzo wrote:
jinpei05 wrote:
LiQuid wrote:Pleasure? It made me sad.

So, what, you take pleasure in things that make you sad?
You know, just because you have the emotional depth of a walnut... ;)


LOLZ. :lol:
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby jinpei05 » Jul 22nd, 2010 @ 3:24pm

In an attempt to get this thread back on track, I submit this:

Image

I swear to God, I have never come closer to leaving a movie before the credits than with this film. My friend was so pissed at me for suggesting it, he demanded I pay him for the 95 minutes he lost. And I did.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby Bobloblaw » Jul 23rd, 2010 @ 10:32pm

jinpei05 wrote:... he demanded I pay him for the 95 minutes he lost. And I did.


That reminds me. A friend recommended this train wreck to me.

Image

It wasn't the worst film I have ever seen but it single handedly destroyed that friend's movie recommending credibility.
Bobloblaw
User avatar
 
Posts: 1986
Joined: Mar 2nd, 2010 @ 1:43pm
Location: Durham, NC

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby flufflogic » Jul 25th, 2010 @ 12:07pm

Bobloblaw wrote:
jinpei05 wrote:... he demanded I pay him for the 95 minutes he lost. And I did.


That reminds me. A friend recommended this train wreck to me.

Image

It wasn't the worst film I have ever seen but it single handedly destroyed that friend's movie recommending credibility.


As an adaptation of a book, it's one of the worst I know for following it exact and yet STILL getting it utterly wrong. Eveything looks wrong; Lyra's Oxford isn't industrial and steampunk enough, and FFS naphtha is not some magical atom it's just another form of fuel! The director's also a complete tosser.
flufflogic
User avatar
 
Posts: 3313
Joined: Jan 29th, 2010 @ 6:26am
Location: The Northern Wastes of England

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby kenzo » Aug 2nd, 2010 @ 3:37am

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet, but I have a new 'worst film ever'. It's called The Room. A friend forced me to watch it this weekend for yucks, and it was... possibly the worst film I've ever seen. Like, the levels of fail is so horrible that it's almost brilliant. It's basically a modern day Rocky Horror Picture Show, but even more incompetent and ridiculous. This will be my next movie club movie, unless someone chooses it before that, which I highly encourage. God damn, what a fucking horrible film.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby kenzo » Aug 2nd, 2010 @ 4:03am


Seriously. What an awesomely awful film.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby AP-Zac » Aug 2nd, 2010 @ 7:51am

two words: Surf Ninjas
Podcast: www.averageplayer.libsyn.com
Twitter: averageplayer
AP-Zac
User avatar
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Mar 13th, 2009 @ 12:02pm
Location: CT, USA

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby flufflogic » Aug 2nd, 2010 @ 9:01am

kenzo wrote:
Seriously. What an awesomely awful film.


Are they cutouts? Never have I seen such wooden acting. I mean, Pierce Brosnan in Dante's Peak was the previous masterclass, but wow.
flufflogic
User avatar
 
Posts: 3313
Joined: Jan 29th, 2010 @ 6:26am
Location: The Northern Wastes of England

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby LiQuid » Aug 2nd, 2010 @ 9:24am

Dudes! I'm not even a half hour into Clash of the Titans 2010 and it's already pretty close! Holy shit not only is every aspect of this movie laughably amateurish, it totally shits on the original and mythology in general!
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 2nd, 2010 @ 9:27am

LiQuid wrote:Dudes! I'm not even a half hour into Clash of the Titans 2010 and it's already pretty close! Holy shit not only is every aspect of this movie laughably amateurish, it totally shits on the original and mythology in general!


But do they release the Kraken?
Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby dabeast0976 » Aug 2nd, 2010 @ 9:42am

kenzo wrote:Also, in defense of Mr. Emmerich's films, his Godzilla is fucking awesome.


And yet Godzilla still did not do as much damage to MSG as the Dolan's and the Knicks.
Who are you? What are you? Who moved the rock?
dabeast0976
User avatar
 
Posts: 2024
Joined: Mar 26th, 2009 @ 6:14pm
Location: Queens, New York

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby dabeast0976 » Aug 2nd, 2010 @ 9:46am

kenzo wrote:I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet, but I have a new 'worst film ever'. It's called The Room. A friend forced me to watch it this weekend for yucks, and it was... possibly the worst film I've ever seen. Like, the levels of fail is so horrible that it's almost brilliant. It's basically a modern day Rocky Horror Picture Show, but even more incompetent and ridiculous. This will be my next movie club movie, unless someone chooses it before that, which I highly encourage. God damn, what a fucking horrible film.



It was called "The Citizen Kane of bad movies". Now that shit is funny. :lol:
Who are you? What are you? Who moved the rock?
dabeast0976
User avatar
 
Posts: 2024
Joined: Mar 26th, 2009 @ 6:14pm
Location: Queens, New York

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby dabeast0976 » Aug 2nd, 2010 @ 9:47am

Mr_eX wrote:
LiQuid wrote:Dudes! I'm not even a half hour into Clash of the Titans 2010 and it's already pretty close! Holy shit not only is every aspect of this movie laughably amateurish, it totally shits on the original and mythology in general!


But do they release the Kraken?


they should have released the writers and director from their contracts. :lol:
Who are you? What are you? Who moved the rock?
dabeast0976
User avatar
 
Posts: 2024
Joined: Mar 26th, 2009 @ 6:14pm
Location: Queens, New York

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby flufflogic » Aug 2nd, 2010 @ 11:29am

LiQuid wrote:Dudes! I'm not even a half hour into Clash of the Titans 2010 and it's already pretty close! Holy shit not only is every aspect of this movie laughably amateurish, it totally shits on the original and mythology in general!


A friend rented it on iTunes, and informed me it was the movie equipment of tearing your anus. The same guy who had previously called Alone in the Dark the worst movie ever. I think it changed his mind.

Might give it a rent for kicks.
flufflogic
User avatar
 
Posts: 3313
Joined: Jan 29th, 2010 @ 6:26am
Location: The Northern Wastes of England

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby Kenshiro28 » Aug 2nd, 2010 @ 11:35am

AP-Zac wrote:two words: Surf Ninjas

I was about to rage for a second because I read that as "Surf Nazis".
Everyone in this thread is a looooseeerrr
Kenshiro28
User avatar
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Jul 30th, 2010 @ 11:35am

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby LiQuid » Aug 2nd, 2010 @ 12:09pm

flufflogic wrote:
LiQuid wrote:Dudes! I'm not even a half hour into Clash of the Titans 2010 and it's already pretty close! Holy shit not only is every aspect of this movie laughably amateurish, it totally shits on the original and mythology in general!


A friend rented it on iTunes, and informed me it was the movie equipment of tearing your anus. The same guy who had previously called Alone in the Dark the worst movie ever. I think it changed his mind.

Might give it a rent for kicks.

The worst part isn't that it's bad. I love bad movies. The problem is that it feels bad with a purpose. It's like the script goes out of its way to hand hold you through what it's perception of the mythology is, but then it's version of the mythology is so fucking stupid and insulting. There's like fucking wood monster demon things that join up with the merry band, and then go riding scorpionback across the desert... The entire plot set up is hurried and mental and they throw characters at you without so much as an introduction or a name and then when they die someone yells out their name and we're supposed to feel sad. It's just a big, dumb movie that doesn't try to be coherent, or even look good. The CG is abysmal. The old claymation Medusa is so much better than whatever CG snake garbage they shit out for this. It's ridiculous.

I paused it with about thirty minutes left out of sheer boredom, so I officially haven't seen the fabled release of the Kraken yet, but I might turn it back on after I lobotomize the first 2/3rds of it out of my mind.
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby kenzo » Aug 2nd, 2010 @ 1:54pm

flufflogic wrote:
kenzo wrote:
Seriously. What an awesomely awful film.
Are they cutouts? Never have I seen such wooden acting. I mean, Pierce Brosnan in Dante's Peak was the previous masterclass, but wow.
There is another 90 minutes where that came from! And like, five disgusting sex scenes, mostly staring the monster in the coat there. Every new scene, without fail, his character starts out by saying, "Oh, hi there <character name>!"

dabeast0976 wrote:It was called "The Citizen Kane of bad movies". Now that shit is funny. :lol:
I'm willing to bet real money that if LiQuid were to watch this film, he would shit his pants laughing.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 2nd, 2010 @ 2:20pm

kenzo wrote:
Seriously. What an awesomely awful film.


After watching that, I can only quote the great Calculon:

"That acting was so bad, I think you gave me cancer!!!"

JEEZUS, that was awful!
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 3rd, 2010 @ 6:27am

kenzo wrote:
Seriously. What an awesomely awful film.


Are you sure thats not a parody of bad acting?
Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Options

Return to TV and Movies

cron