Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: Inception

Postby Huxley » Jul 29th, 2010 @ 10:35am

The subject's subconscious is still within the world the dreamer has constructed around it. He still has to be a willing or unknowing participant. If the subject suspects foul play and doesn't trust the dreamers and/or the guides the jig is up and they won't be able to get further into his subconscious.

Yes it makes sense to me either way. The "breaking into his own subconsious" line made me immediately think they were "going into" fischers dream rather than just letting his projections come out inside someone elses dream. The movie still made sense to me even if i was wrong about that part.
Huxley

Postby MacBooey87 » Jul 29th, 2010 @ 10:51am

Huxley wrote:
The subject's subconscious is still within the world the dreamer has constructed around it. He still has to be a willing or unknowing participant. If the subject suspects foul play and doesn't trust the dreamers and/or the guides the jig is up and they won't be able to get further into his subconscious.

Yes it makes sense to me either way. The "breaking into his own subconsious" line made me immediately think they were "going into" fischers dream rather than just letting his projections come out inside someone elses dream. The movie still made sense to me even if i was wrong about that part.

You have to remember too the Eammes was no longer disguised as Browning. If you remember when, I'm blanking on his name, the asian guy saw Browning and tried to talk to him and Eammes told him, it wasn't him. So by using himself to break into his own subconsious, they meant that, in that level of the dream, Fischer created a projection of Browning, and they were using that projection of Browning to go to the next level and since Fischer believed Browning was against him that is how they were using him to break into his own subconsious, because that Browning was a projection from his subconsious.
MacBooey87

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Jul 29th, 2010 @ 10:55am

Huxley wrote:It says the 'Ice Fortress' was Eames's mind, but im sure it was actually Fischer's

When they are in the hotel room preparing to make the next dream level, they tell Fischer that they are going to go inside Browning's mind (who Eames is disguised as) BUT it is quickly pointed out that this was lie they told to get Fischer to play along and be part of their team. I think it was Arthur who said in that same scene that they were helping Fischer "break into his own subconcious".

This was the trick that made inception possible. As they discuss during the planning stages, it was important that the idea had to come from within, otherwise the mind would realise it came from someone else.

I dont think we ever saw Eames dream.

By this point in the movie Eames was no longer playing Browning. The plan was for Eames to play Browning in the kidnapping section, then when they jumped down into the next dream Fischer's subconscious would create the version of Browning Eames was playing in the prior dream so to make it like it was Fischer's idea to have mistrust in his father so the inception would work. During the hotel scene it was Fischer's subconscious as Browning pointed out by the fact that Asian made a joke to Browning in the hotel and Browning looked at him oddly, then Eames turned the corner and shook his head telling Asian that he wasn't Browning.
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Jul 29th, 2010 @ 10:57am

MacBooey87 wrote:..

Bastard!
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby MacBooey87 » Jul 29th, 2010 @ 11:00am

BEARinaMANSUIT wrote:
MacBooey87 wrote:..

Bastard!

:mrgreen:
MacBooey87

Postby LiQuid » Jul 29th, 2010 @ 12:53pm

I still only saw the movie once but it's so uncomplicated, I don't understand how people are still getting tripped up on it. Maybe I was just paying extra close attention to dialog since I didn't go with anybody else.
LiQuid

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Jul 29th, 2010 @ 1:05pm

LiQuid wrote:I still only saw the movie once but it's so uncomplicated, I don't understand how people are still getting tripped up on it. Maybe I was just paying extra close attention to dialog since I didn't go with anybody else.

This. Glad I'm not the only one, and I did go with someone else, still not that complicated.
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby kenzo » Jul 29th, 2010 @ 1:09pm

LiQuid wrote:I still only saw the movie once but it's so uncomplicated, I don't understand how people are still getting tripped up on it. Maybe I was just paying extra close attention to dialog since I didn't go with anybody else.

I went with distracting drunk people who got up to go to the bathroom twenty times each and needed me to fill them in on what happened each time they went. And I still found it uncomplicated.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Jul 29th, 2010 @ 1:56pm

Haha, I'm normally that drunk. I know when it's appropriate though. I wouldn't be dumb enough to try and drink through a movie like Inception.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Jul 29th, 2010 @ 11:42pm

LiQuid wrote:Haha, I'm normally that drunk. I know when it's appropriate though. I wouldn't be dumb enough to try and drink through a movie like Inception.

Are you kidding? It was the perfect film to be drunk during, for three simple reasons:
1.) Anytime you successfully sneak a twelve pack into a crowded theater is awesome.
2.) Watching those crazy fights/chases/dream business drunk is likewise, awesome.
3.) The film was perfectly paced, so that you could skip all the boring talky parts with your pee-breaks.
kenzo

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Jul 30th, 2010 @ 1:41am

I've only seen one movie while intoxicated, and that was Transformers. I don't remember how I got in, all I know is I didn't pay.
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby slinkdickens » Jul 31st, 2010 @ 4:00pm

In general, I don't think anyone is saying its complicated. In fact, one of the biggest praises I have (as well as others) is how clear Chris Nolan is able to communicate what could potentially be a complicated mess. A movie that presents a dream is within a dream within a dream within a dream and you can walk out saying it isn't complicated is totally impressive.
slinkdickens

Postby LiQuid » Aug 1st, 2010 @ 5:58pm

Was super excited to find this clip on YouTube, so I decided to share. This might be the coolest 30 seconds of footage Hollywood has ever produced.

LiQuid

Postby Elementz » Aug 3rd, 2010 @ 1:46pm

This movie quickly broke into my top 10 favorites of all time. I love the matrix style and the elaborate dreaming sequences that it presents so well.
Though earth and man are gone, I thought the cube would last forever.... I was wrong.
Elementz

Postby rentfn » Aug 3rd, 2010 @ 3:25pm

The truth is out there

rentfn

Postby kenzo » Aug 3rd, 2010 @ 3:41pm

rentfn wrote:The truth is out there

So awesome.
kenzo

Postby Master Higgins » Aug 3rd, 2010 @ 5:55pm

http://videogum.com/208132/caught-incep ... -spinoffs/

The Dark Knight was an obvious ripoff too…

And “The Prestige”

:lol: :lol: :lol:
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby rentfn » Aug 3rd, 2010 @ 7:06pm

I'm glad Nolan liked Disney afternoon as much as i did.
rentfn

Postby Govir » Aug 19th, 2010 @ 5:24am

Huxley wrote:So when they were in the hotel room what was the whole " help him break into his own subconcious" line about? If they were about to go into Eames' mind at that point then that line doesnt make sense.

They went into Eames' dream.
1. The "world" they entered was constructed by Ellen Page's character and the layout was already known. I'd have to rewatch it to see if there are sketches of it when they're planning, but I also recall them saying something about the layout when they were actually in the dream.
2. The movie established the idea of telling a subject about a secure location within the dream and then the subject will subconsciously put things into that secure location. (This is the whole premise of Extraction)
3. They told Fischer they were breaking into Browning's mind where Browning had a secret Browning didn't want to let Fischer know about. What they were actually doing was entering Eames' dream where a large safe was part of the layout. Fischer (as the subject) then filled in that safe with the things he thought were in there (in this case, something Fischer thought Browning was trying to hide from him).
Govir

Postby KindGalaxy » Oct 21st, 2010 @ 8:34pm

Never start a beef with a butcher
KindGalaxy

Postby kenzo » Oct 21st, 2010 @ 8:40pm

Meh, that South Park episode was ok.
kenzo

Postby KindGalaxy » Oct 21st, 2010 @ 8:43pm

kenzo wrote:Meh, that South Park episode was ok.

I laughed my ass off every time he did the music. My wife at first was like 'he's an idiot' but then she just started laughing. It was a great episode, involving owl rape.
Never start a beef with a butcher
KindGalaxy

Postby LiQuid » Dec 7th, 2010 @ 2:23am

Just watched this again. Guess what? It still ruled. And who says I only like shitty shit?
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Dec 7th, 2010 @ 3:30am

Crap. Now we all have to hate Inception. :lol:
kenzo

Postby GiantAsianMan » Dec 7th, 2010 @ 9:02am

The dreams in real-time.

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous
GiantAsianMan

Postby kevinep3 » Dec 7th, 2010 @ 2:08pm

kenzo wrote:Crap. Now we all have to hate Inception. :lol:

damn i liked this movie too, oh well
inception is crap, i hate this movie :lol:
psn:kevinep331, xbl:kevinep3, steam:kevinep3
kevinep3

Postby Creep » Dec 7th, 2010 @ 2:29pm

Good, not great. A-
Creep

Postby lemon-fresh » Dec 10th, 2010 @ 10:04am

Agreed, there was a lot of unneeded action sequences that really fucked up the pacing near the end (good guy shoots good, bad guy shoots bad). Awesome concept and acting tho.
lemon-fresh

Postby flufflogic » Dec 11th, 2010 @ 5:20am

I watched it last night, real-time blogged it on Twitter (hashtag #inceppercep) and then collated it onto my Tumblr.

It's awesome.
flufflogic

Postby kenzo » Dec 11th, 2010 @ 6:44am

flufflogic wrote:I watched it last night, real-time blogged it on Twitter (hashtag #inceppercep) and then collated it onto my Tumblr.
Sometimes, I really hate the internet.
kenzo

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics