Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Californication

Postby KindGalaxy » Sep 27th, 2010 @ 8:27am

This is perhaps the greatest show ever made. I can relate 100% to this fucking show it is INSANE. This thread and the drunk/high thread on Off Topic should merge.

Anyone else relate to this show? Or watch it at least. Yes I made a thread about it before, but that was Season 3. This is a 'Series' thread mostly cos im watching it from episode 1 with my wife right tonight and fucking hell he reminds me of me. Christ.
Never start a beef with a butcher
KindGalaxy

Re: Californication

Postby Creep » Sep 27th, 2010 @ 1:51pm

Hank Moody is the coolest loser on TV.
Creep

Postby James-Kond » Sep 28th, 2010 @ 1:01pm

He was a pretty good guy in season 3, still crazy moment but he was all responsible and everything. Which gave him more depth. Season 4 is on my watch list ;o
It all started with a bang.
James-Kond

Postby Creep » Sep 28th, 2010 @ 1:16pm

That's the thing, he's a fuck up, but he tries really hard sometimes. He's talented, good with people, wants to do the right thing, but still flawed and a fuck up in the end. This makes him very interesting to watch. Definitely a cool person to hang out with if he was real.
Creep

Postby KindGalaxy » Dec 1st, 2010 @ 9:12pm

Some of the latest promos on the lead up to Season 4.

KindGalaxy

Postby James-Kond » Dec 2nd, 2010 @ 10:07am

Stephen Tobolowsky yeah baby! He's looking good...
James-Kond

Postby LiQuid » Dec 2nd, 2010 @ 5:41pm

Season 4 hasn't even started yet?? I watched season 3 like months ago and I thought I was super far behind. Didn't this show start like 5 or 6 years ago, or am I going nuts?
LiQuid

Postby KindGalaxy » Dec 2nd, 2010 @ 6:09pm

LiQuid wrote:Season 4 hasn't even started yet?? I watched season 3 like months ago and I thought I was super far behind. Didn't this show start like 5 or 6 years ago, or am I going nuts?

You're nuts. It started in 2007.
KindGalaxy

Postby MacBooey87 » Dec 3rd, 2010 @ 3:40pm

KindGalaxy wrote:
LiQuid wrote:Season 4 hasn't even started yet?? I watched season 3 like months ago and I thought I was super far behind. Didn't this show start like 5 or 6 years ago, or am I going nuts?

You're nuts. It started in 2007.

:lol:
MacBooey87

Postby KindGalaxy » Jan 10th, 2011 @ 6:26am

Season 4 premiere. Fucking Awesome. I rather like the new show Shameless that started up as well, the other one... Episodes... 'ehhhhhhhh. I hope they make Matt LeBlanc into a total party dude or some fucked up sexaholic that is really hard to work with, anyway,

Californication brought the thunder, they seem to hit their stride, since "The Apartment" episode in Season 3 they've gone gangbusters. Season 4's first episode was like that, Hank getting released; first 3 things to grab, smoke, whiskey, sunglasses.
KindGalaxy

Postby James-Kond » Jan 10th, 2011 @ 8:17am

I've already saw both first eps, the first one is great. The second one is.. a pretty basic Cali ep, but still awesome!
James-Kond

Postby James-Kond » Jan 24th, 2011 @ 6:24am

Woah.. ep 3 is like.. pretty bad. Yeah the regular Californication dip in quality.
James-Kond

Postby Roadie Brock » Jan 24th, 2011 @ 9:10am

Californication...What can I say about a show I first watched in Kansas? Awesome! Definitely one of the best shows on TV.
"Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem"

http://www.conspiratorbrock.com/
Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Postby KindGalaxy » Jan 24th, 2011 @ 5:24pm

James-Kond wrote:Woah.. ep 3 is like.. pretty bad. Yeah the regular Californication dip in quality.

Pretty bad?! The fuck?! I was only disappointed with 2 things; the way they introduced Zoe Kravitz and that we didn't get a tally update on how many chicks Runkle has had sex with.

It was a good episode to reinforce how Hank will do anything for Becca, even at the expense of a relationship with Karen.
KindGalaxy

Postby Creep » Jan 24th, 2011 @ 6:36pm

It's funny that Zoe Kravitz was on the latest episode of Californication. Before I watched that episode, I watched The Brave One on AMC. In that movie, she had a bit part as a strung out plaything of a sadistic psycho. I suppose "funny" is not the right word to use. She has a very interesting look about her nonetheless.
Creep

Postby KindGalaxy » Jan 24th, 2011 @ 6:40pm

I knew she was going to be in Californication, but didn't know the capacity. It did feel corny how they introduced the 'girl band' that seems it will become Becca's stability.
KindGalaxy

Postby Creep » Jan 24th, 2011 @ 6:52pm

They are so edgy.
Creep

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Jan 24th, 2011 @ 11:03pm

I got to, I think it was season three and stopped, too much shit I was doing. Planning on picking it up again.
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby James-Kond » Jan 25th, 2011 @ 9:05am

KindGalaxy wrote:
James-Kond wrote:Woah.. ep 3 is like.. pretty bad. Yeah the regular Californication dip in quality.

Pretty bad?! The fuck?! I was only disappointed with 2 things; the way they introduced Zoe Kravitz and that we didn't get a tally update on how many chicks Runkle has had sex with.

It was a good episode to reinforce how Hank will do anything for Becca, even at the expense of a relationship with Karen.

The actors who play Karen and Becca can't act for shit though. And that whole family story bit is getting quite bland after four season ;o
James-Kond

Postby KindGalaxy » Jan 30th, 2011 @ 9:24pm

I've never laughed so much in an episode of Californication like I did in tonight's one. Jesus Christ that was fucking great
KindGalaxy

Postby James-Kond » Jan 31st, 2011 @ 8:28am

KindGalaxy wrote:I've never laughed so much in an episode of Californication like I did in tonight's one. Jesus Christ that was fucking great

Seconded!
James-Kond

Postby Creep » Jan 31st, 2011 @ 4:41pm

Addison Timlin. What a talented young lady.
Creep

Postby KindGalaxy » Feb 3rd, 2011 @ 8:20am

I'm not kidding when I say that for the last... 8 months... I watch at least 1 Californication episode, have no idea how many times I've seen the first 3 seasons... or even the first 4 episodes of Season 4... its must-view. There's something magical about Hank Moody, he is a... as the Dean once said, "God Damn Girl Whisperer".
KindGalaxy

Postby KindGalaxy » Feb 23rd, 2011 @ 10:03am

The only issue I had with the latest episode, which might require further thinking, is when they went to play golf. And hank missed the tee-off shot.

I think he did this on purpose, acting out about how he didn't want to be there, not due to a lack of golfing ability.

I say this because in Season 2 he and Lou Ashby hit balls off Lou's personal driving range and Hank acted perfectly.

I probably watch too much repeats of Californication to pick up on this shit. Anyway; great episode, setting it up for a Marcy-Runkle reunion!
KindGalaxy

Postby KindGalaxy » Mar 2nd, 2011 @ 9:48am

Quote from the latest episode:

“He’s going to kill us both, Charlie! Daddy doesn’t like it when I f*ck the slaves!”

That bitch was fucking crazy!
KindGalaxy

Postby KindGalaxy » Mar 7th, 2011 @ 12:00am

Strangely weak episode. I'm not sure who to blame, I'd probably blame Michael Lehmann. Who tends to do the worst Cali episodes.

It was good to see Becca fuck up with the car, good to see Karen get pissy at Ben, it seems Hank's alcoholism is going to reach a climax later in this season since it's getting mentioned and shown more frequently, and that real estate chick that Runkle is fucking... she is FUCKING NUTS and I love it!
KindGalaxy

Postby KindGalaxy » Mar 14th, 2011 @ 3:58am

I can see Hank going to rehab for sex addiction and alcoholism in Season 5. This season ends in 2 episodes now, ending with the verdict from the trial. But throughout we've seen him delve deeper into alcoholism, and throughout the last 4 seasons we've seen sex addiction through and through, I can't see him serving any time for statutory rape, and his lawyer is good, I'm guessing mandatory rehab will be his sentence, as well as some monetary fine, paying for court fees etc.

Season 1 had quite alot of drug use, particularly with surfer girl and the Scientologist, and season 2 had Marcy delve down the coke hole. Season 3 went back a step, went into sex and alcohol, Season 4 Hank is a full blown alcoholic to the point where he's homeless. Season 5 is going to be about rehab, sex addiction, alcoholism, and I can see Carla Gugino returning, either as a recurring or as a regular, Karen further distancing from Hank.

I am curious about next week's episode, Becca has news apparently... I'm guessing she's pregnant.
KindGalaxy

Postby Lopsidedown » Mar 14th, 2011 @ 11:41am

"I look like a fuckin FBI agent"

I squealed
Lopsidedown

Postby KindGalaxy » Mar 14th, 2011 @ 6:47pm

that was awesome lol, surprised it took them so long to make a X-Files reference
KindGalaxy

Postby James-Kond » Mar 15th, 2011 @ 8:55am

The X-Files joke was cool.. but the trial crap was just flashbacks to old episodes, thumbs down.
James-Kond

Next
Forum Statistics