Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby LiQuid » Aug 24th, 2010 @ 12:06pm

Jin: We have Marcus Theaters here. The pricing isn't the reason I don't go to the flicks more often, I don't mind paying $10 to see a film. I just only find it worthwhile when I'm with a large group of friends and some smuggled alcohol, or a movie that I really want to see (or, yes, Kenzo was right, for a date I really don't want to see). Otherwise I do 95% of my movie watching on a whim, or as a planned date night with my digital bff.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Aug 24th, 2010 @ 12:09pm

jinpei05 wrote:
kenzo wrote:
jinpei05 wrote:
kenzo wrote:You're obviously doing it wrong.
Obviously, so why don't you give me the scoop???
You don't watch the movie when you go on dates, silly. You cuddle, make out, and feel up your lady-friend the entire time in the back of the theater. I feel like this goes without saying.
I can do this in the comfort and privacy of my/her place without having to pay for movie tickets, so unless you've got an exhibitionist fetish or just don't care who gawks at you, I'd rather go to a movie theater to see a movie. :D
It's not about PDA; that's why I said you go to the back of the theater where it's dark and nobody can see you. Plus, everyone else does it, so it's not like people will be gawking at you. Just don't make too much noise.

Also, you can't always stay at home (unless you want to get dumped). You have to leave the house once and a while, which will invariably always cost money. So if you're gonna be spending money on a lady, you might as well get your moneys worth and make it something that maximizes the amount of 'face time' you get with her. Again, I feel like this should normally all go without being said.
kenzo

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 24th, 2010 @ 12:18pm

LiQuid wrote:Jin: We have Marcus Theaters here. The pricing isn't the reason I don't go to the flicks more often, I don't mind paying $10 to see a film. I just only find it worthwhile when I'm with a large group of friends and some smuggled alcohol, or a movie that I really want to see (or, yes, Kenzo was right, for a date I really don't want to see). Otherwise I do 95% of my movie watching on a whim, or as a planned date night with my digital bff.

With a lot of my friends married with kids or living in other cities, I'm often forced to see movies in theaters alone. And for five bucks, I'll tolerate almost anything to see a first-run movie. Like you, I'll smuggle in a sandwich and drinks and prop my feet up on the seat in front and have a nice evening of dinner and a movie for one.

kenzo wrote:It's not about PDA; that's why I said you go to the back of the theater where it's dark and nobody can see you. Plus, everyone else does it, so it's not like people will be gawking at you. Just don't make too much noise.

Also, you can't always stay at home (unless you want to get dumped). You have to leave the house once and a while, which will invariably always cost money. So if you're gonna be spending money on a lady, you might as well get your moneys worth and make it something that maximizes the amount of 'face time' you get with her. Again, I feel like this should normally all go without being said.

Of course going out is integral to a relationship. However, it's not always a necessity to spend money when doing so. I can always take her to the lakefront in Evanston, which is free, beautiful, and has many secluded spots off the bike trails for making out.

You would do wise to learn how to take advantage of your surroundings, young one.

And besides, I always do my best work in-house. :D
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Aug 24th, 2010 @ 12:43pm

jinpei05 wrote:Of course going out is integral to a relationship. However, it's not always a necessity to spend money when doing so. I can always take her to the lakefront in Evanston, which is free, beautiful, and has many secluded spots off the bike trails for making out.

You would do wise to learn how to take advantage of your surroundings, young one.

Everything costs money. Or are you gonna try to convince me that your drive to the lake-front was fueled with free gasoline? And that you guys ate honey and manna that rained down from heaven? Obviously some options are cheaper than others, but you've gotta have paper to do almost anything.
kenzo

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 24th, 2010 @ 12:52pm

kenzo wrote:
jinpei05 wrote:Of course going out is integral to a relationship. However, it's not always a necessity to spend money when doing so. I can always take her to the lakefront in Evanston, which is free, beautiful, and has many secluded spots off the bike trails for making out.

Everything costs money. Or are you gonna try to convince me that your drive to the lake-front was fueled with free gasoline? And that you guys ate honey and manna that rained down from heaven? Obviously some options are cheaper than others, but you've gotta have paper to do almost anything.

See, now you're nitpicking. Of course everything costs money. You could argue it costs money to stay in with rent and utilities like electricity and gas. But why compound your costs when you go out? Your original argument was that going to the theaters was the best choice to 'maximize face time with your lady.' I offered up an alternative that was much cheaper while still allowing for ample amounts of sucking face. And if I wanted to, I could take the train or even walk to the lakefront, which would be even cheaper still.

If we were to follow your line of thinking, I could argue what's the point of even existing? Everything costs money!
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Aug 24th, 2010 @ 1:00pm

jinpei05 wrote:If we were to follow your line of thinking, I could argue what's the point of even existing? Everything costs money!
You're clearly not following my line of thinking, if the endpoint is 'fuck everything'. My line of reasoning is: if you HAVE to go outside at some point (and not everyone is lucky enough like you apparently, to have a grrrfriend that is content to sit on the couch all day long) and you have to spend money (not everyone is lucky enough like you apparently, to have a grrrfriend that is content to do free shit all the time), then you might as well spend money on something that's fun for you as well like making out at the movies, as opposed to say, being bored out of your skull at a play or opera.
kenzo

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 24th, 2010 @ 1:19pm

kenzo wrote:You're clearly not following my line of thinking, if the endpoint is 'fuck everything'. My line of reasoning is: if you HAVE to go outside at some point (and not everyone is lucky enough like you apparently, to have a grrrfriend that is content to sit on the couch all day long) and you have to spend money (not everyone is lucky enough like you apparently, to have a grrrfriend that is content to do free shit all the time), then you might as well spend money on something that's fun for you as well like making out at the movies, as opposed to say, being bored out of your skull at a play or opera.

Sorry if you think I'm not following your thinking, but it's hard when you make statements like free gas or food from heaven and everything costing something...

Actually, I don't have a girlfriend right now. But when I did, she was loving, considering, and flexible enough to spend a night in or out. She wasn't a homebody or a couch-potato, but she wasn't a party animal either. And she didn't dig plays or operas.

You're not following my simple premise of knowing what's around you specifically and taking advantage of what's free to do, regardless of what kind of girlfriend you have. I'm sure living in NorCal has a lot to offer in that department. And trust me, the ladies appreciate that shit too. Not every night has to be dinner, drinks, and a flick.

Go back to your original statement of going to a movie strictly to make out. I was simply offering up my viewpoint of why I go to the theater.
Last edited by jinpei05 on Aug 24th, 2010 @ 5:16pm, edited 1 time in total.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby Creep » Aug 24th, 2010 @ 1:28pm

I saw Piranha 3D last night with a group of friends. I would give it an A. Excellent, dumb, fun. If you're gonna watch it in theaters, go with people. Boobs, blood, violence, directed by a guy who knows what he's dealing with and makes it work. I'm probably going to see it again over the weekend with some other people who I know would like it. If you're on the fence, want to watch something fun, need a laugh, like gore, go out and see it in theaters in 3D. It's seriously a good time.
Creep

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 24th, 2010 @ 1:31pm

Creep wrote:I saw Piranha 3D last night with a group of friends. I would give it an A. Excellent, dumb, fun. If you're gonna watch it in theaters, go with people. Boobs, blood, violence, directed by a guy who knows what he's dealing with and makes it work. I'm probably going to see it again over the weekend with some other people who I know would like it. If you're on the fence, want to watch something fun, need a laugh, like gore, go out and see it in theaters in 3D. It's seriously a good time.

Cool, that's what I figured. I am slightly more inclined to see it now. Thanks for your thoughts.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby flufflogic » Aug 24th, 2010 @ 1:33pm

Well, I watched Clash of the Titans last night.

It's a solid 2/5, but certainly not the worst film ever. I'm still saying House of the Dead for that.
flufflogic

Postby Creep » Aug 24th, 2010 @ 1:37pm

jinpei05 wrote:Cool, that's what I figured. I am slightly more inclined to see it now. Thanks for your thoughts.

My pleasure.
Creep

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 24th, 2010 @ 1:38pm

flufflogic wrote:Well, I watched Clash of the Titans last night.

It's a solid 2/5, but certainly not the worst film ever. I'm still saying House of the Dead for that.

What exactly about that movie made it suck so much? I'm talking about Clash of the Titans.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 24th, 2010 @ 1:39pm

Creep wrote:
jinpei05 wrote:Cool, that's what I figured. I am slightly more inclined to see it now. Thanks for your thoughts.

My pleasure.

Be honest: the sight of severed breasts and a severed penis floating in the water raised it from an A- to an A, right? :lol: :lol: :lol:
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby Creep » Aug 24th, 2010 @ 1:43pm

jinpei05 wrote:Be honest: the sight of severed breasts and a severed penis floating in the water raised it from an A- to an A, right? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The whole thing was ridiculous, those over the top elements elevated it to "Oh god, seriously, lol. I love it."
Creep

Postby Creep » Aug 24th, 2010 @ 1:46pm

Bobloblaw wrote:The intent to be funny is clear from the beginning of Teeth.

Yes. There is a scene in a gynecologist's office that will gross you out and and make you laugh at the same time. So funny. "Vagina dentata! It's real!!!" I almost chose this as my Geekbox movie club selection.
Creep

Postby flufflogic » Aug 25th, 2010 @ 1:00pm

jinpei05 wrote:
flufflogic wrote:Well, I watched Clash of the Titans last night.

What exactly about that movie made it suck so much? I'm talking about Clash of the Titans.

It's so unbearably by the numbers. Personal woes: the Kraken looks stupid, why are immortals wearing armour, what the hell are djinn doing in the tale of Perseus, why are they Ents, why is the most beautiful woman in the world not the love interest, how did the guy playing Hades not get an award for services to high melodrama, what the Hell have they done to my beloved Greek mythology... and the original is still a better film, scene for scene.

This is Transformers 2 for the Classics, a true bastardisation.
flufflogic

Postby RubedoHawk » Aug 26th, 2010 @ 10:52am

Cabin Fever (2002)

Not ever good from a campy horror perspective, just bad.
RubedoHawk

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 26th, 2010 @ 11:16am

RubedoHawk wrote:Cabin Fever (2002)

ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!? :shock:

I agree with you, it's horrible from a strictly horror movie viewpoint, but you found nothing redeeming about it at all??? Not even Dennis? I lost my shit when he started wigging out!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby Bobloblaw » Aug 26th, 2010 @ 11:48am

jinpei05 wrote:
RubedoHawk wrote:Cabin Fever (2002)

ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!? :shock:

I agree with you, it's horrible from a strictly horror movie viewpoint, but you found nothing redeeming about it at all??? Not even Dennis? I lost my shit when he started wigging out!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was Dennis the pancake kid?

Bobloblaw

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 26th, 2010 @ 12:15pm

Indeed he was. The only redeeming scene in that entire film.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby Creep » Aug 26th, 2010 @ 3:24pm

I'm a fan of the open wound finger banging. Delightful.
Creep

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 30th, 2010 @ 3:14pm

So League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was on yesterday. That's a special kind of fail. No wonder Alan Moore won't put his name on shit anymore...
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Aug 30th, 2010 @ 3:17pm

jinpei05 wrote:So League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was on yesterday. That's a special kind of fail. No wonder Alan Moore won't put his name on shit anymore...
That film wasn't as horrible as people made it out to be. It had an interesting setting (when is steampunk ever NOT interesting?) and had good action. No worse than say, Transformers, which people are willing to bend over backwards in order to apologize for it.
kenzo

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 30th, 2010 @ 4:06pm

The CGI alone was enough to make my yell at my TV.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Aug 30th, 2010 @ 4:23pm

jinpei05 wrote:The CGI alone was enough to make my yell at my TV.

Maybe the problem was that you were watching it on the small-screen where you could carefully analyze all the flaws and details. The film looked perfectly good to me in theaters.
kenzo

Postby MacBooey87 » Aug 30th, 2010 @ 7:11pm

As cliche as it is, I saw Twilight and that shit was horrendous. To much teenage angst and typical love story heroism and romantics. Also I am going out on a limb here, but...

Indiana Jones and The Crystal Skull was fucking horrible.
MacBooey87

Postby LiQuid » Aug 31st, 2010 @ 12:56am

I'm on the IJatCS Defense Force. It was way awesome even though (or because) it was stupid as fuck.
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 31st, 2010 @ 11:52am

kenzo wrote:
jinpei05 wrote:The CGI alone was enough to make my yell at my TV.

Maybe the problem was that you were watching it on the small-screen where you could carefully analyze all the flaws and details. The film looked perfectly good to me in theaters.

I was watching it on a 46" Samsung LCD HDTV. It was crap any way you sliced it.

Watch it now and see if it still holds up for you. I'm betting good money it won't. And I won't even start on the acting and story.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby Bobloblaw » Aug 31st, 2010 @ 12:15pm

MacBooey87 wrote:Indiana Jones and The Crystal Skull was fucking horrible.

Horrible? It certainly wasn't on the same level as Raiders and the Last Crusade. Calling it horrible is a bit of a stretch.
Bobloblaw

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 31st, 2010 @ 12:17pm

Bobloblaw wrote:
MacBooey87 wrote:Indiana Jones and The Crystal Skull was fucking horrible.

Horrible? It certainly wasn't on the same level as Raiders and the Last Crusade. Calling it horrible is a bit of a stretch.

I agree, and I think it was better than all the Mummy movies and I don't really think they're all that bad.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics