Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Better Off Ted

Postby Sokkratez » Mar 25th, 2009 @ 5:03am

Dude - yes. SO MUCH YES.

And it's funny, too.
Sokkratez

Re: Better Off Ted

Postby GiantAsianMan » Mar 25th, 2009 @ 5:16am

Agreed. I thought this show was really funny. Its a natural pairing with Scrubs (its on ABC at 8:30, right before Lost), and if you find Scrubs enjoyable, you'll probably like Better Off Ted. Instead of voice-over narration, the main character, Ted, breaks the fourth wall. The two lab guys look like the could be really funny, and Portia de Rossi's character is flat-out hysterical (I'm sure many of you loved her in Arrested Development). The best description I read for it was if you took The Office and set it at Fringe's Massive Dynamic corporation, you'd get this show.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous
GiantAsianMan

Postby Klendathu » Mar 25th, 2009 @ 11:53am

Great Pilot episode, I hope they can keep up the quirky insanity.
Klendathu

Postby Magitek85 » Mar 28th, 2009 @ 7:07am

Really? Wow. I thought this was gonna be terrible. My friend and I were betting on what episode it would be cancelled. I loved Arrested Development so when I saw this and it looked lame I was sad for Portia's career. I'm glad it's good though, I'll have to check it out. Still... Better Off Ted??!?!?! Thats a TERRIBLE name!
Magitek85

Postby GiantAsianMan » Mar 28th, 2009 @ 8:31am

Magitek85 wrote:Really? Wow. I thought this was gonna be terrible. My friend and I were betting on what episode it would be cancelled. I loved Arrested Development so when I saw this and it looked lame I was sad for Portia's career. I'm glad it's good though, I'll have to check it out. Still... Better Off Ted??!?!?! Thats a TERRIBLE name!

Agreed, the name of the show is terrible. Potentially epically bad. But the show's funny in a completely wacky and off-the-wall kind of way.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous
GiantAsianMan

Postby Sokkratez » Mar 28th, 2009 @ 4:16pm

Yeah, I thought it would be dumb too. I waited almost a week to watch the pilot; I had even deleted it off my DVR. Then I watched it off ABC's website (they have a nice player even though it's not Opera compatible and you have to install a plug-in) and I was taken aback. Very good show :)
Sokkratez

Postby shane » Apr 14th, 2009 @ 3:02am

I love this show. My mum's a notorious American-television downloader, and so when I saw it on your PC I just figured it was another crappy thing. I asked her what she was watching and she told me the name and I was instantly turned off.

I'm glad I carried on half-heartedly paying attention though, haven't laughed so hard in a long time! I went back and watched from the start of the series and my mum keeps yelling at me to stop laughing so loud in the middle of the night.

Don't get turned off by the name, it's honestly hilarious.
shane

Postby Sokkratez » Apr 25th, 2009 @ 4:27am

This show is SO fucking good. It's the funniest show since 30 Rock. It's on par, even.
Sokkratez

Postby DickieBottoms » Apr 29th, 2009 @ 9:59am

I am so glad I'm not the only one that loves this new show. I originally saw the ads and thought they were interesting but didn't hold out much hope for the show. I ended up watching it so as not to get sucked into something else and miss the beginning of lost and really dug it.
DickieBottoms

Postby GiantAsianMan » Apr 30th, 2009 @ 5:28am

How does Veridian Dynamics feel about television shows getting bumped off prime time to all for the President to address the nation? Glad you asked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpUPW4FL6Mo

Like the President, don't like the President, Better Off Ted should be renewed solely for this.
GiantAsianMan

Postby Sokkratez » Apr 30th, 2009 @ 5:46am

I'm telling you, the show is brilliant. It's criminal that it's not getting more buzz.
Sokkratez

Postby GiantAsianMan » May 16th, 2009 @ 6:26am

Huzzah! Better Off Ted makes it to Season 2!

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/bre ... bc-re.html
GiantAsianMan

Postby archaic frost » May 30th, 2009 @ 3:33pm

Season 2? Really? I thought for sure it was canceled. I'll admit, I didn't like the show at first - wasn't quite getting it. Then an episode (I think it was 3?) aired with a brief little Veridian Dymanics welcome video/commercial: "Veridian Dynamics. We're a family just like yours. But we don't waste our time throwing leaves around. We put our family to work. We mean real work, not just eating mush."

And that did it. I finally GOT the show, started at the beginning and really enjoyed it. Thought for sure it was canceled though. I know it's coming back sometime in June to air the rest of the season 1 episodes, but never thought it would get renewed. It just seemed too quirky.

Here are some of my favorite quotes from the other intro videos:
  • Veridian Dynamics--because you can't spell "individual" without "Veridian." And "U." And an "L."
  • X-rays show that when people work together, they're happier and less likely to do something weird.
  • Competition--whether it's animals, or this old woman and baby, fighting to the death. Competition makes us stronger. In business, that means better products--pills that look like candy, hands that can shoot lightning, and a new generation of hurricane-proof dogs.
  • Diversity--just the thought of it makes these white people smile. We believe everyone works best when they work together, even if they're just standing around. Just like we enjoy varieties of food, we enjoy varieties of people. Even though we can't eat them.
archaic frost

Postby GiantAsianMan » May 30th, 2009 @ 3:53pm

archaic frost wrote:I know it's coming back sometime in June to air the rest of the season 1 episodes, but never thought it would get renewed. It just seemed too quirky.

Yeah, ABC is going to air the 6 remaining first season episodes starting June 23 at 9 pm.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111800 ... 1&nid=2565
GiantAsianMan

Postby Sokkratez » May 30th, 2009 @ 5:26pm

<3 !!!
Sokkratez

Postby GiantAsianMan » Jun 22nd, 2009 @ 6:45am

Just as a reminder, Better Off Ted returns tomorrow (Tuesday 06/23) at 9:30. Watch it, its funny.
GiantAsianMan

Postby Sokkratez » Jun 22nd, 2009 @ 7:10am

Yeeaah!
Sokkratez

Postby Klendathu » Jul 1st, 2009 @ 1:34am

Great episode, again.
Klendathu

Postby GiantAsianMan » May 27th, 2010 @ 4:01pm

Dusting off this thread for those that may be interested...

Even though the show's been canceled, there are still 2 episodes that have yet to be aired. As of right now, ABC has scheduled to air them on June 17. One catch- that's also the night Game 7 of the NBA Finals is scheduled. So, if the series ends before Game 7, ABC will show the last episodes of Better Off Ted, which is a good thing. However, if Game 7 becomes necessary, the episodes go back into limbo, which is the opposite of a good thing. So pray for a short series.

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2010-5-2 ... nbc-finals
GiantAsianMan

Cheap NFL Jerseys China Free Shipping

Postby RichardLaush » Aug 27th, 2018 @ 4:57am

When receiving an emergency shelter, the needs need to be kept in view and the unexpected emergency shelter must be acquired accordingly.Because you can discover, this kind of handset can take an amazing amount of misuse but still make you like modern day Android capabilities. This is actually all in all enjoyable once you get the hang of it. &bull; This equipment fit in your hand and weigh very less.As the device provider, Huawei also took part in an elearning program initiated by the Gauteng Department of Education in 2014. When you look at buying a used performance car you need to think of a budget that you can afford comfortably, there is no point having to work all hours god sends so that you can afford to only put a few miles worth of fuel in it.&bull; The good thing for you is that there is a good range of binoculars that you can purchase. Many people merely adore to eat and inside the lengthy run their stomach starts to expand, which outcomes in larger cravings for food.No group claimed the attack yet.Pay a visit to each of our outdoor inflatables web site for lots of fantastic inflatable toys!.Skinny Body Care isn’t like any other weight loss business.Benazir Ahmed, Cheap Jerseys Wholesale, director general of Bangladesh's anticrime elite force Rapid Action Battalion (RAB),Wholesale Jerseys China,Cheap Jerseys From China, told journalists Wednesday afternoon, "We've found the badly charred remains of seven people inside the hideout.<br>Visit my site??http://www.wholesalesoccerjerseyschinashop.com/
RichardLaush

Better Off Ted

Postby peguppybrep » Sep 24th, 2018 @ 8:18am

Stick with the 16s, ddemetra is right that they should actually work a little better for snow tires. Only reason to upgrade would be looks and possibly handling due to a smaller sidewall... But its winter so youre not going to be racing it

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

By the way, I found used 2008 Kia Sorento and thanks Vinchain https://vinchain.io/blog car vin number check service, I learned that this vehicle is with all over damage. Hope someone finds them useful, they are better than other vin repositories in my opinion.
peguppybrep

Forum Statistics