Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

THE HUB: Greatest Channel Ever?

Postby jinpei05 » Sep 22nd, 2010 @ 9:30am

So as many of you may already know, Hasbro acquired a 50% stake in Discovery Kids back in April, with the resulting joint-venture changing the channel's name to The Hub on October 10, 2010. Discovery will oversee ad sales and distribution, while Hasbro will be responsible for programming.

The rebranded channel will air programming for children ages 6-12, drawing largely on the libraries of both parent companies. Programs confirmed to be featured on the network include The Transformers, G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero, My Little Pony, Adventure Camp, Flight 29 Down, Strawberry Shortcake, Fraggle Rock, Meerkat Manor, Pound Puppies, Deltora Quest, The 99, The Wonder Years, Doogie Howser, M.D. Jem, Batman Beyond, The WotWots and Atomic Betty. Additionally, a show called Family Game Night, based on Hasbro's game properties, will air as well.

The Hub has also announced the addition of nine brand new shows: Pictureka, The Adventures of Chuck and Friends, Transformers: Prime, G.I. Joe: Renegades, In the Night Garden, Dennis and Gnasher, R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour, Clue and Hubworld.

While on the surface it seems like an entire 24-hour network based around selling Hasbro toys and games, there's a lot of potential for awesomeness here, especially after seeing G.I. Joe: Renegades in motion.

What do you guys think? Share your thoughts here!
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Re: THE HUB: Greatest Channel Ever?

Postby Bobloblaw » Sep 22nd, 2010 @ 10:02am

You had me at Transformers.
Bobloblaw

Postby LiQuid » Sep 22nd, 2010 @ 10:13am

It's like Saturday morning cartoons the channel. There was even sciency/educationaly stuff on after the toons too. Seems like a good bit of nostalgia.
LiQuid

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Sep 22nd, 2010 @ 11:46am

Clue the T.V. Show? It better be a Clue 2.
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby Bobloblaw » Sep 22nd, 2010 @ 1:38pm

LiQuid wrote:It's like Saturday morning cartoons the channel. There was even sciency/educationaly stuff on after the toons too. Seems like a good bit of nostalgia.

Throw in some School House Rock for old times sake.
Bobloblaw

Postby Albrexor » Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 4:58pm

Oh man, better have special nights with the Transformers: The Movie, GI Joe the movie and that batman beyond movie!

I gotta make sure my cable subscription covers this channel.

cobraaalalalalalalalala
My little podcast http://nerdoptimal.com
Albrexor

Postby jinpei05 » Sep 30th, 2010 @ 1:55pm

So those of you who get Discovery networks, mark your calenders. October 10th, 2010, at 4:30pm CST, there will be a sneak peak of Transformers: Prime and G.I. Joe: Renegades.

Somebody please watch it and tell me how it is!
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby jinpei05 » Nov 22nd, 2010 @ 4:51pm

Just a quick heads-up: Those of you who get HUB and are fans of Transformers, please check out the premiere of Transformers: Prime this Friday!

jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Forum Statistics