Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: What's the WORST movie you've ever watched?

Postby PantslessJedi » Jun 27th, 2010 @ 5:07pm

Wobag wrote:There might have been some worse cheap made for tv movie, but the worst theatrical movie ive seen is probably Alien vs Predator 2

Jesus christ, they made a second one of those? I'm still recovering from the first one.
PantslessJedi

Postby Mr_eX » Jun 27th, 2010 @ 8:33pm

PantslessJedi wrote:
Wobag wrote:There might have been some worse cheap made for tv movie, but the worst theatrical movie ive seen is probably Alien vs Predator 2

Jesus christ, they made a second one of those? I'm still recovering from the first one.

The second one is better than the first, but it's still pretty bad.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Raine » Jun 28th, 2010 @ 1:17am

The second AvP movie is pretty bad, but it partially makes up for it by being insanely violent.
Raine

Postby Bobloblaw » Jun 28th, 2010 @ 2:08pm

Mr_eX wrote:
PantslessJedi wrote:

I liked the first. I thought it was a story of cross cultural understanding. The moment where the Predators accepted a human (outside of Danny Glover) as an equal hunting partner brought tears to my eyes.
Bobloblaw

Postby Mr_eX » Jun 28th, 2010 @ 2:51pm

Bobloblaw wrote:
Mr_eX wrote:
PantslessJedi wrote:

I liked the first. I thought it was a story of cross cultural understanding. The moment where the Predators accepted a human (outside of Danny Glover) as an equal hunting partner brought tears to my eyes.

And then they killed the queen by dropping it into the freezing ocean even though an alien can survive IN SPACE.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby kiwi » Jun 28th, 2010 @ 3:10pm

One of the worst movies I can remember seeing is Wanted. Loom of Fate? Talk about some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard.
kiwi

Postby kenzo » Jun 28th, 2010 @ 4:56pm

Remember that really bad film I said before? Well, that's not nearly as bad as this film.

Obvious troll is obvious.
kenzo

Postby Mr_eX » Jun 28th, 2010 @ 5:44pm

kiwi wrote:One of the worst movies I can remember seeing is Wanted. Loom of Fate? Talk about some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

It's based on a comic, I really enjoyed the movie. It was a mix between The Matrix and Fight Club.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Jun 29th, 2010 @ 5:58am

kenzo

Postby Klendathu » Jul 1st, 2010 @ 12:50am

Let me tell you about a bad movie:

Some movies are bad and that's just the end of it (e.g. Battlefiled Earth).
Some movies are bad and the director heads into a flame war with the Internet (e.g. Boll)
Some movies are so bad they allegedly are entertaining and have a fan base. (e.g. Troma)
but there is one movie so utterly rotten, that it spawned a cult of artsy snobs declaring it a high work of art, the Mona Lisa of movies.

Naturally, you the reader, a member of the dis-arted peasant masses, would not know about such a "good" movie. Without further ado, I suggest you watch BEGOTTEN (1990) and then try to tell me again that any movie in this thread was bad.

I have seen premieres of feature movies that were so bad the audience started revolt and shout at the director while the movie was still running until the screening room descended into chaos. I have seen feature presentations so bad, they were recut into 10 minute short movies and still buried. I have seen premieres of Boll movies before he did video game licenses and see him defend them (in relation to the rest he did not seem half bad really). I have seen alleged movies for children where people stir a 20ft. pot of mush for 120 minutes while the audience is tripping on acid. Nothing of that stands up to Begotten.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fadhsuINHfk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begotten

If you need something to wipe your brain afterwards, I have found that watching "The Nine Lives of Thomas Katz" actually works, due to the unique topic of that movie.
Klendathu

Postby Bobloblaw » Jul 1st, 2010 @ 7:27am

Klendathu wrote:Let me tell you about a bad movie:

Some movies are bad and that's just the end of it (e.g. Battlefiled Earth).
Some movies are bad and the director heads into a flame war with the Internet (e.g. Boll)
Some movies are so bad they allegedly are entertaining and have a fan base. (e.g. Troma)
but there is one movie so utterly rotten, that it spawned a cult of artsy snobs declaring it a high work of art, the Mona Lisa of movies.

Naturally, you the reader, a member of the dis-arted peasant masses, would not know about such a "good" movie. Without further ado, I suggest you watch BEGOTTEN (1990) and then try to tell me again that any movie in this thread was bad.

I have seen premieres of feature movies that were so bad the audience started revolt and shout at the director while the movie was still running until the screening room descended into chaos. I have seen feature presentations so bad, they were recut into 10 minute short movies and still buried. I have seen premieres of Boll movies before he did video game licenses and see him defend them (in relation to the rest he did not seem half bad really). I have seen alleged movies for children where people stir a 20ft. pot of mush for 120 minutes while the audience is tripping on acid. Nothing of that stands up to Begotten.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fadhsuINHfk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begotten

If you need something to wipe your brain afterwards, I have found that watching "The Nine Lives of Thomas Katz" actually works, due to the unique topic of that movie.

Did this ever get a major release? My personal definition of a bad movie involves a major theater release to expose the poor unsuspecting movie masses to its revolting awfulness. What good is a plague if it never spreads?

It looks like an art house movie. Which almost by definition is bad. Actually, I think it looks like something I'm going to play in the background of my next Halloween party.
Bobloblaw

Postby Klendathu » Jul 1st, 2010 @ 1:17pm

Parts of it ran in the background of Marilyn Manson videos, which was as mainstream as it got for Begotten. You can buy a DVD, which is a rare collector's item setting you back $150. Beyond that, there is only the internet. Should you ever run that as a video on your Halloween party for all your guests, then you are the toughest fucker known to man. Whoever of your friends is not bleeding insane, will never speak to you again 10 minutes into the movie. Should there be children present, they will be scarred for life.
Klendathu

Postby cool_wizard » Jul 1st, 2010 @ 4:00pm

fantastic 4 was one of the most aggravating movies I've ever seen. Hell ride was pretty crappy too.
cool_wizard

Postby Bobloblaw » Jul 1st, 2010 @ 4:30pm

Klendathu wrote:Parts of it ran in the background of Marilyn Manson videos, which was as mainstream as it got for Begotten. You can buy a DVD, which is a rare collector's item setting you back $150. Beyond that, there is only the internet. Should you ever run that as a video on your Halloween party for all your guests, then you are the toughest fucker known to man. Whoever of your friends is not bleeding insane, will never speak to you again 10 minutes into the movie. Should there be children present, they will be scarred for life.

I ran The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920) three years ago, Nosferatu (1922) two years ago and Monsters Crash the Pajama Party (1965) last year. I like vintage black and white movies running in the background in the darkened living room of the Halloween parties. I never have the sound on so silent movies have served me well. BEGOTTEN doesn't appear to need sound to be creepy.

The kids in the neighborhood do call my house "the scary house".
Bobloblaw

Postby Klendathu » Jul 2nd, 2010 @ 2:09am

Bobloblaw wrote:
Klendathu wrote:The kids in the neighborhood do call my house "the scary house".

just you wait what they call your house after they see someone disemboweling himself for 10 minutes to give birth to a woman masturbating for a while before giving birth to a man who is later eaten alive. And no, those are not quick cuts, those are dragged out 10 minute sequences each. Just in case you were wondering why part 2/7 was missing from youtube.

But while Begotten might provide some shock value there, it really just remains terrible. This is super-pretentiousness gone horribly wrong.
Klendathu

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Jul 2nd, 2010 @ 2:22am

Has it ever gone horribly right, or right, or even just wrong? The only kind that exists is the horribly wrong kind.
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby Klendathu » Jul 2nd, 2010 @ 11:19am

One might say that some movies get it right in their pretentiousness. Dorian Gray comes to mind, Oliver Stone also usually delivers when he openly makes a project in which he says "I am going to make a comment on media and violence", or some war.

To get things horribly right I think you should be pretentious enough to make a movie about a catastrophe you see coming and then have it really happen after some time.

Another way to interpret pretentiousness gone horribly right is Uwe Boll. Now follow my train of thought for a second. Boll used to be yet another German director getting his movies funded by the German Board for Movie Subsidies. But in 1992 he got incredibly cocky and ultra-pretentious by claiming that famous German politician Uwe Barschel did not commit suicide but was in fact killed by spies. Back then he got hated to hell and back by German authorities for that and the movie subsidiary board was basically off limits from then on. Today we of course know that Boll's version is infinitely closer to the truth than the official suicide version. His pretentiousness proved to be right. But at the same time it forced him to find new methods to finance his films, which is why he moved to Canada and started promoting his finance scheme with the tax-refund safety net courtesy of the German government. We all know how that ended.

But even back in 2000, when he was at German film festivals and got asked why he financed abroad instead of taking from the subsidiary pool, he basically admitted that he was persona non grata there. There you have it: horribly right.
Klendathu

Postby jinpei05 » Jul 5th, 2010 @ 2:42pm

Has anyone here seen Survive Style 5+?

It is a weird-ass fucking movie that proves Japanese people are crazy.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby Jaconius » Jul 5th, 2010 @ 3:57pm

The Lovely Bones made me cringe.
Jaconius

Postby flufflogic » Jul 6th, 2010 @ 1:37pm

Jaconius wrote:The Lovely Bones made me cringe.

The BOOK made me cringe.
flufflogic

Postby deerpoob » Jul 7th, 2010 @ 11:57am

Klendathu wrote:One might say that some movies get it right in their pretentiousness. Dorian Gray comes to mind, Oliver Stone also usually delivers when he openly makes a project in which he says "I am going to make a comment on media and violence", or some war.

To get things horribly right I think you should be pretentious enough to make a movie about a catastrophe you see coming and then have it really happen after some time.

Another way to interpret pretentiousness gone horribly right is Uwe Boll. Now follow my train of thought for a second. Boll used to be yet another German director getting his movies funded by the German Board for Movie Subsidies. But in 1992 he got incredibly cocky and ultra-pretentious by claiming that famous German politician Uwe Barschel did not commit suicide but was in fact killed by spies. Back then he got hated to hell and back by German authorities for that and the movie subsidiary board was basically off limits from then on. Today we of course know that Boll's version is infinitely closer to the truth than the official suicide version. His pretentiousness proved to be right. But at the same time it forced him to find new methods to finance his films, which is why he moved to Canada and started promoting his finance scheme with the tax-refund safety net courtesy of the German government. We all know how that ended.

But even back in 2000, when he was at German film festivals and got asked why he financed abroad instead of taking from the subsidiary pool, he basically admitted that he was persona non grata there. There you have it: horribly right.

that ass face lives in my country? :(

worst movie ever....hmmm.....I dunno I actually enjoy movies people say are bad XD I can just sort of switch off and enjoy movies like van helsing (i know) but the biggest disappointment was the second blair witch, I didnt enjoy the first but ive actually seen the second on a lot of horror movie lists and a guy whos opinion of movies I actually value said it was great....it wasnt.
Currently Playing: Torchlight, Borderlands, Planescape:torment

Procrastinating: Dragon Age, Disgaea DS, SMT Devil Survivor, Assasins Creed 2

Wants to play: Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2, Heavy Rain, Alan Wake, Ico, Persona 4
deerpoob

Postby Bobloblaw » Jul 7th, 2010 @ 12:16pm

I usually enjoy bad movies for how truly horrible they are MSTK3 style. For whatever reason, I could not find anything enjoyable about this mess of a movie. It is the only movie that I seriously contemplated leaving the theater in the middle of the viewing.

Kung Pow Enter the Fist
Bobloblaw

Postby LiQuid » Jul 7th, 2010 @ 12:35pm

Dude, Kung Pow was amazing, what's wrong with your brain?
LiQuid

Postby flufflogic » Jul 7th, 2010 @ 1:23pm

Kung Pow was... interesting. The cow fight was a little unfunny, but it certainly had moments.
flufflogic

Postby LiQuid » Jul 7th, 2010 @ 1:35pm

Yeah the cow fight and the entire ending were real bad, but that movie has some of the best lowest common denominator humor of all time.
LiQuid

Postby Bobloblaw » Jul 7th, 2010 @ 1:41pm

LiQuid wrote:Yeah the cow fight and the entire ending were real bad, but that movie has some of the best lowest common denominator humor of all time.

I thought I would enjoy the movie for those merits alone but for some reason all the humor in the movie totally missed.
Bobloblaw

Postby jinpei05 » Jul 7th, 2010 @ 2:17pm

Bobloblaw wrote:
LiQuid wrote:Yeah the cow fight and the entire ending were real bad, but that movie has some of the best lowest common denominator humor of all time.

I thought I would enjoy the movie for those merits alone but for some reason all the humor in the movie totally missed.

I found it was funnier to talk about the movie than actually watching the movie itself, especially the scenes with Betty.

"YOUR CLOTHES ARE BLACK!"

"RED CLOTHES!"
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby Raine » Jul 8th, 2010 @ 5:19am

Kung Pow is fucking genius. The "ninja vanish" gag where this tiny cloud of smoke hovers around the guys knees is enough to make this movie awesome, but you got a shit ton of other great gags like working out on the bow flex or any scene with the "wise master" type dude.
Raine

Postby LiQuid » Jul 8th, 2010 @ 6:31am

When I first saw Kung Pow (true story, I actually saw it in the theater, with 2 close friends on my 21st birthday) I was laughing so hard I nearly peed myself. Its potency has waned over the years, but there are definitely still parts of that movie that crack me up. The ninja smoke is one of them. The major other one is the close up view of the gopher's face when he's getting spun around. Something about the image of that with the squeal makes me laugh every time I see it.
LiQuid

Postby Bobloblaw » Jul 8th, 2010 @ 7:49am

Raine wrote:Kung Pow is fucking genius. The "ninja vanish" gag where this tiny cloud of smoke hovers around the guys knees is enough to make this movie awesome, but you got a shit ton of other great gags like working out on the bow flex or any scene with the "wise master" type dude.

I get why some people might find the movie funny but fucking genius is totally out of the question even if you are exaggerating for effect.
Bobloblaw

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics